- Registered Member
Member for 9 years, 1 month, and 28 days
Last active Thu, Aug, 4 2016 20:59:47
- 1 Follower
- 329 Total Posts
- 80 Thanks
Feb 28, 2015Tabby2001 posted a message on Explain what the very heck is with this picture I have made.Modern art, made out of drawings of houses and rooms.Posted in: Forum Games
Feb 23, 2015Tabby2001 posted a message on Create the worst, most vague and redundant suggestion you can make.Add mo stufzPosted in: Forum Games
Feb 21, 2015Posted in: Forum Games
Yes, indeed my equine pal, molluscs are a most fascinating species.
PS. Just to let you know that animal (I can't remember its name) is trying to escape the persons hand, but failing miserably.
Feb 20, 2015Tabby2001 posted a message on The above Avatar has kidnapped you! (Or your avatar, that is.)I used to think that all treats were friends, but then the cake turned out to be a lie and now this, but now I've learned my lesson, you can't trust anyone especially your desserts!Posted in: Forum Games
Feb 11, 2015Tabby2001 posted a message on Who are the creepiest/wierdest/oddest people you have seen on Minecraft so far?There was this person on Hypixle in an enderspleef lobby, who as soon as they got on, announced that they had a nude female skin (but not in those exact words) then said #Sexy. I was grossed out by this (because I'm female myself and because of it greatly frown upon the objectification of women) so I said Yuck. (Or something along those lines) then that person, seemed unsure as to what I'd been talking about, then quickly recovered and continued to ask if anyone wanted to do you-know-what.Posted in: Discussion
That was the weirdest and most disgusting thing I've ever seen ANYONE do in minecraft, and I don't think I'll forget it anytime soon.
- To post a comment, please login.
Jul 19, 2013Sn0w posted a message on SnowSong, the EPIC Sound Pack / Sound Resource Pack for ALL versions of MinecraftPosted in: Resource Packs
Better Sound and Music for Minecraft...
MUCH, MUCH Better!
UPDATED TO VERSION 2.0!!!
Now replaces every Sound Effect and every Song all the way up to Minecraft 1.10.2!
Still compatible with ALL versions of Minecraft!
VERY easy to install!
Sn0wSong is completely original and entirely engineered by Sn0wShepherd / Alecia Shepherd!
The NO-HURT version is provided for anyone who feels bad or squeamish about hurting passive mobs/animals. So in NO-HURT, there are no whimpers, injury sounds or death-cries from PASSIVE MOBS like piggies duckins and moo moos...PERFECT for kids! Hostile mobs retain their hurt and death sound effects, however, because Zombies are just askin' for it!
All of the music herein was also composed and performed by Sn0wShepherd / Alecia Shepherd!
Every sound is replaced across all versions of the game, including UNDEAD EQUINE sounds!!! The sound pack adds very realistic sounds, all original music to records and ambient tracks, and offers a fresh and stunning new take on the entirety of the escapist world known as Minecraft. It is truly like playing an entirely different game!
Vanilla sounds make the game feel like you are playing around inside a box of toys by comparison.
SnowSong changes that by providing you an auditory expression that is both immersive and artistic.
You WILL be amazed! You WILL be terrified! You will find yourself becoming more deeply engrossed and grossed out in the Mines and Biomes of the endless sandbox than ever before. And...hopefully...you're gonna love every bit of it!
- Works with ALL MODS! This ain't just for vanilla!
- All music discs are replaced with original songs by Alecia M. Shepherd.
- All ambient music tracks are replaced with original compositions and performances by Alecia M. Shepherd, many specifically arranged for Minecraft!
- Boss fight music for the for the EnderDragon AND for the Wither!
- Every sound effect replaced for every version of Vanilla Minecraft! Not one sound left inferior!
(EXCLUSIVE to 1.7.x and above)
- Enderdragon Boss Fight Music!
- Menu Music!
- Nether-Specific Music!
- End-Dimension-Specific Music!
- Ending Credits Music!
- Expanded song selections for ambiance without replacing files!
- Really spooky cave ambiance with mind-blowing realism that will frighten you out of your nose rings!
- Even scarier monsters! Renew your anxiety and fear by adjusting to the new mob sounds. Trust me, they are engineered to be very scary and realistic without the need for jump-scaring you.
- Multiple versions to tailor your experience to your preferences with 60 full original tracks of MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC, precious blessed MUSIC, all composed in the midst of my most musically creative years!
- No-Hurt version of Sn0wSong assures that you hear no screeches of pain or death from any of the real-to-life animals known as passive Mobs. Monsters still have injury and death sounds in this version! And new to Minecraft 1.10.2, Poley Burrs!!!
- Files hosted personally and privately so NO ADS EVER in the download process!
- Always gonna be 100% FREE! No monetization, NO ADS!
- And now featuring BLAZE-Approved fast download speeds!
- NOW featuring an opportunity to get involved in the project, and in the Total Conversion version of this resource pack, Sn0wZ0ne, which will ultimately replace EVERY texture in the game with 512x and under original hand-painted art by me again!
All versions of the SnowSong Sound Pack are linked on my TWITCH page as well. You can also find them linked to my personal website. These are all hosted on my own file server, aside from the ones hosted here on CURSE and the MinecraftForum, so no ads, ever! Just a fast, clean, direct download. Many additional creatives are also available on my Twitch page and my personal website.
Sn0w's Creatives Page:
This site contains tons of art, music, poetry, articles, etc, all downloadable from my site for FREE! Not free because it sucks, either! Free because I WANT it to be free! If you want to support me as an artist, you can check the new README file in the resource pack for information on becoming a Patron on my Patreon site.
I mean, WOW! An entire book of poetry for free! 20 years of my writings, thoughts, heart-breaks, darkness/vs/light and blood-thirsty rampages and more just right there on the top page for your consumption at NO cost ever! UNLESS you love it so much that you want to buy a printed copy just to say THANKS Sn0w!!!!
