Ok but why does his situation call for an enormous empty case with an itx board in it?
- Registered Member
Member for 12 years, 5 months, and 29 days
Last active Wed, Nov, 11 2015 21:30:25
- 2 Followers
- 4,666 Total Posts
- 445 Thanks
Oct 10, 2015Posted in: Building, Parts & Peripherals
There really isn't a "better" memory company unless you want to try and compare super high end overclocking memory that is ridiculously expensive. Just get any 8gb ram kit you can find for $45 or cheaper which should be pretty easy right now.
Oct 6, 2015Posted in: Building, Parts & Peripherals
Minecraft is basically impossible to run at 60fps smoothly. I have a 4.6ghz 6600k and overclocked 280x and I get anywhere from 120(I have it locked there because if I set it to unlimited the game freaks out) to 40, usually hovering around 80. But it's NEVER steady or constant, the variation is crazy. It hops all over the place constantly. I'm running it on the fastest and newest CPU core overclocked almost as much as you can, and my graphics card never goes above 40% usage, and even with all that I don't get constant or good framerates. This games' performance is just abysmal for what it is.
If I were you I would just build a good balanced gaming PC in your budget and then not worry too much about MC performance.
What is your budget?
Oct 2, 2015Posted in: Building, Parts & Peripherals
CPUboss is terrible, don't use it for comparisons for anything. And yeah that i3 would be great, it's haswell so slightly faster than the older ivy bridge as well as being clocked fairly high, and the 1150 socket motherboards are newer. It's hard and expensive to find 1155 motherboards new now because it went out of date in 2012. Look at H97 and B81 motherboards, the cheapest one with a PCIe 3.0 16x slot and whatever rear I/O you want will be fine. Of course if you find a good deal on a Z87/Z97 motherboard go for that, but generally they are more expensive and Z87 might need a bios update.
Sep 29, 2015Posted in: Computer Science and Technology
A games textures and what is on the screen is loaded into the Vram, because you know the graphics card has to draw stuff quickly and it needs those assets available quickly. Higher resolution textures=more vram usage.
RAM is where the program itself is stored when it's running for fast interaction with the CPU.
Sep 28, 2015Posted in: Building, Parts & Peripherals
Dude I'm so done you are beyond clueless. You yourself said Xeons were overclockable in this thread and now you say they aren't?
Also IPS is instructions per second, ipc is instructions per cycle.
Also link to the whole article because with without context that graph means nothing.
Actually I found it, wow you are the king of cherry picking. Right above the graph you linked there's an overall power draw graph and guess what? 2 Xeons draw almost exactly double of the i7! The graph you picked was one specific case. If you actually read the article they talk about how much more power the Xeons use. I would link more stuff but I'm on my phone at work now so I'll probably do it when I get home.
And you know that other guy was kidding right? He wasn't agreeing with you. But I knew you would take him seriously lol.
Actually go on Intel's website now. Look up what an 8 core haswell Xeons TDP is and compare it to the 5960x. Straight from Intel ARK.
At this point I think you are a really dedicated troll. There is no way anyone could be this dense when all the evidence is against them.
May 31, 2015Posted in: Computer Science and Technology
Get intel instead. Should be able to fit an i5 and B85/H97 motherboard in that budget. Also don't get a disk drive, use a USB stick to install instead. Should be able to find a cheaper PSU as well. And with an i5 you wouldn't need a third party heatsink either. And thermal paste is unnecessary either way.
May 31, 2015TheRacker posted a message on 980ti Launched! Nearly identical to a Titan X for $650. Thoughts?
2 less streaming processors than a titan X to make 2816 cores instead of 3072 cores, half the vram, otherwise identical. In practice those 256 cores end up not making a whole lot of a difference, especially since the 980ti seems to raise it's boost clock more.
AMD's Fiji is really going to have to bring the heat now that you can get Titan X performance for $650, and the 980 is now $499 and the 970 is now $309.
What are your thoughts? No fanboy wars please
- To post a comment, please login.
