- Registered Member
Member for 10 years, 7 months, and 16 days
Last active Mon, Jun, 3 2013 21:59:56
- 0 Followers
- 431 Total Posts
- 11 Thanks
May 4, 2012THE TEAM HAS BEEN CLOSEDPosted in: Mods Discussion
Jun 18, 2012Herobrine is a legend of the game, keep it as it is, and do not try to change it and tell that you saw him. HE IS NOT IN THE GAME! I'm a coder and there is nothing in the code telling that herobrine exist. Im one of the best person who can tell you that herobrine does not exist.Posted in: Discussion
So keep the legend as its, and don't make your own. You are free to tell your own story to your dog, cat, dinosaur, ant, butterfly, sandwich but not here! Not on the minecraft forum!
May 29, 2012Herobrine is a legend, I personnally think its stupid to ban someone because he want to know more about Herobrine. he is only a legend, but making lies about it is not nice. Just keep the legend as it is, and don't bother everyone with it.Posted in: MCX360: Discussion
May 17, 2012Sorry, you MUST be at least 16 years old to join the team. I know its really restrictive but we have to do this in order to make it easier to manage, and also to get the best team experience as possible.Posted in: Mods Discussion
May 17, 2012We are still looking for new member! Take your chance! Even if you think you wont be accepted (because there is a lot of chance that you will be accepted!)Posted in: Mods Discussion
May 13, 2012Posted in: Mods DiscussionQuote from belowextraordinary
Yeah, I was just wondering if any of you needed help along these lines because yes programmers are important, but you guys appear to not be looking at the big picture.I believe a dedicated model maker and a dedicated texture maker are required for any big/highquality mods. Just my opinion. If not I would be happy to do any banner making or something of the sort (also I could do bug testing to help you guys out whenever you need it)
Concerning the arts, we have everything we need at the moment. making 16px X 16 px picture does not require a high level of skills. Every member of the team is able to make their own textures, and if someone can make it, or just don't have any idea, he ask to the other members of the team.
We dont need a modeler, but we do need tomeone to do a sketch for a mob, but I think I have an idea so we are not looking for this kind of people.
Once the project will be announced, we will open our tester positions, but only a limited amount of people would be able to test it, and will have to accept our conditions like no distribution of any copies or informations.
Even if we say that we are not looking for some people, you can always apply on our forum, tyour application will be put in a list where we will go if we are looking for someone (even if the list is not created yet)
I'm sorry for the age and microphone restriction. We made an age restriction because we want mature people (even if its possible to have a 23 years old guy who is really immature) and the microphone is used to make the rest of the application faster.
May 13, 2012Ok, ill try to be more specific when Im talking about an advanced coder. We need someone who can make us some custom animations, a new enchantment a new potion effect that would temporary make the brightness higher, and a randomly generated structure (we call them R.G.S.)Posted in: Mods Discussion
So if you can make this knind of thing, apply!
May 11, 2012The novice position has been taken! So if you wanted us to teach you modding, well, it's too late! But we are still looking for an advanced coder and someone to make us wonderful sounds!Posted in: Mods Discussion
May 9, 2012yes, the first "" represent the first row, the second "" the second rown, and the third "", the third row.Posted in: Mods Discussion
But I think it could be easier to simply do this
"SSS", "SSS", Character.valueOf('S'), Block.sandStone
- To post a comment, please login.
Jul 22, 2011kingbdogz posted a message on [1.7.3] Aether Collaboration Mod - V1.02 - NEW MOBS, FIXES, ITEMS AND FEATURES!The new Aether Thread is open for business.Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Mock-up "CD Case" for the Aether! Created by our talented artist, The5.
Hey guys! If anyone wants to come discuss the Aether mod, you can come over to the IRC channel #aethermod on esper.net. Come chat with the dev's and other Aether-lovers!
If you do not have an IRC client here is how to join the channel with your web browser:
1. Go to http://www.esper.net.
2. Click on "Chat now!" in the top right hand corner. This will go to another page with an input box which has "#" inside it.
3. Inside the input box, type in #aethermod and press connect.
4. The mibbit client will then request for your username, type it in.
5. Have fun chatting!
See you there!