Twitch URL to the SnowSong sound packs:
INSTALL: Each ZIP file contains instructions for installation.
VERSION 2.0 UPDATE NOTES:
- Added support of all versions of Minecraft up to and including 1.10.2
- Polar Bears!
- Two brand new songs added to the Menu Screen, including the Title Track from my upcoming 8th album, SYRUP-128!! You get it here, first!
- Improved step sounds.
- Improved thunder and rain.
- A few surprises for the brave and the clever!
- MUCH-improved glass breaking and dirt placement sounds
- MUCH-improved Zombie sound and Villager sound balancing
- Over-all improvement to enhance quality of a very few sound fx
- Improved puppy pants!
- Careful consideration of every constructive criticism received over the past year
VERSION 1.4 UPDATE NOTES:
- Added horses to 1.6.x and above
- Changed Villager/Testificate voice acting to male (Michael Raine voice acting like Michael Dorn (Whorf from Star Trek the Next Generation)!
- Improved Glass breaking Sounds again to SWEET perfection!!! (I am finally satisfied with these)
- Fixed Zombie Idle4 to remove thrum
- Normalized Wither effects and boosted hurt2.ogg
- Converted vicious wolves into kinder German Shepherds..though Zom-Dawgs are gonna scare the bejeebus outta ya!
- Improved ALL Ocelot/Cat sounds
- Broadened the harvest effects for gravel/dirt to make them CRUNCHY like a CHEETO!
- Replaced the song for calm1 with a fresh composition; a virtuoso piano piece of victory
- Optimized every sound through sounds.json for 1.7.x to prefer certain sounds over others when harvesting blocks.
- The sounds.json file in 1.7.x is a complete file...use it as a template for your own files if you like
- New songs composed and available here as Music Pack Addons or as Soundtracks.
- Improved all SFX 3D/4D surround sound implementation
- Removed Wilhelm (Buy more copper! More copper!!!) Get this reference and win a digi-cookie.
- Improved DUCKEN idle sounds a lot
- All cave ambient sounds improved..no more harmonics...just cavey goodness!
- Normalized swim splash and water effects
- Reduced Nether Portal idle volume
- Full stereo for menu click (everyone's favorite effect!!!)
- New LEVEL-UP fanfare
- Increased the volume of orb.ogg
- Remastered all BAT calls
- Remastered all BLAZE effects with very moderate fades (actually made them even creepier!!!
- Fixed a few effect fades on Endermen calls
- Did I mention that the new HORSE and DONKEY and PONY effects for 1.6.x and up are AMAZING?!
- Replaced Skeleton step4.ogg
- Boosted overall gain and equalization (noramlization) of all effects...may need to adjust your volume
- Foley effects are much boosted...you'll love it!
- Removed the kz.png of my art from all versions
BANNER to support SnowSong!
CREATIVE END USER LICENSE/RELEASE:
Many have asked me if they might use all or a portion of my work(s) in my Minecraft Resource Packs and my website materials with their Minecraft Servers and/or Mod packs/Map packs/Resource Packs even their own original video games. I herein give permission to use my SnowSong Sound Pack free of charge, entirely free, for personal enjoyment, modification of the Minecraft gaming experience, and most importantly, for Foley and specialized usage in your OWN MODS, resource packs, and your own GAMES if you are a game designer; INDIE or otherwise. This resource pack is a wealth of brilliant FX and music that can and should add professional quality and all-original sound engineering to your audio projects of all sorts. Giving credit where credit is due, a mention or referral to me as sound/music engineer/composer would be nice, but I will not in the least bit make that necessary for you to use my works. Let my works contribute to your endeavors if they would benefit you at any degree of use.
GOD bless you all, have fun, and keep me working!
**MUSIC ADD-ON PACK ONE**
12 new tracks you can mix and/or match. Just rename the files to whichever MUSIC folder file you wish to change! Twelve songs means all twelve of them could be replaced with this pack! Replace Vanilla tracks. Replace C418. Replace ME! That's right....replace MY songs from the original SnowSong!
WHOA! What a stunning deal! And check out this sweet logo I made to promote these amazing new songs! This LOGO stuff got re-designed, by the way...and Standardized!
SnowSong 1.2. Music Add-on Pack 1 - Duet of Miners
**MUSIC ADD-ON PACK TWO**
12 new tracks you can mix and/or match. Just rename the files to whichever MUSIC folder file you wish to change! Twelve MORE songs means all twelve of them could be replaced with this pack! Replace Vanilla tracks. Replace C418. Replace ME! That's right....replace MY songs from the original SnowSong! These are in a song series that tells the story of how Steve came to Testify!
WHOA! What another stunning deal! And check out this sweet logo I made to promote these amazing new songs! This LOGO stuff got re-designed, by the way...and Standardized!
SnowSong 1.2. Music Add-on Pack 2 - A Story of Dreams
**RECORDS ADD-ON PACK ONE**
12 new RECORD tracks you can mix and/or match. Just rename the files to whichever MUSIC folder file you wish to change! Twelve MORE songs means all twelve of them could be replaced with this pack! Replace Vanilla tracks. Replace C418. Replace ME! That's right....replace MY songs from the original SnowSong! More powerful music from the original works of Alecia M. Shepherd!
GOD richly bless you ALL!
RECORDS ADD-ON PACK ONE
ONE LAST THING
A bonus track co-written by Alecia M. Shepherd (Sn0wShepherd) and Rita L. Sjong!
OUT OF THE BOX
Don't just live while dying...die while truly LIVING! - Alecia Shepherd / Sn0w Shepherd / Mama Sn0w
Nov 28, 2011Posted in: WIP Mods
This is a mod that allows you to hatch previously useless dragon eggs. Once fostered and tamed, they'll be your faithful companion in all situations and, of course, can be used for a ride!
