If you hold SHIFT you won't fall off of blocks, then you can keep placing onto the sides of them to move across open spaces.
- Registered Member
Member for 10 years, 10 months, and 12 days
Last active Fri, Mar, 17 2017 13:28:14
- 10 Followers
- 3,006 Total Posts
- 279 Thanks
May 18, 2016SteveCraftwood posted a message on Is it possible to switch from Survival to Creative in the same game?Posted in: Survival Mode
Apr 10, 2016SteveCraftwood posted a message on Help! Can't log in to Minecraft after donating to Optifine!Posted in: Discussion
Did you donate at http://optifine.net/home ? If you just clicked a link in chat, or it asked for your username and your password while you did it, you've been scammed. Get into your email and try to change your password, if that doesn't work contact Mojang Support.
Apr 10, 2016Posted in: Recent Updates and Snapshots
Yeah, the Trendy Update was just an April Fools prank. If the Reality Vision was remade as something like Enchanted Goggles/Glasses or maybe something to do with the End, it could work.
Apr 5, 2016Posted in: Discussion
A semi-cooperative survival world, maybe with a custom map, definitely with some storyline, lore and custom plugins, and little to no teleporting, allowing for trade routes and ambushing caravans, cool stuff like that.
Mar 23, 2016SteveCraftwood posted a message on What do you think Mojang will do for this year's April Fools joke?Posted in: Discussion
I want something that effects the main version of the game rather then a new, joke version. The Villager Takeover will always be my favorite for that reason (alongside the Steve Co. Supply Crate).
Mar 20, 2016SteveCraftwood posted a message on Which is more important to you, building nice looking houses, or building bases meant only for survival.Posted in: Survival Mode
Aesthetics by far. Aesthetic houses can almost always be made just as functional as efficient survival bases, and they look so much better.
- To post a comment, please login.
Aug 9, 2014thebaum64 posted a message on Default HD | The Classic Is Back (1.20.2 with backwards compatibility) 800K DOWNLOADSPosted in: Resource Packs
The normal Minecraft experience but in amazing 128x HD! Between a better sky and amazing shadowing, this pack is different from the rest! Gives a shaders feel without the awful FPS drop! I originally created this pack as there was no real/definitive default experience in HD with better shading. This does not just add more pixels like, for example, faithful. This keeps the original style and pixels, just shaded and in HD.
Back when I made this back in 2015, it was an instant hit, and I kept it up to date until 1.8 where I then took a hiatus from the community, however, I am back and better than ever and want to give you (the people) what you want and request. So After countless people asking me to update this pack, I am finally doing it. Current build (alpha) is for 1.16x but is not complete. This will be a long project as there is a lot of changes since I was gone. In this time I have created a few sky packs, most notably my largest project to date Ultimate Skys. You can read up on that and download the trial of it HERE. To support me and the time I will be putting into this project, I have a Patreon set up where you can support me.
Please consider becoming a Patreon to help me along the way with the pack. Means the world to me and allows me to dedicate more time to the progress of the texture pack. I also have a Discord Community dedicated to the project. Feel free to join!
(Please NOTE: This pack looks much better with Optifine, but does not require it. Though it is recommended)
Apr 23, 2012Posted in: Resource Packs
This project is currently set on hold. Thanks to everyone for the support and understanding!
R3D CRAFT, pronounced Red Craft, is a high-res texture pack that can be applied to the game Minecraft. Based on the default texture that comes along with this game, R3D CRAFT enhances the missing realism; with use of high quality textures, smoother colortransitions, realistic shapes, shadows, lighting, missing details + so much more.
This texture is made for those who seek more quality in-game, but also want to keep the default design and feeling. Therefore, this texture tries to stay close to the default appearance by matching the correct colors and indication of shape.
Default Miencraft → R3D CRAFT → R3D CRAFT Shader Support + Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders
R3D CRAFT + R3D CRAFT Shader Support + Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders
R3D CRAFT + R3D CRAFT Shader Support + Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders
You can also download from Curse:
R3D CRAFT on Curse:
- R3D CRAFT 32x32 on Curse!
- R3D CRAFT 64x64 on Curse!
- R3D CRAFT 128x128 on Curse!
- R3D CRAFT 256x256 on Curse!
- R3D CRAFT 512x512 on Curse!
R3D CRAFT Shader Support on Curse:
- R3D CRAFT Shader Support 32x32 on Curse!
- R3D CRAFT Shader Support 64x64 on Curse!
- R3D CRAFT Shader Support 128x128 on Curse!
- R3D CRAFT Shader Support 256x256 on Curse!
- R3D CRAFT Shader Support 512x512 on Curse!
R3D CRAFT: Default Realism on Curse:
Addons created by the community:
- R3D CRAFT: DEFAULT REALISM ADDON by VansiusProductions
- R3D CRAFT Shader Support (Parallax, Bump Mapping and more) by TheAddictioN974
Want to create addons?
There's nothing stopping you from expanding upon R3D Craft. Feel free to do so. You are not breaking any rules or upsetting anyone.
Since the Minecraft client allows you to add more than one texture pack to the resource pack panel, you can simply create an addon. Make people download both your addon and this resource pack. After your users have downloaded your resource pack addon, direct them here so they can download this base resource pack which your resource pack adds upon.
R3D CRAFT - Version 0.3.1 (04/04/17):
- Fixed some issues with Daylight Detector
- Added item: Flower Dandelion
- Added item: Flower Houstonia
- Added item: Flower Poppy
- Added item: Oxeye Daisy
- Changed item: Dirt
- Changed item: Grass
Go to r3dcraft.net for more.
Go to r3dcraft.net for more FAQ.
To all of you who have followed this project for a while; Gamers, Content-creators, YouTubers, Modders and so on. I would like to thank you guys especially. Your patience is both questionable and admirable. Maybe you guys don't know, but you are essentially the pillar that holds this project up. Without you, R3D CRAFT would not have been where it is today. Thank you. Thank you for your support.
Here is ways you can support this project:
- Download R3D CRAFT and play Minecraft
- Write comments, feedback and/or suggestions to me on this forum.
- Share your experiences with R3D CRAFT on social media
- Share R3D CRAFT to your friends and followers
- Follow me on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter
- Be creative! Make whatever you want with the use of R3D CRAFT. Videos, artwork, games and so on (read guidelines below)
R3D CRAFT banners:
© 2012-2022 Thomas Angeland
Dec 15, 2012Azaka7 posted a message on AlgaeCraft - Ocean mod for Minecraft - Sponges, Seafood, Coral, and More! Uses 1.8 Sponge Functionality!Posted in: Minecraft Mods
<a href="1287166-algaecraft"><img src="http://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/p790/Azaka7/AlgaeCraftBanner_zpsf5447ec1.png" alt=""></a>
AlgaeCraft is an ocean-themed mod consisting of coral, seaweed, sponge, algae, various foods, fish, lobsters, multiple aesthetic blocks, a Great Lake biome, and the ability to magically adapt to Thaumcraft and Thermal Expansion.
Initial concept/suggestion by: Harmsway
Texture artist for limestone and dive items: NethanielShade
Lobster model and texture by: JoshuaDahlberg
Fish Model by: Harmsway
Shipwreck structures by: LordEric
Table of Contents:
All versions labeled with '.x' are unofficial/incomplete.
Use of Mediafire link allows me to track a download count and is recommended, but feel free to use the Dropbox download link.
[1.5.10 for MC 1.7.10 Forge] NOTICE FOR SERVERS: Upon updating to AC1.5.8 or a later version, all players MUST use at least AC1.5.8. If a server uses a version prior to AC1.5.8, players MUST use a version no later than AC1.5.7.
MediaFire (adf.ly): http://adf.ly/1dhcAF
MediaFire (direct): https://www.dropbox.com/s/v3ya4do1aqlhgmb/algaecraft-[1.7.10]1.5.10.jar?dl=0
Link to AlgaeCraft GitHub for MC1.7.10:
Link to AlgaeCraft GitHub for latest MC1.6.4 version:
[1.5.9 for MC 1.7.10 Forge] NOTICE FOR SERVERS: Upon updating to AC1.5.8 or a later version, all players MUST use at least AC1.5.8. If a server uses a version prior to this one, players MUST use a version no later than AC1.5.7.
MediaFire (adf.ly): http://adf.ly/1c90Fv
MediaFire (direct): http://www.mediafire.com/download/33h1qqkkd1dpk6m/algaecraft-[1.7.10]1.5.9.jar
[1.5.8 for MC 1.7.10 Forge] NOTICE FOR SERVERS: Upon updating to this or a later version, all players MUST use at least this version. If a server uses a version prior to this one, players MUST use a version no later than AC1.5.7.
MediaFire (adf.ly): http://adf.ly/1aglGg
MediaFire (direct): http://www.mediafire.com/download/3kg8z4d8dx1tfcm/algaecraft-[1.7.10]1.5.8.jar
[1.5.7 for MC 1.7.10 Forge]
MediaFire (adf.ly): http://adf.ly/1YdIRp
MediaFire (direct): http://www.mediafire.com/download/pkf6scpbe844a6o/algaecraft-[1.7.10]1.5.7.jar
[1.5.6 for MC 1.7.10 Forge]
MediaFire (adf.ly): http://adf.ly/1YA8tz
MediaFire (direct): http://www.mediafire.com/download/3uewm9s332ajycx/algaecraft-[1.7.10]1.5.6.jar
[1.5.5 for MC 1.7.10 Forge]
MediaFire (adf.ly): http://adf.ly/1UcV2m
MediaFire (direct): http://www.mediafire.com/download/vot89tmdtteqge1/algaecraft-[1.7.10]1.5.5.jar
[1.5.4 for MC 1.7.10 Forge]
MediaFire (adf.ly): http://adf.ly/1SOZkE
MediaFire (direct): http://www.mediafire.com/download/6va86ws5i8o8ps1/algaecraft-[1.7.10]1.5.4.zip
[1.5.3 for MC 1.7.10 Forge]
MediaFire (adf.ly): http://adf.ly/1N2ox8
[1.5.2 for MC 1.7.10 Forge]
MediaFire (adf.ly): http://adf.ly/1MVFdS
MediaFire (direct): http://www.mediafire.com/download/9wam4awq342rycj/algaecraft-[1.7.10]1.5.2.zip
[1.5.1 for MC 1.7.10 Forge] Warning: this version contains a known crash-causing bug. Download a newer version.
MediaFire (adf.ly): http://adf.ly/1MJNGs
MediaFire (direct): http://www.mediafire.com/download/mco0h0ss8vp257d/algaecraft-[1.7.10]1.5.1.zip
[1.5.0 for MC 1.7.10 Forge] Warning: this version contains a known crash-causing bug. Download a newer version.
MediaFire (adf.ly): http://adf.ly/1ME0gr
MediaFire (direct): http://www.mediafire.com/download/t88axxia4u3fx6a/algaecraft-[1.7.10]1.5.0.zip
[1.4.3(7) for MC 1.6.4 Forge] Re-install Fog Clarity API zip file (not baseclass) when updating to this version from a pre-1.4.3 AlgaeCraft version!
[1.4.3(6) for MC 1.6.4 Forge]
[1.4.3(5) for MC 1.6.4 Forge]
[1.4.3(4) for MC 1.6.4 Forge] Re-install Fog Clarity API zip file (not baseclass) when updating to this version from a pre-1.4.3 AlgaeCraft version!
[1.4.3(3) for MC 1.6.4 Forge] Re-install Fog Clarity API zip file (not baseclass) when updating to this version from a pre-1.4.3 version!
