- Registered Member
Member for 9 years, 7 months, and 26 days
Last active Fri, Apr, 1 2016 22:45:53
- 0 Followers
- 579 Total Posts
- 51 Thanks
Jan 31, 2015Hello guys,Posted in: Computer Science and Technology
I currently own a Samsung ultrabook with the Intel Core i5 4200U running windows 8.1 and has a 128 gb ssd with 8 gb of ram.. it has a beautiful 3200x1800 touchscreen and simple things like youtube, downloaded movies and page scrolling LAG. It seems to come in spikes..\
Im quite sick of this so in my mind i have a few options
1) deal with it
2) disable tons of functions and features and tone don the resolution ( but i like the high res and touchecreen (13.3inch btw))
3) find a better preforming operating system.
So here is my question, Is there a linux operating system that is lightweight and efficient. All i need this computer for is internet and typing in class ( i can use google docs instead of word if its not suppotted in linux)
also what about the chromebook OS?
Windows 10 is an options too but ill wait till its more complete and stable
ALso for more information i really just use this laptop for class and i have a full gaming rig for programs and stuff, i have office on it so its not detrimental to not have windows only programs considering google has most of the things online now anyways. (i5 2500k, Gtx 770, fractal define r5, samsung 840 evo in-case you were curious )
Any input it extremely appreciated!!!
Aug 4, 2014TheGregSkinner posted a message on FoxBox Vanilla Whitelist! *-=Youtube=-*-=Legit=-*-=Friendly and Mature Comunity=-*-=New=-*Your Name: GregPosted in: PC Servers
Your Ign: TheGregSkinner
Your Age: 18
Your Youtube Link: https://www.youtube.com/user/TechnicallyCanadian
Will You Record on the server? sure im dyeing to record again
What are you good at in MineCraft: i have 3 years experience, so id say so
How Long you have been playing minecraft: 3 years
Skype name: Bio-Mechanical (greg skinner)
Download Speed + Upload Speed: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3668941330
General IQ: complete moron
Whats your favorite colour: blue ( i aint no robot!)
Aug 4, 2014Whitelist application:Posted in: PC Servers
1. Player name: TheGregSkinner
2. Why do you wanna join? Looking for a decent Vanilla whitelist community server
3. If you see someone griefing or stealing will you post it on here? Probably not, it just take it straight to the OP/Admin as i dont want to add spam and unnecessary posts to the forums, plus i think it looks bad to publicly show people who are not good players for the server. I think it looks bad for the server
4. Age 18
5. Will you be a regular? (Meaning be on at least 2-8 hours a day) sure can do\
I also want to record for a youtube series!
Aug 4, 2014You can do a few things,Posted in: Discussion
1. Hold the Space bar while you fall, and when you hit the water it will let you land safely
2. if that doesn't work, put another water source block above the one you currently have!
3. replace the water completely with vines, not all the way to the top, but just a couple blocks from the bottom.. (or ladders but they have hitboxes and you can doe if you hit it wrong)
Aug 4, 2014TheGregSkinner posted a message on Whitelisted, Community Based, Vanilla Snapshot Minecraft ServerIGN: TheGregSkinnerPosted in: PC Servers
Skype: Bio-Mechanical (Greg Skinner)
How long have you been playing Minecraft? 3 years or somthing
About how much everyday could you play? couple of hours
What do you enjoy doing the most in Minecraft? REDSTONE! and matching colors
Have you ever been on a whitelisted server? yep, a couple
Why should I accept you? I love community servers and i think id make a great addition to the server builds and community!!
Nov 11, 2013You dont need 16gb of ram, if your going to render videos and record at the same time then maybe. you should look up things for yourself and make sure you know exactly what your buying. this is the mistake i made when building my computer. for recording you need a decent processor graphics card and hard drive with decent write speeds. don't bottle neck your system. learn about parts and computers before doing anything your self, i would learn about things and ask the community what they think about the parts or build your making, thats where i found most of my help.Posted in: Server Recruitment
Hope this helps!
Nov 1, 2013I think this idea is good for mods, but to actually be implemented to the game i don't really like, it would make the game easier in a sense, and also take away the fun of having to figure out crafting recipes, to me it would feel like cheating. the mod Not enough items actually does this if you are interested, here is the link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/909223-164-smp-chickenbones-mods/Posted in: Suggestions
Oct 19, 2013Posted in: Survival ModeQuote from The_Island
I watched episode. 1, and it's not much of a let's play, more of a time lapse survival.
I know that why i added the skipp button, it was too much in my opinion, thanks for the feed back though!
Oct 18, 2013Hey guys this is episode 3 of my lets play series, what do you think? If you missed them, you can find episode 1 and 2 Right: Here!Posted in: Survival Mode
But here is the third episode!
Thanks for watching!!
- To post a comment, please login.