Some images of a tour through the sky:
Here's an image of two dragons on ground, one of them saddled:
They can also hover midair and look at you:
For less annoyance, dragons can be told to sit like cats and wolves by using a bone on them:
- Fixed a NullPointerException in EntityAIDragonCatchOwner.
- Dragons will fly together with their owners that glide with Elytras.
- Forest dragon now produce green grass again and improved performance of the footstep algorithm.
- Added custom dragon egg block, which has variants for each dragon breed and is also selectable from the creative inventory (the vanilla dragon egg block behaves like an "Ender" breed egg).
- Reworked dragon entity movement code to fix some oddities when flying.
- Flying dragons now use proper A* pathfinding like on ground.
- Improved dragon controls, which are now more intuitive and consistent when switching between flying and walking.
- Removed dragon control keys R and F. Players can now control the dragon with the normal movement keys.
- The carrot on a stick no longer has any effect on the dragon flight controls.
- Forest dragons now also leave a trail of mushrooms on dirt and flowers on grass.
- Dragons no longer follow their owner in close range. Instead, they try to stay in a larger area around their owners unless they're leashed.
- Removed broken "global" chat command parameter (commands still are global when issued from the server console).
- "/dragon tame" now accepts an optional parameter to set the name of the new owner.
- Fixed baby dragons not being classified as children by Minecraft correctly and being saddleable and ridable as a result.
- Fixed compatibility issues with JourneyMap and other mods that use the entity renderer during initialization. (#22)
- Fixed compatibility issues with Orespawn and Elysium by adding an option to the config to disable vanilla dragon egg interaction. (#7)
- Fixed some dragon sounds played with the incorrect pitch and/or volume.
- Fixed wrong server proxy class path, which caused a crash on dedicated servers.
- Fixed dragon age not loaded correctly from NBT.
- Fixed issues with Polish and Korean translations.
- Added French translation (thanks to Kenairod!)
- Added Chinese translation (thanks to zqh!)
- Dragons no longer try to catch their owner while on a leash. (thanks to TerrorBite!)
- Slightly reduced dragon collision box size.
- Special thanks to TheGreyGhost for the help to port the code to 1.8!
- Added Italian translation (thanks to Zekromaster!)
- Adding French-Canadian translation (thanks to DragonsLover!)
- Added Brazilian translation (thanks to Al!)
- Added chat command auto-complete support (thanks to SteveKunG!)
- Fixed incorrect landing AI, causing dragons to fly to the wrong coordinates.
- Added Korean translation (thanks to TeamMMKP!)
- Fixed a potential memory leak in the packet handler.
- Added Turkish translation (thanks to mineturk!)
- Added breed textures for the eggs.
- Fixed a UUID bug when setting and checking the owner of a dragon, causing the dragon to be unresponsive for some commands.
- Fixed some bounding box anomalies (eggs floating below ground, sudden teleports, etc.).
- Improved compatibility with iChun's Morph mod.
- Added German translation
- Added Russian translation (thanks to VeryBigBro!)
- Fixed custom splash messages appearing on every start instead of being random
- Fixed IllegalStateException when other mods (e.g. CraftableAnimals) read NBT data from dragon entities on client side.
- Fixed walking animation speed for non-adult dragons.
- Added "tame" chat command for admins to tame dragons directly.
- Fixed another entity exception on dedicated servers.
- Added config file option to override the entity ID of dragons.
- Fixed entity exception on dedicated servers.
- Added forest dragon (thanks to Venomari245 for the textures).
- Fixed reproduction limitation and increased limit to two.
- Fixed a server crash when changing ghost dragons to different breeds via chat commands.
- Fixed an error when using non-global chat commands while no dragons are nearby.
- Fixed tamed dragons with foreign owners in single player.
- Fixed positioning errors in some situations for players mounted on dragons.
- Fixed even more AI navigation bugs.
- Increased minimum distance before dragons teleport to their owners.
- Dragons no longer try to catch their owner in creative mode.
- Dragons are now generally immune to damage from cacti.
- Using a new rendering system for dragon egg entities that is independent to vanilla code and resources. This should fix some texture bugs when using additional mods and resource packs.
- Using a new non-invasive method to override the vanilla dragon egg block. This should fix the block warning message after installing (There will be one more warning after updating, though. Just confirm it as usual.).
- Fixed crash when pressing custom keys while no world is loaded.
- Fixed path casing issue when loading the localization strings on the server.
- Dragons now won't teleport to the owner anymore when sitting.
- Simplified version numbering, using a single increasing number for each release.
- Added ice dragon (textures by simocarina).
- Added nether dragon (textures by Alexxx999 with modifications).
- Added custom key bindings to fly up and down when riding dragons (default: r and f).
- Dragon controls on ground are now more similar to player controls.
- Dragons are now limited to reproduce once only to prevent excessive farming.
- Dragons now follow their owners again while on ground.
- Dragons now try to catch their owners when they're falling.
- Aether dragons now fly slightly faster than other breeds.
- Fixed various AI navigation bugs.
- Fixed unsuccessful unmounting attempts when right-clicking on dragons while mounted.
- Fixed dragons not casting shadows.
- Enchantments are now applied correctly to the attack damage and health of dragons.
- Fixed a crash on dedicated servers related to dragon egg blocks.
- Dragons will now land when left unmounted in air.
- Partially re-enabled keyboard controls. (forward/backward/rotate only for now)
- Steering dragons via carrot on the stick is now the only way due to incompatibilities with the new default dismount key and other problems.
- Removed renaming GUI in favor of the new name tag item.
- Improved and extended server commands.
- Dragons can now be duplicated with the monster egg in creative mode.
- Dragons now grow continuously instead of blowing up instantly.
- Updated fire dragon texture. (thanks to leoslake9!)