[1.4.3(2) for MC 1.6.4 Forge] Re-install Fog Clarity API zip file (not baseclass) when updating to this version from a pre-1.4.3 version!
[1.4.3 for MC 1.6.4 Forge] Re-install Fog Clarity API zip file (not baseclass) when updating to this version!
[1.4.2(4) for MC 1.6.4 Forge] http://www.mediafire...gaecraft1.4.2(4)_forMC1.6.4_Forge.zip
[1.4.2(3) for MC 1.6.4 Forge] http://www.mediafire...gaecraft1.4.2(3)_forMC1.6.4_Forge.zip
[1.4.2(2) for MC 1.6.4] http://www.mediafire...gaecraft1.4.2(2)_forMC1.6.4_Forge.zip
[1.4.2 for MC 1.6.4] http://www.mediafire...1.6.4_Forge.zip
[1.4.1 for MC 1.6.2 Forge] http://www.mediafire...1.6.2_Forge.zip
[1.4.x.1 unofficial for MC 1.6.2 Forge] http://www.mediafire..._UnOfficial.zip
[1.4.x.0 Unofficial for MC 1.6.2 Forge] http://www.mediafire..._UnOfficial.zip
[1.3.2 for MC 1.6.2 Forge] http://www.mediafire..._forMC1.6.2.zip
[1.3.1 for MC 1.6.2 Forge] http://www.mediafire..._forMC1.6.2.zip
[1.3.0(3) for MC 1.5.2 Forge] http://www.mediafire..._forMC1.5.2.zip
[1.3.0(2) for MC 1.5.2 Forge] http://www.mediafire..._forMC1.5.2.zip
[1.3.0 for MC 1.5.2 Forge] http://www.mediafire...1.5.2_Forge.zip
[1.2.3 for MC 1.5.2 Forge] http://www.mediafire...1.5.2_Forge.zip
[1.2.2(2) for MC 1.5.2 Forge] http://www.mediafire...1.5.2_Forge.zip
[1.2.2 for MC 1.5.2 Forge] http://www.mediafire...1.5.2_Forge.zip
[1.2.1(5) for MC 1.5.2 Forge] http://www.mediafire...1.5.2_Forge.zip
[1.2.1(4) for MC 1.5.2 Forge] http://www.mediafire...1.5.2_Forge.zip
[1.2.1(3) for MC 1.5.2 Forge] http://www.mediafire...1.5.2_Forge.zip
[1.2.1(2) for MC 1.5.2 Forge] http://www.mediafire...1.5.2_Forge.zip
[1.2.1 for MC 1.5.2 Forge] http://www.mediafire...1.5.2_Forge.zip
[1.2.0 for MC 1.5.2 Forge] http://www.mediafire...1.5.2_Forge.zip
[1.1.4(3)] for MC 1.4.7 Forge] http://www.mediafire...0ah9kaarq72530g
[1.1.4(2) for MC 1.4.7 Forge] http://www.mediafire...yo5w67bg0u3qpst
[1.1.4 for MC 1.4.7 Forge] http://www.mediafire...0bmgyq9y65ha99p
[1.1.3 for MC 1.4.7 Forge] http://www.mediafire.com/?9wv64h2pc5544x1
[1.1.3 for MC 1.4.7 ModLoader] http://www.mediafire.com/?o07076oipxhfbb6
[1.1.2 for MC 1.4.6/1.4.7] http://www.mediafire.com/?iugcduj9dl576yd
[1.1.1 for MC 1.4.6] http://www.mediafire.com/?a3vw33xnf666v73
[1.1.0 for MC 1.4.6] http://www.mediafire.com/?etw4mbe94y27mzk
[1.0.1 for MC 1.4.5] http://www.mediafire.com/?1i7ipx1rkyl5vin
Where is 1.0.0? Version 1.0.0 had a minor bug in it and was not formally released.
Forge ModLoader (1.5 for MC 1.7.10 and up)
- Download and install the latest version of Forge ModLoader for the appropriate Minecraft version.
- Download the preferred version of AlgaeCraft
- Move the AlgaeCraft download into the mods folder in the .minecraft folder
Install Instructions for previous versions:
Forge ModLoader (1.4 versions) Please note: If updating, update the Config file before using new features to avoid ID conflicts between versions.
- Download and install Forge ModLoader.
- Download AlgaeCraft for the correct version of Minecraft and Forge. (File name should end with _Forge.)
- Put the downloaded .zip in the Mods folder created by Forge.
- Cut the Fog Clarity API zip from in the download and paste in the same mods folder as the AlgaeCraft zip.
- For Clients (optional): You only have to do this part once unless specified by download. API not compatible with Optifine. Install Optifine OVER this API to prevent issues. This will, however, neutralize all affects of this API (such as the SCUBA goggles improving water vision).
- Open Fog Clarity API zip and copy/cut the lone class file with a 2 or 3 letter name. (may change between versions of Minecraft)
- Paste the class in the .jar file of the appropriate Minecraft version that Forge is installed in, replacing the existing file. Delete META-INF!
- Run Minecraft launcher and select appropriate Forge profile.
- Go to Edit Profile and check "JVM Arguments" near the bottom of the screen.
- Add " -Dfml.ignoreInvalidMinecraftCertificates=true -Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies=true" (without quotes) after the pre-set argument.
Forge ModLoader (above 1.2.0 and below 1.4 versions)
Please note: If updating, update the Config file before using new features to avoid ID conflicts between versions.
- Download and install Forge ModLoader.
- Download AlgaeCraft for the correct version of Minecraft and Forge. (File name should end with _Forge.)
- Put the downloaded .zip in the Mods folder created by Forge.
ModLoader (pre-1.2.0 versions)
- Download and install Risugami's ModLoader.
- Download AlgaeCraft for the appropriate version of Minecraft.
- Put the downloaded .zip in the Mods folder created by Modloader.
- Generates in swamp biomes as single blocks
- Grows by generating more algae blocks next it
- Growth is quicker than all other plants in vanilla and AlgaeCraft
- Slows all entities upon contact
- Harvestable by punching or hitting with any item
- Only grows in swamp biomes or when in range of a Sporous Filter
- Cannot be grown with bonemeal
- Algae is clear when graphics are set to "fancy", and opaque when set to "fast"
- Generates in reefs in Ocean biomes
- Only grows in Ocean biomes or when in range of an Ocean Filter
- Can be planted on any blocks with materials clay, grass, ground, rock, and sand, including the following: clay, grass, dirt, stone, and sand. The full list includes any blocks with appropriate materials.
- Grows with 2 stages, small and large
- 4 Variants: Orange, Purple, Blue, and Brain (pink)
- Growth is quicker when the light level is higher
- Rightclick a large coral to harvest a small coral and leave a small coral in its place
- Break to harvest whole coral
- Grow to the next stage with bonemeal.
- Generates in large fields in Deep Ocean biomes
- Only grows in Ocean biomes or when in range of an Ocean Filter
- Can be planted on any blocks with materials clay, grass, ground, rock, and sand, including the following: clay, grass, dirt, stone, and sand. The full list includes any blocks with appropriate materials.
- Grows by placing seaweed above itself until there is one block of water above the top seaweed block
- Break to harvest. All seaweed above the seaweed broken will also drop.
- Cannot be grown with bonemeal.
- Generates in reefs in Ocean biomes
- Can be grown in any biome.
- Can be planted on any blocks with materials clay, grass, ground, rock, sand, and sponge, including the following: clay, grass, dirt, stone, and sand. The full list includes any blocks with appropriate materials.
- Grows in 4 stages; small, medium, large, and full block
- 2 types; yellow and red
- Break to harvest. The initial 3 stages drop items. The 4th stage drops a Wet Sponge block
- Grow to the next stage with bonemeal.
- Generates in reefs in Ocean biomes
- Can only be grown in Ocean biomes or with an Ocean Filter
- Can be planted on any blocks with materials clay, ground, rock, and sand, including the following: clay, dirt, stone, and sand. The full list includes any blocks with appropriate materials.
- Grows in 3 stages; seedling, empty, and full
- Right-click a 3rd stage to drop an aeros bulb and leave a 2nd stage
- Break to receive seeds.
- Small chance to drop seeds on harvest. Small chance to drop Mystic Aeros Bulb instead of normal one.
- Grow to the next stage with bonemeal.
- Generates in desert biomes
- Can be planted on sand, red sand, hardened clay, and stained clay.
- Grows in 5 stages; small, medium 1, medium 2, full, and healthy or dead
- Most likely will grow into healthy, but small chance to turn into a dead bush
- Right-click a full or healthy stage to drop 1-2 branches
- Break to receive a small stage
- Small chance to drop a small stage on harvest.
- Can be grown in any biome on sand or hardened/stained clay
- Grow to the next stage with bonemeal.
- Cannot grow to healthy or dead with bonemeal due to harvesting at full stage
- Generates as base block of reefs in Ocean biomes
- Rough Limestone can be crafted with 9 small coral or 4 large coral
- Rough Limestone can also be crafted with a flask of calcium hydroxide and a flask of carbonated water.
- Must be mined with any pickaxe
Treated Wood and Sealed Glass
- Treated wood is crafted from planks, clay, and a dye.
- Treated wood can be crafted into slabs.
- Sealed glass is crafted from treated wood, glass, and rubber.
- Both can be broken easily and picked up without silk touch.
Ocean Floor Sediment
- Naturally generates in Deep Ocean biomes overriding a lot of gravel.
- Can be harvested by hand, but the best tool is a shovel
- Can be collected with a Silk Touch shovel
- When broken without Silk Touch, there is a guaranteed drop of either dirt, gravel, sand, or 4 clay balls.
- There is a chance for items from a drop table to drop. The chances are significantly improved with the Fortune enchantment on a shovel.
- Among the drops are gold, diamonds, tools, wood, and valuable dust, along with a wide variety of other things.
Greek Fire Brazier
The Greek Fire Brazier acts as a 2-block-tall lightsource. The top block provides the light. When placed with the bottom half in water, the light level will remain the same, and the bottom block will act like a water block. When placed with the top block in water, the brightness greatly increases, and both blocks act like water blocks.
- Grows from sponge spores
- Dry sponge absorbs a volume of water blocks on contact and becomes wet sponge
- Wet sponge can be smelted into dry sponge
- There are 2 variants: red and yellow
- Dry sponge can be crafted down into sponge items
- Crafting recipe determines type
- There are 4 types: Ender, Fresh, Swamp, and Ocean
- Filters can be used to grow plants outside their native biome
- Incompatible filters can be used to prevent a plant’s growth in the native biome
- There is a limit to both the radius that can be filtered and the number of blocks that can be filtered.
- The filter only works through water blocks and water plants, not solid blocks
- Lobster mobs are naturally attracted to Lobster Cages
- Lobster mobs will automatically get into an empty lobster cage if close enough
- Collect the lobster from the cage by right-clicking with an empty hand
- Right-click on an empty compressor with an air tank to put the air tank in.
- Shift-right-click with an empty hand on an air compressor containing an air tank to receive the air tank.
- Continuously power and unpower the compressor to fill an air tank. Every 3 changes results in one breath of air (on-off-on / off-on-off).
- The compressor may be powered directly or indirectly (through a block)
- When close enough to the compressor, there will be a visual similar to a nameplate above it showing the amount of air in the air tank.
- There is a glitch where the visual will not change when powering with a comparator, but the air tank still fills.
- If RF compatibilities are enabled, the air compressor uses 10 RF/t instead of alternating redstone power.
Algae Chips are an inefficient food, but can be easily obtained because of algae’s quick growth. Algae chips can also be used as green dye in recipes using the Ore Dictionary
Crispy seaweed is an inefficient food, but can be easily obtained with a large supply of seaweed. It has no current other uses.