Enjoy and stay tuned!
This mod has literally taken 4-5 months of SOLID development to come to fruition, and we have wasted thousands of hours of our free time to complete this mod. A good way of saying thank you to the developers is to not only download the mod and support the project, but donating a bit of spare money really helps motivate us. Like I said, this project has been developed for an insanely long time, the donations would be VERY much appreciated for our hard work. Thanks!
Sorry for the delay in the patch; the team has been very busy wrapping things up with the new mod version, and of course some of us have to attend to real life. However, we have finally finished the patch, and it is now available for download! Not only have we fixed a huge amount of bugs, but we've also added new features, tweaks and balance changes to freshen up your Aether experience. We've worked very hard on the patch, and so we hope you enjoy what it has to offer.
If you have yet to see the change list for Patch 1.02 of the Aether, you can see it below:
- Dungeon Rewards are now hidden in TooManyItems by default. However, if people would like to spawn them for any reason, you can now disable the hiding code for the rewards by changing "TMIhidden = true" to "TMIhidden = false" in mod_Aether.cfg file. This file can be found in your /.minecraft/config/ folder. DO NOT change "#TMIhidden (boolean:true)" as this will not actually affect the config file, and immediately resets upon opening Minecraft. Instead, change "TMIhidden = true".
- Completely restructured Sound files for the Aether.
- When riding a saddled Moa, a "Jump Meter" will now appear above your Armour defense. This Jump Meter will show you the amount of mid-air jumps your Moa can perform, and also how many are left before it can no longer jump. Thanks to Penumber for the idea.
- Saddled Moas no longer wander around. They stay on the spot when you are not mounted on them.
- Ambrosium Shards now only heal "half a heart". We felt that Ambrosium was too powerful for such a common ore, thus the decision to decrease it's healing powers.
- Gravitite Ore is now much more common.
- Zanite Ore is now slightly less common.
- You can now press "B" on your keyboard to gain a Book of Lore for free. You will gain one according to the dimension you are in (for example, if you are in the Aether dimension you will gain a Book of Lore: Volume 3).
- Placing Lava in the Aether now freezes it into Aerogel.
- Books of Lore no longer appear in Dungeon chests.
- Aerogel no longer appears in Dungeon chests.
- Carved Stone no longer appears in Dungeon chests.
- Lightning Knives no longer appear in Dungeon chests in stacks higher than 16. This is so stacking is no longer screwed up (as the max stack for Lightning Knives is 16).
- When first entering the Aether in Minecraft, you will now gain a Cloud Parachute for free.
- If you hit the Bronze Boss with something other than a Pickaxe, it will now show a message which says "Hmm. Perhaps I should attack this beast with a Pickaxe?" so that new people understand they cannot attack it with other weapons.
- Enchanted Gravitite texture now changed, so as to save Sprite ID's.
- The time taken for Baby Moas to digest their Aechor Petals has now been decreased.
- Life Shards now have a new sprite, to make them look more like "Shards" rather than heart containers.
- Blue Aerclouds have a slightly new colour. It uses a more cyan-like colour now.
- Spawning issues have finally been fixed (Zephyrs and Aerwhales are now less common, and Aechor Plants more common. There are more adjustments, but too many to list).
- Cockatrices and Zephyrs now despawn when on Peaceful mode.
- Aerwhales and Zephyrs now despawn when stuck.
- Fixed the Glowstone Dust description in the Book of Lore: Volume 2.
- Fixed the Glowstone block description in the Book of Lore: Volume 2.
- Fixed the descriptions of some Obsidian items in the Book of Lore: Volume 3.
- Enchanting Golden Darts and Buckets of Poison now works as intended.
- Golden Swets now work correctly.
- Baby Moa's no longer lay eggs.
- You can now configure the spawn rate of Aether mobs in mod_Aether.cfg (/.minecraft/config/). 0 = no longer spawn.
- Aerwhales which were previously set on fire should no longer be in flames. They are also now immune to fire.
- Swets, Aerwhales and Zephyrs now despawn correctly, previously they would not despawn and prevent spawning of other creatures.