- Reduced chattiness of dragons.
- Increased dragon sound volume.
- Fixed server log spam when breeding dragon eggs.
- Fixed leaking worlds and player entities when switching to a different world, which caused some entity anomalies and performance issues.
- Dragon breeds are now sensitive to the surrounding biome.
- Ghost dragons now must also be sheltered from sunlight to hatch from eggs.
- Improved baby name formatting.
- Eggs now produce particles to indicate the current breed.
- Fixed breeding environment data not being saved.
- Fixed collision box size for adult dragons, again.
- Changed the way how babies inherit the breed of their parents so it becomes more resistant to environmental influences.
- Added four new dragon breeds. The breed of a dragon is influenced by the environment it was exposed to as an egg. Hint: the previous restrictions to place an egg is now a condition for one of the new breeds.
- Added config file for server settings. Created in config/DragonMounts.cfg after first run.
- Added option for dragon eggs spawning in chests. Disabled on default, needs to be enabled in the config.
- Dragons can now be renamed by right-clicking it with a book.
- Dragon babies now walk through open doors.
- The dragon's full health display is now visible for the owner only.
- The texture overlay is now rendered on all body parts and glows more intense.
- Fixed collision box size for adult dragons.
- Fixed unmounting cause the player to teleport through/into solid blocks.
- Fixed dragons sometimes looking to a wrong default direction, for real this time.
- This build is compiled using the new runtime deobfuscation feature, which means that it should stay compatible with any future Minecraft 1.5 patches.
- Dragons no longer lift off on their own until I figured out how to fix the AI properly. Instead, the dragon will now teleport to the owner more often when stuck.
- Fixed server plugin using client-only methods, which was causing a crash on dedicated servers.
- Fixed missing chat message string in ModLoader version when using dragons tamed by other players.
- Fixed dragons sometimes looking to a wrong default direction.
- Fixed dragons instantly growing up and not being able to breed.
- Fixed random jumping of dragons and eggs.
- Server commands are now available to operators only and work server-wide on all dimensions.
- The carrot-on-a-stick-control-mode now also works on ground.
- Minecraft's internal boss overlay is now used to display the dragon's health and owner.
- If a carrot on a stick is equipped while riding a dragon, mouse controls are enabled.
- Added the dragon owner's name to the overlay.
- Added more effects for the hatching phase.
- Added a message for players trying to mount dragons tamed by other players.
- The rider now rotates with the dragon similar to riding a pig.
- Various small bug fixes.
- Implemented more of the new 1.4 sounds.
- Temporary disabled any suffocation damage on dragons.
- Dragon eggs now teleport away again when left-clicked.
- Using some of the new integrated 1.4 sounds.
- Fixed dragons not looking around while sitting.
- Fixed Forge metadata not being used.
- Dragons now have a higher chance to land after flying away randomly, especially if non-adult.
- Dragon eggs no longer teleport away when clicked, but also can't be mined with normal tools.
- Dragon eggs can now be hatched under special environmental conditions.
- Dragons now grow up slower.
- Dragons now stand up when attacked.
- Dragon babies now flee when attacked.
- Non-adult dragons now have less health points, deal less damage and make less stompy sounds when walking.
- Improved unmounting positioning to avoid fall damage.
- Fixed a server crash when healing dragons with food.
- Fixed heads not lowering when the dragon is hurt.
- Fixed some sounds being played when flying though water.
- The dragon's life stage is now displayed in the overlay.
- Improved particle generation.
- Added server commands:
- /dragon unhatch - transforms all nearby dragons into vanilla-safe dragon eggs
- /dragon mature - grows up all nearby non-adult dragons
- /dragon rejuvenate - turns all nearby dragons into babies
- Activated eggs randomly jump up a few block.
- Added theoretical multiplayer support (server plugin not available yet).
- Changed item iteraction:
- Dragons now need to be tamed with raw fish for more interaction.
- Dragons can't be ridden without a saddle anymore.
- Food items now heal with their satiation values.
- Items that do nothing when used on dragons no longer wear off.
- In creative mode, dragons can now be spawned with a spawn egg (black/purple color).
- If a tamed dragon is very far away from its owner, it will now teleport next to its owner like other pets.
- Fixed suffocation bug when touching a ceiling of blocks while flying.
- Dragons are persistend now and can no longer be transformed back into eggs.
- Dragons now can fly through water with reduced speed and no longer need to swim.
- Dragons can now look at other beings while sitting.
- Added a few sounds.
- Removed block deleting ability.
- Seecret update!
- Disabled all hitboxes except the basic one at the center of the dragon.
- Disabled any egg block features and changes, new dragons can be spawned in creative mode only.
- Added sitting animations.
- Added mod metadata for Forge.
- The third-person camera distance is now doubled when flying.
- Fixed dragon egg rendering bug with Forge-ModLoader.
- Fixed dragons not being able to swim.
- Fixed dragons sometimes cycling midair.
- Fixed initial waypoint of manually spawned dragons.
- Fixed weird following behavior on flat ground.
- Fixed dragon health bar obscuring the armor and air meters.
- Possibly fixed invisible dragons, invisible legs and missing walking animations.
- Pressing left control key while flying now enables free look.
- The health bar caption now tells if a dragon is "sitting" or not.
- Dragons can now be mounted midair.
- Dragons can no longer be tamed/saddled shortly after being attacked.
- Increased following distance.
- Improved flight controls and movements.
- Increased flight speed.
- Added a simple flight AI.
- Untamed dragons now cycle between flying and walking.
- Tamed dragons now try to fly to their owner if necessary.
- Darkened saddle texture.
- Fixed GUI overlay not always being visible when it should.
- Changed leg positions so the dragon looks less "fat".
- Added flapping and walking sounds.
- Added dragon health bar.
- Temporary disabled flame breath until some problems are fixed.