Raw Calamari drops from killing squids.
Calamari has multiple forms it can be consumed in. Raw calamari can be related to raw beef. Calamari Steak can be related to (beef) Steak. Fried calamari rings are better than mushroom stew.
Sushi can be crafted with any raw fish or any cooked fish. Sushi (Cooked Fish) fills more hunger than Sushi (Raw Fish). If you have a preference for unusual foods, you may want to try the Pumpkin Spice Sushi.
Lobster Mobs spawn naturally in the world. When killed, they drop lobster meat, whick can be cooked. The Lobster Item obtained from trapping a lobster in a lobster cage can be cooked into a Boiled Lobster or cut up with a sushi knife in crafting to give lobster meat. The boiled lobster can be cut up with a sushi knife in crafting to obtain cooked lobster meat.
Aeros Bulb and Mystic Aeros Bulb
Both Aeros and Mystic Aeros bulbs are obtained from Aeros Plantae. Players can only consume Aeros Bulbs when their air meter is less than full while under water. A normal Aeros Bulb will restore up to 2 “bubbles” on the meter. A Mystic Aeros bulb will not restore air, but instead will give the player the Water Breathing effect for a few seconds, saving more air than a normal Bulb would provide. Aeros bulbs can be brewed into Water Breathing potions.
Tools and Weapons
- There are 2 types: Iron and Gold
- Iron acts as a stone sword, gold as a gold sword
- Using a gold knife to get meat from a lobster in crafting gets 4 meat instead of 3
- In the image of crafting the knife, you may use a gold ingot in place of iron, and string in place of seaweed.
- There is a trident for every vanilla material, plus bone, emerald, and netherbrick
- Acts as a sword of the corresponding material.
- Hold right-click to charge a ranged stab, which is basically a normal attack with boosted reach. Holding for longer and being closer to the target both increase the damage, and attacking quickly or being further away decreases the damage done.
- Can be used to efficiently break cobwebs, hay blocks, and chests.
- There are 3 types of Air Tank: Small, Large and Creative
- The Small tank holds 200 Breaths and the Large holds 800 breaths
- The Creative Air Tank holds 1 breath, but it never depletes
- The electrolyzer is used in crafting and has no world-interaction uses.
Salt Water -> Sodium Hydroxide
Greek Fire & Greek Fire Grenades
Greek Fire is a strange substance that burns on and in water. In this mod, Greek fire is a fairly cheap and powerful tool and weapon. It can be placed on water and spreads. When placed underwater, it rises to the surface. A dispenser can be used to place greek fire from a flask or throw a grenade. Greek fire blocks tend to fall if they can't be supported by adjacent blocks. Grenades can be thrown (pullback duration does not impact distance) and explode in a 5x5 area. Greek fire flasks can be used to place a Greek fire block, and are made from tar, quicklime, and gunpowder.
- The Dive mask helps the wearer see beter under water
- The dive mask can be “upgraded” with certain items in the anvil to give it the respiration enchantment.
- Mask + redstone dust + 4 levels = Mask w/ Respiration I
- Mask w/ Resp. I + glowstone dust + 8 levels = Mask w/ Resp. II
- Mask w/ Resp II + ghast tear + 12 levels = Mask w/ Resp III
- This upgrading can be done with a mask that has already been enchanted
Buoyancy Control Device (BCD)
- The BCD allows the player to breathe under water and swim more efficiently
- The BCD only works when it has an air tank
- Right-click with an air tank in hand to put it in the BCD. If the BCD already has one, they will be traded out.
- Shift-right-click with a BCD containing an air tank to remove the air-tank
- The BCD has 3 states: Negative, Neutral, and Positive buoyancy.
- Negative state is default, and the player swims normally.
- Neutral state allows the player to ‘fly’ underwater.
- Positive state causes the player to float upwards while in water.
- Changing state from Negative-Neutral or Neutral-Positive costs 1 breath, while changing from Negative-Positive costs 2.
- There are 2 keybindings to change the state, up (neg-neu-pos-neg…) and down (neg-pos-neu-neg…), which are configurable in settings.
- The BCD’s tool tip provides information on remaining air and current state.
- The wet suit allows the player to swim slightly faster, but is primarily aesthetic, since normal pants look weird with the rest of the dive gear.
- The wet suit can be dyed any of the vanilla 16 colors
- Flippers significantly increase the player’s swim speed, but decrease the movement speed out of water
Raw Rubber, Rubber Ball, and Neoprene Textile
- Raw rubber is obtained from crafting 2 Guayule Branches with a Flask of Sodium Hydroxide, or 1 Guayule Branch with a Flask of Limewater
- Rubber Balls are obtained from cooking raw rubber in a furnace.
- Neoprene textiles are obtained from crafting a rubber ball with any color wool block
- Flasks are used in crafting various items.
- Right-click an empty flask on a water block to get a Flask of Water. Doing so in an ocean biome will give a Flask of Salt Water.
- Electrolyze salt water to obtain sodium hydroxide.
- Dissolve quicklime to obtain a Flask of Limewater
- Drop a Flask of Water on top of a lit furnace for an item cooking duration to obtain a flask of carbonated water.
- Craft Limewater with Carbonated water to obtain Limestone (the Lime Cycle)
- An empty flask can be filled with salt water using a wet sponge.
- Quicklime is obtained by smelting limestone in a furnace.
- Craft quicklime with a Flask of Water to get a Flask of Limewater
- Craft 4 quicklime wth a blaze powder to get 4 glowstone dust.
- Tossing quicklime into water will result in an explosion. A larger stack results in a larger explosion. A stack of 64 quicklime can easily kill a player with no armor, and a single quicklime item does no damage.
- Valuable dust is obtained as a somewhat rare drop from Ocean Floor Sediment.
- It acts as a large variety of metal dusts, including redstone.
- The dust it acts as is preferential to a specific list, starting with orichalcum, gold, redstone, etc.
- If no other mods are installed, valuable dust easily acts as a replacement for redstone dust since no metal dusts exist in vanilla Minecraft.
- The Red-Iron Chip is a crafting ingredient for various technologies in the mod, such as the air compressor, water filters, and electrolyzer.
Tar and Tar Soaked Fibre
Tar is obtained using a Tar Kiln (Structure) by dropping an empty flask on the limestone slab of the structure and lighting the log of the structure on fire with either a flint and steel or Greek fire flask and waiting 10 seconds. (See Tar Kiln in the Structures section for crafting images.)
Tar Soaked Fibre is a fuel source equivalent to coal and charcoal (smelts 8 items). And is crafted with a Tar Flask and leaves, wool, tall grass, cobweb, or wheat.
- Spawns in ocean type biomes and beaches
- Drops raw lobster when killed
- Naturally wanders toward water and lobster traps
- Always hostile and tried to deal damage to the player in all difficulties
- Spawns in all difficulties
- Dies of “drowning” damage if out of water for too long.
- Spawns in all water type biomes, including oceans, swamps, and rivers
- Spawn with rates equal to fishing chances (cod are most common, clown are least)
- There are 4 types: Cod, Salmon, Puffer, and Clown
- When killed, they drop 1 vanilla fish items that matches their type.
- Puffer fish will puff up and poison players that get too close.
The Tar Kiln is a small structure made mostly of limestone and takes up less that a 3x3x3 space. Once the Tar Kiln is constructed, drop an empty flask on the limestone slab then light the log on fire. After 10 seconds, the log will burn up, a charcoal will drop, and the flask will fill with Tar. The tar kiln can be reused by placing another log.
Materials: 6x limestone blocks, 1x limestone slab, 1x any solid block, 1x any log type. In the diagram below, glass can be replaces with any block, including air. Stone can be replaced with any solid block.
Build bottom to top:
Front view during use:
Ships and Wrecks
Ships and ship wrecks naturally generate in the world. There are 3 themes for the ships, and each has a respective ship wreck. Ship and wreck spawning rates can be altered in the AlgaeCraft config.All ships should work with Archemedes' Ships.
Small ships and wrecks consist of a wooden hull, a front deck, a captain's quarters, and dispenser "canons." Small ships were often used by kingdoms to transport small amounts of supplies and valuables with enough firepower to make it to their destination safely.
Large ships were used to transport massive quantities of valuables and were often equipped with Greek Fire for protection of the contained goods. Large ships not only have chests of supplies for soldiers, they contain resources in their hulls. These resources could be farmed goods, new technology, and even valuable mined materials.
Desert "Egypt" Ship
Desert ships often belonged to any of 3 desert factions. They have a giant desert symbol painted on their sail in a color representative of their faction. These ships were used for trade of treasures, such as emeralds, lapis lazuli, and gold, but a majority of their haul was unwanted sand.
AlgaeCraft will automagically try to detect Thaumcraft on startup, but does not require Thaumcraft to function. If TC is detected, AlgaeCraft will enable all features that require Thaumcraft. These include giving TC aspects to items and blocks, registering farmable blocks with TC golems, adding a couple Infernal Forge bonuses, along with any number of Thaumcraft-related features that are added. This Thaumcraft Compatability can be disabled in the AlgaeCraft config.
- New aspect that is obtained from various AlgaeCraft items and blocks
- Consists of Aqua and Tenebrae
- Planned to be used in a few recipes in the future
RF Power Compatibility
AlgaeCraft will automatically try to detect CoFH API, part of CoFH Core or CoFHLib, on startup, but does not require either to function. If the API is detected, AlgaeCraft will enable all features that require it. For now, this means changing Air Compressors to consume 10 RF/tick and will fill air tanks at 1 breath/10RF, causing the air compressor to run faster than the standard version, filling 1 breath every tick instead of every 3 at max. There may be future alterations for AlgaeCraft blocks and items to require RF. RF power compatibility can be disabled in the AlgaeCraft config.
For now there are no plans to update the mod, but if I do update to a newer version, here's a list of features I've considered adding:
- Oysters, pearls, and Bauble compatibility/features
- Better Sushi and other foods (maybe drinks)
- Armored dive suits and equipment
- Fishing gear and Harpoon guns
- Better boats
- Giant crabs (crab armor?)
- Hadal Zone dimension with new blocks, ores, structures, hostiles, and maybe a boss (less likely feature)
- Thaumcraft stuff: Thaumium Trident, Neptune’s Trident, magic dive gear, etc.
- Thermal Expansion stuff: RF for water filters and electrolyzer, electronic dive equipment
1.5.10 Forge -
- Changed AlgaeCraft mod detection to require CoFH API to activate RF features instead of Thermal Expansion
- Lobster cages with blue lobsters will now spawn blue lobsters when broken
- Fixed in-game mod description from "you thirst" to "your thirst", because grammar.
1.5.9 Forge -
- Added blue Lobster variant (1/5000 chance of spawning)
- Added tan dye and tan wool
- Added naturally generating ships and ship wrecks
- Added many new config options to customize world gen and mod functionality
- Improved internal Structure methods and file system
- Structures may be created and altered in algaecraft/structures folder in the config folder
- Added commands "/acimport [x] [y] [z] [structure name]" and "/acexport [x1] [yz] [z1] [x2] [y2] [z2] [xCenter] [yCenter] [zCenter] [structure name] <block ids to ignore>"
1.5.8 Forge - NOTICE for Servers: Upon updating to this or a later version, all players MUST use at least this version.
- Fixed Seaweed not growing
- Fixed Algae breaking in swamp biomes
- Fixed crashes with BCD and Air tank
- Made Greek Fire bombs more powerful
- Added config for Fish and Lobster spawning weights
- Added config to toggle Sponges detecting neighboring block changes (not recommended to turn off)
- Improved packets (client-server)
- Improved swim gear to allow for smoother swimming control
- Fish now avoid the topmost water block.