- Fixed a bug where Blue and Gold clouds were not generating into the world naturally. Newly explored areas or new Aether worlds will now generate with Blue and Gold clouds.
- Saddled Moas no longer despawn.
- From now on, beds which are placed in the Aether will not explode, and can be slept in as usual. Beds which have been placed prior to Patch V1.02 will still explode. To fix this, just recollect the bed and place it again.
- Bonemeal can now grow Skyroot saplings and Golden Oak saplings. You can also use it on Aether Grass to grow a group of White and Purple flowers.
- You can no longer move the Bronze Boss with the Hammer of Notch projectile.
- Fixed a bug where the initiating a fight with the Gold Boss would cause massive lag spikes.
- Fixed a bug where Black Moa's would only be able to perform 6 mid-air jumps instead of the intended 8 mid-air jumps.
- The Cloud Sentries which are spawned from the Cloud Staff dungeon reward no longer make human "hurt" sounds when damaged.
- Fixed an audio-related issue with Moas and Flying Pigs, where they would build up "step sounds" while flying, and would play them all at once when landing on the ground.
- Fixed a bug where Silver Dungeons were rarer than Gold Dungeons.
- Many more small bugs have been fixed, but there were too many for me to remember them or list them. I can assure you that the above fixes were the biggest.
- Added 3 new in-game soundtracks, all exclusive to the Aether. Thanks to our new composer, Emile, for creating these wonderful pieces! You can hear them in-game, just like any other Minecraft music.
- Unique "Victory" tunes have been added when defeating Bronze and Silver bosses.
- A small "Achievement" tune has been added when completing an Aether achievement.
- When initiating in a fight with a boss, a Health Bar will now appear on the top centre of your screen. The Boss will also have a randomly generated name. For example: "GeneratedName, the Valkyrie Queen".
- Added a new "Flying Cow" mob. While they are nothing too special, they do drop leather when killed. These creatures can be saddled and flown around.
- Added a new "Aerbunny" mob. These creatures are friendly, and will hop around the Aether peacefully. Aerbunnies drop string when killed. This means, with the combined additions of the Aerbunny and Flying Cow, you can now craft Saddles in the Aether without returning to the surface world.
- Added a new "Whirlwind" mob. These hostile entities will throw you into the air when you get too close.
- Added a new "Quicksoil Glass" block. Not only can it be used for building materials, but it also gives off a dim amount of light (and of course, speeds up mobs movement speed while in contact with them). They can be gained by enchanting Quicksoil.
- Added a new "Zanite Block". This is a purely aesthetic block, for the purpose of storage and building materials. It can be crafted with 4 Zanite Gemstones. You can also craft the Zanite Block back into 4 Zanite Gemstones if you would like to regain them.
- Added a new "White Flower" block. These are commonly generated flowers in the Aether. At the moment they are purely aesthetic, but will have crafting purposes in the future.
- Added a new "Purple Flower" block. These are slightly rarer than White Flowers, and can be crafted into 2 Purple Dye items.
- Added a new "Freezer" block. This new block was suggested by one of our fans on the Mantis bug/idea tracker. We thought it was a neat enough idea to implement. Basically, it works very similarly to the furnace in design. However, it uses Icestone as a fuel, and can be used to freeze various different items. For example: you can freeze water from water buckets into Ice blocks, or freeze Cold Aerclouds into Blue Aerclouds. Although there aren't many freezable items and blocks at this stage, the Freezer's use will be hugely expanded in future patches.
- Added a new "Ice Ring and Ice Pendant". When worn, these accessories will freeze all water and lava around the player. They slowly degrade while worn, so they do not last forever. These accessories can be obtained by freezing Gold or Iron accessories with the new Freezer block. You CANNOT freeze Zanite accessories into Ice accessories, only Gold and Iron.
- Added a new "Healing Stone" item. Heals 2 hearts of health, and is stackable. These items can be obtained by enchanting Holystone blocks with your Enchanter. This was implemented to balance out the issues with overpowered Ambrosium Shards.
- Added four new craftable capes: "White, Blue, Red and Yellow". These capes can be crafted with their respective wool colour. Blue Capes can be crafted with any type of blue wool. These capes are purely aesthetic.
