Raise armies of skeletons to defend your base, or go to war with other players!
Along with the ability to raise armies, Overlord also includes:
- An unlimited levelling system in which your skeleton warriors get faster and stronger as they gain levels
- An alliance system to allow alliances between players
- Multiple AI modes for your skeletons' attacks and movement, which you can configure per-skeleton or army-wide.
- Possibly a fun easter egg or two.
Check out my official addon, Mechanical Soldiers.
This mod adds a guide book in-game, as long as you install Guide API.
Old guide(is not up-to-date):
The very first thing you'll want to do is craft either the Overlord's Stamp(these are cheap, and one-time use) or the Overlord's Seal(more expensive, but unlimited uses, and can control whole army's AI).
Overlord's Stamp(Any dye will work):
Next, you need to hold the Seal/Stamps and right click with it to claim it/them as yours. It will gain the glowy enchanted effect.
About the Skeletons:
The weakest skeleton type. Only has 8 health, is able to equip armor and a weapon, can only use melee attacks.
A mid-level skeleton. Has 20 health, can equip armor and weapons, is able to use a bow, has a 9 slot inventory, and is able to equip Augments.
The most powerful skeleton in the base mod. Health starts at 16, and increases with level. Can equip armor and weapons, can use a bow, has a 9 slot inventory, is able to equip Augments, and most importantly, can level up, which increases health, speed, attack power, and step volume.
To make a Baby Skeleton:
Start off by making a Baby Skeleton Maker.
You have several items you need to put in the Baby Skeleton Maker:
- 16 bones(configurable amount)
- 1 milk bucket
- 1 Overlord's Seal/Stamp. (Make sure you have claimed it first, or the Baby Skeleton won't obey you)
- Any equipment you want your Baby Skeleton to be wearing when it spawns(You can change its equipment at any time)
- A skinsuit, if you want your Baby Skeleton to have it when it spawns
To make a Skeleton Warrior:
Start off by making the Skeleton Warrior Maker.
You have several items you need to put in the Skeleton Maker:
- 32 bones(configurable amount)
- 2 milk buckets(it will store the milk in its internal tank and give you back empty buckets)
- 1 Overlord's Seal/Stamp. (Make sure you have claimed it first, or the Skeleton Warrior won't obey you)
- Any equipment you want your Skeleton Warrior to be wearing when it spawns(You can change its equipment at any time)
- An augment, if you want your Skeleton Warrior to have it when it spawns
- A Skinsuit, if you want your Skeleton Warrior to have it when it spawns
To make a Converted Skeleton:
Note: This is the same process as curing a Zombie Villager, but done on a Skeleton.
1.) Make sure it has the weakness potion effect.
2.) Right Click it with a Golden Apple
3.) Wait 2 to 8 minutes for the process to complete
The converted Skeleton will be much like a Skeleton Warrior, except it cannot gain experience and level up.
Powering up your Skeleton Warriors:
To make your Skeleton Warrior more powerful, you have two options.
First, right click it to open the Skeleton Warrior GUI.
Then, put Milk Buckets or Bottles in its inventory, and it will drink them. The higher its level gets, the more milk it will take to level it up.
Your Skeleton Warrior will draw in XP from defeated mobs, and can gain levels that way.
Healing your Skeletons:
If your Skeleton has been hurt in combat, don't worry, it can be healed. Just shift+right click it while holding a Milk Bucket, or throw a Milk Bottle at it.
Alternatively, you can level it up, and it will fully heal then.
Another method of healing, for Skeleton Warriors, is to give them an item that grants a Regen augment.
- Stationed - Your warrior will not move or melee attack.
- Follower - Your warrior will follow you around, much like a pet Wolf does.
- Wander Area - Your warrior will wander in a 32 block radius of where it is standing when this AI is assigned
- Aggressive - Your warrior will attack every potential threat. Non-allied players, mobs, and anything that attacks it, and anything you attack.
- Defensive - Your warrior will fight off mobs and anything that attacks it or you.
- Passive - Your warrior goes full pacifist and won't attack anything, even if it is attacked.
Want your Skeleton Warrior to look more like a player? How about preventing it from burning in sunlight? Make a skinsuit for it, and you can accomplish both.
To create a skinsuit, it takes a full set of leather armor, 2 rotten flesh, a red dye, green dye(cactus green), and blue dye(lapis lazuli). The shape doesn't matter.
If you want it to be any skin other than Steve, you need to then put the item in an Anvil and name it the player name you want the skin from. It is case sensitive.
To apply the skinsuit to a Skeleton Warrior, Shift+Right Click it while holding the Skinsuit.
To remove a skinsuit from a Skeleton Warrior, Shift+Right Click it while holding Shears.
Augments are items that give your units special bonuses. Baby Skeletons cannot have augments.
List of augments:
- Iron Ingot - Gives the unit Resistance
- Obsidian - Gives the unit Resistance, Slowness, and (if burning) Fire Resistance
- Anvil - Makes the unit fall quickly, and injure anything it lands on. Also grants Resistance.
- Cake - It's Party Time! Units launch fireworks on level up.
- Golden Apple - Slow health Regen
- Enchanted Golden Apple - Fast Health Regen
- Wither Skeleton Skull - Gives attacks the Wither effect, and adds Fire Resistance if needed
Btw, the cake was a lie.
A lot of skeleton warriors dressed as crusaders
The skeleton warrior gui
The skeleton maker gui
The Baby Skeleton Maker gui
The Baby Skeleton gui
The achievement page
The alliance commands
Overlord's Seal gui(where you control your whole army's AI at once)
Some Skeleton Warriors in Skinsuits
A few more skeleton warriors dressed as crusaders
Feel free to contact me with feature requests, questions about the mod, bug reports, or pretty much anything else mod-related.
If you have a bug or crash to report, please use the issue tracker. If it is anything else, here are other ways to contact me.