1.5.7 Forge -
-Fixed Braziers not dropping when block below them destroyed.
-Fixed infinitely flowing water glitch with Braziers.
-Fixed Water filters not updating where coords add up to a negative number (x+y+z<0).
-Optimized several sections of code, decreasing any lag caused by Algaecraft
-Added config options to change growth rates of all farmables.
-Added config option to change update rate of water filters
-Added Thaumcraft aspects to items/blocks added in AC1.5.6
1.5.6 Forge -
- Greek fire, greek fire flask, greek fire brazier, and greek fire grenade.
- Tar flask (used for greek fire) and tar soaked fibre (new fuel source)
- Tar Kiln structure and implemented an entire system to make adding structures easier in the future.
- Helper tool tips to certain flasks with non-conventional crafting (Water flasks, Carbonated water, and Tar)
- A texture for the 2 middle-stages of guayule.
- Puffer fish poisoning range reduced
- Removed water dripping through treated wood
- Config biome definitions now used in world generation.
- Fresh and Salt water filters now impact how flasks are filled (fresh water filter is dominant)
- Experimental lag-reduction fix to Coral; let me know if problems occur with planting/growing coral. If no problem is reported by the next release, the change will be applied to all blocks affected by water filters.
1.5.5 Forge -
- Added config option to disable generation of Guayule in the world, effectively disabling most tech parts of the mod unless another mod is installed that adds a way to get rubber.
- Made a ton of fixes to make AlgaeCraft work on servers including adding alternate recipes, changing TileEntity Registration, and handling of BCD keybinding (no gameplay changes).
1.5.4 Forge -
-Removed flowered variety of Great Lake biome as a separate biome ID
-Made compatible with Java 6 and 7 to prevent related crashes
-Added special wetsuit varieties and recipes
-May have added ability to create custom wetsuit skins through resource packs (untested)
1.5.3 Forge -
-Fixed infinite lobster glitch
-Fixed middleclick (pickblock) on water filters
-Switched coral->limestone crafting to use oredictionary so the recipe shows in NEI
1.5.2 Forge -
- Fixed crash when providing an alternating redstone current to an empty air compressor.
- Air compressor can now be powered through adjacent blocks as well as directly
- Fixed not being able to craft small coral into dye
- Algae chips can now be used as green dye
1.5.1 Forge -
- Fixed sponge spores not growing into full blocks because of invalid override
- Fixed crash from dry sponge blocks absorbing sponge spores, coral, or other water "plant"
- Slightly reduced BCD "flight" speed in neutral buoyancy
1.5.0 Forge -
- Sponges are now 1.8 sponges brought into 1.7! The yellow sponges keep their ID, so they will be converted into vanilla sponges in 1.8.
- Wet sponge can be crafted with an empty flask to give a dry sponge and flask of salt water (for easier crafting)
- Algae generates as single blocks instead of clusters
- Seaweed generates in superchunks (3x3 chuck coordinates) in roughly 1/2 of all Deep Ocean chunks
- Seaweed no longer generates on stone "reefs"
- The Sushi Knife recipe now requires 1 seaweed or string and is no longer adaptable in the config.
- Coral reefs only use limestone (no sandstone/cobble option), geneate in a new shape, and generate based on superchunks in roughly 1/4 of all Ocean chunks
- Ocean Floor Sediment (Pelagic sediment was renamed) now replaces patches of gravel in the vanilla Deep Ocean biome.
-Coral no longer has suction under water, and uses metadata between 8 and 15 (sponges are still sucky on purpose)
-Lobster traps containing lobsters no longer cause flowing water
- Water mob spawning is fixed to have higher rates without overriding the vanilla biome.
- Fish drop their appropriate fish item
- Water filters have an algorithm for creating a list of filtered locations based on simple pathfinding so they only filter water in their own pool of water
- Air compressors can now adapt to use RF if Thermal Expansion is installed (change in config)
- All items are given Thaumcraft aspects when Thaumcraft is installed
- Neither Thermal Expansion nor Thaumcraft NEED to be installed for AlgaeCraft to work, but the adaptions are done if those mods are installed (unless the config says otherwise)
- Tridents are a melee weapon with an increased-range drawback attack, crafted with materials, sticks and seaweed
- Carbonated water can be made by dropping a flask of water on a burning furnace for a 1 item cooking duration
- Quicklime can be dissolved in a flask and combined with carbonated water in crafting to make limestone
- Quicklime explodes when dropped in water, with an explosion size dependent on item stack size.
- Valuable dust can be gotten from Ocean Floor Sediment and acts as redstone dust in crafting, or various metal dusts when other mods are installed, preferentially acting as gold dust first, followed by orichalcum, then redstone, then others.
- Treated wood (+slabs) and sealed glass are new aesthetic blocks
1.4.3(7) Forge - Fixes algae slowing effective area and allows blocks to replace algae rather than be placed on top.
- Adds a config option (ambientWaterMobs_max in the general category) that controls the spawn maximum (and in turn, spawn rates) or water mobs in the Ocean and Deep Ocean biomes.
1.4.3(6) Forge - Added German translations provided by LordEric
- Live Lobsters are now redish-black
- Fixed fish dorsal fin not rendering.
1.4.3(5) Forge - Attempt to fix squid not dropping items from other mods.
- Lobsters now pathfind to water sources, decreasing the chances of a lobster suffocating near a water source.
- Fixed lighting bugs with stairs and slabs.
1.4.3(4) Forge - Removed fish splashy sounds.
- Changed ocean biomes to spawn based on an altered waterCreature type.
- In oceans, there can be up to 256 water creatures in 17 chunks, allowing for a great increase in fish spawning and spawning of any water creatures registered to spawn in oceans, even from other mods.
- Made wet sponges work with containers from mods that use the FluidRegistry (e.g. Thaumcraft)
- Fixed guayule not having a chance to drop two bushes when fully grown and decreased time until guayule dies or thrives.
1.4.3(3) Forge - Fixed up some stuff.
1.4.3(2) Forge - SCUBA gear can now be repaired in an anvil; rubber for most, neoprene for wetsuit
- Fixed crash on startup if config says not to generate Deep Ocean biome
- Fixed dyeing damaged wetsuits completely repairs wetsuit in process.
1.4.3 Forge - Added quicklime (smelt limestone)
- Surround 1 blaze powder with 4 quicklime to get 4 glowstone dust.
- Added Fish mobs (normal, salmon, clown, and puffer)
- Attempt to fix random bug with air compressor eating up air tank in some cases.
- Fill a cauldron with water using a sponge while sneaking.
- Attempt to fix crashing if FogClarityAPI is not installed correctly.
- If config tells AlgaeCraft to not use the FogClarityAPI, Dive Masks give players nightvision when under water.
- Added crafting of limestone (4 full coral or 9 small coral of any color).
- Somewhat fixed lobsters being unable to climb 1-block jumps under water.
- Small alterations to code so AlgaeCraft no longer uses ModLoader components of Forge, for easier update to MC 1.7.
- Added ability to determine block model IDs for coral, seaweed, sponge, and algae in config (set to -1 by default to tell game to automatically choose an available ID).
- Other small alterations to the code that don't affect gameplay.
- Last content update before update to MC 1.7! (Will still fix bugs found in this version.)
1.4.2(4) Forge - Fixed server crash on startup. No need to update if you don't own a server.
- Includes early-WIP fish only available in spawn egg form.
1.4.2(3) Forge - Implemented some convenient crafting with flasks
- Fixed crafting with red sponges not working.
- Added "specialOutOfWaterCoralRendering" to config.
- Optional special rendering of coral, sponge, and seaweed; toggle in config, default is off
- Implemented airtank replacing methods for BCD and compressor (shifting)
- Last sponge in stack will automatically move to another stack if possible.
1.4.2(2) Forge - Naming bug fix
- Crafting fix
- Sponge fix
1.4.2 Forge - Updated to Minecraft 1.6.4. That's it.
1.4.1 Forge - This release contains everything from the previous 1.4.x releases with more.
- Added Air compressor
- Gave Dive Mask a screen overlay like pumpkin.
- Added Guayule plant and branches.
- Added Empty Flask, Fresh Water Flask, Salt Water Flask, and Flask of Sodium Hydroxide.
- Added raw rubber, rubber ball and Neoprene.
- Added colorable neoprene wet suit and flippers.
- Added crafting recipes for everything that was added.
- Guayule generates in desert biomes and red sponges generate in ocean biomes.
- Vanilla squid drop raw squid meat. AlgaeCraft squid still exist to prevent world corruption, but don't replace vanilla squid when spawning new entities.
- Probably some other stuff. If I remember anything, I'll add it to this list.
1.4.x.1 Unofficial Forge - This unofficial release contains some fixes, a new piece of SCUBA gear and a bunch of new config options!
- Attempt to fix server crash on coming into contact with algae.
- Keybinding for BCD should work with servers.
- Added wetsuit. Currently uncraftable. Can be dyed to any dye color.
- Added "usesFogClarityAPI" to config to determine if AlgaeCraft should attempt to use the FogClarityAPI. When false, the API doesn't have to be installed at all and AlgaeCraft will run noramlly, excluding special rendering with the SCUBA mask.
- In config, "allowCoralGrowthOn" now determines a list of block IDs that Coral can grow on.
- Added "allowSeaweedGrowthOn" to determine a list of block IDs that Seaweed can grow on.
- Added "oceanBiomeIDList" to config to determine a list of biome IDs that coral, seaweed and sponge can grow in and that reefs generate in. Standard depth range still applies.
- Changed "reefType" to "reefTypes". The variable is now a list of available reef material bases (cobblestone = 0, sandstone = 1, limestone = 2; default is only 2).
- Functionality of "canReefHaveMossyCobble" changed to include if sandstone reefs can have chiseled sandstone and if limestone reefs can have chiseled limestone.
- Textures for rubber, neoprene and guayule can now be found.
- NethanielShade temporarily retired. Wetsuit, rubber, neoprene, and electrolyzer textures by Azaka7. Guayule textures adapted from NethanielShade's guayule textures.
1.3.0(3) Forge - (for MC 1.5.2)
- Fixed bonemeal changing the metadata of any block to some degree.
1.4.x.0 Unofficial Forge - This unofficial release fixes several bugs from 1.3 versions and contains new features for testing, which can be found only in the creative inventory.
- Fixed block damage problem with bonemeal.
- Fixed Algae growing on land and replacing blocks.
- Probably other bug fixes I can't currently recall.
- Config variable "algaeBiomeIDList" for changing biomes algae can grow in (for use with other biome mods).
- Config variable "allowCoralGrowthOn" not working, but hints at future customizations.
- SCUBA Goggles, air tank and BCD up for testing. Key bindings don't yet work on servers. No crafting yet.
- SCUBA Goggles require FogClarityAPI to work (see install instructions).
- Added limestone, only found in creative so far.
- New texture artist: NethanielShade.
1.3.0(2) Forge - (for MC 1.5.2) Server bug fix. This fix will be added for 1.6.2 when basic SCUBA gear is added, which is planned to be relatively soon.
1.3.2 Forge - Added "knifeCrafting (see forum for syntax)" to Config file. More info above.
1.3.1 Forge - Updated to MC 1.6.2!
- Added entityLobster to config to change the Lobster entity ID for compatibility (< or = 127)
- Added entityMeatySquid to config to change the AlgaeCraft Squid ID (< or = 127)
1.3.0 Forge (still for MC 1.5.2)
- Added Deep Ocean biome
- Added genDepOcean to config to decide if you want Deep Ocean to generate (default true)
- Added deepOceanBiomeID to config for better compatability with other biome mods.
