- Registered Member
Member for 9 years, 5 months, and 23 days
Last active Tue, Feb, 11 2014 00:01:25
- 0 Followers
- 713 Total Posts
- 161 Thanks
Feb 8, 2014SuperSaiyanSquidward posted a message on This, in my humble opinion, is so far the most boring survival update.pls Mojang, Just release the mod API.Posted in: Future Updates
Sep 7, 2013Posted in: Suggestions
So, you're saying 1.7 will be a bad update because a flower got replaced? God, this community is immature.Quote from crazyapplezz
i think thats the point we dont care if the rose bush/poppy is kept we just want our rose back PLEASE MOJANG HAVE MERCY ON OUR VERY SOULS DONT LET US DOWN LIKE 1.8 MERCY!!!!
Nov 17, 2013Posted in: Suggestions
Take a chill pill 0_0 And it's just a flower. Nobody cares.Quote from MinecraftianEmpire
No. You are short-sighted and selfish for saying such a stupid and despicable thing. There is a difference between immaturity and passion.
You and the rest of the anti-rose lobby remind me of America's self-centered politicians who hate personal freedom. Its none of their goddamn business if people want to be gay or smoke weed or own semi-automatic rifles or have an abortion. So you have no right to deny us our rights to roses. Always think before you post your ad-hominem on these forums. My insults, however, are justified because they are true and not meant as insults; they are meant as truthful criticism, just like Theriasis's thread "Read before making a suggestion".
Dec 23, 2013Posted in: Future Updates
Then use the new launcher to downgrade. Problem solvedQuote from n8mo
Anything modern, anything zombie related, anything futuristic, any more AI changes.
Just bring me back to 1.0 please?
Dec 2, 2013Posted in: Suggestions
No he isn't. I've seen Sir Ender's posts, and he's not a butter spewing idiot. Yeah, nice try.Quote from burningleaf777
sorry about the last post my friend aden coy aka sir ender is sitting next to me when I got up to get a drink he posted it!
- To post a comment, please login.
Jul 21, 2013Posted in: WIP Mods
It's me... that guy... you know the guy who always seems to disappear from the forums and then come back out of nowhere.... Yes! That guy! And guess what? I'm back again! Or.. almost that is. So many people have been waiting for this mod... I mean 46 users liked this thread and there are already 62 pages worth of posts while there has not even been a release yet! AAND it is in the WIP section, which is far less visited...
Upcoming summer, I'm planning to revive this mod for either 1.7.10 or 1.8. No 1.6.4! I need 1.7 or higher because of its amazing packet handling system. So with that out of the way, I want to talk about the mod itself. Atmosmobs feels like such a masterpiece now that I look back at it. It brought in some amazing animals and I was able to give regular updates with tons of features. I love it. However, since then I really have grown in my game design skills. I started to use these in my Primitive Mobs mod. I feel like staying close to what Minecraft is and building upon that is such a key element to making a great mod. Although I feel like Atmosmobs did just that, I really want to challenge myself this time.
As update 1, I want to announce that I will be teaming up with the talented team of the Jurassicraft mod. We will be merging that mod with the new Atmosmobs into a completely new mod! Don't worry, the focus of the Atmosmobs part of the mod will remain the same and I will still be fully involved. As mentioned above, I really need help developing the mod and these guys came to me offering help. Their kind offer will give Atmosmobs a chance to live on! Having it as a merge increases the quality and workflow of the mod so it seems like a logical choice. More from me soon!
If you are interested read my design process below, else the only thing you should know is that this mod will be revived this summer... I can't say much else.
A New Design
When looking at the Minecraft community, there has never been 1 type of player. No-one likes every aspect of the game and certainly no-one likes every mod out there. Personally, I like to seperate the kinds of player in a few groups. Mind that this does not mean that you be in just one group, you will most likely be in multiple ones. Here they are (Yes, some are from Bartle):
- Explorers, players that like to explore newly generated areas and make sure they map everything.
- Completionists, players that like to complete all challenges that are set for them, like achievements.
- Socializers, players that prefer to play with other players. They often discuss with players, trade and help others.
- Killers, players that really enjoy defeating enemies and other players.
- Collectors, players that like to get everything they see and make sure it is stored to check it out, organise it or use it.
- Artists, players that love to stay creative in the game by creating structures etc.
- Technicians, players that constantly use redstone for systems and machines.
- Relaxers, players that simply play to relax and look around in their world or worlds of others.
- Griefers, we all know what kind of player this is...
- Contributors, players that play for testing their own and/or other's mods.
