*Gets Diamond sword and armor ready*
- Registered Member
Member for 7 years and 3 days
Last active Wed, Sep, 21 2016 13:29:33
- 0 Followers
- 278 Total Posts
- 24 Thanks
Mar 9, 2015TEM187 posted a message on Mowzie's Mobs: Powerful overworld enemies and more! - Version 1.5.14: Down below and up above!Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Feb 26, 2015TEM187 posted a message on AoA--25 New Dimensions• 330 Mobs• 27 Bosses• Skills• Quests• 600+Items [LARGE Bugfix Update, May 2018]Wow, I hit a home-run. God Bless you, OmegaplayzMC! You just made my day there. :-)Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Feb 24, 2015Posted in: Minecraft Mods
First off I'd like to thank you for continuing this amazing mod and for your fantastic Iguana Tweaks mod as well.
There's one feature in Tinker's that I feel is hugely under utilized and that's the backpack slot.. The Knapsack is a GREAT feature, But I usually play on server with Ender Storage and I opt to use the Ender Bag instead. It would be absolutely AMAZING to be able to put my ender bag in that knapsack slot.
As Tinker's and Ender Storage are both in the list of by far most common mods, I'm sure this feature would be loved by a great portion of your user-base.
Personally I think Forge needs to implement gloves, back, neck, rings, belt support by default so everyone's mods can use those slots, but this isn't really the place for that discussion... Unless you want to push for it
TL;DR: Ur Awesome. Please let me put Ender Bags from Ender Storage in the knapsack slot!
And make them show up on your avatar!!!(Maybe around your waist or something? Didn't put much thought into where it would look the best accessory-wise. ) : D!
Feb 14, 2015TEM187 posted a message on [Alpha] The Aether II: Genesis of the Void (The Festive Update! Presents, new companions, and more!)You Rock Nikkei!! Thank YOOUU for doing that and showing appreciation to the dev(s). just now. God Bless you!Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Edit: Thank you Gilded Games!!! XD You have truly made a great Mod greater (and uupdated, too! °u°´
Feb 11, 2015Wait... Darn it...Posted in: WIP Mods
Edit: Well, I know this is a stupid question, and don't think I'm trying to speed up production of anything, but when's a probable time we can expect and update. (Also, is there any way you could think about making Aether II compatibility when it comes out (probably this Sat. ), "cause ExtraTiC is the ONLY way to travel Mid-game ). God Bless you, Glassmaker. Can't play TiC without this mod installed!
Edit: Yet another pointless idea but would probably be beneficial in a future update. What about compatibility with those super-crazy-type mods like Nevermine or OreSpawn? I'm not really saying go the Orespawn-route (due to it being a little more of a modded survival experience in an of its own OP way ) but I'm not kidding about seriously considering Nevermine (and other mods like that) as possible future conditioning. Again, not too big on the update list, but please concider the possibilities :). Once again, God Bless you, Glassmaker. We truly couldn't have Tinkers Construct this high on the download list and popularity chart if this mod wasn't produced in the 1st place!!!! Thamnk YYOOOUUUUUUU!!!! xD
Feb 6, 2015TEM187 posted a message on Biomes O' Plenty - Over 50 new biomes, with new trees, plants, mobs, and more!Yeah, I know that. I'm asking how do i take an already Existing World, and changing the Biome-Type generation from default (Normal world Gen) To the Biomes O' Plenty gen (Biomes O' Plenty Biomes are spawned). :-) I'm asking for help with the deep code of my save for this question. How I do this on a new world is not my question. Thank you, though, for taking the time to answer this question, albeit understandably missing the center of it's position. God Bless you.Posted in: Minecraft Mods
- To post a comment, please login.
Jun 16, 2012Posted in: Minecraft Mods
The Betweenlands is a mod developed by the Angry Pixel modding group. This large and expansive mod adds a whole new dimension with a plethora of exciting new content that offers an exciting and challenging survival experience.
The Betweenlands dimension is a dark and mysterious realm where strange, monstrous creatures roam amongst the remnants of a long lost civilisation. Do you dare to explore?