- Added "Aeros Plantae" (Air Plant) to generate in small amounts in Deep Ocean biome.
- Added Aeros Bulbs, Aeros Plantae seeds and Potion of Water Breathing (with variations).
- Added Pelagic sediment as floor block for Deep Ocean.
- Added Golden Knife (Cutting knife variation)
- Added AlgaeCraft Mod tab to Creative inventory.
- Fixed block update glitch with sponge items while removing water.
1.2.3 Forge - Alterations to default item ids to make me happy.
- Player can now choose reef generation type using config variable reefType
1.2.2 (2) Forge - Fixed Crash when attacking Lobster.
1.2.2 Forge - Alterations to default item ids to make Forge happy.
- canReefHaveMossyCobble in the config now works.
1.2.1 (3 - 5) Forge - Attempts to fix the server bug. Fixed in 1.2.1(5).
1.2.1 (2) Forge - Takes longer to break Filters
1.2.1 Forge - Added water filters and Red-Iron chips
Attempt to fix server bug.Failed
1.2.0 Forge - Updated to MC 1.5.2!
-Items (Lobster, Boiled Lobster, Raw Lobster, cooked lobster)
-Lobster Cage (Block)
-Basic sushi (cooked and raw fish)
-Slightly improved reef generation to reduce items dropping
1.1.4(3) Forge - Fixed server bug dealing with algae block.
1.1.4(2) Forge - Hopefully fixed all crash-causing server-related problems.
1.1.4 Forge - Small edit to try to fix a server error.
- Removed "Non-Existing Coral" from creative inventory.
- Added config file for editing item and block ID values.
1.1.3 Forge - First release for Minecraft Forge ModLoader. Same as other 1.1.3.
1.1.3 - Fixed algae duplication bug when algae is placed in a non-swamp biome.
- Fixed infinite bonemeal usage on sponge and coral.
1.1.2 - If 1.1.1 made minecraft crash, this version should have it fixed
1.1.1 - Fixed not getting bowl back when eating Fried Calamari Rings
1.1.0 - Update to MC 1.4.6:
-Fixed floating coral
-Small coral grow into big coral given time or bonemeal.
-New worlds generate "AlgaeCraft Squid", which drop raw squid, instead of normal Squid. AlgaeCraft Squid have their own spawn egg.
-You can craft "Cutting Knives" with a stick and an iron ingot up-right diagonal to it. The knives act like stone swords.
-Knives allow the player to get meat from vanilla squid found in worlds already generated.
-You can cook raw squid in a furnace to recieve "Calimari Steak"
-Craft a knife, brown mushroom, bowl, and calamari steak in any order to get "Fried Calamari Rings". You WILL get your knife back, but it will take damage.
1.0.1 - First Release
Terms and Conditions & Modpacks
AlgaeCraft is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
In other words:
AlgaeCraft may only be redistributed freely under these conditions:
- The copy of AlgaeCraft is Free. The redistributor may not sell copies of AlgaeCraft.
- Credit MUST be given to the creator of AlgaeCraft (Azaka7).
- AlgaeCraft may only be used in modpacks* if the modpack is free and credit is given to the creator of AlgaeCraft.
AlgaeCraft may be decompiled for the purpose of studying the code. If the code is altered and redistributed, the resulting mod may only be distributed under a license equal to or more strict than this. The mod must also be free.
AlgaeCraft may be used in YouTube videos if a link to this Minecraft Forums page is given in the description. If the video is part of a series, the link must be provided in at least one video.
* A "modpack" is a collection of modifications (mods) used and/or redistributed as one set.
Jun 14, 2015TheIronCommander posted a message on Vanilla Five Nights At Freddy's Map with 3D Models[Played by AntVenom & CavemanFilms! 100,000+ Downloads!]Posted in: MapsThis is a Map and Resource Pack that re-creates the location from the popular horror game, Five Nights At Freddy's. Its perfect for Adventure, Roleplay, or just destroying it with TNT! The Map contains the Resource Pack so you don't have to download anything else but you can download it separately. If you have any problems with sounds, textures, etc please let me know and i will get right on it. You can also check out my WIP Five Nights at Freddy's 4 map here.
", sans-serif">Features:", sans-serif">- A huge variety of 3D models that enhance the map", sans-serif">- A functioning power system that shuts down at night", sans-serif">- Animatronics that come alive at night", sans-serif">- Functioning Cameras", sans-serif">- Working Doors", sans-serif">- Wearable Suits", sans-serif">- Edible Pizza!
", sans-serif">D", sans-serif">o", sans-serif">wnloads:", sans-serif">Freddy's Fazbear's Pizza v1.3", sans-serif">Five Nights At Freddy's Resource Pack v1.3
", sans-serif">Screenshots:", sans-serif">
Apr 19, 2013Blocksmithed posted a message on [Hybrid] (v18) (100+ Animations!) Blocksmith Hybrid Animated Default: Default Textures Given Life.Posted in: Resource PacksMuito obrigado para MpSlx (http://steamcommunity.com/id/mpslx) pela tradução!
Quando a snapshot 13w02a lançou com o novo sistema de texturas eu fiquei muito exitado. Eu finalmente poderia deixar o minecraft do modo que eu queria.O objetivo deste pacote é animar todas as texturas, porém com razão (Mais de 100 animações até agora!), e também adicionar alguns detalhes, que não existiam por falta de pixels, como as ferramenta na mesa de trabalho, e os riscos no vidro (As texturas com mais detalhes são 32x).Eu sei que outros pacotes se denominam "Híbridos" porém eu não vi nenhum misturando resoluções. Modificando a resolução dependendo da necessidade da animação, eu consegui deixar uma animação bonita e mantendo o pacote leve.Eu estou trabalhando nisso por mais de três meses.Gostaria de obter sugestões de todos sobre o que poderia ser acrescentado ou melhorado. Aqui estão alguns screenshots e alguns gifs para dar uma idéia do que tudo parece. Alguns dos meus favoritos são a tocha, o jukebox ou registro player, e os minérios.
Você não pode ver as animações nelas.O vidro de conexãoAqui estão algumas animações, não todas!Blocos Animados
Exemplo de um mob piscando!
Videos Análises e Jogatinas
Instalação Não sabe como utilizar?
- Depois de baixar, coloque na pasta texture packs. Se você não sabe onde fica, procure no Google, e você vai achar vários tutoriais. Tenha certeza que você está com o jogo na versão 1.5 ou maior.
- Instale o Optifine ou MCPatcher e siga as instruções em seus determinados posts. Isto irá ativar as texturas conectadas (CTM), mobs randômicos, e as animações de piscar, e o interior da Ender Chest. Se você utiliza optifine, tenha certeza de que você ligou as texturas conectadas em video>settings>quality.
Se você deseja deixa um comentário, mas não sabe inglês, você pode utilizar o Google Tradutor ou qualquer outro programa que traduza para o inglês. Se você não possui uma conta aqui, você pode também, comentar no meu vídeo no YouTube!
Termos Leia isto antes de tudo!
Usar este pacote em vídeos ou em outros meios porém com um link para este site.
Editar, remover, modificar e adicionar coisas ao pacote, porém para uso pessoal, sem destribuição pública.
Você não deve:
Destribuir este pacote sem seus determinados créditos/link para este site.
Utilizar qualquer uma das texturas deste pacoro para a criação de outro.
Com a exeção de:
Permissão exclusiva (Blocksmithed).Texturas originais pertencem á Mojang.
Se você usar isto em um vídeo no youtube, por favor, inclua um link para esta postagem!
Traduit par GreenLenux
Quand la snapshot 13w02a est sortie avec son nouveau système de pack de textures pour Minecraft 1.5, j'étais super excité. Je pouvais enfin faire ressembler Minecraft comme je le voulais. Le but de ce pack est de tout animer (plus de 100 animations), et d'ajouter des détails là où le pack de défaut n'avait pas assez de pixels comme les outils sur l'atelier et les lignes sur les vitres (les textures avec des détails sont 32 fois plus grandes). Je sais que certains packs de textures se prénomment eux même "hybrids" mais je n'ai jamais vu le concept de mixer différentes résolutions. En changeant les résolutions en concordance avec ce dont l'animation avait besoin, j'étais capable de rendre les animations plus fluides tout en gardant un semblant de même taille.
MpSlx (http://steamcommunity.com/id/mpslx) Traduction portugaise
Personnes qui m'ont donné des idées (incomplet)
J'aimerai avoir des suggestions de la part de tout le monde sur ce qui pourrait être ajouté ou amélioré. Les critiques constructives sont toujours les bienvenues. Voici quelques screenshots et quelques gifs pour vous donner un aperçu du pack. Mes textures préférées sont le pufferfish, le Jukebox/lecteur de musiques, et les minerais.
Notez que j'ai « gifé » seulement quelques textures car c'est horrible à faire. Ce n'est que quelques exemples. Aussi, les animations vont vous paraître plus fluides en jeu car le timing est compliqué à réaliser en gif. Certaines animations ne sont d'ailleurs plus présentes dans le pack.
Et le villageois (un des mobs qui cligne des yeux)
Il y a plein d'autres vidéos de présentation de mon pack sur youtube. J'aimerai tous les remercier. Vous pouvez en trouver plus ici.
1. Télécharger le fichier .zip depuis le lien de téléchargement, et suivre ces instructions.
2. (Semi-optionel, mais cette étape est obligatoire pour activer certaines options) Télécharger MCPatcher et patcher votre minecraft (les instructions d’installations sont dans le lien). Cela activera les textures connectées (CTM), les mobs randoms, et les animations sur les entités comme les mobs qui clignent des yeux et l'enderchest.Optifine peut seulement utiliser les textures connectées les mobs randoms.
Merci d'avoir lu et, j'espère, d'avoir essayé le texture pack !
(Pour Minecraft 1.14)
J'ai aussi un topic PMC ici. Si vous n'avez pas de compte minecraftforum, vous pourrez commenter sur PMC ou sur la vidéo Youtube.
When snapshot 13w02a came out with the new texture pack system for minecraft 1.5, I was so excited. I could finally make Minecraft look how I wanted it to. The goal of this pack is to animate everything within reason (over 100 animations so far!), and add detail where the defaults didn't have enough pixels like the tools on the crafting bench and lines in glass (the textures with added detail are 32x). I know some other packs call themselves "hybrids" but I haven't seen this concept of mixing and matching resolutions done before. By changing the resolutions in accordance with the need of the animation, I was able to make the animations smoother while keeping the overall size of the pack down.
Here is a complete change log.