- Added four new Dungeon Rewards. One of them is a Bronze Dungeon reward, and the other three are Silver Dungeon rewards.
- Added a completely new "Main Menu" which is interchangable in-game and with the mod_Aether.cfg file. This menu, by default, has an "Aether Theme", with Aether-styled buttons and logos. It will also preview the last point you were located at in your previously played world. All progress made in the menu (time of day, etc) is not actually saved, so when you re-enter the world it will still be at the last point you played. This menu is highly configurable, though, and has a few neat features. We've added three new buttons on the top right hand corner of the screen: "Q" for Quick Load, "T" for Toggle Theme, and "W" for Toggle World. The Quick Load feature allows you to instantly jump into the world that the menu is currently previewing, without ANY loading times. The Toggle Theme feature allows you to switch between the "Classic" style of buttons and logos (which includes the Minecraft logo, etc), or the "Aether" style of buttons and logos. The Toggle World feature allows you to turn world previewing on or off. While world previewing is off, it will display a menu very similar in structure to the normal menu in Minecraft, but you still have the option to use the "Aether" styled buttons and logos with the Toggle Theme feature. However, the only way to use a particular menu by default, you have to configure the menu with mod_Aether.cfg, which can be found in /.minecraft/config/. By default, "aetherMenu = true" means that Minecraft will always load with the Aether styled buttons and logo. If you change that to "aetherMenu = false", your game will always load with Minecraft styled buttons and logos. Additionally, the default "worldMenu = true" means that your game will always preview your previously played world on start up. However, if you change that to "worldMenu = false", your game will always start up with the classic Minecraft menu in normal Minecraft.
The Aether NO LONGER WORKS WITH SINGLE PLAYER COMMANDS. It uses an API called Player API, which basically allows several mods to edit the Entity Player. However, Single Player Commands has not used this new API yet, so you cannot run the two mods at the same time or else it will CRASH. I expect a patch/quick fix will be up shortly!
ADDITIONALLY: The Aether DOES NOT WORK with ShockAhPI r5 and r6, since it directly overwrites Player API (similarly to SPC). However, we have created a new version of ShockAhPI which utilizes Player API. Even though Shockah is currently on holidays, he has given us permission to distribute this version of the API with adf.ly (as he is one of the Aether team members). The new download link for this fixed version will be below. IF YOU HAVE V1.01 CURRENTLY IN YOUR JAR FILE, YOU MUST USE A FRESH JAR OTHERWISE IT WILL CRASH. THE PATCH DOES NOT WORK WHEN SIMPLY PASTING OVER V1.01.
There is also one known bug with the current menu: it seems that, because of the way we load the menu music, it has a 2-4 second stall upon opening Minecraft. It's not a huge delay, but sometimes it may be confused with a blackscreen. It actually isn't, you just need to wait a few seconds for the menu to do its thing.
We've been working quite hard on this patch, and would appreciate any donations from our fans. Anything helps; it's the thought that counts!
The Aether mod V1.02 requires ModLoader, AudioMod, PlayerAPI, and ShockAhPI r5.1.
New SinglePlayerCommands Patch out!
To use SPC with the Aether mod V1.02, first install SPC then use this patch by meiska_:
HOW TO INSTALL VIDEO - STEP BY STEP (V1.01, these videos are outdated!):
Thanks to DirtyMoDz7s for the video!
Thanks to RZGamez for the video!
It's finally here...
One of the biggest projects in Minecraft Modding history is now completed. Five very well-known and talented modders (Kingbdogz, Kodaichi, Shockah, Flan and 303) have joined forces to develop the Aether, a celestial realm found in outer limits of the atmosphere. The Aether is what you could call the "antipole" of the Nether. The Nether is a network of desolate, fiery caverns filled with bloodstained Cobblestone and sticky Soulsand; it lies beneath the very soil of our Minecraft world. The Aether, on the other hand, is a collection of floating plains and islands, all connected together to create a breathtaking dimension of the skies. Even during the night, the Aether is still quite peaceful, and a normal day in the Aether is the equivalent of three days on the surface.