Jun 12, 2011Sphax84 posted a message on Sphax PureBDcraft (14/09/2019) - All resolutions / 100% completePosted in: Resource Packs
(all versions for Minecraft Java Edition available on bdcraft.net)
READ THIS FIRST
2) Use a fresh version of Minecraft (Optifine is recommended but not required)
3) Before reporting a problem or asking for support, check the forum!
Designed to let you play Minecraft as if you were in a Comic book!
Note: This pack is available in all resolutions from 16x to 512x. The recommended resolution is 128x. Use the one which fit your computer!
PureBDcraft Preview on BDcraft.net: BDcraft preview - screenshots
PureBDcraft is 100% complete!
It has HD Comic Book styled textures for all the features available in Vanilla Minecraft (and more if you are using Optifine). If you use one or more Mods, PureBDcraft can also be used thanks to more than 100 Mods Patches available on BDcraft.net.
You have all blocks, items, mobs, armors, GUI, particles, entities, logos, animations, skins and even 3D models for some Blocks and some Items!
- PureBDcraft is a resourcepack containing many different files; mainly textures in PNG format and 3D models in JSON format.
- PureBDcraft has been tested as much as possible, but it may contain bugs. If you find one, you can report it on the forum.
- PureBDcraft has been scanned for viruses and malware and does not contain any (resourcepacks do not contain any executable files).
- PureBDcraft is downloadable only if you use the official links available on this page. In the unlikely event the pack causes damage to your computer BDcraft takes no responsibility for any damage rendered.
As a user of PureBDcraft you agree that you ARE authorised to:
- decompile, alter and remix PureBDcraft for personal use if, and only if, you do not share the altered pack publicly.
- decompile, alter and remix PureBDcraft for exclusive use in online videos if, and only if, you do not share the altered pack publicly and you add due credits in the video description (with a working link to BDcraft.net): “PureBDcraft ResourcePack by https://bdcraft.net”.
- monetize online videos using PureBDcraft if, and only if, you do not share the altered publicly and you add due credits in the video description (with a working link to BDcraft.net): “PureBDcraft ResourcePack by https://bdcraft.net”.
- decompile, alter and remix PureBDcraft for use in non-commercial software if, and only if, you add due credits in a visible place (with a working link to BDcraft.net): “Textures/3D Models/Sounds from PureBDcraft ResourcePack by https://bdcraft.net”.
- decompile, alter and remix PureBDcraft for use in other games (i.e. make a “port”) if, and only if, you do not monetize the work in any way and you add due credits in a visible place (with a working link to BDcraft.net): “Textures/3D Models/Sounds from PureBDcraft ResourcePack by https://bdcraft.net”.
- copy, alter and remix textures from PureBDcraft for Mods Patches (read this thread for details).
For any other reason than those previously stated you agree you ARE NOT authorised to:
- modify, copy, host, mirror, publish, transfer, license, distribute, transmit, sell, monetise, reproduce, alter, or decompile PureBDcraft.
- create a remixpack using one or more files from PureBDcraft.
- Ask anything on the dedicated forum: PureBDcraft forum
The main resoucepack
- Open Minecraft and navigate to “Options” then “Resource Packs”.
- Click “Open resource pack folder”.
- Download the version of the pack for the version of Minecraft you’re playing and place the zip in your resourcepacks folder.
- Go back to Minecraft (you might need to exit the resourcepacks screen and re-open it).
- Click the pack to enable it.
- Click “Done” and wait for Minecraft to load the textures.
- If the pack fails to load either assign more RAM to Minecraft or use lower resolution textures.
- PureBDcraft supports more than 200 Mods (such as Dense Metals, Traverse, Aquaculture, Redstone Arsenal, IndustrialCraft², Wireless Pattern Terminal, EnderIO and a lot more)
- PureBDcraft also supports compilations of Mods (such as "Roguelike Adventures and Dungeons", "All The Mods", "Dungeons, Dragons and Space Shuttles", "Forever Stranded", "The Galaxit Project" and a lot more too!).