ChangesTools on the workbench look like tools
Gold ore sparkles
Diamond ore sparkles
Redstone ore pulsates with power
Emerald ore sparkles
Diamond item sparkles
Emerald item sparkles
TNT fuse is more detailed and sparks on the end
Streaks in glass have finer lines
Lit furnace has fire animation
Bottles in the brewing stand fill up
Sign item's text gets written
Water bucket drips
Lava bucket drips and also the lava in it flows
Milk bucket drips
Cobblestone looks nicer
Wheat sways in the wind
Redstone lamp pulses
Tall grass sways
Minecart wheels are better
Note block really rocks out that beat
Jukebox has a spinning record on top
Water is slightly clearer
Beacon has a pulsing effect
Tipped book shelf books look better
Powered rail moves
Diamond block has a shiny effect
Gold block has a shiny effect
Emerald block has a shiny effect
Torch has fire on it
Redstone torch pulsates
Lines in ice are more detailed
Slime ball drips
Eye of ender blinks
Lit repeater has current running through it
Redstone block pulsates
Raw fish flaps it's tail
Cooked fish has X's for eyes and twitches
Rotten flesh has flies that fly around on it
Soul sand faces open and close their mouths
Oak, birch, jungle, and spruce leaves sway
Egg starts to hatch
Redstone item pulses
Glowstone item pulses
Lights on the command block change colors
Lit comparator has pulse that runs through it
Iron ingot has shiny effect
Gold ingot has shiny effect
End portal block (with eye in it) blinks
Slightly more transparent overlay when wearing a pumpkin
Enchanting table diamond corners have a shiny effect
Nether star spins
Lit activator rail pulses
Arrow in drawn bow has feathers
Shears open and close
Blaze powder burns
Blaze rod is... animated
Mushroom stew drips
Fireworks rocket fuses sparks
Diamond sword shines
Diamond pickaxe shines
Diamond axe shines
Diamond shovel shines
Diamond hoe shines
Gold nugget shines
Iron sword shines
Gold sword shines
Golden carrot shines
Glistering melon "glisters?"
Fern sways back and forth
Lily pad ripples
Potato crops sway
Carrot crops sway
Baked potato emits smoke/steam
Most 1 block high flowers sway
Animated puffer fish
Animated raw salmon and raw clownfish
Animated double high grass
The following features only work for MCPatcher/Optifine users:
Enderchest has a swirling portal in it and it's eye blinks
You can make the TARDIS from Dr. Who out of /give 5 1 5 (Wood planks with a damage value of 5. Removed in 1.6c)
Squids roll eyes
Players using a unedited Steve skin blink
Blaze's spinning rods have a low tech blazy animation
Creeper painting just got creepier
Iron golems blink
Creeper eyes pulse red
Enderman eyes pulse a darker purple
Some cobwebs have small spiders in them
Fire particles are animated
Villager's cloud w/ lightning particle is animated
Some random zombie skins
The minecraft logo on the minecraft main screen is animated
Grass has some random CTM
Cobble has some random CTM
Stone has some random CTM
Quartz blocks connect
Endermen have a slender-ish b&w fade out animation
Added slender notes to roofed forests
Many thanks to these people:Credits:
MpSlx (http://steamcommunity.com/id/mpslx) Made the Portuguese translation
GreenLenux Made the French translation. He also has created some horror maps: 1 2 3
People who have given me ideas: (incomplete)
I'd love to get suggestions from everyone on what could be added or improved. Constructive criticism is always welcome. Here are some screenshots and a few gifs to give the general concept. Some of my favorites are the pufferfish, the jukebox/record player, and the ores.
ScreenshotsI know these don't show animations but oh well.A few of the mob variationsThe connecting glassThe slight edit on cobble and random CTM. Although subtle, I think it helps make cobble more bearable.
GifsPlease note I gif-ified only some of the textures because they are a pain to make. This isn't nearly all of them. Also they will look much better in game because the timings are hard to get right on a gif. Some are also outdated.Blocks:
And the villager (one of the mobs that blinks)
There are many other videos/showcases/reviews on youtube. I'd like to thank all of them. You can find most here.
1. Download the .zip file from the download link below, and follow these instructions.
2. (Semi-optional, but this step is required to enable some features) If available for your minecraft version, download MCPatcher and patch your minecraft (installation instructions are in the link). This will enable connected textures (CTM), random mobs, and animations on entities like blinking mobs and the enderchest. Optifine is a partial alternative, but it only has very basic support for connected textures and random mobs.
Thanks for reading this and hopefully trying it out! Enjoy.
- Ad free links and older versions available under "Version History/Alternate download links."
I also have a post here on PMC. If you don't have a minecraftforum account, feel free to comment there or on the YouTube video.
Version History/Alternate download linksVersions for Minecraft 1.13.x - 1.14.x
(Same as v17e but updated to be compatible with 1.13)
Versions for Minecraft 1.11.x
(Same as v17d but updated to be compatible with 1.11)
Versions for Minecraft 1.9.x - 1.10.x:
(Same as v17c but updated to be compatible with 1.9)
Versions for Minecraft 1.6 through 1.8.x:
(Updated for 1.8, notable new/redone animations include leaves, fish, ghast, and double tallgrass.)
(Animates all the new flowers, fixes the cauldron glitch, the dark oak plank glitch, and removes broken formatting in the description.)
(Adds more random mobs, more random CTM, more animations and improvements to existing animations.)
(Same as v1.5, but in resource pack format for 1.6)
Versions for Minecraft 1.5.x:
(May be incomplete. Adds more random mobs, more random CTM, more animations and improvements to existing animations.)
(Adds dripping netherack, connecting glass panes, animated lilypads, carrots, and potatoes. Ores are also redone.)
(Makes more of the vegetation sway and more mob eyes animated. Also improved some things.)
(Add shiny tools and a few other animations.)
(Adds blinking mobs, and animated enderchest and blaze.)
(First version to be posted here. Has better ores, wheat, and grass than 1.0. Also adds various animations.)
(Oldest version. Less graphically intensive.)
How to remove or replace animations/textures1. Open the resource pack and find the texture you want to remove or replace. It will usually be under assets/minecraft/textures somewhere, but mob animations and connected textures are under assets/minecraft/mcpatcher.
2. Delete the .png and the .mcmeta (or .properties) file that has the same name. Minecraft will replace missing textures with the default texture.
3. If you want to replace the texture you just deleted, simply copy and paste the texture you want into the correct folder.
If you want to support this, leaving a comment really means a lot to me. If you really want to help this texture pack, you can set this code as your signature.
<a href="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1778085-"><img src='http://i.imgur.com/IZV9lZq.gif' /></a>
It is the one you see as my signature below this post. If it doesn't work first try, click the "toggle editing mode" button on the top left of the signature editing screen and past the code again.
Also feel free to click that button. That always makes me happy.You may:
• Use this texture pack in youtube videos and/or other media, but please provide a link to my minecraftforum.net post: http://www.minecraft.../topic/1778085- or
• Edit any part of this pack for your personal use, just don't distribute it.
• Use this pack as your server's resource pack, or use parts of it in your server's resource pack as long as you give me credit.
• Post/share any of the download links on the forum post, just link to the forum post as well.
You may not:
• Distribute this pack or any part of it with a link other than one of mine. (Except as stated above)
• Use any of these textures in another resource pack or remix pack.
With the exception of:
• Exclusive permission from me, blocksmithed (http://www.minecraft...2-blocksmithed/).
• Please don't post a direct download link. Instead use a bit.ly one from under "Version History/Alternate download links." They work just as well, and anyone can track download stats by adding a "+" after the bitly url.
Original Minecraft textures belong to Mojang.
If you use this for YouTube please provide a link to this thread. Thanks!
Jun 16, 2012Posted in: Minecraft Mods
The Betweenlands is a mod developed by the Angry Pixel modding group. This large and expansive mod adds a whole new dimension with a plethora of exciting new content that offers an exciting and challenging survival experience.
The Betweenlands dimension is a dark and mysterious realm where strange, monstrous creatures roam amongst the remnants of a long lost civilisation. Do you dare to explore?
Features include -
More information can be found on the mod's CurseForge page and on the official wiki.
- A complete independent survival experience with hours of gameplay
- A whole new dimension to survive in
- Many new creatures and monsters to fight
- Bosses to defeat
- Plenty of unique biomes and structures to explore and loot, from towering fortresses to scattered underground ruins
- An extensive herblore system that allows you to create over 30 unique infusions from 14 different aspects found in plants
- A unique farming system with several new crop types
- Over 300 new blocks to build with, including various machine blocks and a whole lot of plant life
- Over 350 new items, including lots of unique weapons and loot, complete tool and armour sets, plenty of food items, new raw materials, scraps of lore and more
- Over 250 new sounds, including 7 immersive ambient tracks and 33 music tracks
- Lots of new mechanics, including food sickness, corrosion of tools, decay of the player, and a combat circle revolving around 3 new gem items
- Randomly occurring events, including changes in the weather as well as sometimes more supernatural occurrences
- Special built-in custom shader effects to make the worlds look even prettier
- Multiplayer compatibility so you can survive with your friends
- ...and much, much more!
The Betweenlands download
The Betweenlands on CurseForge
The Betweenlands repository on Github
For frequent news and updates, follow @BetweenlandsDev on Twitter
Feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the new stuff? The official wiki for the mod can be found here!
We now also have an official Discord server for The Betweenlands where you can hang out and maybe chat with the developers (we're usually around).Come drop by and say hi!
Jun 23, 2014Posted in: Survival Mode
I didn't really build that for the dragon egg, I just wanted 5 beacons for the effects and I wanted to place some block at the top of the pyramid, but it had to be transparent and.
Built in no-cheating* vanilla survival, only the surface is made from diamond, inside is iron.
*No using cheat commands(including /toggledownfall) cheat mods or duplication glitches, increasing ores with the new snapshots or x-ray texture packs. (using non-duplication glitches is allowed as long as it doesn't give huge advantance)
Oct 12, 2012Xolova posted a message on AoA--25 New Dimensions• 330 Mobs• 27 Bosses• Skills• Quests• 600+Items [LARGE Bugfix Update, May 2018]Posted in: Minecraft Mods
(Pictures of Shyrelands, Playtopia and The Everland not included below)
Original Team:XolovA (Brendan Wildish) - Creator, Programmer/Designer/ArtistEternalDoom - Various Assistance
Tslat/Scimiguy - ProgrammerUrsun - ArtistMisc:
Rapisoft - Short Musical Cut-outs
Square Enix - Short Musical Cut-outs
Kevin MacLeod - Short Musical Cut-outshttp://www.purple-planet.com - Short Musical Cut-outs
Oct 9, 2011Posted in: Suggestions
Alright, so there's this idea I've been working on for the past few weeks. You heard me, weeks. Basically, it's boats. Boats than you can make bigger, slap a name on, armor, choose what propulsion system it has, and carry stuff in.
Full idea in spoiler:Boats Evolved; bigger, modular boats (Watch out --- huge!)
Okay guys. Just a slight disclaimer, the explanation for this idea is going to be *HUGE*. The idea itself may be simpler, but the description will take a long time to explain. In a nutshell, it's bigger boats that are also modular.
So we'll start with a slight modification of a game mechanic. Otherwise, the idea won't work very well. So just keep in mind that in this idea, you can't push a boat around by standing on top of it. At least just for the higher-level classes, which we'll get to in a minute.
Also, upon entering a boat, a GUI will appear somewhere around the bottom-right or so that displays the ships 'health', and speed.
Before we go overboard (no pun intended), let's begin with some basic principles that can be applied to the current boat. Let's call it the Dinghy. You can't do too terribly much with the Dinghy, but you CAN do some things.
Dinghies can be crafted just like they normally are. However to modify a boat, a new tool will have to be brought into the game. Let's say it's a Hammer. Right-clicking on a boat with a hammer, granted you're the one that built it will open up a GUI.
Like I said before the abilities with the Dinghy are limited, so you have limited things that pop up in the GUI. All that displays for now is the hull, propulsion system, and their respective health bars. You can also give your boat its own custom name that appears on its hull (But this probably won't be for the Dinghy). You will also notice two numbers at the top. On the left (12/12), is the boat's hitpoints. I doubled their damage resistance because I thought it was kind of silly to kill a boat with one arrow. To the right (1) is the ship's base speed attribute. That is to say, the speed capability of a boat, excluding the propulsion system. Boat stats will vary upon each construction. Therefore someone can be proud of themselves if they have made a fast/strong ship.