You do not have to agree with me, but I think this covers most if not all players within this community. Some might even be overlapping. Anyway, looking at this, I feel the urge to make sure that as many people as possible would be content with my mod. Originally, this mod was mostly targeted towards Explorers and Relaxers. However, I want to make sure that the other players do not get bored as well. Can I accomplish this? Probably not, but I can at least try. Is it still Atmosmobs then? Well, mostly, but I will go over that later.
I'm still working out the design at this moment, but I can say that it will add many different animals and use their potential to the fullest. I will update this thread with the full design soon. Last updated: 05/18/2015
Sneak peak of the WIP structure of the mod. These sections are all intertwined by supporting eachother. It's still WIP but these are some of the activities I want to offer the player.
Now in these spoilers are some connections between the sections as well as most features that each section will offer.
- The player crafts box traps and baits them to get catches overtime- Bait is received from other hunting activities, fishing, bug catching and looting.- Specific creatures need specific types of bait. Experiment or ask NPCs.- Some creatures require a box trap to appear and some will only give certain resources when caught through box trapping.- The player can use a bow to hunt down larger animals.- In a simular fashion, the player can decide to melee them.- Both melee and ranged hunting allow for different drops.- The bow can also be used to snipe down birds, who will also drop loot.- Meat gained from hunting can be used for cooking or baiting. After cooking it can be used in combat (saturation).- Rare trophy drops can be used for home decoration.- Skin can be used for decoration, crafting armor and other objects.- Box trapped animals can often be tamed afterwards.- Feathers can be used in armor and potion making.- Some animals have chances to hold rare pieces of equipment, only obtained by hunting them down.- Animal species can be registered in the encyclopedia.- Hunting loot can be traded and sold to other players or Hunter villager NPCs.
- Players can create different rods and lures to satisfy their fishing needs.
- Bait is used to catch fish when rod fishing.
- Nets can either be cast to catch fish directly, or left behind to catch more fish overtime. Cages work the same way but are mostly used for crabs, lobsters etc.
- Different fish will have higher chances of biting and landing with the correct lures and bait. Most fish will have at least a slight chance with any lure but some rare ones will require a very specific lure and bait combo.
- Bait is collected by bug catching mostly.
- Lures are bought from NPCs or looted from dungeons.
- Rods are crafted or bought. Stronger rods are more durable and have higher catch rates. Some will be looted from dungeons as well. There will be a specific rod for catching fish in lava.
- Net and cage fishing can be supplimented with bait as well, but is not necessary. It just makes it faster.
- Fish and crustaceans can be registered in the encyclopedia. They can also be displayed in your own acquarium.
- Fish can be cooked for nutrition.
- The player can rush in and kill fish with their sword or bow, but they will only receive the fish meat item.
- Larger fish need to be caught using harpoons. Swords and bows will hardly damage them.
- Larger fish can be stored in acquaria as well, but will require larger ones.
- Some fish will be able to breed, some won't.
- After a "perfect" catch the player will be notified that the fish they caught is excellent. The player can then convert this fish into a trophy to hang on the wall or display otherwise.
- Crustaceans often hold treasure and their scales can be used for armor.
- Whales will have some cool features.
First of all, I am wondering if some people are willing to help me. I need some modellers, texturers and coders if they are willing to spend some time on this, this summer. Make sure you show proof that you can actually help. I, myself, will not be starting on this mod until this school year has officially ended and I have finished all my work for that. Then, we will make this mod for 1.7.10 or 1.8 and make it as big as we can while keeping it stable. After that, I might actually leave Minecraft forever, but I really need to go out with a BANG. This will be it.
Thanks for reading and let me know if you are interested. I can't guarentee a quick answer, but I will read it.
I wonder how many people read this change I will not post an update post so I really wonder.... cheers!
Previews and Spoilers:
Featured Videos: New Chameleon Preview
New Butterflies Preview
Featured Image: Chameleon Sphax Textures
Polar Bear Model
Design Idea List
- Many species with unique spawn conditions
- Catch them, research and make them your buddy
- Encyclopedia to be able to keep track of your findings
- Showcase + placeable jar to decorate your house
- Share info with your friends
- Change colors according to texture of the block it stands on (texture pack + mod compatible)
- Make it walk up walls
- Make it attack bugs with its tongue
Progress (updated 03-12-14)
(I removed future feature list as some things were changed and it is too much work to keep it updated. It has been saved by me though, for future reference)
Please leave feedback and don't ask for builds
Nov 23, 2013Funny, this is the only place on the forums I can find with a bunch of rose lovers.Posted in: Suggestions
Frankly, all I want Mojang to do for 1.8 is to change the poppy back to the rose. Nothing else. No bugfixes. No new content. No upgrades. No changes to errors in the terrain. Nope. All I want them to do is change the poppy back to the rose.