Thanks to official patches and the awesome BDcraft Community Patches released every week with a ton of new textures based on original PureBDcraft ones!
If you like this pack and the BDcraft work, you can support us with one of those pictures in your forum signature:
<a href="https://BDcraft.net"><img src="http://i.imgur.com/YPzNR.jpg"></a>
<a href="https://BDcraft.net"><img src="http://i.imgur.com/YPzNR.jpg"></a>
PureBDcraft is constantly updated with fine tuning, new features, alternatives and Mods support between each MC update. Feel free to post any comment, things you would like to change (or get an alternative) and things to add.
If you want MORE from BDcraft:
You have questions or want to share feedback and ideas?
Check the BDcraft Forums
You want more by supporting my work?
Check the BDcraft Shop
You still need more for your PC/Mac?
Check the BDcraft wallpapers
You want to play with PureBDcraft in real life?
Check the PaperBDcraft (for young and old kids)
You want to actively support us and remove all ads from our downloads?
Become an official BDcraft Supporter
Jan 13, 2012sonicether posted a message on Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders [compatible with Minecraft 1.12.2 via OptiFine]Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders [compatible with Minecraft 1.12.2 via OptiFine]
Please read this entire post before attempting an install or posting about a bug.
Development news is posted on my Facebook/Twitter page: http://www.facebook.com/SonicEther
If you would like to access beta and experimental versions of SEUS Renewed and support the development of SEUS, check out my Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/sonicether
SEUS Renewed screenshots!
SEUS Renewed is an on-going project! Feel free to report any issues you encounter.
Setup (PLEASE READ)
OptiFine has taken over shader support for Minecraft. Go download and install OptiFine first! ALWAYS USE THE LATEST VERSION
You need to install this mod to use my shaderpack!
Once you've got OptiFine installed, to use a shaderpack, follow these instructions.
1. Navigate to your .minecraft folder (google is your friend if you don't know how to do this).2. Create a new folder called shaderpacks (without capital letters) if it isn't already there.3. Go download my shaderpack "Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders" from below and place the shaderpack in this directory.4. Valid shaderpacks include .fsh and .vsh files that the Shaders Mod reads to tell your GPU what to do during runtime. These files must be in a folder named shaders within any shaderpack. Shaderpacks may only be uncompressed folders or .zip files.
The following is an example of the file layout possibilities for the shaderpack Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders v10.1 Ultra.minecraft/shaderpacks/SEUS Renewed 1.0.0/shaders/[.fsh and .vsh shader files here]or.minecraft/shaderpacks/SEUS Renewed 1.0.0.zip/shaders/[.fsh and .vsh shader files here]
If this layout is not respected, your installed shaderpacks will not work. This is the first thing youshould check if your game looks like vanilla Minecraft.
5. In Minecraft, go to Options > Video Settings > Shaders. Here you will see a list of your currently installed shaderpacks. Select a shaderpack by clicking on it.
6. In Options > Video Settings > Shaders, make sure that "Old Lighting" is set to Default!
7. Click Shader Options in the bottom right corner of the Shaders selection screen (for v11.0 and Renewed) to setup SEUS-specific options. Here you can choose from Low, Medium, High, Ultra, and Extreme profiles, as well as tweak any individual option to suit your needs!
Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders
SEUS Renewed is a re-imagining of SEUS and is an ongoing project. Check the links at the very top of this post to follow its development!
Make sure to always use the latest version of OptiFine!
-Improved GI and SSAO
-Super smooth Temporal Anti-Aliasing
-Completely reworked system for day/night cycle based on atmospheric scattering
-Accurate sunlight color via atmospheric scattering
-Accurate ambient sky lighting from atmospheric scattering via Spherical Harmonics
-New atmospheric scattering on distand land for a natural sense-of-scale
-New underwater rendering
-Normal/bump mapping from torch/artificial light
-Screen-space shadow tracing for better contact shadows
-Vastly improved performance with long render distance settings
-Physically-based specular highlights from sunlight
-Improved 2D clouds
-Improved rendering of stained glass
-New rain/wet effects
-End and Nether shaders
-Improved POM and POM self-shadowing
-Many more, too many to list here!
