On second thought, melons.
I forgot food didn't directly heal the player anymore.
- Registered Member
Member for 9 years and 6 days
Last active Thu, Sep, 20 2012 20:45:03
- 0 Followers
- 505 Total Posts
- 37 Thanks
Oct 10, 2011Posted in: General Off TopicQuote from monstermistress
I agree with this man, if somebody is an atheist you should be fine with that, you just look like an annoying brat when you don't. I'm a christian, lutheran to be specific, but I still think others should be allowed to beleive what they want.
What I don't like is atheists trying to make religious people more atheists, if you hate the idea of god so much why do you spend time you could be living your life trying to de-convert them.
I always hated when people said that.
"if you hate the idea of athiest trying to de-convert people so much why do you spend time you could be living your life trying change them."
Why do people go to work?
Why do people take daily walks?
Why do people stay fit?
Why do people believe in religion?
Why do goth do goth things?
Why do people feel the need to fight?
Why do people become teachers?
Why do people have sex?
Why do people go on the internet?
Why do people become sailors?
You've already said the answer.
Don't see it?
"if you hate the idea of god so much why do you spend time you could be living your life trying to de-convert them."
"....you could be living your life....."
It's exactly what I'm doing, what the goths are doing, what the bronies are doing, what the scientist are doing, what everyone in their life is doing. They're living their lives.
Oct 10, 2011Posted in: General Off TopicQuote from AZilla2498
I think that's similar to the way my mom explained it to me. I think she said Christians believe Jesus is the son of God, but then it doesn't make sense to me, because if I'm correct, we are all children of God, or at least that's the Jewish belief. What I find shocking, though, is that Jesus was a Jew, but some Christians strongly despise Jews because they think we killed Jesus, or something like that, when the Romans did. So, do they hate Jesus?
It makes no sense to me.
Funny you mention that, it reminds me of this little joke.
"If God is every ones father, and jesus his only son. Does that make us all women?"
Aug 14, 2011There's this street called Lasalle, it's going under contruction. I was biking on Lasalle at night, coming back from a party. On the way home, one of my friends inside their car waved at me. When I turned back around, I saw a giant hole in the sidewalk, with some of the orange fencing around it. High as hell, I decided there was no way of avoiding it, so I tried to just clear it. My bike fell inside, but luckily, there was a pipe that stopped my bike from going all the way inside. So me and my bike flipped over the hole and I broke my collar bone. I then got piked up by a couple of strangers, where they then proceeded to bring me to the hospital.Posted in: General Off Topic
3 months later, my collar bone is fully healed.
On my first day ever going on my bike again, I hit a bus.
Jul 23, 2011Posted in: DiscussionQuote from Gannon93
Theres no way they will. No game I ever played required rebuying it for updates. Imagine having to pay $60 for an update everytime an Xbox game updated
The updates Notch is talking about are more considered as DLC/expansion packs. So like any game with DLC/expansion packs, you'll need to pay for it.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Oct 8, 2011This thread again? Ok I'm going to condense what usually ends up being multiple pages:Posted in: General Off Topic
1) How old are you? Age does matter. The younger you are the more of a challenge this will be. Parents typically don't respect the opinions of their children and the younger the child is the more true this is. If you don't believe me consider the reverse of the situation; you're an adult and a child is telling you that your beliefs are false. Wouldn't you be insulted?
2) Sometimes the best way to do this is to not do it at all. Again, consider the situation from your parents perspective. They probably have no clue you've even considered atheism. If you just say "I'm an atheist." they'll probably think you haven't actually thought the matter over at all and will either think this is a phase you're going through or that someone else is influencing you negatively. Perhaps you should take it slow and maybe check out a philosophy book or two from the library. I recommend something about Zen Buddhist meditation or something. Something that isn't particularly radical but different than your parent's beliefs. Then they'll notice that you have wider interests and won't be so shocked when you mention you're atheist. Show your parents you can think before you claim to have thought.
3) Kind of goes with #2 but make sure you know what it is you do and don't believe. Depending on how religious your folks are (and I assume they're zealots if you've come here for advice) you're going to be attacked for not believing as they do. Make sure you can back up your argument intelligently. The last thing you want to do is back down or sound like you aren't sure of yourself. Lacking confidence in yourself is a gigantic weakness in an argument like this. Don't let them exploit it.
Oct 8, 2011Instead of the crafting table being a catch all for every crafting need, I think adding something like a tech tree for crafting would give more refinement to minecrafts current advancment.Posted in: Suggestions
For example, the crafting table would be second tier, after the inventory craft space. It could craft any wood based tool, wooden stairs, wooden doors, etc.
For the other part of the second tier, we could make a Stone Cutting table:
This would likewise craft only stone stairs, tools, bricks, glass etc. The furnace could be spilt up into two seperate things, an oven:
And a Blast Furnace:
The oven for cooking food, and the Blast Furnace for smelting metals, making charcoal, glass, and clay bricks.
The next teir item is the Blacksmithing Anvil:
This would make our metal armor, weapons, tools and such.
= Yay! :biggrin.gif:
So now, instead of having a Table and Furnace sitting alone in a room, doing everything in the game, you have 5 different crafting blocks, each with their own uses. And Suusshh complaints of inventory space! A minor setback!
This would make a much more perceivable and interesting tech tree as well as adding more complexity to the game.
Oct 1, 2011Much of this advice is terrible. Here's some general tips:Posted in: General Off Topic
1) It doesn't matter how much you eat, but what you eat. You can snack on fruits and vegetables all day and you'll be fine. Nuts work, too. Limit foods with a high concentration of calories.
2) Eat often and eat small meals. This keeps your metabolism up which helps you burn fat throughout the day. If you stop eating, your body will go into "starvation mode" and store everything it can.
3) Don't drink soda. Never drink soda. Soda is liquid fat. Soda will make you fat.
4) Exercise. Building some muscle will significantly raise your metabolism and keep fat from being stored. If you're a woman and don't want to be bulky, then do high rep low impact workouts. It'll tone you without adding bulk. You'll benefit greatly from this. Focus on core workouts, such as your stomach and back. Those are the best.
5) Stop drinking soda. Did I mention this one yet? Just don't do it.
6) Stretches or yoga has great health benefits. Stress can impact your health and contribute to weight gain. Do something relaxing. Yoga is great if you're working out, as it'll improve your overall endurance and performance.
7) No soda.
8) Get on a regular sleep pattern. This helps to normalize your eating patterns as well. A regular sleep and eating schedule will improve your general health and make losing weight a lot easier.
9) Soda. Don't do it.
10) Don't give up. If you start working out or eating better, then slide back into your normal habits, persevere through it. Shrug it off and try again. It's normal to slip into old habits. In fact, it would be strange if you didn't. The important thing is to not let one or two mistakes continue to add up. If you miss a workout day or eat fast food (with a soda), then jump right back on to your improved routine as quick as you can. Over time, you'll find it easier to keep your new habits.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.