Features include -
More information can be found on the mod's CurseForge page and on the official wiki.
- A complete independent survival experience with hours of gameplay
- A whole new dimension to survive in
- Many new creatures and monsters to fight
- Bosses to defeat
- Plenty of unique biomes and structures to explore and loot, from towering fortresses to scattered underground ruins
- An extensive herblore system that allows you to create over 30 unique infusions from 14 different aspects found in plants
- A unique farming system with several new crop types
- Over 300 new blocks to build with, including various machine blocks and a whole lot of plant life
- Over 350 new items, including lots of unique weapons and loot, complete tool and armour sets, plenty of food items, new raw materials, scraps of lore and more
- Over 250 new sounds, including 7 immersive ambient tracks and 33 music tracks
- Lots of new mechanics, including food sickness, corrosion of tools, decay of the player, and a combat circle revolving around 3 new gem items
- Randomly occurring events, including changes in the weather as well as sometimes more supernatural occurrences
- Special built-in custom shader effects to make the worlds look even prettier
- Multiplayer compatibility so you can survive with your friends
- ...and much, much more!
The Betweenlands download
The Betweenlands on CurseForge
The Betweenlands repository on Github
For frequent news and updates, follow @BetweenlandsDev on Twitter
Feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the new stuff? The official wiki for the mod can be found here!
We now also have an official Discord server for The Betweenlands where you can hang out and maybe chat with the developers (we're usually around).Come drop by and say hi!
Apr 8, 2015Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Instead of continuing to make this page longer, we now have a wiki! It tells you almost everything there is to know about Style, and we're still updating it. Plus you can edit it as well. Here it is: http://wiki.thegoldvane.com/
Style for 1.8.9
Style for 1.8
DoggyStyle for 1.7.10
We appreciate all the support and feedback we get from our fans! The response to DoggyStyle so far has been overwhelming and we're so glad that so many of you enjoy our efforts. We want to branch out and create other mods, such as KittyStyle, LlamaStyle, and SurivivalStyle. We also want to keep updating DoggyStyle with new breeds and features. But all this takes time, so in order to have the freedom to accomplish these things, we're asking for some help with covering financial burdens. The more support we receive the easier it is to spend more time creating and updating these mods. Also, it's very encouraging to see that people care.
Please consider visiting our Patreon and showing us your support. Every little bit helps! If you can't donate that's okay. We truly appreciate everyone who supports us, financially or otherwise.
- Zeus & Mellon
Connect With Us:
Feb 22, 2015Posted in: WIP Mods
This mod is an addon to Thaumcraft!
This small thaumcraft addon lets you upholster the armor in thaumcraft. After you complete the research and upgrade your armor it has better strength and will also give you the ability to dye the armor, so if you fancy thaumcraft armor you will love this mod because it gives you capability to customize the armor to your personal taste!
Rainbow of Armor!
One of the research pages!
Will add once I get github!
Academic Free License ("A.F.L.") v. 3.0
This Academic Free License (the "License") applies to any original work of authorship (the "Original Work") whose owner (the "Licensor") has placed the following licensing notice adjacent to the copyright notice for the Original Work: Licensed under the Academic Free License version 3.0
- Grant of Copyright License. Licensor grants You a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sublicensable license, for the duration of the copyright, to do the following:
- to reproduce the Original Work in copies, either alone or as part of a collective work;
- to translate, adapt, alter, transform, modify, or arrange the Original Work, thereby creating derivative works ("Derivative Works") based upon the Original Work;
- to distribute or communicate copies of the Original Work and Derivative Works to the public, under any license of your choice that does not contradict the terms and conditions, including Licensor’s reserved rights and remedies, in this Academic Free License;
- to perform the Original Work publicly; and
- to display the Original Work publicly.
- Grant of Patent License. Licensor grants You a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sublicensable license, under patent claims owned or controlled by the Licensor that are embodied in the Original Work as furnished by the Licensor, for the duration of the patents, to make, use, sell, offer for sale, have made, and import the Original Work and Derivative Works.
