I kinda have an interesting idea for the mod. Currently the seasons system adds a unique aesthetic to the game. There was a mod awhile back called Shifted-Snow and from what I remember it was open source. It basically allowed snow to build up on stairs, plants, slabs, and fences/walls. I think the aesthetic would be not only a great addition to the winter feel, but it would also be cool if the API was expanded to include a more realistic snowfall (i.e. snow falling under trees and snow build up). it could also have potential side effects later on such as killing crops or collapsing roofs (would probably be difficult to implement)
- Curse Premium
Member for 5 years, 5 months, and 1 day
Last active Mon, Oct, 7 2019 18:25:28
- 0 Followers
- 52 Total Posts
- 11 Thanks
Nov 3, 2017TheCobalt posted a message on Tough As Nails - Difficulty through realism. Seasons, thirst, body temperature, and more!Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Jul 17, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Are you dumb? I did read the first post before "assuming" anything and it was written a long time ago. There hasn't been anything done it to since 1.8.9... as far as I am concerned, the mod is dead unless he actually writes an updated statement saying otherwise. And... way to not be helpful. I was mostly wondering if there was another kind of mod out there like this one. Not wondering if this is a dead mod or not, cause I really don't care about that. Try reading my full post, instead of just the first few words before assuming I'm only talking about a dead mod.
It was not written a long time ago, it was an edit to the original page. Unless you see a two month period as a long time ago, it has not been on hold for that long (and some of the 1.10 features were already being worked on). It stayed in 1.8.9 because most mod authors make the jump from 1.8 to 1.10 because there was never really a point in updating to 1.9. It would make it twice as tedious then to update it to 1.10.
Jun 21, 2017TheCobalt posted a message on Valkyrien Warfare: Airships, Physics, Subworlds and More!Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Thank you! You are free to use it.
Jun 19, 2017TheCobalt posted a message on Valkyrien Warfare: Airships, Physics, Subworlds and More!Posted in: Minecraft Mods
I thought it would be interesting to make some textures for this mod for some of the missing ones (like the airship stealing device). I got carried away and just made alternates for a few more textures in the mod (mods technically if you count the cannons mod, which I included). I decided it would be kinda cool to share them, and if anyone particularly likes the any of the textures, feel free to use any them however you like (whether that be for a mod or a texture pack).
Jan 14, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
I am not active a whole lot on these forums, however I do watch the mods through development. First off, the new features look like they are going to add a lot to this mod, and I wish the continued luck towards development. I am wondering, however, (this might be a stupid question) if there is going to be a way to generate Thaumcraft generation in pre-existing worlds, similar to the feature in 1.7.10. The reason I ask is because I have a mod pack assembled for a server I run, and I am wondering If I can get to work on the world now, or if I will have to wait patiently for the mod to go into full release?
Dec 4, 2016Posted in: WIP Mods
I must say this is one of my favorite mods because it adds a certain ambient feature I have been looking for for a long while. It perfectly captures snow on non-complete blocks, and truly shows how Mojang never cared to finish snow related features. Look forward to using this mod, and best of luck to it's development.
Mar 19, 2016Posted in: Java Edition Support
I have been having an issue with the new armor attributes. When I created armor with the new attribute, the armor bars don't stack like it does with vanilla armor when you use the addition modifier (Percent modifiers are just confusing when it comes to armor, and they don't seem to work very well.). I have no idea if this is a intended feature (it's kinda stupid if it is) or if it's a bug.
Mar 10, 2016Posted in: Recent Updates and Snapshots
You started playing in 1.1 so you don't necessarily remember mobs in Beta. Back then the only way to regain health was to eat food (which didn't stack), and if you got horded by mobs you might as well be dead because armor was terrible back then. Mobs in 1.9 are no harder then they were in Beta. If anything I like the fact that mobs are more challenging again. So yes people back in those days did technically have to find shelter for the first few minecraft days until you could get decent armor and tools.
Feb 20, 2016TheCobalt posted a message on Ice and Fire: Dragons in a Whole New Light! - Build 1.1.0 - 1.11.2 UpdatePosted in: Minecraft Mods
It's been some time since I posted here so I'll just spew some ideas out:
I'm the dreamer not the modder, whether this/upcoming suggestions are reasonable or even possible is not what is focused on, coming up with something is.
- Dragon Scale Horse Armor - Because why not
- Dragon Bone Horse Armor - Bones seem to be for weapons, but imagine how cool that could look
- Dragon Bone Dragon Armor - Less redundant that dragon scale dragon armor (which I didn't care to suggest), and would look very devious
- Dragon Blood - This has been spoken about before, but I had an interesting idea to consider
- I believe it was stated that you guys wanted dragon blood to be molten or something like that. Assuming the fire dragon's blood is molten (hotter?) and the ice dragon's is something like absolute zero (cold) or something. How about an alloy/ingot that can be made with the two?
- "Draconic Steel", "Drake Steel", or something
- Dragon Corpses - Instead of the dragon simply "poofing" they would crash to the ground (assuming they were in the air when killed)
- On death the dragon would let out a defiant final roar in a huge radius alerting anyone nearby- Could prove interesting in PvP scenarios
- Upon hitting the ground (assuming it was in the air, etc) it would release a shock-wave shredding the grass from the dirt - cool effects
- The corpse could be hacked for scales and meat, but also "tapped" for blood—but the creation of "Drake Steel" must occur quick
- Once the meat is harvested the bones will then remain
- Chilled Dragon Flesh - Must be cooked!
- Scorched Dragon Flesh - I'm not sure about this one.
- The higher tier dragon requires better javelins to work up until dragon bone javelins
- These will stick inside a dragon lowering their defense
- Add rope/chain to cling onto a flying dragon
- Upon reaching critical health dragons would try and retreat
- Rope/chain can be attached to the ground to anchor a flying dragon (enough must be used)
- Dragon Breath - Additions/Specific/Additions/Stuff
- Fire Dragon
- Scorched Dirt - I think this was already a thing
- Drops from creatures inflicted by dragon fire should burn/turn to charcoal - because dragon fire should be really hot right?
- Burn crops - ^
- Ice Dragon
- Some sort of equivalent to scorched dirt (for water?)—Perhaps non-melt-able ice that must be smashed with a pick?
- Dragon Heart Item - Maybe just a trophy? I don't have anything specific for this
- Dragon Tooth Necklace - Vanity/trophy
- Shoot a Dragon's Wings - Force them into ground combat
- Dragon Wing Gliders? - Could be interesting
- Dragon Scale Roof-tiling - Protect yourself in style
- Underground Dragon Graveyard - A (super-ultra-very) rare structure that spawns several dragon skeletons in a large cave
And these are just the ones that made the "cut"!
Some really cool ideas here, especially the wing gliders. Maybe you could use the dragon heart to make new potions? Also I think it would be cool to sort of have a mounted weapon to kill stage 5 dragons (Like the black arrow in LOTR).
Feb 13, 2016Posted in: Requests / Ideas For Mods
Lol, are we competing? What's the prize when someone wins?
I don't have a huge amount of time for modding these days, so I doubt you're facing any real competition. Good luck with your mod.
Ships Mod is GPL of course, so feel free to borrow anything if it helps you. If you want to use a GPL compatible license, that is.
Eh I don't get why there has to be a competition. I personally like your ship mod, and I think it has amazing potential and only become more interesting as people use it for their own add-on or idea.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.