Aerwhales, the gentle giants of the Aether, can be found floating in the horizon, munching on Golden Oaks and strips of Blue Aerclouds as the sun climbs higher in the sky. When the sun falls, Cockatrices crawl away from their well-hidden nests, ready to attack. Peaceful as they may seem, these deadly birds shoot poisonous needles at you when provoked. They are one of the few hostile mobs in the Aether.
The Aether isn't always fun and games though; elaborate dungeons are protected by powerful Guardians and sleeping sentries which await watchfully. They can be found in the sides of massive floating islands, containing locked loot chests with otherwise unobtainable singular items and blocks worth the effort of slaying their key bearing protectors.
Dungeons have three levels of difficulty. Bronze, Silver and Gold; Bronze being the easiest, and Gold being the hardest. This means that the Bronze Dungeon will be easier to handle, but the Dungeon will only yield "good" items. Silver Dungeons are slightly harder, and reward you with much better unique items. Gold Dungeons are extremely hard, but you will be rewarded with incredibly powerful items. These unique rewards CANNOT be obtained any other way.
Moas, peaceful and majestic giant birds, populate the Aether in three different colours: Blue, White and Black. Wild Moas cannot be tamed, but they do occasionally drop eggs of their respective colour. These eggs can be incubated with the Incubator block (using Ambrosium Torches). Once incubated, they can be fed with the Aechor Petals of Aechor Plants. They require 8 petals in total to grow, but are not always hungry and will occasionally refuse your offer (which can be done by right clicking them with the Aechor Petal). When grown, you have now completely tamed the Moa, and a saddle can be placed on their backs to ride. Blue Moas can perform 3 mid-air jumps, White Moas can perform 4 mid-air jumps, and Black Moas can perform 8 mid-air jumps.
Flying Pigs can also be found wandering around the Aether, and occasionally flying freely through the air. These creatures can be saddled with a Saddle, and flown around without having to deal with a taming process. This allows players to quickly hop into the action. However, Flying Pigs can only jump once, and do not have the privilege of mid-air jumps like the powerful flying Moas.
The Portal to the Aether is made out of a Glowstone Frame, and can be activated with a Bucket of Water!
New Accessory System:
We've implemented an entirely new "Accessories System" for the mod. This will include 8 entirely new slots to customize your character. Items such as Pendants, Rings, Gloves, Capes and even special Shields can be worn. Various "Miscellaneous Accessories" can also be worn in the two blank slots.
Above is an example of Accessory items being worn.
Description: Pendants can be worn on your character with the new Accessory System. They are worn over the top of the players skin, so when Armour is worn it will be hidden. Gold and Iron Pendants are simply decorative accessories, but Zanite Pendants will increase your mining speed when worn. Zanite accessories slowly degrade when worn, and the more damage it takes, the faster your mining speed with increase. Zanite accessories also slightly increase your armour.
Description: Rings can be worn on your character with the new Accessory System. Gold and Iron Rings are simply decorative accessories, but Zanite Rings (like the Pendants) will increase your mining speed when worn.
Description: Capes can be worn on your character with the new Accessory System. They are worn on your back and can be seen very clearly when in third person mode. Normal "Swet Capes" (image above) are simply decorative, but one particular Dungeon Reward (which is a cape) has a very useful ability.
Description: Gloves can be worn on your character with the new Accessory System. They are worn on your hands and can also be seen in first-person view. These provide extra protection for the player, and with some special armour sets, are required to activate the "Set Ability".
Description: Aether dirt is the basic dirt in the Aether, and will grow into Aether Grass when exposed to sun light. It is much easier to mine than normal dirt found on the surface.
Description: Skyroot Logs are the main base of Skyroot Trees. They provide the basic essential for your Aether adventures, and can be crafted into four Skyroot Planks.
Description: Skyroot Leaves are the "Leaf" blocks of Skyroot Trees. On chance, they will drop a Skyroot Sapling to replant.
Golden Oak Logs
Description: Golden Oak Logs make up the base of Golden Oak trees. They are embedded with Golden Amber, which can be used to craft very powerful Golden Darts.
Golden Oak Leaves
Description: Golden Oak Leaves are the "Leaf" blocks of Golden Oak trees. They occasionally drop Golden Oak Saplings and Golden Apples.