- Grant of Source Code License. The term "Source Code" means the preferred form of the Original Work for making modifications to it and all available documentation describing how to modify the Original Work. Licensor agrees to provide a machine-readable copy of the Source Code of the Original Work along with each copy of the Original Work that Licensor distributes. Licensor reserves the right to satisfy this obligation by placing a machine-readable copy of the Source Code in an information repository reasonably calculated to permit inexpensive and convenient access by You for as long as Licensor continues to distribute the Original Work.
- Exclusions From License Grant. Neither the names of Licensor, nor the names of any contributors to the Original Work, nor any of their trademarks or service marks, may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this Original Work without express prior permission of the Licensor. Except as expressly stated herein, nothing in this License grants any license to Licensor’s trademarks, copyrights, patents, trade secrets or any other intellectual property. No patent license is granted to make, use, sell, offer for sale, have made, or import embodiments of any patent claims other than the licensed claims defined in Section 2. No license is granted to the trademarks of Licensor even if such marks are included in the Original Work. Nothing in this License shall be interpreted to prohibit Licensor from licensing under terms different from this License any Original Work that Licensor otherwise would have a right to license.
- External Deployment. The term "External Deployment" means the use, distribution, or communication of the Original Work or Derivative Works in any way such that the Original Work or Derivative Works may be used by anyone other than You, whether those works are distributed or communicated to those persons or made available as an application intended for use over a network. As an express condition for the grants of license hereunder, You must treat any External Deployment by You of the Original Work or a Derivative Work as a distribution under section 1(c).
- Attribution Rights. You must retain, in the Source Code of any Derivative Works that You create, all copyright, patent, or trademark notices from the Source Code of the Original Work, as well as any notices of licensing and any descriptive text identified therein as an "Attribution Notice." You must cause the Source Code for any Derivative Works that You create to carry a prominent Attribution Notice reasonably calculated to inform recipients that You have modified the Original Work.
- Warranty of Provenance and Disclaimer of Warranty. Licensor warrants that the copyright in and to the Original Work and the patent rights granted herein by Licensor are owned by the Licensor or are sublicensed to You under the terms of this License with the permission of the contributor(s) of those copyrights and patent rights. Except as expressly stated in the immediately preceding sentence, the Original Work is provided under this License on an "AS IS" BASIS and WITHOUT WARRANTY, either express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY OF THE ORIGINAL WORK IS WITH YOU. This DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY constitutes an essential part of this License. No license to the Original Work is granted by this License except under this disclaimer.
- Limitation of Liability. Under no circumstances and under no legal theory, whether in tort (including negligence), contract, or otherwise, shall the Licensor be liable to anyone for any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages of any character arising as a result of this License or the use of the Original Work including, without limitation, damages for loss of goodwill, work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction, or any and all other commercial damages or losses. This limitation of liability shall not apply to the extent applicable law prohibits such limitation.
- Acceptance and Termination. If, at any time, You expressly assented to this License, that assent indicates your clear and irrevocable acceptance of this License and all of its terms and conditions. If You distribute or communicate copies of the Original Work or a Derivative Work, You must make a reasonable effort under the circumstances to obtain the express assent of recipients to the terms of this License. This License conditions your rights to undertake the activities listed in Section 1, including your right to create Derivative Works based upon the Original Work, and doing so without honoring these terms and conditions is prohibited by copyright law and international treaty. Nothing in this License is intended to affect copyright exceptions and limitations (including “fair use” or “fair dealing”). This License shall terminate immediately and You may no longer exercise any of the rights granted to You by this License upon your failure to honor the conditions in Section 1(c).
- Termination for Patent Action. This License shall terminate automatically and You may no longer exercise any of the rights granted to You by this License as of the date You commence an action, including a cross-claim or counterclaim, against Licensor or any licensee alleging that the Original Work infringes a patent. This termination provision shall not apply for an action alleging patent infringement by combinations of the Original Work with other software or hardware.