-Tweak Shader Options to adjust SEUS v11.0 based on your hardware!-Variable Penumbra Soft Shadows-Proper rendering of transparent objects-Proper light absorption through stained glass-Stained glass colored shadows-New volumetric clouds-New water rendering-Water caustics-Crepuscular rays (volumetric light rays)-Improved GI-Vastly improved shadow and GI render distance-Automatic exposure adjustment based on average brightness-New tonemapping operator-More natural/realistic lighting values-Atmospheric scattering-New BRDF for diffuse and specular lighting-Spider/Enderman eyes no longer look glitched-Lots of other improvements!
SEUS v10.2 Preview 1
SEUS v10.2 Preview 1 Ultra (work in-progress)-Single bounce diffuse global illumination from sunlight!-SSAO-Fixed day/night cycle-Various other bug fixes
SEUS v10.1 Lite Coming Soon...
Some issues have been fixed from Preview 1. Some new features have been added.-Puddles form when it rains and create reflections. This effect is meant to be seen when using a resource pack with normal maps. Go download ChromaHills which has normal maps.
-New procedural clouds rendered directly in the sky and in reflections (transcending screen-space)-Cloud shadows. When clouds are covering the sun, direct sunlight dims.-Torchlight color is much more mellow and less orange.-Better specular highlights from sunlight when a texture pack with specular maps is used.-"Smooth lighting" reverted back to old rendering mode.-Tonemapping adjustments-Overall less harsh outdoor lighting
This preview version still has some issues but is overall faster and improved over v10.0. A full release of v10.1 will be released soon. It has not been tested for use with OptiFine.
LEGACY VERSIONS:SEUS v10 RC7 Ultra
SEUS v10 RC7 Ultra (1.6.2 compatible)
SEUS v10 RC6 Ultra
SEUS v10 RC5 Ultra
SEUS v10 RC4 Ultra
SEUS v10 RC3 Ultra
SEUS v08 Lite
SEUS v08 Standard
SEUS v08 Ultra
Once the mod is properly installed, there are a few things you can do to ensure maximum performance.
-Run the game in a smaller resolution in full-screen
-Lower your render distance
-When OptiFine is installed, try toggling "Options > Video Settings > Performance > Smooth FPS:". "ON" gives more responsive input and more steady fps, but likely lower maximum FPS.
Reporting an Issue
If this mod is giving you unusual results, please make sure that you installed everything correctly first.
If you are using this mod on a Mac, I'm sorry to say that I am powerless to provide Mac support. I apologize.
I can't help you if you don't provide these details:
-Describe your issue thoroughly. Provide a screenshot or video if you can.
-Describe your system specs. If you forget this step, I cannot help in any way.
-Include the output log along with your issue report.
-Describe the shaderpack, OptiFine mod version, and Minecraft version that you are running when encountering this issue.
Sep 24, 2012Glitchfiend posted a message on Biomes O' Plenty - Over 50 new biomes, with new trees, plants, mobs, and more!Posted in: Minecraft Modsby Forstride, Adubbz, Cheeserolls, ted80, and Amnet
You may use this mod in a modpack as long as you do not make money off of it (Adf.ly, exclusive access from donations, etc.), you give credit (Linking back to this thread), you do not make any changes to the mod aside from config files, and you follow all of the other terms listed in the license below.
Do not PM this account. We do not use it aside from updating the opening post, and will not respond to your messages. Contact us via our Twitter accounts, or the Discord server listed below.
Download the mod:
Requires Minecraft Forge: http://files.minecraftforge.net/
To use the mod on a server, you must set the level-type setting in your server's config file to BIOMESOP
See progress on GitHub:
Support us on Patreon:
Thanks to our partnership with CreeperHost, we'll have an official Glitchfiend server soon! It will have our 3 mods (Biomes O' Plenty, Tough As Nails, and Bullseye), and will be open to anyone! We also have a promo code if you're interested in running your own server:
Follow us on Twitter:
Chat with us:
Check out our other mods:
Difficulty through realism, with seasons, thirst, body temperature, and more!New arrows, including bomb arrows, fire arrows, and more!