Normally, you have your standard, nonreinforced plank hull. However, you could change that. Let's start with a Reinforced Wood Hull. In the crafting table, put in 9 pieces of log together to form a piece of Reinforced Wood Plating. Dinghies will probably only need one plate to reinforce themselves. Plating will probably not be stackable for gameplay purposes.
Reinforced wood will provide a higher defense for the dinghy. Two more types of hull include Steel and Gold. Steel Plating requires 4 Iron blocks in the crafting table, and Gold likewise. With a steel-plated hull, the boat can take considerably more damage than Plank or Wood. Steel hulls can possibly withstand lava. Gold plating is only slightly stronger than Reinforced Wood and is not feasible as battle armor. However, just in case you were thinking these hulls are easy to reinforce, keep in mind higher levels will need more plating as they get bigger.
When a boat is damaged, simply right-click with the Hammer to open up the GUI. There should be a slot for extra plating to go in should the ship need repair. To ensure fair fights, the repair will be timed, like a furnace. Each repair uses up the Hammer some. It would also be nice to see some sort of visual cue for an almost-destroyed ship, like fire or a broken, damaged texture.
And now, the propulsion systems.
With the default dinghy, you have your Hands. Hands for a dinghy are basically neutral, however they will be slower than in previous versions of the game.
An alternative solution, is craftable Oars. Oars are very maneuverable and faster than hands, however they do not grant a steady speed and require you to hold down the forward button whenever you want to move. They may even 'tire' you out more (using up more Hunger).
The last one for the Dinghy, is the sail. Sails can provide very fast speeds, however they have low thrust and are not easy to slow down and speed up easily. A steady speed is required for traversing around land-covered areas. Sails can also possibly be made with different colored wool, to help a boat stand out. Sails grant a steady speed as you can leave them unattended with very little deceleration.
So now we move on to a bigger boat. Not too terribly big, but we're getting there.
To construct larger ships and propulsion systems, you're going to need an alternative to the crafting table. Let's just call it the Shipwright. This block ONLY crafts boats and takes up more blocks of space.
I think for a new level of boat, you're going to need some Blueprints. Blueprints can most likely be created by interacting with the Shipwright by combining a blueprint (Or in this case, a solid Dinghy) and investing your Experience Points to come up with a new 'idea' for a bigger boat. The 'studying' is timed, again, like a furnace, and with each clump of EP filled, the progress bar is filled some. You can also find Blueprints in dungeons, but only rarely.
After that will be done, the Blueprints can be put in a separate slot, with another slot under it. The slot under it is for the wood required to build the boat. Every time you put more wood into the slot under it, the progress bar for the ship increases. I'm not sure if this should be the way but it sounds pretty good.
I think that for each class of boat, a bigger mast will need to be crafted. That, or just have one single mast that, for bigger boats, you need to pack in more Sails. Kind of like how plating works.
So now, the next level: the Skiff.
The skiff is *about* 2 1/2 times the length of the Dinghy. However, with the next level comes new features. First off is a second slot, a passenger seat if you will. But besides that, there are two more features.
Here, there will be special lots to place blocks at. These could be something decorative like gold blocks, or practical, like chests.
To place a block in there, logically you would right click on that one place with the block. It's possible the block lot will be highlighted by the Hammer to show you where you can place things. To get it out, leftclick with the Hammer and it will appear in your inventory. If blocks aren't your fancy, perhaps animals are. Here is where the extra space in the GUI comes in. There would be a list of all the entities in the boat. If they are NPCs, you can choose to move them to another slot, or evict them. You can also evict players,
but not move them[amended].
With the Skiff, you have an additional propulsion system. I'm not sure about this one so I'm going to need you guys' approval. Essentially, it is a steam-powered paddlewheel. The steam engine will need to be powered by coal, which will either have a furnace-like GUI or not. It is also be slightly less maneuverable than the Sail. The steam engine, like Sails, grant a steady speed and can be left unattended. They have perfect acceleration, however they are much slower than Sails.
For armoring, the Skiff will need more plates to sufficiently armor the boat. Possibly two or three.
The skiff will most likely be the largest boat to successfully navigate shallow marshlands and the like.
Now, for the adventurous sailor, we're going to go one step up. Meet the Cog. The Cog is a fair-sized boat, but it is hardly big. What is does have though is a top deck large enough to walk upon. Now, we're going to introduce another feature. This time, the Cog will have a lower deck. You could be able to place a few blocks in that bottom deck, such as beds and chests. This will be good for long adventures. If you aren't spoiled, you would be happy with a Cog for your adventuring needs. Hands are now unusable.
For gameplay, an invisible, penetrable box will be in the interiors of the ship that hides water and its effects when water blocks go near it, but as soon as they leave the water blocks return to normal.
Now here, starting with the Cog, is the boat's main means of offense and defense. You guessed it, the Cannon. I believe the cannon could be made with a crafting table. To fire (And right now I'm making most of this up as I go along), you must first craft a Cannonball (Maximum of 16 allowed in hand), and right click on the cannon. The cannon will fizz for about 2.5 seconds or more before firing the cannonball. You must wait an additional second to fire again. To adjust the angle of a cannon, rightclick it (without a cannonball) to point the cannon up or down.
Now with ships and other entities, contact with the cannonball will just equal damage being dealt. But with blocks, there is a chance (Depending on their blast resistance) that the block being hit, and/or the blocks around it will be pushed forward and respond to gravity. And in rare cases, break upon falling.
That, or it would just be a weak form of TNT. But I like the former better. Mostly because it's my idea. Good gosh I think I'm vain or something.
So like I said, if you aren't spoiled, you would be happy with a Cog for your adventuring needs.
But sometimes, you ARE spoiled. Or, just requiring a bit more power. That's where the fourth level comes in, behold: the Carrack. Significantly larger than the other boats, this one can actually be called a ship. It has 3 decks. The first being the top deck (Which comprises of the main deck, quarter and poop, naturally), the second the gun deck, which to the back holds the captain's quarters, and the bottom deck is mainly for cargo. If the Carrack is steampowered the boiler room will be in there.
Oars are now unusable for the Carrack, as are Hands for Cogs. (The Oars for the Cogs would be weaker than on the Skiff and Dinghy, as would hands with the Skiff. However with the Steam engine and Sail, they just get faster with each level, with exceptions [amended])
Another neat thing you get to do with the Carrack is you get to live up to the naval definiton of a ship. On the Carrack, you can place another boat inside it for scouting/lifeboats. But it can only be a Skiff or Dinghy.
Okay, next one. Here we go.
(This level is optional. You guys tell me if it should be ingame.)
Now sometimes, your lust for power is so great no measly Carrack can hold it; not even when it is steel-hulled and armed to the teeth. No, you wish for the very seas to obey your will. Well, you psychopath, here's the fix for you: Feast your eyes sir, on the Galleon. Over twice the size of a Carrack, four long decks and plenty of guns, you would not want to war with this vessel. It is essentially a Carrack on steroids; bigger, stronger (but not faster [amended]), and scarier. But, slightly slower. Should you decide to armor it, keep in mind it will need 8 Platings to armor (Maybe more). And considering each plating requires 4 blocks to fill, you're going to need a LOT of iron.
When a ship finally loses all of it's 'health', it will sink to the bottom of the sea. Here, it is subject to despawn, but will stay there as long as there is a player near it. Although dangerous, it would then be available for looting, if you haven't plundered the ship while it was afloat already. < --- This entire paragraph is subject to discussion and alternative options. It's also been proposed that the ship turn into it's block counterpart, only leave chests, or like in the Amendment Posts, leaves a Ship's Bell that can serve as a savegame for your ship.
Now, I understand that such a feature is going to be *HUGE*, possibly requiring its own update, and would be just a massive undertaking. But I for one believe it will be an undertaking worth the effort. It would heighten the spirit of Minecraft adventure and exploration, people could trade vast amounts of resources over long distances, and plunder other ships for their booty. So I'm not 100% expecting this to be accepted entirely (But if it is, thankyouthankyouthankyou!), but in the future if any modders were curious about how to go about doing their ship mod, this could be a good example. But I really hope this would at least be seen by Mojang. Just two-thirds into completing this idea, I read an old tweet of Notch saying that he might add something like this in the future. So, if you are, this could be one of the ways to go about it.
Amendment Post 1:
- In the Shipwright GUI, the product slot of the boatbuilding section is now a button. I've updated the image.
- Craftable ship components should have been expanded. In addition to a Galley, an Anchor component (probably most vital) is also one of them. Also proposed by the community are tables, crows' nests (That basket thing on the top of masts), icebreakers, and if the NPC crew idea is implemented, a sea captain's desk to chart courses for the helmsman.
- I actually think you should be able to move players. I mean, if they actually decided to choose to lock themselves in a mob slot rather than move around freely I think the captain should be free to move them wherever.
Amendment Post 2:
- Galleons really shouldn't be the fastest ships out there, it would be unfair. Instead, their base speed capability should be a tiny bit slower than a Carrack, probably. Updated.
- Right clicking on a cannon without a cannonball could point the cannon up/down. Updated.
- Different types of ships that do not follow the linear 5-level path of upgrades. Instead, 'extra' ship blueprints could be found in dungeons in strongholds, but they would be rare. Could be a way to get Caravels and viking ships or whatnot.
- I'm not sure about the decay process of sunken ships. Perhaps after someone leaves the ship's general area, a timer starts and eventually the ship will despawn. Or maybe it just stays there forever but can be 'mined' away to recollect valuable materials.
Amendment Post 3 (Note: These are not as important as the first 2) :
- Flags. Although I'm sure colored sails can do a good job of faction identification, custom-made flags would be really great to have. They could be used outside of boats, too.
- Extra ammo types. The standard cannonball would be made of stone and gunpowder, but others could be made out of iron and other materials. The new usable fireball coming 1.2 would also make a neat incendiary addition. Other types can inclde grapeshot and chainshot.
- Sea monsters. Pretty straightforward, I'd like to see some minor sea bosses when roaming the sea. But in my opinion, they should be restricted to certain sizes of ships (Dinghies have no bosses). For example the ship the size of a Skiff would probably only get a shark or something, whereas something Cog-sized would get sharks and sea serpents, medium-sized ships like the Carrack would get sea serpents and maybe giant octopus (Will wrap tentacles around the ship and begin to tug down unless tentacles are damaged), etc...They are, however, uncommon.
- A ship's bell. Yes, they can be used as a normal bell, but there's something that makes them special. Once placed on a ship, it bears the ship's name and can ONLY be placed on that ship (e.g Bell of the S.S Whatchamacallit). Then, if a sunken ship despawns, that bell is turned into a block at the bottom of the ocean and contains all of the ship's data. Then, it can be used to recreate the ship.
- Sea obstacles. The ocean would be made that much better if occasionally you stumbled upon a mini-biome within an ocean. These could be mysterious sea rocks, or icebergs made of pack ice where a tundra or arctic biome would usually be.
And the Reddit post is here:
Due to popular demand, I give you this:
Add this to your signature if you like it!
<a href="../../../topic/699830-boats-evolved-bigger-modular-boats/"><img src="http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss136/elitemandalorian48/besig-1.jpg" alt=""></a>
Important Things to Know for the Unfortunate Few Without Common Sense (aka posts I've gotten a million and one times and wish to halt):
- This is NOT A MOD. The illustrations may look convincing (for a bunch of photoshopped models made in Sketchup :p) but I have repeatedly, in this suggestion, mentioned it as an idea and rarely even mentioned the word 'mod'. Please stop asking how to install this. Plus, we're in the Suggestions forum. That tell you anything?