- Jurisdiction, Venue and Governing Law. Any action or suit relating to this License may be brought only in the courts of a jurisdiction wherein the Licensor resides or in which Licensor conducts its primary business, and under the laws of that jurisdiction excluding its conflict-of-law provisions. The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded. Any use of the Original Work outside the scope of this License or after its termination shall be subject to the requirements and penalties of copyright or patent law in the appropriate jurisdiction. This section shall survive the termination of this License.
- Attorneys’ Fees. In any action to enforce the terms of this License or seeking damages relating thereto, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover its costs and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees and costs incurred in connection with such action, including any appeal of such action. This section shall survive the termination of this License.
- Miscellaneous. If any provision of this License is held to be unenforceable, such provision shall be reformed only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable.
- Definition of "You" in This License. "You" throughout this License, whether in upper or lower case, means an individual or a legal entity exercising rights under, and complying with all of the terms of, this License. For legal entities, "You" includes any entity that controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with you. For purposes of this definition, "control" means (i) the power, direct or indirect, to cause the direction or management of such entity, whether by contract or otherwise, or (ii) ownership of fifty percent (50%) or more of the outstanding shares, or (iii) beneficial ownership of such entity.
- Right to Use. You may use the Original Work in all ways not otherwise restricted or conditioned by this License or by law, and Licensor promises not to interfere with or be responsible for such uses by You.
- Modification of This License. This License is Copyright © 2005 Lawrence Rosen. Permission is granted to copy, distribute, or communicate this License without modification. Nothing in this License permits You to modify this License as applied to the Original Work or to Derivative Works. However, You may modify the text of this License and copy, distribute or communicate your modified version (the "Modified License") and apply it to other original works of authorship subject to the following conditions: (i) You may not indicate in any way that your Modified License is the "Academic Free License" or "AFL" and you may not use those names in the name of your Modified License; (ii) You must replace the notice specified in the first paragraph above with the notice "Licensed under <insert your license name here>" or with a notice of your own that is not confusingly similar to the notice in this License; and (iii) You may not claim that your original works are open source software unless your Modified License has been approved by Open Source Initiative (OSI) and You comply with its license review and certification process.
In case you don't want to read all of that, of course you can put this mod in your mod pack!
yorkeMC for .lang fix and french translation! Also a creative tab suggestion!
Azanor, LexManos, d95 -Obvious reasons.
Everyone who gives me a suggestion or idea -Because good ideas are awesome!
Every single person who clicks that download button! -Because it makes me happy when people download my mod!
If you have any suggestions please give me them and I will implement them into my mod as long as they are related to something with thaumcraft!
Oct 6, 2013Posted in: Mods Discussion
Hello! PCAwesomeness here! As you see, I have decided to make some models for a few of my favorite mods. Here they are:
Primal Craftage:Current Models:
Compsognathus Preview (textured by Mushroomsock)
Pteranodon previews coming soon!
It's About Time:Current Models:
Sarcosuchus Preview (textured by Commandosaur and me)
Jun 7, 2014Posted in: Minecraft ModsEnder Utilities
Note: Check the Ender Utilities CurseForge project page for the latest downloads and information.
The Minecraft Forums editor is a pain to work with and I won't be updating this post anymore.
Ender Utilities is mod packed full of miscellaneous utility type items and blocks.
As the name suggests, most of these center around "ender type" mechanics, such as teleportation, remote access, extended storage capabilities.
This mod was made/started as part of Modjam 4 modding event/competition. It is also my second mod overall, and my first mod that adds any content such as items or blocks in-game. As such, this mod for me is mainly a modding learning experience/project. I hope at least someone else will find it useful and fun to play with as well
All releases are available from the Ender Utilities CurseForge page.
Mod reviews and spotlights
Below are some mod reviews/spotlights/showcases made by some of you lovely people, thanks everyone!
By djs1966 / Lord Raven:
Mod packs, permissions, linking/hosting etc.
- You are by default allowed to include this mod in a mod pack, provided that you comply with the licences/permissions of all the mods in the pack.