Also try these other mods:
One thing to note regarding the license, whilst commercialisation of the mod is prohibited, content such as YouTube videos and streams which use advertising are an exception. The commercial component of the license is intended towards those who attempt to steal mods, claim them as their own and make money from them and is by no means meant to harm those who have good intentions. If you have any questions regarding the license please feel free to contact us through Twitter, Discord, or IRC.
Dec 25, 2011kingbdogz posted a message on [1.0.0] AETHER - V1.04_01 Launch Bug Fixed - BUG FIXES - Crystal Trees, Enchanted Grass, White Apples!Posted in: Minecraft ModsThread locked for this reason.
Mock-up "CD Case" for the Aether! Created by our talented artist, The5.
1.04_01 has arrived! 100's of Bug Fixes.
Yes, the Aether collaboration mod has finally returned. The Aether Collaboration mod adds a whole new dimension called the "Aether" with various dungeons to explore, bosses to defeat, and rewards to reap!
I know that many of you may have lost interest in the project because of the code freeze after 1.7.3, but considering how many updates and pre-releases that were getting pushed out by Notch and Jeb at the time, you cannot blame us for being so hesitant. Regardless, let's put the past behind us, and look to the future of the Aether's development! Finally, after months of wait, the mod is available to play in the latest version of Minecraft (Version 1.0) and has included some great new features.
We as the dev team would like to thank you all for you patience with this update. Think of it as our christmas gift from us to you I hope you all enjoy, we worked hard to get this done in time.
1.04 Patch notes:
- Added Crystal Trees. These trees can be found floating on small islands throughout the world. Some of the Crystal Leaves found on the trees contain White Apples.
- Added White Apples which, when eaten, cure any poison for 6 seconds.
- Swets now drop Swetty Balls. Swetty Balls can be right clicked onto Aether Dirt to grow it into Aether Grass.
- Made Christmas Trees slightly rarer. You can also turn off their generation by setting the "christmasContent" variable to "false" in the Aether config file.
- Aether Grass can now be enchanted by right clicking it with Ambrosium Shards. Enchanted Aether Grass increases the quantity dropped by crops that are planted on them (at the moment this only applies for Berry Bushes since they are the only "Crop" type block in the Aether).
- Berry Bushes now drop 0-2 Blue Berries. This means you have a chance to recieve no Berries when harvesting them. Planting Bush Stems on Enchanted Grass changes the drop rate to 1-3.
- Blue Berries, Ginger Bread Man, and Candy Cane food items now heal 1 full hunger bar instead of half a hunger bar.
- Fixed issues with Dungeon Loot Chests. Using a Key on them also no longer consumes it.
- Fixed transparency issues with Christmas Tree leaves.
- Fixed a crash where if you created a new World it would output an error "Already Decorating!"
- Fixed a bug where exiting a world while in the Aether would create a "Second Aether" and then teleport you back to the same coordinates in the Overworld, often suffocating your character in the main menu.
- Fixed a bug where shift-clicking while in the Altar would crash and corrupt your save.
- Fixed a bug where Beds would not place correctly in the Aether.
- Fixed Sapling drop rate from Golden Oaks and Skyroot Trees.
- Added leaf decay to Christmas Trees.
- Added golden particle effects to Golden Oak trees.
- Fixed a bug where, while another block was on top of it, Grass would change its metadata into something ridiculous instead of changing it to a Dirt block.
- Fixed a bug where Skyroot Swords used a normal Wooden Sword sprite.
- Fixed a bug where players bodies would stay behind after death.
- Fixed Cloud Parachute entities not using proper texture.
- Fixed Lightning Knives using a Gold Ingot sprite instead of its proper sprite.
- Fixed a bug where White Moa Eggs would be slightly blue.