Description: Skyroot Saplings allow you to replant Skyroot Trees.
Golden Oak Sapling
Description: Golden Oak Saplings are occasionally dropped from Golden Oak Leaves. They can be replanted into Aether Dirt to regrow a Golden Oak tree.
Description: Skyroot Planks can be crafted from Skyroot Logs. They can be used to craft Skyroot Sticks and from there, Skyroot Tools.
Description: Holystone is the common stone block in the Aether, and can be used to craft Holystone Tools.
Description: Mossy Holystone is a rare Holystone block that can be found at the base of an Aether Dungeon entrance.
Description: Cold Aercloud is a very common type of Aercloud found in the Aether. Long strips of them can be found in the formations of clouds. They have very strange properties; while sometimes they will prevent fall damage, other times they will not. Use them wisely, but be wary when falling from large heights. They can also be crafted into Cloud Parachutes.
Description: Blue Aerclouds are slightly rare than Cold Aerclouds, and bounce mobs when coming into contact.
Description: Gold Aerclouds are the rarest type of Aercloud. Alone they do not have any special properties from normal Cold Aerclouds, but they can be crafted into Golden Parachutes which have 20 uses rather than the normal 1.
Description: Quicksoil can be found on the sides of islands. When mobs walk on it, their movement speed is increased. However, it takes a while to build up speed. These can be both a good block to abuse its speed, but also a dangerous block to come into contact with.
Description: Icestone can be found in large chunks, usually on the sides of islands. One placement, they will freeze all water and lava sources around it.
Description: Ambrosium Ore is a common block found in the Aether. It drops Ambrosium Shards, which can be used for Torches, fueling Enchanters, and even healing.
Description: Zanite Ore is slightly rarer than Ambrosium Ore, and can be found on the sides of islands. Zanite Gemstones are dropped from these ore blocks, and can be used for a variety of recipes (including Zanite Tools and Zanite Armour).
Gravitite Ore - Enchanted Gravitite
Description: Gravitite Ore is the rarest ore-type in the Aether, and can be enchanted into "Enchanted Gravitite" blocks. Gravitite Ore, by default, will float up into the air. However, Enchanted Gravitite only floats up into the air when powered with redstone. Enchanted Gravitite is required to craft powerful Gravitite Tools and Armour.
Description: A decorative Pillar block found on the outside of Silver Dungeons.
Description: A decorative Pillar Top block found on the outside of Silver Dungeons.
Description: Ambrosium Torches are like regular torches, just crafted with Skyroot Sticks and Ambrosium Shards instead.
Description: Enchanters are a new type of tile entity which can be crafted. They require Holystone blocks and one Zanite Gemstone to craft. By default, it uses Ambrosium Shards as fuel, and can repair damaged tools or items; the more damaged the tool is, the more fuel it requires. It can also enchant a few existing items into more powerful versions.
Description: Incubators are a new type of tile entity which can be crafted. They require Holystone blocks and one Ambrosium Torch. By default, it used Ambrosium Torches as fuel, and can incubate Moa Eggs into Baby Moas.
Description: Locked Chests are found in Dungeons, and cannot be broken. To acquire their rare lot within, you must obtain a key from the Dungeon Boss.
Description: Decorative blocks found within the Aether Dungeons.
Description: Decorative blocks found within the Aether Dungeons which radiate a small amount of light.
Description: A slightly transparent block which is resistant to all explosions.
Description: Skyroot Sticks are used for several different crafting recipes. They are crafted with Skyroot Planks.
Description: Ambrosium Shards can be obtained from Ambrosium Ore blocks. Not only are they used for crafting torches and fueling Enchanters, they can be used as healing items as well.
Description: Zanite Gemstones are found from the Zanite Ore blocks. They can be used to craft a wide variety of items and blocks (including Enchanters, Zanite Toolsets, and Zanite Armour).
Cloud Parachutes - Golden Parachutes
Description: Clouds Parachutes are items which can be used to safely fall from the Aether. When you transition from the Aether to the Surface (upon falling) the Parachute will automatically activate and drift you down safely. These parachutes are a one use only, and can be manually activated as well. Golden Parachutes do the same, except have twenty uses.