- Don't re-host the mod itself publicly in third party places and definitely not behind any ad links that make someone else money from my work!
- You don't have to, but I would appreciate it if you would at least send me a message if you are using this mod in a mod pack. I'm interested to see where my mod is being used
- Basically follow Wheaton's Law (= Don't be a di*k.)
The source code can be found on my Github repo.
If you'd like to see what I'm currently working on and get more frequent status updates and spoilers, I may occasionally tweet some stuff like screenshots on twitter: @maruohon and/or player.me: player.me/masa.
Also check out OpenEye
OpenEye is an awesome mod that collects some basic information, and most notably, crash reports of mods. It helps both the mod developers and the end users in solving the problems. It will notify the user about known problems and new updates, and it will automatically deliver the crash reports so that the developers know about the problems and can fix them. Go check it out!
Dec 30, 2014skinwalker21 posted a message on Wild Cryptids and Conspiracies Mod [WIP] java coders needed.Posted in: WIP Mods
There are animal mods, dinosaur mods, gun mods, and pretty much a mod for everything, but I just couldn't get why there weren't any mods with cryptids, the closest I could think of was myths and monsters mod so I decided I am going to make a mod with a bunch of cryptids cause why not lol?
I'am the owner of the wild cryptids and conspiracies mod, and I have been working on it, right now this is a really early version of what I got going so far
old version "http://adf.ly/1OQGFl"
latest version "http://adf.ly/1PWt8w"
none of them have animations or sound files yet and I will work on those once I figure out how to code that
Mobs that have been made so far:
Lonepine Mountain Devil
Cryptids I plan to feature:
Any other cryptid you would like to see in Minecraft.
Cryptids that people have suggested:
Fear Liath Moor
Blue Mountains Panther
Malawi Terror Beast
Proctor Valley Monster
Gryphons & Hippogryphs
White River Monster
Bear Lake Monster
Beast of Monterey Bay
hook island sea monster
french giant goldfish
moa (cryptid due to people reporting sights in todays time)
hook island sea monster
lake ikeda monster
Cherokee Death Cat
Pocahontas Fire Dragon,
Beast of Bray Road
Vegetable Lamb of Tartary
There will be trophies associated with the cryptids
and other items.
I don't have an offical name for the mod, but It will be
more associated with extreme survival hunting than Farmville,
and put life into the Overworld instead of putiing them in a dimension
and they will be hard to kill.
Here are the mobs themselves:
Lone Pine Mountain Devil
Mongolian Death Worm
Jul 9, 2013Mr_TJP posted a message on [Forge Multipart] ProjectRed - v4.7.0pre12.95 - 02/08/2016Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Project Red is all about tech. If you love redstone, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it. It allows you to do so many things, and in a lot cleaner and more compact environment then doing them with normal redstone would allow. The two main things added by Project Red are Wires and Logic Gates. Wires work sort of like redstone dust, except they can be transmitted for up to 256 blocks, and go up and under blocks as well as around corners. Logic gates allow you to fit what would otherwise take a huge building of redstone craziness and squeeze it into a tiny logic gate, that can be placed on any solid block on any side.
This mod gives you the tools you need to push redstone to its true potential.
If you like what I do,
Also, follow me on twitter, where I will soon start posting updates and screenshots about things I am working on.
ProjectRed is a massive mod. It has been split up into several modules that you see below.
For details on what each module does, simply go to the site linked below.
Some mods only work if other mods are installed:
MrTJPCore is required for anything to work.
ProjectRed Base is required for any other modules to work.
ProjectRed Integration is required for Fabrication.
Forge Relocation is required for ProjectRed Mechanical.
Again, all the details are found here.
DISCLAIMER: Forge Relocation IS NOT associated with forge itself. DO NOT report bugs to them!!: Forge Relocation IS NOT associated with forge itself. DISCLAIMER: Forge Relocation IS NOT associated with forge itself. DO NOT report bugs to them!! report bugs to them!!: Forge Relocation IS NOT associated with forge itself. DISCLAIMER: Forge Relocation IS NOT associated with forge itself. DO NOT report bugs to them!!: Forge Relocation IS NOT associated with forge itself. DISCLAIMER: Forge Relocation IS NOT associated with forge itself. DO NOT report bugs to them!! report bugs to them!! report bugs to them!!