- Disabled projectile collision on the dragon when the rider is using the bow.
- Dragons now avoid water and don't try to enter doors for pathfinding.
- Fixed dragon water handling when being ridden.
- Fixed dragons stuck in air after using glistering melons while not being ridden.
- Fixed all dragons nearby becoming hostile if you attack one.
- Restored old death animation.
- Restored heal effects.
- Added new ground AI:
- They wander around on their own.
- They look at players and other dragons.
- They defend themselves when attacked.
- Once tamed, they follow their owner and assist them in battle (for now, they're tamed when you ride them first).
- Added body expanding and shrinking when the egg is used.
- Added hovering animation.
- New simplified control system.
- Improved tail movement.
- Small leg proportion and animation updates.
- Synchronized dragon/rider vertical position.
- Fixed fire breath not always being removed when the dragon disappears or gets killed.
- Fixed incorrect friction calculation when walking on ice blocks.
- Fixed a walking animation error.
- Fixed levitating dragons when the blocks beneath are removed.
- Improved leg texture.
- Improved ground hitboxes.
- Improved neck model.
- Improved idle wing animations.
- More model and texture updates.
- Added walking animations.
- Fixed some minor dragon egg bugs.
- The dragon's health is now saved and displayed on the egg item as well.
- Right-clicking a dragon won't mount/unmount you anymore if the current item has an action, such as blocking or eating.
- Changed default control method for walking.
- Changed speed control for keyboard/combined method.
- Dragon eggs no longer disappear when affected by gravity.
- Small model and texture updates.
- Added optional action keys that can be enabled in the config file.
- Added "walking" (currently without animation).
- The dragon's health is now saved in the egg block.
- Injured dragons now lower their head when grounded.
- Adjusted breath flames.
- Improved wings and legs on the model.
- Added smooth animation transitions for the neck, legs and wings.
- Added flame breath, activated by feeding dragons with blaze powder (lasts 5 seconds).
- Items are no longer consumed by the dragon in creative mode.
- When the dragon is transformed to an egg, equipped saddles are now added to the inventory of the rider, if possible.
- Fixed some AI vs. control conflicts when flying unsaddled dragons.
- Added some optional debug logging messages.
- Dragons won't damage their riders anymore.
- Dragons can now lift off using the jump key.
- Dragons can now be healed by feeding it with raw fish/chicken/beef/porkchop (4 hearts) or rotten flesh (2 hearts).
- Dragons now get a terrain destruction aura for 10 seconds when fed with a glistering melon (only when saddled, effect can be stacked).
- You can now control the speed with the forward/backward keys.
- Added two additional control modes that use the keyboard for movement. They can be enabled in the mod_DragonMounts.cfg (will be created on first start). Note: mode 1 and 2 won't work correctly when Animal Bikes is installed! Not sure why...
- Added a few chat messages for guidance.
- Using the dragon egg while holding a saddle now automatically saddles the spawned dragon.
- The egg will now launch you into the air only if you activate it with a saddle. Otherwise, it spawns an unsaddled dragon on the ground.
- Added a less spectacular death animation.
- Improved particle emitter for dragons.
- Changed saddle position from back to shoulders.
- Improved player positioning when flying straight up or down.
- Dragons won't infinitely bounce off the water surface on ocean biomes anymore.
- Fixed first flight target coordinate always being [0, 100, 0] when uncontrolled.
- Fixed dragon eggs emitting too much light.
- Simplified collision detection.
- You can now saddle dragons with the saddle item. Unsaddled dragons can be controlled by height only. The saddle will be dropped when the dragon transforms back into an egg.
- Dragons are now hydrophobic and won't submerge in water.
- Dragons won't take damage from their riders anymore.
- You can now unmount from a flying dragon egg at any time.
- Dragon eggs won't damage the terrain anymore.
- Dragons can now be hurt from all types of damage, including attacking each other.
- The egg will now check if there's enough room for the dragon to spawn.
- Holding another dragon egg while riding a dragon will now enable the noclip mode (an overlay similar to charged creepers will be visible).
- Improved unmount positioning to avoid fall damage.
- Projectiles and other damage sources are now registered correctly on all hitboxes.
- Projectile collision detection is now disabled on the dragon when the rider is using the bow.
- Turned off body particle effects (on request ).
- Optimized renderer even more.
- Small animation updates.
- More texture and model improvements.
- Optimized renderer: less flickering on far distances and the performance should be better when rendering lots of dragons.
- Added saddle overlay (doesn't require the saddle item to be used right now).
- Grounded dragons will now fly away when hurt and land somewhere else.
- Reduced flight speed to match the speed of terrain generation.
- Reduced hitbox size for terrain collision.
- Fixed possible conflicts with other ModLoader mods.
- Fixed incorrect rendering of flying dragon eggs in the ModLoader version.
- Fixed a problem caused when dragon eggs are being used while connected to a server.
- Ridable dragons are now independent entities with their own model, renderer and textures. For now, the original Ender Dragon won't receive any of the changes for compatibility reasons.
- Ridable dragons now have a proper collision detection and won't phase through the terrain anymore. (maybe I'll re-enable it for creative mode)
- Ridable dragons are now slightly smaller than Ender Dragons and have less health points.
- You can now land on the ground. Look up to lift off again. It's a bit stiff and glitchy right now and may look weird on uneven ground.
- You can now mount/unmount while the dragon is grounded.
- Ridable dragons won't drop an "Ender Well" and tons of exp anymore when killed, for obvious reasons.
- The riding state is now saved when exiting and entering the world.
- More model improvements and a new idle animation.
- You can now mine dragon eggs like normal blocks.
- Ender Dragons and their eggs now emit purple particles, similar to Endermen.
- Ender Dragons phasing though the terrain now generate hissing sounds.
- Small updates on the dragon model, e.g. smaller hind legs so it looks less like Godzilla.