Description: Moas, peaceful and majestic giant birds, populate the Aether in three different colours: Blue, White and Black. Wild Moas cannot be tamed, but they do occasionally drop eggs of their respective colour. These eggs can be incubated with the Incubator block (using Ambrosium Torches). Once incubated, they can be fed with the Aechor Petals of Aechor Plants. They require 8 petals in total to grow, but are not always hungry and will occasionally refuse your offer (which can be done by right clicking them with the Aechor Petal). When grown, you have now completely tamed the Moa, and a saddle can be placed on their backs to ride. Blue Moas can perform 3 mid-air jumps, White Moas can perform 4 mid-air jumps, and Black Moas can perform 8 mid-air jumps.
Description: Golden Amber is used to craft Golden Darts, and can be obtained by harvesting logs from a Golden Oak tree.
Description: Aechor Petals can be obtained from poisonous, purple Aechor Plants, and are used to create Poison Dart Shooters and feed Baby Moas.
Description: Dungeon Keys can be obtained by their respective Bosses. They are used to open the locked chest, which contains the Dungeon's rare loot.
Blue Music Disk
Description: Blue Music Disks can be obtained by enchanting a Green or Gold Music Disk. It will play a new song by author Noisestorm.
Description: Golden Darts can be crafted with Golden Amber, Skyroot Sticks, and Feathers. Additionally, you can enchant and poison these Golden Darts. Poison Darts are not affected by gravity, making it great for sniping down far-distance enemies.
Description: Dart Shooters can be crafted with Skyroot Planks and a Zanite Gemstone. They can also be enchanted to shoot Enchanted Darts, and combined with an Aechor Petal to shoot Poison Darts.
Description: The Skyroot Toolset is the weakest Toolset in the Aether. However, it has one of the best side-abilities, which is to gain double-drops from the blocks they mine and the enemies they kill. The double-drops cannot be abused though, as the Toolset will only return double drops from Generated blocks that have already existed in the world. You cannot place a dirt block and then mine it to get double drops, as it is NOT a generated block, it is placed by the player.
Description: The Holystone toolset is slightly more powerful than the Skyroot Toolset in terms of strength, and occasionally drops an extra Ambrosium Shard upon mining a block or attacking a mob.
Description: The Zanite Toolset is the second most powerful toolset, and has the side-ability of getting stronger the more you use it.
Description: The Gravitite Toolset is the strongest toolset. Normal harvesting tools can right click their respective blocks to make them float up, while the Gravitite Sword can launch mobs in the air when attacking.
Description: Skyroot Buckets can be crafted with three Skyroot Planks. They can collect Milk and Water, but not Lava. They can also collect poison from Aechor Plants, and those Poison Buckets can be enchanted into Remedy Buckets to heal your poison side-effects.
Description: Lore Books can be used to reveal more information about an item or block. Just right click while you have one in hand, and place an item or block in the slot. There are three volumes: One for the Surface, Nether and Aether. The Aether volume can be obtained when you first join the Aether. The rest can be obtained in Dungeon chests.
Description: Victory Medals are items which can be obtained by defeating Valkyries, protectors of the Silver Dungeon. They are used to prove your skills in fighting to the Silver boss.
Description: Zanite Armour has the strength of Iron, but gets stronger the more it is damaged.
Description: Gravitite Armour, when fully worn (with Gloves as well), will give you very high jumps. It will also prevent all fall damage. It are as strong as Diamond Armour.
Description: Above are all the Dungeon Rewards you can get. For the sake of surprise, I will not name or describe any of the rewards, so that you can get the best experience possible when looting Dungeons. You will get better rewards depending on what type of Dungeon you conquer. The blocks which make up a dungeon cannot be mined until the boss within is defeated.
Description: Bronze Dungeons are the easiest of the Dungeons to defeat, but are still challenging and yield very powerful rewards. The Boss within cannot be harmed with swords or projectiles, but instead requires a PICKAXE to defeat.