Forge Relocation is a library designed to assist mod author in creating blocks to move other blocks. It is used by ProjectRed's Frame Motors to manage the movement of frames. It is open source and has a powerful, easy-to-use API. Because of this, the Mechanical package requires you to install Forge Relocation.
The Forge Relocation FMP Plugin is a simple mod that shows how the API can be used to allow proper movement of a block that otherwise would not move correctly. FMP blocks are a good example of this. Because of the way they work, moving FMP tile entities without this plugin would cause unexpected behavior. This plugin is created to show how a mod author can fix it. It also adds the ability to stick parts inside of frame blocks so they will move along with the frame itself.
You may use any of my mods in map packs as long as they are nonprofit and legal. DO NOT message me about mod packs, I will ignore them.
- Eloraam, of course, for the most professional and intuitive mod ever created.
- ChickenBones, for his brilliant library of tools, and for coding the best parts of PR
- Simon816 and kenzierocks, for their frequent contributions on Github
- All my patrons on Patreon
- Everyone who contributes, by coding or donations.
May 5, 2015Posted in: Mods Discussion
Hello, i am gojiman, a modeler for the it's about time mod, and any mod who wants to accept my models. This is the new thread where i will post all of my models that i have made for various mods. i hope you like them and feel free to comment below on what you think i should make next!
it's about time models
gallimimus (with a saddle on)
collab with PCAwesomeness
fossils and archeology models
Feb 25, 2015Dizzlepop12 posted a message on Worlds Beyond the Void [v0.1.5] [RPG] [30+ DIMENSIONS!] Dimensions, Bosses, Mobs, Weapons, and More! [SMP, SSP]Posted in: Mod Packs
Beyond the void, there lies many new worlds that have yet to be explored. Worlds with powerful weapons, strong armor, strange creatures, and more that has yet to be understood. Only the bravest travelers dare explore what lies far beneath.
DivineRPG, by Eternaldoom and team
Damage Indicators, by rich1051414
Battlegear 2 - Bullseye, by Mine_and_Blade_Admin
Aether 2, by the Aether Team
Nevermine 2 - Advent of Ascension, by Xolova
Backpack, by Edyamos
Bibliocraft, by Nuchaz
Bigtrees, by Karob
Biomes O' Plenty, by Glitchfiend
Carpenter's Blocks, by Mineshopper
Chisel 2, by TheCricket26
NEI (and codechickencore), by chicken_bones
Crafting Pillars, by Dawars
Extra TiC, by Glassmaker
Extra Utilities, by RWTema
Mapwriter (open source, updated by different authors), by mapwriter
Primitive Mobs, by Daveyx0
Tinkers' Construct, by MDiyo, now hosted by boni
Twilight Forest, by Benimatic
Waila, by ProfMobius
DivineRPG has crazy dimensions and bosses, strong armor with special abilities, frightening mobs, and some with the most glorious loot you can Imagine.
Mapwriter is a useful minimap, that can tell locations, has many different groups and waypoints to set, all to make your Minecraft life easier.
Nevermine 2 - Advent of Ascension is the biggest, most extensive RPG mod known to Minecraft, for it adds 14 new dimensions, tons of mobs and bosses, crazy weapons and armor, and much, much more.
(more info and screenies soon )
None yet, feel free to make one, but please post it.
NOTE: You are going to have to chance some Biome IDs in the config. file
Feb. 25, 2015 - v.0.1 - The Info release!
- Initial release (not really release), not much to say.
June 22, 2015 - v.0.1.5 - The Different-mods-and-name-change release!
- Now called "Worlds Beyond the Void"
- Added DRPG into public version (Yay!)
