Is there a reason to use pipes instead of the sender/receiver and essentia mirrors? Genuinely curious!
- Registered Member
Member for 3 years, 9 months, and 16 days
Last active Mon, Mar, 26 2018 07:27:01
- 0 Followers
- 22 Total Posts
- 18 Thanks
Mar 3, 2018Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Any chance of having the arcane spa be able to suck water back in? I get just having it output when in mix mode, but it'd be nice to have it input as well when using just water that's not mixed with the salts.
I also think the salts should either cost a little less or get more use before drying up.
Mar 3, 2018Posted in: Minecraft Mods
It does, true-it would be neat if it actually showed another dimension or outline of and not just the blackened/bluish area you can walk through before getting squished into rock or whatever once the effect wears off. So you do the warp, and when you go through the hole it's like walking into another world, which then deposits you back to whatever position you walked to in normal world. Later on in research you can do something to make that alternative world permanent until you do the warp focus again.
Mar 2, 2018Posted in: Minecraft Mods
I'm sure it's been suggested many times before, but some way to mitigate flux build up would be nice too. Maybe something hard to make in the infusion category. Maybe have it use some vitium crystals, taint block, ordo crystal, one or two of the machine pieces that accept essentia flowing through the air, the thaum lens thingy and then a dioptra in the middle (since it can sense essentia and flux all around. Maybe make it need machina, vitrium, ordo, and that other one you can get from the little flowers that drop from under the silverwood trees.
Once its made you can power it with
the tears of childrena drop from taint seeds (something other than just a vitium crystal), or something that can show up in the forbidden research category.
This'll keep the suspense for a long time as people are building up to their thaumaturgical mastery but allow people a sliver of hope for mitigation, without making it too easy.
I also think some sort of dimension through the mirrors would be awesome-the text DOES hint at it.
Feb 23, 2018Posted in: Minecraft Mods
On the wisp vs golem thing:
Maybe the wisps could be unlocked in the Eldritch tab, and have them be able to do different things than golems do. Making living things do your bidding seems more of an Eldritch tab thing to me.
Great idea! I have some more thoughts other than my initial response. I'll try to jot them down later today in the drive. Are we just hoping Azanor will check it out at some point or are we going to try to take the best ideas from it and then post them here?
Feb 21, 2018Posted in: Minecraft Mods
I feel like the current research system isn't yet at a point where it is fun on a long term. The first few minutes at the research table were awesome, but then it got boring fast. When I tried to finish the last things on infusion I sat in front of the table like "God damn it give me some infusion cards, will ya!" At this point the system was much more of an annoyance than fun.
I think it would be much better if I could actually choose the topic for the cards and not be presented all kind of random things. Currently even if you select a nearby block you still get a lot of cards that have nothing to do with your current research or are annoyingly tedious to complete.
After some thinking I came up with the following:
First of all: all cards always have the corresponding research icon on them to easily identify the topic.
Initially you are presented up to 7 cards, one for each discovered research area. A discovered area is any in which you have at least gained 1 full research point once, or which you have unlocked by other means. Those cards will be simple "Gain 10 points in ..." cards that require no further tasks. Selecting the Eldritch card (once discovered) will also have a high chance to get temporary, and a moderate chance to get permanent warp.
Afterwards you receive the usual 2 cards (+ bonus draw if any), but those cards are absolutely limited to the categories that are a ) enabled and b ) you currently have points in, weighted by the percentage in those categories. So if you are i.E. currently at 70% Golemancy research, 15% Auramancy research and 20% Artifice research but disabled Artifice, this means there is a 82% chance to draw a Golemancy card, and a 18% chance to draw an Auramancy card (Artifice is completely ignored).
Additionally you can at any time:
- Discard a specific category (big, red X button next to each enabled category), which will disable that category from the list of possible draws and causes you to redraw a new hand. This allows you to focus if you want to, and gives you a strategical option to get a redraw if you don't like your current cards. The amount of redraws is however obviously limited, as you can disable each category only once.
- Experiment (button below all active categories), which will give you 25 points of research randomly distributed over 3 randomly chosen categories, but this has a 25% chance to cause temporary and a 10% chance to cause permanent warp. This is a repeatable redraw, however at a cost. This also allows you to discover new categories.
This way you can much easier focus on the area you wish to get points in, and you can discard cards if the task feels too tedious or is even impossible at your current state, which will make researching much less annoying at later stages. Additionally players are given a choice if they want to do their research methodically to minimize warp effects, or they can go "F**k this, I like purple!" and hit the experimentation button repeatedly for a fast gain at the cost of sanity.
I like these ideas! Making it more interactive by having all sorts of blocks actively affecting your research direction seems more worthwhile. I do like how you need to have certain items made in order to continue in some paths, but currently it's way too easy to game the system. It's faster to just choose something else and keep hoping for the right one than it is go and make obscure essentia crystals (example).
For reference, again, I breezed through after scanning everything I could get my hands on and only using the bookshelf as an interactive item. I think the set up is good but needs a bit more refinement. But hey, what is beta for right?
Feb 19, 2018Posted in: Minecraft Mods
My thoughts on research
Not nearly as interactive as TC5. I mostly just ran around scanning stuff and only briefly had to do some proper research. I know there are a million ideas being thrown around about every which thing, but I think it would be nice if more were required from the research aspect of it. I never even had to refill my pen and ink:P
I get not everyone liked the mini-game aspect of how it used to be, but it made you work at it and thus seem more worthwhile every time you unlocked a new node on the map. Maybe if something more puzzling were required on top of the current system for the more advanced stuff?
Nov 17, 2017Posted in: PC Servers
Location: New York
How did you hear about us? Perusing Forums
What makes Minecraft fun to you? I like being able to think of an idea and just do it! I also love playing with other people.
Do you still wish to join, knowing you'll have fun? Yupper.
Are there other games you like to play as well? I have eclectic tastes. My most recent however are Rocket League (on going love affair), Breath of the Wild, and Doki Doki Literature Club. ^#$%&*! Monika.
Nov 17, 2017TrebliG07 posted a message on Brand new survival vanilla whitelisted server. 18+Posted in: PC Servers
Jan 13, 2017TrebliG07 posted a message on BRAND NEW survival server for Mature players (21+) with Realistic Terrain VANILLAPosted in: PC Servers
Bio: I'm mostly looking to play with people around my age. Building things is fun, but it's way better when there are people around you can relate with. Married with kids, but I still find time to play a few hours a day.
Jan 13, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
I dunno. I like having the wands. Think less wand and more staff. You know who else has a staff? Gandolf. Way better than Harry Potter. Pure gauntlet seems less magicky and more techy.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.