Cool idea, reminds me a bit of the Aether.
I do realize that this is still a work in progress, but I'd like to toss in a few suggestions if you don't mind. ^^;
- Keep the pirate ships on the normal world. Pirate ships are more for tropical seas, out in the middle of the ocean, or docked at the shore of an island chock-full of treasure. If I were to install this mod completely blindly, I would get really confused seeing a pirate ship in an arctic-themed dimension.
- Add in a lot of aquatic features. I think Soulflayer offered quite a few suggestions in that area. (I really like the penguins and the coral idea) Minecraft is severely lacking aquatic features right now, and I think things like coral and aquatic mobs are really really cool.
- I want to craft ice! I want to be able to create neat ice armor or a cool looking ice pickaxe to plow through glaciers with ease! Even add in a cool dynamic where if they are too warm then the tools start losing uses to create the sense of "melting."
- Along with Huge mountains, add in glaciers, ice caps, and I would suggest looking into expanding on the winter biome in the normal world.
- Igloos are cool. Igloo villages are sweet. Underwater Cities are . Make sure you spend a lot of time on the NPCs for these things. I'll be looking forward to making some Eskimo buddies when I download this mod! ^^;
- Beef up the non-aquatic features. I like the idea of having NPCs and the new creeper is cool. This "marish" idea sounds very awesome, try expanding towards similar mobs such as ice spiders and things of that nature.
- Similar to the way poisoning works with cave spiders, I'd like to see a frostbite effect implemented. If you stay in the cold for too long without protection, you start to slow down, lose hunger, and eventually health which ultimately leads to death (taking game difficulty into account, peaceful would probably leave the player with so many hearts left or something of that sort)
- "Arcticraft" is a bit of a cheesy name, but that's just me.
- Please don't forget about clocks and compasses, I need my compass to point back to my portal! (That's really up to you guys, but I find that the compass and clock are often left in the dark with these types of mods)
- If it's within reason, try to get beds working in the dimension. Idk if it's still impossible, but it's just a thought.
- Invest in new mob sounds. There's nothing weirder than seeing a penguin making chicken noises.
- The realm needs more intrinsic items. Ice and snow are already commonplace in the vanilla minecraft and the few intrinsic items you have already aren't quite enough. I'd suggest looking into crystalline themed blocks, permafrost, and perhaps even a machine to freeze things such as water or foods in. Maybe even add in a refrigerator and freezer and of course the melting/defrosting method of choice would be to use a furnace. But that introduces a possible new method of making obsidian: place lava buckets in the freezer and you get some obsidian after some time or whatever. Have fun with it, this theme has tons of new opportunities that are just waiting to be exploited.
Godspeed to you guys with this mod! I'll be looking forward to it when the first release is out. ^^;
- Registered Member
Member for 8 years, 6 months, and 11 days
Last active Tue, Jul, 10 2012 15:54:29
- 0 Followers
- 22 Total Posts
- 1 Thank
Jun 24, 2012TimerClock14 posted a message on Arcticraft - An Icy New Dimension (Maybe we'll release it)Posted in: WIP Mods
Oct 6, 2011TimerClock14 posted a message on 1.0 New Features! OFFICIAL Report on New Features! MINECRAFT IS RELEASED!I made a table for all the current potions available here.Posted in: 1.0 Update Discussion
I'll update it with more detailed information when I get the opportunity. All the data in that table is from what I saw with my own eyes, testing out each possibility myself. No references used.
Sep 10, 2011Posted in: Culture, Media & ArtsQuote from Battering Ram
Working on something right now, I'm not very good at dubstep... or anything digital for that matter...
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27100634/harder better faster stronger ST remix 3.mp3
Also, while on the subject of minecraft influenced music, another incomplete-
Hahaha, those are really cool! The first one sounds like a remix of Daft Punk's "Stronger." The second one is pure minecraft epicness.
Sep 10, 2011Posted in: Culture, Media & ArtsQuote from Wembly
Haha :biggrin.gif: that's awesome :biggrin.gif: I'm assuming you have massive? also what DAW do you use?
Nah, I can't afford Massive yet. I use FL 10 and all my synths are made with Sytrus or 3xOsc.
Sep 3, 2011TimerClock14 posted a message on Creeper base official thread (still accepting ideas)Hey, crazy jackel, there's this really nifty function on internet forums. It's called modifying your post. Try it some time, kthxbai.Posted in: Let's Play (and Live Stream)
Jun 11, 2011Posted in: Requests / Ideas For ModsQuote from Psientist
I can't really help you since I'm just learning this stuff myself and have 0 previous knowledge of java, but I'm working on a "vine" type myself and you can feel free to just copy my code.
It's still a work in progress but the first part is done at least :smile.gif:
Just look for the most recent code.
That's really cool. Godspeed to you, man. :smile.gif:
I actually started learning the basics of modding today, but by the time I learn how to do all the stuff I want, the API will probably have been released. :laugh.gif:
Jun 11, 2011Hello! This is TimerClock14 here again. I'm currently working on my new texture pack, LabCraft (not sure if it was okay to post a link, so I didn't).Posted in: Requests / Ideas For Mods
I'll just cut to the chase: I need someone with the know-how to help me out. I'm planning on making new kinds of items that better fit the theme of my texture pack.
Things I want to do:
-Replace wooden/iron doors with sliding/retracting doors
-Change the behavior of the pickaxe item to mimic that of a drill
-Create several different types of torches, like floor lights, florescent light bulbs, and things of that nature
-Add a new plant: vines
And probably a few other things.
If you are interested in giving me a hand, reply here, send me a PM, or something like that. ^^;
Jun 1, 2011Updated with better grass, brighter and smoother water. And many thanks to TheTrooble for the dirt texture. New glowstone texture as well, couldn't get a good screenie of it, though. Let me know how you like it!Posted in: Resource Packs
Jun 1, 2011Posted in: Resource PacksQuote from totoaquil
can I see a pic of the mobs? (creeper, zombie, skeletal, and spider if changed)
Haven't changed mobs yet. I'll probably do some stuff later, like make creepers robots, zombies into zombie robots, and so on.
Quote from Dingodile616
Looks good, you should change the tools though. They don't look very futuristic. Also you could change wild grass to some bizarre alien plant. That would be cool. Chests could also be changed. (Just some suggestions)
I've been toying around with the tools, but it looks like it will take a while to do that. I may save that for until after the terrain has been finished.
Quote from cheesepolice
I like it! Can't wait for it to be finished.
Glad to hear that people like it! I'll update it soon, probably later today, with the new grass texture and a few more improvements, like smoother water, more metallic-accented lava (for lack of a better description lol), and some other things.
May 30, 2011Posted in: Resource PacksQuote from bazoka17
nice, like the stone and torches :, but u can improve this texturepack by changeing the pickaxe icon into driller
Hahahaha! That's an awesome idea! I'll definitely do that.
May 30, 2011Posted in: Resource PacksQuote from noahs97
It looks good, but could you post some more screenies? hard to tell very much from one screenshot.
Sure! I'll take a bunch. But I should probably tell you that I've only got the Stone, Cobblestone, Glass, Wools, and mine cart rails edited. Oh, and torches too. So it won't look very pretty. ^^;
Added some more images.
May 30, 2011Posted in: Resource Packs[simg]http://i.imgur.com/69EtT.png[/simg]
Welcome to LabCraft! This is my very first texture pack and I have some very high hopes for it. Please, take a moment to try it out and leave some comments!
Here's the download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?39p2loja9u3tfli
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.