- Dragon eggs are now available in the Creative Mode block selection.
Note: this mod is still in beta stage and has known and unknown bugs. I'm not responsible for the possible loss of dragon eggs due to bugs. Test this mod with care!
- Dragon Mounts r46 for Minecraft 1.10.2
- Dragon Mounts r46 for Minecraft 1.9.4
- Dragon Mounts r46 for Minecraft 1.9
- Dragon Mounts r44 for Minecraft 1.8.9
- Dragon Mounts r43 for Minecraft 1.8
- Dragon Mounts r41 for Minecraft 1.7.10
- Dragon Mounts r40 for Minecraft 1.7.2
GitHub repository: https://github.com/ata4/dragon-mounts
Feel free to use the source code for your own dragon mods! And please let me know about any forks of this mod you want to publish!
Note: you may distribute this mod on mod databases on your own under these conditions:
- State clearly that I made this mod. Don't play role games pretending you're me.
- Please link back to this thread.
- Use the adf.ly links if possible. (URL prefix: http://adf.ly/1327464/)
- Don't modify the package using .exe installers, it's really bad practice for security reasons.
Download and installation notes:
- Installation of Forge is required to run this mod.
- Move the Zip/Jar file in the "mods" directory inside your .minecraft directory.
- Don't forget to remove the old installation when updating!
- To hatch a dragon egg, you'll need to find a good place for it first. If you found one, place the egg block and simply right click it. The egg will then start to hatch, which will take a while.
- Once grown up, you can tame the dragon with raw fish. It will then follow and protect you like other pets.
- You can command tamed dragons to lay down or stand up with the bone item.
- To ride a tamed dragon, use a saddle on it, then right click it without holding an action item.
- To heal injured dragons, feed it with raw fish, chicken, beef or porkchop (four hearts) or with rotten flesh (two hearts).
- You can control the dragon with the Carrot On A Stick while riding it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is there going to be dragon armor? And when?
A: I don't know yet for sure. It heavily depends on the reusability of the inventory code of the horses, which is quite bad in the moment. It may improve in the future, though.
Q: Dragons need to breathe fire! When are they going to do that?
A: That could happen within the next few releases.
Q: How do I get dragon eggs other than from boss fights:
A: You can enable chest spawning in the DragonMounts.cfg file. Open it with a text editor and change "B:eggsInChests=false" to "B:eggsInChests=true". Or, if cheats are enabled, you can also simply
enter the chat command "/give dragon_egg".
Q: I tamed a dragon in singleplayer, but when I now try to interact with it, it says "This dragon doesn't follow your commands".
A: This could be an unresolved bug. As a workaround, you can use the chat command "/dragon tame" to reclaim the dragon.
Q: I'm a huge fan of ! Can you add for me?
A: This mod is supposed to be fandom-neutral so it's suitable for everyone. This also ensures consistency with Minecraft's look-and-feel. Therefore, I can't fulfill these special requests, sorry.
However, there are some WIP projects that may use the source code of this mod as a base for a fandom-based mod. Here are some examples:
- Venomari245 - Forest dragon textures
- simocarina - Ice dragon texture
- Alexxx999 - Nether dragon texture and suggestions
- Gon009 - Testing and feedback
- Thaliviel - Testing, ideas and coding help
- Wulf_Oman - Ghost and Aether dragon textures
- leoslake9 - Fire dragon texture updates
- TheGreyGhost - Port of the code to 1.8
- TheOnlySilverClaw - Code improvements
- BrisingrAerowing - Port of the code to 1.10.2
Aug 19, 2011Posted in: Minecraft ModsImagine stepping through a portal into a twilight realm, filled with trees as far as they eye can see. Breathtaking vistas and amazing discoveries await you around every corner. But beware! Not all denizens of the forest respond to your intrusion lightly.
Updated March 29th to version 2.3.5. This version supports Minecraft 1.7.10. New in this version, the Snow Queen rules over the Aurora Palace high atop the glacier, while trolls inhabit caves deep in the rock of the highlands. In addition to these new areas to explore, this version also revises the progression system to feature very visible weather effects in "locked" biomes, instead of less-visible magic effects. Version 2.3.4 adds a /tfprogress command to advance a player's progress, as well as hint monsters that may appear if you're struggling with the progression system. Version 2.3.5 fixes bugs, adds the knightmetal block-and-chain tool and adds a bit of new swamp scenery.
If you haven't played one of the 2.0 versions, there is a new progression system. See the details on the wiki page.
Support this mod on www.patreon.com/benimatic.
Follow me on Twitter: @benimatic.