- Removed HEE, since it would prevent DRPG End mobs from spawning
- Added Biomes o' Plenty
- Added Carpenters Blocks
- Added Tinkers' Construct
- Added Extra TiC addon for Tinkers' Construct
- Added Natura
- Updated Aether 2
- Updated Twilight Forest
- Updated Nevermine / Advent of Ascension
Mar 2, 2015Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Greetings, fellow Thaumaturge!
Welcome to WitchingGadgets, an addon for Thaumcraft 4.
This is a mod I have been working on since Thaumcraft was in 1.6.4 and I have finally moved to a stage at which I'm comfortable with releasing it. So now you get to play with it and find all the bugs I probably
Unlike some more specifically themed addons, Witching Gadgets aims to be for one a more general expansion to Thaumcraft as well as a crossover mod between Thaumcraft and various others! This means that with my content I tried to stay as much "in-feel" with Thaumcraft's original design while still adding my own touch (like terrible puns and references in the texts). And because I'm a fan of combining mods for best effect, I added a lot of cross-mod support for
Tinker's Construct, Botania, Railcraft and the likes.
I will not spoil the entirety of my content here, since the Thaumonomicon exists for a reason, but I'll give you guys a teaser =P
Original ContentThe original, Thaumcraft-inspired content of this mod is meant to be played alongside the main mod, so it ranges through all tech tiers.
For example, we have the Thaumic Stone Extruder, which is basically just a magical cobblegen...because really no magic mod adds one. x3
Or the Essentia Pump, which allows you to draw Essentia from a mirror and insert it back into a tube system!
Or maybe something more advanced, like the Arcane Terrestrial Reformer, which allows you to change the biome around you to six basic environments, by use of Essentia and Terra Vis!
Or, my personal favourites of original content: My custom Baubles. I have written an "extension" of Baubles already, Traveller's Gear, and this mod now actually makes use of its slots! It add 4 magically enhanced cloaks, 2 pauldrons and 2 vambraces, and a ring, each of them with effects not so commonly seen in other mods, like knockback resistance, fast ladder-climbing or a fortune+looting improvement!
Lastly I'd like to present a simple, but quite useful addition to the Thaumonomicon:
A search bar! You can now search for researches, and it will even find them based on the recipe outputs the research contains!
Cross-Mod CompatibilityAs stated before, I like to combine mods to get the best effects of both. As such, I added a bunch of cross-mod interaction between this and other mods. This ranges from basic (by by today's standards obligatory) OreDictionary use to more advanced stuff.
My personal favourite however is the Infernal Blast Furnace:
This artistic masterpiece was designed by Mr. Damien Hazard, the artist also responsible for Thaumcraft's Crimson Cultists as well as the Fortress Armor and many others. He designed this thing on a whim and I decided to
implement it for him!
This thing will smelt iron into steel, but it will do so like an Infernal Furnace would, using magical energies like Essentia and Vis. It can also accept bellows to run faster. Further more it will be able to smelt Thaumcraft's Native Clusters into whopping three ingots!
It also has full NEI and Minetweaker support. =3
Talking about native Clusters, this mod adds quite a few! And it builds them dynamically, based on the ore dictionary. This means that it will analyse the ore-texture and create the cluster accordingly:
As you can see, it event differentiates Stone-,Netherrack- and Endstone-based ores.
It supports all TCon ores, Metallurgy 4, Nickel (Ferrous) and Dark Iron from Factorization!
Oh, they can also smelt into 3 ingots in a TCon Smeltery. That amount is configurable =P
Lastly,one of the features I sank quite a bit of time into: Forge Multiparts.
Thaumcraft's Essentia Tubes now work as Multiparts and can be covered and jacketed! They still work the same, except for the fact that depending on the covers used, they will not connect!
Oh, also, if you've played with Botania's new cosmetic additions, like the tiny potato mask or the bowtie: You can add those to any of my baubles, as well as all Traveller's Gear items =3
Minetweaker and NEIThis mod includes native support for NEI and Minetweaker. To be entirely honest, you guys have Inap/Yulife to thank for that. He constantly badgered me about it and I gave in at the end... And I'm kinda glad I did too ^^
For full documentation of the Minetweaker Module, see his documentation of it.