- Fixed Aether Shovels not picking up Snowballs from Snow patches.
- Fixed the Slider Boss's eye brightness.
- Fixed a bug where Aether Dirt would have no name.
- Fixed Skyroot Leaves dropping Leaf Blocks.
- Healing Stones now have a gradual health regeneration effect, and no longer heal instantly.
- Fixed a bug where Berry Bushes would get removed from chunks and the drops would spawn at the players head.
- Fixed a bug where Presents would randomly explode.
- TNT from Presents no longer destroys terrain.
- Fixed Mob pack-sizes and rarity.
- Changed Berry Bush generation. Now generates in larger groups.
- Fixed a bug where it would snow and rain in the Aether.
- Fixed a bug where the console would list the Trivia mod and Aether mod as 1.7.3.
- Lava now turns into Aerogel instead of Obsidian when placed in the Aether.
- Changed animal movement weighting so that its optimized for the Aether terrain.
- Fixed Aether sounds not working.
- Fixed a graphical error where White Flowers and Purple Flowers had switched sprites.
- Fixed Lore duplication glitch where you could replicate items.
- Removed the unnecessary edit in GuiInGame.
1.03 Patch notes:
- Ambrosium no longer heals nor replenishes hunger.
- The Enchanter has been renamed to the Altar. In the future, it will get a complete redesign which will hopefully differentiate it from other work stations.
- Flying Pigs now only drop Raw Pork, and no longer drop Feathers.
- New Blue Berry bushes have been added to the mod. They will commonly generate around the Aether, and when destroyed will reward you with a random amount of Blue Berries. Blue Berries heal half a heart. In the Bush's place, a Bush Stem will stand there and over time grow back into another Blue Berry Bush. This means that you could, if desired, make a farm of Blue Berry bushes!
- New Festive Tree! These trees can sometimes be seen in the masses, but other times very rarely. They emit snow particles around them, freezing over entire lands!
- Present Block added! These Presents can be found underneath and around Festive Trees. Don't be fooled though: these presents may seem friendly but they (upon random chance) can either turn out bad or turn out very good for the receiver. Be careful but don't be hesitant!
- Added 3 new secret items!
- Added 1 new music piece to the Aether soundtrack, composed by the talented Emile!
- Invisibility Capes improved significantly. While worn, mobs can no longer see you unless you swing your fist/sword, making it a very useful tool indeed!
- Temporarily removed main menu music and the quick load feature. Sorry guys! They will be back very soon
- There is no guarantee that older Aether maps will still work with the latest version of the mod.
- The leap from 1.7.3 to 1.0 in one big swoop was huge for us, and as a result THERE WILL BE BUGS HERE AND THERE. Please just keep that in mind and inform us of any you find, and we will destroy them as quickly as we can.
This is a step-by-step process to install The Aether Collaboration mod Version 1.04 by Kingbdogz, Shockah, Kodaichi, Flan, _303, and Saspiron. Follow closely! This version of the Aether uses and is prepackaged with the ForgeAPI.
This mod is compatible with Version 1.0.0 of Minecraft, and requires the following API/Mods in order to successfully run:
- "Modloader" By Risugami - Download Modloader
- "ModloaderMP" Created By SDK/Updated By Flan - Download ModloaderMP
- "Audio Mod" By Risugami - Download AudioMod
- "PlayerAPI" Created By Flan/Updated By Divisor - Download PAPI
- "ShockAhPI" By Shockah - Download SAPI
The list is quite long but this ensures that maximum compatibility is allowed between the Aether and various other mods.
Once you have installed the above mods, you can install the Aether:
1. First of all, go to your start menu. If you have Windows 7 there should already be a search bar there. If you use Windows XP, find a program on the side called "Run" and open it. Once you've clicked on the search bar, type in %appdata%
2. This should open up a folder called Roaming with a bunch folders inside. On the very top should be a folder called ".minecraft". Open it. Once inside, open another folder called "bin", and then open the "minecraft.jar" file with Winrar.