Old Versions:Download v2.3.3 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.7.10. Requires Minecraft Forge 10.13.2.1291 or higher. Uploaded 2/7/14
Download v2.3.2 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.7.10. Requires Minecraft Forge 10.13.0.1199 or higher. Uploaded 9/22/14
Download v2.3.1 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.7.10. Requires Minecraft Forge 10.13.0.1199 or higher. Uploaded 9/18/14
Download v2.2.3 (mirror)- universal mod package for Minecraft 1.7.2. Also supports 1.7.10. Requires Minecraft Forge 10.12.0.1024 or higher. Uploaded 7/17/14
Download v2.2.1(mirror)- universal mod package for Minecraft 1.7.2. Also supports 1.7.10. Requires Minecraft Forge 10.12.0.1024 or higher. Uploaded 7/12/14
Download v2.2.0(mirror)- universal mod package for Minecraft 1.7.2. Also supports 1.7.10. Requires Minecraft Forge 10.12.0.1024 or higher. Uploaded 6/29/14
Download v2.1.1 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.7.2. Requires Minecraft Forge 10.12.0.1024 or higher. Uploaded 6/14/14
Download v2.1.0 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.7.2. Requires Minecraft Forge 10.12.0.1024 or higher. Uploaded 6/8/14
Download v2.0.3 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.7.2. Requires Minecraft Forge 10.12.0.1024 or higher. Uploaded 3/10/14
Download v2.0.2 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.7.2. Requires Minecraft Forge 10.12.0.1024 or higher. Uploaded 3/6/14
Download v2.0.1 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.7.2. Requires Minecraft Forge 10.12.0.1024 or higher. Uploaded 3/4/14
Download v1.20.4 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.6.4. Requires Minecraft Forge 184.108.40.2066 or higher. Uploaded 3/15/14
Download v1.20.3 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.6.4. Requires Minecraft Forge 220.127.116.116 or higher. Uploaded 11/26/13
Download v1.20.2 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.6.4. Requires Minecraft Forge 18.104.22.1686 or higher. Uploaded 11/11/13
Download v1.20.1 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.6.4. Requires Minecraft Forge 22.214.171.1246 or higher. Uploaded 10/7/13
Download v1.20.0 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.6.4. Requires Minecraft Forge 126.96.36.1990 or higher. Uploaded 9/22/13
Download v1.19.3 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.6.2. Requires Minecraft Forge 188.8.131.524 or higher. Uploaded 9/8/13
Download v1.19.0 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.6.2. Requires Minecraft Forge 184.108.40.2060 or higher. Uploaded 8/4/13
Download v1.18.2 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.5.2. Requires Minecraft Forge 220.127.116.114 or higher. Uploaded 6/30/13
Download v1.18.1 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.5.2. Requires Minecraft Forge 18.104.22.1684 or higher. Uploaded 5/27/13
Download v1.18.0 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.5.2. Requires Minecraft Forge 22.214.171.1244 or higher. Uploaded 5/11/13
Download v1.17.2 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.5.1 or 1.5.2. Requires Minecraft Forge 126.96.36.1990 or higher. Uploaded 4/30/13
Download v1.17.1 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.5.1 or 1.5.2. Requires Minecraft Forge 188.8.131.520 or higher. Uploaded 3/30/13
Download v1.17.0 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.5.1 or 1.5.2. Requires Minecraft Forge 184.108.40.2060 or higher. Uploaded 3/21/13
Download v1.16.3 - universal package for Minecraft 1.5.0. Requires Minecraft Forge 7.7. Uploaded 3/20/13
Download v1.16.2 - universal package for Minecraft 1.5.0. Requires Minecraft Forge 7.7. Uploaded 3/18/13
Download v1.15.4 - universal package for Minecraft 1.4.7. Requires Minecraft Forge 6.6. Uploaded 3/2/13
Download v1.15.3 (adf.ly link) - universal package for Minecraft 1.4.7. Requires Minecraft Forge 6.6. Uploaded 2/16/13
Download v1.15.2 - universal package for Minecraft 1.4.7. Requires Minecraft Forge 6.6. Uploaded 2/10/13
Download v1.15.1 - universal package for Minecraft 1.4.7. Requires Minecraft Forge 6.6. Uploaded 1/19/13
Download v1.15.1 - universal package for Minecraft 1.4.7. Requires Minecraft Forge 6.6. Uploaded 1/12/13
Download v1.14.0 - universal package for Minecraft 1.4.6. Requires Minecraft Forge 6.5. Uploaded 12/21/12
Download v1.13.2 - universal package for Minecraft 1.4.5. Requires Minecraft Forge 6.4. Uploaded 12/16/12
Download v1.13.1 - universal package for Minecraft 1.4.5. Requires Minecraft Forge 6.4. Uploaded 11/26/12
Download v1.13.0 - universal package for Minecraft 1.4.4 or Minecraft 1.4.5. Requires Minecraft Forge 6.3 (for 1,4,4) or Forge 6.4 (for 1.4.5). Uploaded 11/14/12
Download v1.12.3 - universal package for Minecraft 1.4.2. Requires Minecraft Forge 6.0.1.whatever. Uploaded 11/14/12
Download v1.12.2 - universal package for Minecraft 1.4.2. Requires Minecraft Forge 6.0.1.whatever. Uploaded 11/5/12
Download v1.12.0 - universal package for Minecraft 1.4.2. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 10/25/12
Download v1.11.11 - package for Minecraft 1.3.2. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 10/19/12
Download v1.11.10 - package for Minecraft 1.3.2. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 10/6/12
Download v1.11.8 - package for Minecraft 1.3.2. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 9/27/12
Download v1.11.5 - package for Minecraft 1.3.2. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 9/11/12
Download v1.11.4 - universal files for Minecraft 1.3.2. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 9/3/12
Download v1.11.3 - universal files for Minecraft 1.3.2. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 8/26/12
Download v1.11.1 - universal files for Minecraft 1.3.2. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 8/20/12
Download v1.10.1 - client files for Minecraft 1.2.5. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 6/8/12
Download v1.10.1 - server - server files for Minecraft 1.2.5. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 6/8/12
Download v1.10.0 - client files for Minecraft 1.2.5. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 6/5/12
Download v1.9.1 - client files for Minecraft 1.2.5. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 6/3/12
Download v1.9.1 - server - server files for Minecraft 1.2.5. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 6/3/12
Download v1.9.0 - client files for Minecraft 1.2.5. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 5/1/12
]Download v1.9.0 - server - server files for Minecraft 1.2.5. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 5/1/12
- client files for Minecraft 1.2.5. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 4/19/12 Updated 4/22 - fixed a few stray pixels on the items and armors.
- server files for Minecraft 1.2.5. Requires Minecraft Forge. It is highly recommended that you update your forge to 220.127.116.11 or newer. Uploaded 4/19/12
- client files for Minecraft 1.2.5. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 4/8/12
- server files for Minecraft 1.2.5. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 4/8/12
- client files for Minecraft 1.2.4. Requires Minecraft Forge (& ModLoader & ModloaderMp). Uploaded 4/1/12 (Re-uploaded on 4/3 to fix a bug causing more-than-usual lag in SMP. Download the file again if you're having that problem.)