- Yes, I have SEEN the Zeppelin Mod. You're just about the 508th person to show me this. Yes, I've seen it. YES, I think it's a great mod, but in my opinion it's best to leave it at that, and this idea is about the vanilla Minecraft ships made of predefined modules, not blocks, as that seems to be more congruent with the current game mechanics. Saying "There's a mod for that" is a warnable offense, in any case.
- You see that little link up there? Yeah, the idea is in the link (or the spoiler). I've explained rather thoroughly how the boats work. While I would really like it for you to give me your two cents, this thread is not for people to make up entirely their own ideas on how the boats work. That part's already here, mostly
- "This would be great, but the oceans need to be bigger!" <-- Say this and you're gonna get a smack. >=(
Download link to the original SketchUp models: http://www.mediafire...55l1cnm1npgkbgl
--- See Also: ---
May 10, 2013gruntpie224 posted a message on VanillaPlus v1.5.1 Brings what should be in Minecraft that isn't! -=1.8 UPDATE=- Over 240K Downloads!Posted in: Minecraft Mods=~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~=For More details check out the mod on our Website Here
Have you ever wanted a use for those stacks of rotten flesh or ever wanted a way to craft bottles of XP? Well this is the mod for you! This mod adds blocks and items that would normally fit into the game but just aren't there, and also gives the most useless items a use! Check it out below!
Latest NewsVanillaPlus has now been updated to 1.8! Please enjoy and report any bugs here: http://goo.gl/forms/LYQ4ptXwWR
v1.8+All Previous Versions on the website here:
Download directly from here:VanillaPlus v1.5.1 for Minecraft 1.8: DOWNLOAD
VanillaPlus v1.5.1 for Minecraft 1.7.10: DOWNLOAD
(WARNING: 1.5.0 will most likely not work with previous VanillaPlus worlds, so please back-up your world before trying!)
These instructions work for both server and client.
- Download the latest version of the Forge installer from: http://files.minecra....net/.
- Run the installer and select client/server.
- Start Minecraft using the Forge profile.
- Exit the game.
- Download Vanilla Plus above and place it in the mods folder.
- Re-launch Minecraft and have fun!
Report Bugs/Suggestions: http://goo.gl/forms/LYQ4ptXwWR
*Change - Raised Sapphire ore spawn rate
*Change - Lowered Enchanted Ore spawn rate
*Fixed - Ender Gems couldn't be smelted
[Update] Updated to 1.8
[Update] French lang file (Thanks to Ylcool)
[Addition] A single ruby/sapphire/hellstone block can now be turned back into its source material
[Addition] The config can now be changed In-Game through the Forge Mods button on the Main Menu
[Change] Enchanted Ore now has a higher light level
[Change] Reinforced Obsidian now has a lower hardness level
[Change] Balanced various food items' stats
[Change] Balanced Rapid Bow stats
[Change] Increased Air Sword air damage
[Change] Special armor does not show particles anymore
[Change] Scuba armor now only activates if the player is in water
[Change] Magma ore can now be mined with an Iron Pickaxe
[Change] Head fragments will now drop less
[Change] Balanced various tool/armor sets
[Fixed] Rapid Bow 3rd-person animation now works
[Fixed] Hellfire Ore now drops XP
[Fixed] Guardian Ingot recipe was specific to the middle
[Removed] Exp-Translator, Empty Vial, and Exp Vial
[Removed] Rapid Bow information
[Removed] Wooden Door variations
[Removed] Various config options
[Misc] Cleaned up code
[Misc] Cleaned up textures
*Updated Scuba Armor Item Textures
*Updated Sapphire Texture
*Updated Bloated Ink Sac Texture
*Changed Head Fragments to drop from their corresponding mobs instead of grass
*Fixed mod info in the mods tab
*Fixed Skeleton Head recipe with Skeleton Head Fragment
*Added BeeHorseSword spawn options in config
*Added Russian Translation(Please not that it may not be 100% accurate)
*Fixed BeeHorseSword high spawn rate in dungeons
*Added Spanish Translation(Please note that it may not be 100% accurate)
*Added French Translation(Please note that it may not be 100% accurate)
*Changed creative tabs to only Blocks and Items
*Removed test language file
*Added anvil repairs to Obsidian, Emerald, Ruby, and Sapphire armor sets using their corresponding materials
*Added anvil repairs to Obsidian, Emerald, Ender, Purified, Ruby, Sapphire, and Gravel tool sets using their corresponding materials
*Added configurations to disable just about everything (Look in the config for options)
*Changed Magma Ore to require a harvest level of 3(Diamond and better)
*Changed Ender Tools to have a harvest level of 4(Can mine Hellfire Ore)
*Fixed config saying 'Sapphire Recipes' when it should've said 'Emerald Recipes'
*Fixed Toasted Slime Sandwich recipe
*Cleaned up code
*Updated to 1.7.10/1.7.2
*Added Acacia Door
*Added Dark Oak Door
*Changed various names/text
*Changed various textures
*Changed mod logo
*Cleaned up code
*Fixed Various Bugs
*Nerfed Toasted Slime Sandwich to only 8.5 hunger
*Added Cooked-Flesh Config
*Changed Magma and HellFire Ores to catch fire like Netherrack (Never goes out)
*Added Exp-Translator Table (Along with Empty Vial and Exp Vial)
*Added VanillaPlus Achievements
*Increased Chance of getting XP from smelting
*Fixed Middle Clicking on Decor Blocks
*Fixed Game Crash when breaking Decor Blocks
*Removed WIP on RapidBow
*Decreased Spawn Rate for Ruby and Saphhire Ore
*Decreased Spawn Rate for Bee-Horse Sword
*Fixed Bee-Horse Swords teleporting you to the End
*Fixed RapidBow not being in the correct CreativeTab
*Fixed Missing RapidBow Description
*Fixed RapidBow Duribility
*Removed the Secret Eggs
*Updated to 1.6.4
*Fixed Rapid Bow doesn't render as a bow(Sorta)
*Fixed Ender Crystal Ore getting destroyed by Ender Dragon
*Fixed When the Bee-Horse Sword is used, it spawns a ghost stone sword as well
*Fixed Rapid Bow animation not working and sped it up
*Added Config to disable Mob Fragments
*Updated to 1.6.2
*Added Configurations to disable Diamond Rods, Different Doors, and Common Tool Sets Recipes.
*Added Chiseled Ruby Block
*Added Chiseled Sapphire Block
*Added Chiseled HellStone Block
*Decreased Ruby and Sapphire Sword Damage
*Increased Air Sword's Damage
*Added Birch, Spruce, and Jungle Doors
*Added Bee-Horse Sword (Deals HUGE amounts of damage on first hit but then turns into a Stone Sword, Spawns in Dungoens)
*Added Toasted Slime Sandwich (Fills 9.5 Hunger)
*Tweaked the Rapid Bow
*Added a Descriptions to all Weapons
*Added Recipe for Rapid Bow
*Added Diamond Rod
*Added Ruby Block
*Added Sapphire Block
*Added HellStone Block
*Added Toast (Fills 4 Hunger)
*Added Armor Durability Info to Armor Descriptions
*Magma Sword now works as a Flint & Steel if Right-Clicked
*Fixed Rapid Bow not being in the right Menu
*Guardian Armor is Invincible against everything
*Added Rapid Bow (Alot faster than a normal bow) *STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS*
*Fixed Sapphire and Ruby not being able to be mined with an Iron Pickaxe
*Changed SkeletonHead Fragment to SkeletonSkull Fragment
*Increased Spawn rate for Ruby and Sapphire
*Lowered Speed of Gravel Tools
*Added Purified Gold Tools (Same as Gold but with a higher duribility)
*Added Purified Gold
*Added Guardian Ingot
*Removed "WIP" eggs from creative menus
*Added Guardian Armor (Provides Invinciblity from Mobs but Extremely low duribility)
*Changed Reinforced Obsidian's Recipe
*Changed Obsidian Armor Recipes
*Added Sapphire Tool Set(More Uses then Diamond, Faster than Diamond, More Damage than Diamond(Worse than Diamond Armor))
*Added Ruby Tool Set (More Uses then Diamond, Slower than Diamond, More Damage than Diamond(Worse than Diamond Armor))
*Added Scorching Armor (Fire + Lava Protection)
*Fixed any item can be used for fuel bug
*Added Air Tank
*Added Bloated InkSac
*Added Scuba Gear (Gives the ability to breathe underwater)
*Added Ender Gems
*Added Corrupted Ender Crystals
*Ender Armor Protects from Fall Damage
*Changed Air Distance with Airborne Sword
*Added Ender Set (Less Uses than Diamond, Fast as Diamond, More Damage than Diamond (Same as Iron Armor)
*Added Creative Tabs for Different Categories
*Changed Magma Ore Texture
*Changed Golden Feather Texture
*Magma Ore now spawns in the Nether
*Added Ender Crystals
*Added Ender Crystal Ore (Spawns in the End)
*Added Ink Sword (Gives the Wither Effect, Same Duribility as Iron, Same Damage as Stone)
*Fixed Magma Sword not working on Servers
*Added Dead Shrub to Sticks Recipe
*Added Slime Jelly and Slime Sandwich(Fills 7.5 Hunger)
*Added Item Descriptions to Cooked and Seasoned Flesh
*Added Golden Feather (Used to craft Airborne Sword)
*Changed Magma Chunk Texture
*Increased Magma Ore Vein Size by a little more
*Fixed ZombieHead Recipe not working
*Changed Magma Sword Recipe
*Added Enchanted Gem (Used to craft all Specialized Swords)
*Added Color to Sword Descriptions (Thanks to IrunoHatake!)
*Added AirBorne Sword(Flings Living Things into the Air, Same Duribility as Iron, Same Damage as Stone)
*Enchanted Ore now eluminates light
*Added Zombie Head
*Added Creeper Head
*Increased Magma Ore Spawn-Rate by a little more
*Added Item Description to Magma Sword
*Added Gravel Tools (Little Faster than Gold, Less Uses than Stone, Same Damage as Stone, Can only Minecraft Iron and Below)
*Added Compacted Gravel
*Added Flint Compound (Acts as a fuel and burns a little longer than a Blaze Rod)
*Added Skeleton Head Fragment
*Removed Golden Egg from Creative Menus
*Fixed Forge saying Version 0.0.2
*Added Cooked Flesh
*Added Seasoned Flesh
*Added Emerald Set (Faster than Diamond, Has less Uses than Diamond, and Same Damage as Diamond)
*Added Obsidian Set (Slower than Diamond, Has more Uses than Diamond, and Same Damage as Diamond)
*Added Magma Ore Spawn under Level 15
*Added Magma Chunk, can be used as a fuel. Better than lava.
gruntpie224 - Creator/Programmer/Texture Artist/Everything Else BasicallyDr_Mr_Boss - Texture ArtistYlcool - French Translatormerkaba5 -Russian Translator3040wilson2-Spanish Translatormedsal15 - French Translatorjoeeeeee_the_1st - Website CreatorTree_Bek - Programming AssistWolfenbrad - Emerald TexturesDogman1123 - Guardian Armor Item TexturesSiaba_m - Ender Related TexturesWuppyGaming - Helpful TutorialsMinecraft Forge Team - Making it possible
This document is Copyright ©2013-2017 Robert Jewell gruntpie224 and is the intellectual property of the author. It may be not be reproduced under any circumstances except for personal, private use as long as it remains in its unaltered, unedited form. It may not be placed on any web site or otherwise distributed publicly without advance written permission. Use of this mod on any other website or as a part of any public display is strictly prohibited, and a violation of copyright.
- To post a comment, please login.