3. Now, go back to the "Aether_1.04" folder then "Jars" folder that you downloaded before. Inside there should be a bunch of folders and files. Drag them into the "minecraft.jar" you opened up recently with Winrar and press yes if it asks you to replace some files. Once done, delete the folder inside called "META-INF".
4. After that, you must go back to the original ".minecraft" folder that you were in before the "bin" folder. Once you are inside that folder, go back to the "Aether_1.04" folder and drag both the "resources" folder into ".minecraft". Press yes if it asks you to merge any folders.
5. Close down all the windows and start up Minecraft. Wait a while, and if it ends up black screening then you have a problem. If not, then enjoy!
If you happen to use Too Many Items (commonly known as TMI), it must be noted that you must install it AFTER you've installed the Aether, otherwise it will not work correctly.
Thanks for the patience!
~ The Aether Dev Team ~
Having troubles? Installation didn't work? Let DirtyMoDz7s guide you through step by step! Watch the video below:
This mod has literally taken 4-5 months of SOLID development to come to fruition, and we have wasted thousands of hours of our free time to complete this mod. A good way of saying thank you to the developers is to not only download the mod and support the project, but donating a bit of spare money really helps motivate us. Like I said, this project has been developed for an insanely long time, the donations would be VERY much appreciated for our hard work. Thanks!
OLD INFO BELOW
Sorry for the delay in the patch; the team has been very busy wrapping things up with the new mod version, and of course some of us have to attend to real life. However, we have finally finished the patch, and it is now available for download! Not only have we fixed a huge amount of bugs, but we've also added new features, tweaks and balance changes to freshen up your Aether experience. We've worked very hard on the patch, and so we hope you enjoy what it has to offer.
If you have yet to see the change list for Patch 1.02 of the Aether, you can see it below:
The Aether NO LONGER WORKS WITH SINGLE PLAYER COMMANDS. It uses an API called Player API, which basically allows several mods to edit the Entity Player. However, Single Player Commands has not used this new API yet, so you cannot run the two mods at the same time or else it will CRASH. I expect a patch/quick fix will be up shortly!
ADDITIONALLY: The Aether DOES NOT WORK with ShockAhPI r5 and r6, since it directly overwrites Player API (similarly to SPC). However, we have created a new version of ShockAhPI which utilizes Player API. Even though Shockah is currently on holidays, he has given us permission to distribute this version of the API with adf.ly (as he is one of the Aether team members). The new download link for this fixed version will be below. IF YOU HAVE V1.01 CURRENTLY IN YOUR JAR FILE, YOU MUST USE A FRESH JAR OTHERWISE IT WILL CRASH. THE PATCH DOES NOT WORK WHEN SIMPLY PASTING OVER V1.01.
There is also one known bug with the current menu: it seems that, because of the way we load the menu music, it has a 2-4 second stall upon opening Minecraft. It's not a huge delay, but sometimes it may be confused with a blackscreen. It actually isn't, you just need to wait a few seconds for the menu to do its thing.
We've been working quite hard on this patch, and would appreciate any donations from our fans. Anything helps; it's the thought that counts!
The Aether mod V1.02 requires ModLoader, AudioMod, PlayerAPI, and ShockAhPI r5.1.
Aether Mod Download - V1.02
New SinglePlayerCommands Patch out!
To use SPC with the Aether mod V1.02, first install SPC then use this patch by meiska_:
Download SPC Patch
HOW TO INSTALL VIDEO - STEP BY STEP (V1.01, these videos are outdated!):
Thanks to DirtyMoDz7s for the video!
Thanks to RZGamez for the video!
It's finally here...
One of the biggest projects in Minecraft Modding history is now completed. Five very well-known and talented modders (Kingbdogz, Kodaichi, Shockah, Flan and 303) have joined forces to develop the Aether, a celestial realm found in outer limits of the atmosphere. The Aether is what you could call the "antipole" of the Nether. The Nether is a network of desolate, fiery caverns filled with bloodstained Cobblestone and sticky Soulsand; it lies beneath the very soil of our Minecraft world. The Aether, on the other hand, is a collection of floating plains and islands, all connected together to create a breathtaking dimension of the skies. Even during the night, the Aether is still quite peaceful, and a normal day in the Aether is the equivalent of three days on the surface.
