Is there a 1.7.10 version that works with ropes+? I love both these mods but can't climb ropes with smart moving toggled on. It'd be nice if I could do it without pressing F9
- Registered Member
Member for 6 years, 4 months, and 24 days
Last active Sun, Jul, 10 2016 21:17:40
- 0 Followers
- 14 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Aug 3, 2015Spartaremix1 posted a message on Spider Queen v1.1.0 - Spider queen is back, the way she should have been!Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Quick question that's slightly related to the mod. How do you guys build your bases? Anything special you do to them?
Aug 3, 2015Spartaremix1 posted a message on Crossbow Mod 2 - 100% Customizable! - 250+ Combinations!Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Scopes don't work for some reason. They just remove the UI
Dec 6, 2014Spartaremix1 posted a message on [1.12.2] AliensVsPredator (Alien Covenant, The Predator, Prometheus)No, I'm using v 3.9.14-Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Dec 6, 2014Spartaremix1 posted a message on [1.12.2] AliensVsPredator (Alien Covenant, The Predator, Prometheus)They have unlimited ammo in survival, which makes it a bit easy to spam.Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Dec 5, 2014Tl;dr Make guns good at closer ranges and bad at longer ranges so you can't just spam pistol shots from 100 blocks away.Posted in: Requests / Ideas For Mods
I was looking through the forums and google a while ago and saw that there were no standalone flamethrower mods, and this disappointed me as I'd been hoping to go on an arson spree in my world. If I could code I'd make one myself, but I cannot so I've had time to think. This could be really overpowered if it existed, and here's where I ask what would balance it. I then realized how this could also balance any sort of firearms.
Firearms are generally seen as overpowered (at least in my opinion) in minecraft primarily because they allow you to pick off mobs outside of their detection range with nothing to discourage that. The way I suggest weapons be balanced can be summed up in a few ways.
1. Spread - In real life, you can't charge into a room and spray an AK-47 at every living thing whilst managing to get perfect shots every time. The way I suggest this be fixed is adding a spread mechanic, which will increase over the distance a weapon is fired. So if you fire a shotgun at something 50 blocks away, you'll be lucky if even one of the pellets make contact. I realize this wouldn't balance close quarter combat, but it would be a decent buff to shotguns if every other sort of gun had such a function as well. This would also discourage just crafting a cheap pistol and using it to snipe that creeper knowing that the bullet will be a perfect hit, which in turn might also be a reason to use sniper rifles for what they were designed for. Long range combat.
2. Falloff - Now while the spread may make pistol sniping less viable, this should discourage it even more. Pistols generally have cheap ammo,as do most guns with larger magazine sizes, which just makes them spammable. Damage falloff simply means that damage will decrease over longer ranges. Sniper rifles won't exactly need this, because they're designed for long range and this would be counterproductive.This might make them seem like god-tier weapons with these changes, but I've also thought of that.
3. Discourage Noscopes - This has been a problem in a number of games, people with sniper rifles charge into battle and spam their ammo at people simply because of their high damage. I suggest decreasing damage outside of scoped mode to prevent this. Thus making other breeds of gun more viable at close to mid ranges, and bring sniping back to it's roots. Stealth and accuracy.
4. Some sort of way to discourage quickscoping - Before long, people will discover that it doesn't take long to scope in, click the other button, and get out. I've come up with two ways of dealing with this.
i. Regional Damage - This will probably be harder on the system, but it's simple to understand. Headshots will do more damage, while bodyshots won't deal as much, but still be viable. Disabling headshots on most weapons would be even better because this prevents spam from other guns and get rid of that one guy who fires off a random pistol shot from across the map and gets lucky enough to kill someone with one shot every time.
ii. Charge - Basically, scoping in with a sniper rifle starts to charge it. At no charge, it'll do just as much damage as a noscope, increasing as charge builds up until it reaches it's maximum potential at 100%. Shots in between will also scale with charge respectively. This will be harder to code probably, but I feel it might be a better option for those with lesser computers. This is based off the same mechanic in TF2, which is considered to be quite balanced.
All in all, this should make guns a good addition to minecraft while also keeping them balanced. I hope someone will consider this and hopefully make it a thing. If you have any questions at all, feel free to leave them here or PM me. Thank you for taking the time to read this all.
Dec 5, 2014Spartaremix1 posted a message on [1.12.2] AliensVsPredator (Alien Covenant, The Predator, Prometheus)Is there a way to disable the guns from this mod? I'm planning on using another mod's and I've found a bit of a glitch with these ones.Posted in: Minecraft Mods
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.