Hello, I am TLHPoE. I used to mod back in 1.7 and have returned. Here's my old thread with my past mods
Scalae is a mod centered around adding a Skyrim-esque skill and perk system where you have many skills that you can level up by doing actions related to the skill. For example, harvesting wheat for leveling your foraging skill. For every skill you level up, experience is added to your character's level (not the level used for enchanting). When your character levels up (again, not the level used for enchanting), you gain a perk point. These points can be used to unlock perks. Below is a list of all the perks and their descriptions.
Interaction within the UI
Brief Overview of the Perks:
- Iron Skin - Reduces damage taken
- Vitality (& Fruit of Life, Heart of Memphis, Vitalighty) - Increases max health
- Haste - Increases mining speed
- Extras - Chance of stone dropping minerals
- Bonanzas - Chance of having fortune when mining minerals
- New Lawn Mower - Chance of dropping more seeds from tallgrass
- Fun-Guy - Chance of dropping more mushrooms from mushroom blocks
- Green Thumb - Chance of having fortune when harvesting crops
- Butcherer - Chance of having more loot dropped when killing an animal and/or mob
- Sharpened Edge & Steel/Diamond Blade - Increased damage with a sword
- Flame Edge, Fiery Blade, & Lord of Light - Ignites your enemy into flames with a sword
- Sharpened Point & Obsidian/Diamond Arrowhead - Increased damage with a bow
- Quickdraw (NOT IMPLEMENTED) - Decreases time taken to draw bow
- Frosted Arrowhead, Ice Spike, & Ymir's Touch - Slows enemy upon shooting them with an arrow
- Jolting Arrowhead - Increased damage with a bow
- Zeus' Touch - Chance of lightning striking your target
- Swiftness - Increased movement speed
- Big Steps - Increased step height (allows movement over 1-block height)
- Acrobatics - Increased jump height
- Feather Falling - Fall damage is mitigated
How To Use:
When in-game, press L to access your skills and P to access your perks (these can be reconfigured in the Minecraft keybinds menu)
Take damage to increase endurance skill
Mine ore to increase mining skill
Break tallgrass and harvest crops to increases foraging skill
Attack things with a sword to increase swordplay skill
Attack things with a bow to increase archery skill
Sprint and jump to increase dexterity skill
All releases (as of 7/27/2016) are UNSTABLE and are in BETA.
I am not responsible for any damage done to your Minecraft saves.
I am not math major, but this is the algorithm I used for determining how much experience should be gained to level up:
x = current level
(ln(4 * x + 8) - 0.905) * 100
The output is rounded upwards to an integer.
I am unsure of the balancing in the mod, as I have not played Minecraft for multiple months.
If anyone has any balance or perk suggestions, be free to comment below.