The NEI part is pretty much self-explanatory, both the Spinning Wheel and the Infernal Blast Furnace will list their recipes in NEI when checking recipe or usage of an item.
A Coremod?!Yes, this mod includes a coremod. This means that it modifies some existing code of Minecraft and Thaumcraft. I realize that this may be frowned upon, so let me assure you: Every coremodded feature can be turned off in the config.
The specific changes are as follows:
1) Boots of the Traveller were 'hacked' in order to make them repairable with leather. This is a fix I included because I felt it necessary. I have talked to Azanor and he agreed that the lack of repairability was an oversight, however, he does not intend to fix it anymore.
2) Focus Pouch. The Focus Pouch is an incredibly useful item, weren't it for the fact that you can't open it while wearing it in the belt slot. To fix this, I have induced my own interface, IActiveAbility from Traveller's Gear, into the pouch. This means that while it's in your belt slot, you can access it by using the active ability menu of TG. The default hotkey is 'R'.
3) Minecraft's Enchantment system. I have modified the Enchantment system by injecting two of my methods which allow me to modify the result of Fortune and Looting calculations on items. This is required by my Ring of the covetous coin, because it increases your luck. Disabling this feature makes the ring useless.
4) Minecraft's/Thaumcraft's Potion system. This mod includes a specific piece of armor designed to lessen warp-induced potion effects. As such, it "catches" the effect as it's applied and reduces its level and duration. Disabling this in the config makes that armor piece essentially worthless.
^ or use this direct link, because the widget doesn't update as fast =P
Haighyorkie has done an amazing spotlight of the mod, highlighting all its big features!
This mod requires Thaumcraft to be installed (duh) and also relies heavily of Traveller's Gear. Get it here!
Certain crossover-content obviously requires the other mods.
If you get a stack overflow error, something akin to:
This is an error stemming from vanilla Thaumcraft. Seriously, I could reproduce this without WG and with MineTweaker in 3 minutes.
Setting B:"Enable transmutations" to false in the WitchingGadgets config fixes it in most cases. Should it not, you have another mod adding a looping crucible recipe (one nugget turning into multiple) and for gods sake, please stop reporting
Q.: Can I use this in a modpack?
A.: Yes! Absolutely! Please do! As long as you don't monetize my content, because that's kinda illegal ;D
Q.: Why do you add clusters? AOBD does that already!
A.: Honestly, I started making my own clusters and their dynamic texturing system before I knew AOBD existed. And because I sunk so much time and effort into it, I decided to leave it in.
Q.: Why don't you add compatibility for Witchery's spinning wheel?
A.: Because there is no real API for it and I can't be bothered.
Q.: Can you add [blank].
A.: Maybe. If it fits the style, is reasonably balanced and doable in code, I'd be happy to consider any additions.
Q.: I'm crashing and it's your fault! D:
A.: First off: Crashlog or it didn't happen. I can't help you unless I have a log to work with.
License and all that fun stuff:
The mod is open source and can be found on Github: https://github.com/BluSunrize/WitchingGadgets/
Feel free to look at my code, and even take parts of it, but please follow Wheaton's Law and "Don't be a douche". If you use my code, be so kind and tell people where you got it.
Minecraft belongs to Mojang (or Microsoft, I guess), I claim no rights to it, blah, blah
Thaumcraft is intelectual property of Azanor
Credits and special thanks
SpitefulFox for the Fake-Researches used to integrate this mod with existing TC research
Ash for teaching me how to setup a coremod, how to use ASM and how to not fail at java bytecode
Damien Hazard for the idea and amazing texture of the Infernal Blast Furnace
Lorc and the other contributors at game-icons.net for the icons I used for my infusion enchantments and potion effects
iChun for Tabula, the ingame modeling system used to create my armorset
Lastly, very special thanks to "The Skype Guys" and all the inhabitants of #kihira on IRC. You guys gave me so many crazy ideas, criticism and proofread a ton of Thaumonomicon entries!
- To post a comment, please login.