Above all else Hooked is designed to be simple, natural, and useful.
It's simple because:
- hooks move in a perfectly straight line when firing them
- hooks pull you toward them with a constant force
- firing hooks doesn't require holding an item, instead it is a bauble bound to a key for immediate access
- releasing hooks from walls requires just a tap of the space bar
It's natural because:
- its simple controls mean it can quickly become a natural part of how you move through your world, as instinctive as the sneak key
- the fact that hooks don't drop while in the air means you don't have to line up every shot, which adds to the automaticity of using it
It's useful because:
- it provides options for everything from your first night in a world to frolicking in the nether without thought of the terrors it contains (ender hook, glancing hit on ceiling, quickly release, repeat).
- it is natural to use, thus it will likely be used whenever and wherever it might be of use
- hooks have no durability, so you can happily frolic through your world without feeling like every usage may be a waste
- while using a hook your mining speed is completely unimpaired, unlike with flight (or falling, though I doubt you'll be breaking many blocks while falling, so that one isn't quite relevant)
- hooks are simulated both client- and server-side much like normal movement, meaning a laggy connection shouldn't cause too much trouble (some desync will be inevitable, but that's a given with anything in such a situation)
- Wood hook - not great, but better than nothing in the super early game
- Iron hook - pretty good and not too expensive with a cost totaling 13 iron and two sticks
- Diamond hook - the best general-purpose hook in the mod, being fast enough for really any reasonable need and long enough for any reasonable position
- Ender hook - one of the two diamond hook sidegrades, it's far too fast for any unreasonable need, and much longer than any unreasonable position would require
- Red hook - the second diamond hook sidegrade, it's the only one with creative flight-like movement, though it's limited to the bounds defined by the hooks attached. 1 hook = vertical column, 2 = line, 3 = triangle, 4 = tetrahedron (pyramid with triangle as the base)
(Any ads on this video are due to the invalid copyright claim to the music)
- Moving around awkward areas, such as...
- machine rooms
- your creeper-scarred base
- Hanging above machinery, in order to...
- gain an overview and check that you haven't done anything obviously wrong
- make sure your factory still looks pretty, if that's your thing
- avoid falling into your crusher
- bask in the glory of the factory
- Locking yourself in position, to avoid...
- struggling to stay in place in flowing water
- getting knocked around by mobs in Roguelike Dungeons
- getting launched into the air by pesky explosions
- Grappling to walls, so you can...
- easily mine ores from ravines
- climb up mountains
- become Spider-Man
- run dire-wire through the room through all 4 dimensions of spacetime
(Yes these hooks are heavily inspired by Terraria's, in fact I attempted this mod long ago as Terraria Hooks here and here)
DON"T U DARE USE IT!!1! Feel free to include it! If you do I would love to hear about your pack because I love hearing/seeing people enjoy what I create.
This post may be out of date from the main description on CurseForge. When in doubt refer to the CurseForge description.