Then, I hope all of you whiners will realize how stupid supporting a flower in a video game is, when they are real issues that need to be addressed.
Absolutely no support.
Nov 18, 2013DavTheMiner posted a message on Cement Project- Mud Bricks, Cement and Pictures! (Update 1)Hey everyone, I've been thinking a lot of new blocks that could be added. Below are images and an explanation for the blocks. Feedback is appreciated!Posted in: Suggestions
Finally, a great use for dirt!
Not only do these blocks look cool, but mud bricks supply water for any dirt block that is placed directly beside it. Basically the equivelant of one square of water. (Makes mud brick slabs and stairs)
One of the hardest blocks to break in survival (except obsidian/bedrock). Cement is NOT blast proof, and breaks the same speed with a stone pickaxe as redstone ore. It's also great for building more modern structures and could even replace gravel for roads in villages. (Makes cement stairs, slabs and walls)
S=sand G=gravel C=clay W=water
Heres a little image I made of how cement and Mud bricks could look. Notice the bricks supply water for the carrots.
1: -Made mud bricks less OP.
-Added more explanation for concrete,
Oct 27, 2013immibis posted a message on [1.7.2] Podzol To Diamonds - Almost First 1.7 Mod (Also works with dirt)Install thisinto your jar to get access to THIS AMAZING RECIPE!Posted in: Minecraft Mods
BUT THAT'S NOT ALL! Order within the next ten minutes and we'll throw in a REVERSE RECIPE ABSOLUTELY FREE!
AND, if you're having trouble getting access to podzol, REGULAR DIRT WORKS TOO!
Sep 24, 2013I had an idea for a new mob in Minecraft. This would be called a Fluff (I realize the name is stupid) and would serve as a small, passive mob that the player could benefit from catching. It would be a tiny (maybe 1 by 1/2 by 1/3 block, I hope that's right) little ball of fur, looking like a sheep without any head. Just fur with legs and eyes. When approached, they will run away at a rapid pace, which accelerates if they are pursued. They also jump high and don't receive fall damage, resulting in ridiculously high mobility. Don't just stop here and call it OP, because the creatures can be nabbed in another way: a trap sack. This bag would be crafted by filling all the spaces except the center and center top in the crafting table with leather, then putting a chest in the very center. The bag is used by placing it on the ground, then right-clicking. Doing so will open a GUI showing the bag and an empty slot in the center. This is the bait slot. Multiple things can be put in the slot to catch a certain amount of fluffs in one MC day.Posted in: Suggestions
sugar cane=1 fluff in the bag
a carrot= 2 fluffs
a potato=3 fluffs
any meat=5 fluffs
a cake=10 fluffs
Once you've caught some fluffs in the bag, the bait will be gone, and you can do a few things with them. One thing you could do is sell the fluffs to a new kind of villager: a fluff merchant. This man collects fluffs in a pen at his house, and will be happy to buy yours off of you for emeralds. The only other thing to do with your fluffs is right-click with the sack in your hand, effectively emptying it. When released out of a bag, fluffs will become tame, and circle their owner constantly, doing absolutely nothing. When the player with the fluffs dies, the fluffs lose their domestic nature and scatter off. They take no damage when circling, but can be scattered if the player shakes them off by moving quickly and erratically. Normally, it's hard to ever hit a fluff, but they have only 1 heart of health. If you are cruel enough to pick off a fluff, it will drop plenty of experience and a bit of wool. Fluffs cannot be sheared.
After the amazing thoughts generated in a discussion betweenRaffilcagon and I, fluffs will respond to the sound of a music disc. Different music discs will produce different effects on the fluffs circling you. Some will make the fluffs give you boosts, or attack anything around you to the beat, will others (11 maybe) will cause your fluffs to cower in fear, pass out until the music stops, or even smash the jukebox to bits. It all depends on the track being played.
Possible things: this list will fluctuate a lot based on what people have to say.
-Fluffs could mature into sheep after thirty MC days. The sheep will circle you, but obviously die easily.
-There could be red or black fluffs in the Nether that do the opposite of overworld fluffs. They would attack the player or spit fire at them, and break a trap sack when they encounter one. When killed, these fluffs would drop a fire charge.
-There could be a 'fluff food', only purchased from a fluff merchant for ten emeralds, that would make a fluff huge when it is fed to them. The fluff would also increase its health to ten hearts, but become vulnerable to attacks. This would allow a twisted, heartless person to use food to make a circling fluff shield and watch as they all eventually die.
That is my idea. Please be honest but constructive and leave lots of comments about how I could improve it.
If somebody who knows how to make it, concept art would be AMAZING.
- To post a comment, please login.