- server files for Minecraft 1.2.4. Requires Minecraft Forge (& ModloaderMp). Uploaded 4/1/12
- client files for Minecraft 1.2.3. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 3/13/12
- server files for Minecraft 1.2.3. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 3/13/12
- client files for Minecraft 1.2.3. Uploaded 3/8/12
- client files for Minecraft 1.1. Uploaded 1/26/12
- server files for Minecraft 1.1. Only needed for a multiplayer server, of course. Uploaded 1/26/12
- for Minecraft 1.1. Uploaded 1/20/12
- for Minecraft 1.0. Uploaded 11/29/11
- for Minecraft 1.8.1. Uploaded 11/02/11
- for Minecraft 1.8.1. Uploaded 10/04/11
- for Minecraft 1.8.1. Uploaded 9/27/11
Download v0.1p4 -updated 08/22 - for Minecraft 1.7.3. Note that saves from previous updates are not fully compatible so you will have to start a new game.
Download server mod 0.1p4 - for Minecraft 1.7.3. Only needed if you are running an SMP server. To install, drop files into the minecraft_server.jar. Note that it replaces the normal world, so you will need to generate a new world to use this.
View the change log on the wiki.
View the FAQ on the wiki.
View the installation instructions on the wiki.
To make a portal to the Twilight Forest, make a 2 x 2 shallow pool (4 squares) of water in a grassy area, and surround it entirely with natural stuff. Flowers, mushrooms or tall grass. Then throw a diamond in (with the "Q" key, by default) and stand back!
It should look a little like this:
Videos:Loooks has a great video showing some scenes from the mod here. Very tranquil.
Direwolf20's wonderful mod spotlight video should whet your appetite for some exploration:
The Yogscast explores the Twilight Forest, Part 1:
Yogscast Part 2:
Yogscast Part 3:
Lots more videos in this spoiler tag here! Some installation guides and some more mod showcases.
Paulsoaresjr takes on the Twilight Forest in his Man vs. Minecraft series. Episode 1 below, but check out the whole series.
Loooks has a great video spotlighting some of the new features here. Very tranquil.
Minecraftmoe shows you some views of the Twilight Forest with some epic music.
GameChap and Bertie are always entertaining. Here is their video showcasing the latest version:
Installation guide by SCMowns:
RoosterInASuit does a nice install guide/spotlight:
Runemaster96 does a very nice job with a mod showcase here:
Piedudeaus's Mod Spotlight:
GeraldoCockerhan fights the naga and wins!
Elliothawk has an in-depth exploration video:
MinecraftScorpion does a Mod Showcase:
Spelunkstar has a two-part video:
Older (but still good) Videos
Etalyx's Mod Spotlight:
Mod Pack Policy:
Please note that I don't usually have the time to respond to mod pack requests (or private messages in general).
You have permission to include the Twilight Forest mod in any mod pack, as long as the following conditions are met:
- Provide a link to this forum post
- Properly credit the author, Benimatic
- You cannot make any money off of the mod pack
- Remove the mod from your pack if I specifically request it
The Twilight Forest is fully supported in the Zekocraft texture pack. I love it!
Also there's the strange and wonderful Ruinex texture pack has textures for this mod.
Please let me know about other texture packs.
KensuleNL made a great banner for your signature:
<a href="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/561673-100the-twilight-forest-v15"><img src='http://i.imgur.com/sEFug.png' /></a>[represent]
Dec 29, 2014CoolSquid posted a message on List of sites stealing Minecraft content. StopModReposts!Posted in: Mods Discussion
#StopModReposts on Twitter! Want the last info? Follow @StopModReposts! We also have a website!
If you are a mod author trying to get your mods removed from those sites, look at this. If your videos are being reposted at YouTube, look at this.
StopModReposts is a movement against illegal redistribution of
Minecraft content, mainly focused on mods. The movement consists of a website, a Twitter campaign, a list of illegal mod mirrors, and several browser plugins. We also have an IRC channel and a Twitter profile.
To report a site that might be illegally redistributing mods, please open an issue in our issue tracker.
We do currently target reposts of the following content types: mods,
resource packs, maps, and modpacks. In addition, we target websites
providing malicious Minecraft content.
Why is mod theft a problem?
The feeling of finding your work on those websites. Just the feeling of finding your mods on those websites is extremely discouraging for many people. Lets say that you wrote a book. The day after, you see the book in a shop, with a big "9books" logo on the front page. You haven't even been notified. How would you feel? You then read the books ToS, and see that "9books" is claiming to own your book! This is extremely discouraging.
Outdated versions. When users find a bug, they then go to the mod author to report it. The problem is, that the bug was fixed 2 months ago! This is very annoying for both the author and the user.
Wrong Minecraft versions. Those websites are marking the mods as working with wrong Minecraft version. They do this to get more downloads. The user will then go to the mod author and complain.
Possible malware. Mods from those sites are untrustable, and may contain malware.
Making money of other peoples work. Those sites are placing other peoples mods behind AdFly links, and other ads, and are directly earning money on other peoples work!
Stealing money. When many people download from those sites instead of the official sites, the author loses revenue. Modders don't earn much from their mods, but small amounts of money can be a big motivation.
Stealing downloads. Maybe one of the most encouraging things about making mods, is seeing your mods getting lots of downloads. When many users download from those sites instead of the official sites, the author loses many of downloads from his/her server. This is extremely discouraging for the modder.
PSA: If you come across a site that you believe to be illegally re/distributing minecraft mods, you can PM me, and I'll check it out as soon as possible.
If you want to block those sites automatically, take a look at this Firefox addon, this Chrome addon or this Opera addon!
- To post a comment, please login.