Viveporter is a mod specifically designed and tuned to work with the Minecrift mod for the HTC Vive, but it works for regular Forge clients as well. I decided to make it as the Minecrift mod has issues when running on a server, the teleportation was wonky and usually didn't work at all. Viveporter mod adds a simple teleportation item that looks like a laser pointer that lets players teleport around up to 5 blocks (or so).
Features So Far
- Handheld laser-like item for teleportation.
- Point towards the block where you want to teleport (around 5 blocks max distance).
- Use it like any other item, by pressing the touch pad.
- Automatically given to players on login and/or death if they don't already have one. Can be disabled in config.
- Works on non-Minecrift servers and clients.
Here is a thread on how to install Minecrift with Forge: Link The guide also explains how to install FTB, but you can skip that step, it is enough to have Forge for my mod to work.
Additionally, the server can be the most regular Forge server. No special setup required except for installing my mod.
You can find the newest releases and source on my GitHub releases page:
- The item might look weird when held by other players.
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/.
In other words, you are allowed to redistribute the mod in modpacks and use/edit the source code as long as you provide credit.