Aerwhales, the gentle giants of the Aether, can be found floating in the horizon, munching on Golden Oaks and strips of Blue Aerclouds as the sun climbs higher in the sky. When the sun falls, Cockatrices crawl away from their well-hidden nests, ready to attack. Peaceful as they may seem, these deadly birds shoot poisonous needles at you when provoked. They are one of the few hostile mobs in the Aether.
The Aether isn't always fun and games though; elaborate dungeons are protected by powerful Guardians and sleeping sentries which await watchfully. They can be found in the sides of massive floating islands, containing locked loot chests with otherwise unobtainable singular items and blocks worth the effort of slaying their key bearing protectors.
Dungeons have three levels of difficulty. Bronze, Silver and Gold; Bronze being the easiest, and Gold being the hardest. This means that the Bronze Dungeon will be easier to handle, but the Dungeon will only yield "good" items. Silver Dungeons are slightly harder, and reward you with much better unique items. Gold Dungeons are extremely hard, but you will be rewarded with incredibly powerful items. These unique rewards CANNOT be obtained any other way.
Moas, peaceful and majestic giant birds, populate the Aether in three different colours: Blue, White and Black. Wild Moas cannot be tamed, but they do occasionally drop eggs of their respective colour. These eggs can be incubated with the Incubator block (using Ambrosium Torches). Once incubated, they can be fed with the Aechor Petals of Aechor Plants. They require 8 petals in total to grow, but are not always hungry and will occasionally refuse your offer (which can be done by right clicking them with the Aechor Petal). When grown, you have now completely tamed the Moa, and a saddle can be placed on their backs to ride. Blue Moas can perform 3 mid-air jumps, White Moas can perform 4 mid-air jumps, and Black Moas can perform 8 mid-air jumps.
Flying Pigs can also be found wandering around the Aether, and occasionally flying freely through the air. These creatures can be saddled with a Saddle, and flown around without having to deal with a taming process. This allows players to quickly hop into the action. However, Flying Pigs can only jump once, and do not have the privilege of mid-air jumps like the powerful flying Moas.
The Portal to the Aether is made out of a Glowstone Frame, and can be activated with a Bucket of Water!
Support the Aether Mod!
Just copy the code below and insert it into your signature.
Alternative Banners (Credits to Kanza and Divinux!):
- Hozz (for helping me with some Sprites)
- Firehazurd (for the idea of flying whales and moas)
- GreyAcumen + Community (for the idea of the Aether!)
- Kanza and Divinux for the alternate support banners.
~ Stay Tuned ~
Sep 28, 2015Posted in: Building, Parts & Peripherals
I didn't say "in place of". Some offer i7s, some don't. Obciously most/all of them are also going to offer Xeons.
May 10, 2015Strahan202 posted a message on [ Gaming Website ][ Payed Position ][ Need Web Site Developer ]Posted in: Computer Science and Technology
That kind of web development for that level of reimbursement?
What do you bring to the table? If a web developer did all the work to make this, I'd think they would just go ahead and run it themselves and get 100% of the profit.
Aug 12, 2014Spark posted a message on Need help building high-end gaming computer with extensive budget of 3000$.Posted in: Building, Parts & PeripheralsQuote from Endermod2000
And why is 8 much better?
It's faster, cleaner and supports a better version of directX. Windows 7 support is also ending soon
Aug 11, 2014Posted in: Forum Discussion & InfoQuote from Shpaget
Of course it would reduce overhead, since you'd get targeted audience. Only persons who already preselected themselves as interested will go there.
But the biggest problem is:
In other words censorship.
This forum has never claimed to be a venue for free speech, we regularly censor various types of content. Profanity, adult content, malware, illegal content, we have many restrictions on what you can and can't post here. Censorship is required to operate this forum effectively.
- To post a comment, please login.