Description: Silver Dungeons are slightly harder than the Bronze Dungeon, and contain slightly more powerful rewards. These Dungeons are found in the skies as great temples, and are guarded by the humble natives of the Aether; the Valkyries. They will not fight you unless provoked, and honor a fair fight. Beware: not every chest is as it seems.
Description: Gold Dungeons are the hardest Dungeons to defeat, and contain the most powerful rewards and items in the mod. Unlike other Dungeons, the Gold Dungeon does not have any defenders leading up to the Boss; the Boss greets you as soon as you enter the Dungeon. This Dungeon can be found in giant floating mountains with a collection of Golden Oaks on the mountain's top. This Boss in particular cannot be harmed with any item in the game; you must figure out a way to defeat it once you confront it.
Poison Dart Shooter
Enchanting - Blue Music Disk
Enchanting - Repairing Damaged Tools
Enchanting - Gravitite Ore
Support the Aether Mod!
Just copy the code below and insert it into your signature.
Alternative Banners (Credits to Kanza and Divinux!):
- Hozz (for helping me with some Sprites)
- Firehazurd (for the idea of flying whales and moas)
- GreyAcumen + Community (for the idea of the Aether!)
- Kanza and Divinux for the alternate support banners.
~ Stay Tuned ~
Jun 14, 2011Posted in: Minecraft Mods
MAtmos is a sound atmosphere generator for Minecraft. Whenever you play on any multiplayer server or in singleplayer, it looks at your surroundings and generates natural noises as a soundscape, such as birds chirpling in the forest, rumbling noises near a lava lake or wind gusts on a hilltop. This fills out the perpetual silence of Minecraft.
All information and download information has been moved here:
This mod is no longer officially updated, but there are unofficial builds available linked at the top of the Downloads section.
Hurricaaane/MC-Commons on GitHub
Hurricaaane/MAtmos on GitHub
All mods are under WTFPLv2 unless noted otherwise. Redistribute/Modify at will.
No need to ask permission for use of my mod in mod packs, I won't reply, the answer is yes you are allowed to, and I don't care where you use it
Feb 27, 2011Hello! I'm re-vamping this thread to be about general knowledge and such that is useful in the mapping and modding forum.Posted in: Mods Discussion
This page will contain various guides to help you users, old and new alike. If you have written a guide, please send it to me in a PM, with the PM title being (Guide) [insert guide name here]. If it is useful and informative, I will post it here! Also, if you find something wrong or that could be improved in a guide, just post here.
Guide 1: How to submit a helpful, detailed crash report!
There are several things that you should do when submitting a mod crash report to a modder.
1. Include the crash report! If you don't give the modder the crash report and just say "It crashed!" They cannot help you! Copy and paste the crash report on the purple screen.
2. use code tags. This will shorten your post making it easier to read, and thus less of an inconvenience to others.
Here is how to use the code tags.
[code][code]Your crash report here![/code][/code]
or post your crash log using pastebin.
3. Explain when the crash happened and what you were doing at the time! A post containing only a crash report is not helpful, and will likely not get your problem fixed.
4. Be polite! If you go onto a mod thread and say "Omg this mod doesn't work it's , plz help me fix the crash!" Nobody is going to want to help you. Remember, the modders are doing this for free, because they want to!
If you get crashes but have no error to copy then follow this guide to get an error report guaranteed.
To run minecraft from the command line on Windows: Start->Run, enter "cmd". In the command line, enter:
[code]java -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -cp "%APPDATA%\.minecraft\bin\*" -Djava.library.path="%APPDATA%\.minecraft\bin\natives" net.minecraft.client.Minecraft[/code]
Then once the error occurs READ it, see if you can fix it yourself (maybe you forgot a dependency) you can right click > mark > select the error > right click > copy THEN paste it to the thread.
For linux users it's pretty much the same:
[code]cmd-linux cd ~/.minecraft/bin; java -Xms512M -Xmx1024M -Xincgc -cp "minecraft.jar:jinput.jar:lwjgl.jar:lwjgl_util.jar" -Dorg.lwjgl.librarypath="$(pwd)/natives" -Dnet.java.games.input.librarypath="$(pwd)/natives" net.minecraft.client.Minecraft[/code]
How to set your Java environment variable in Windows:
1) Right-click on My Computer (XP) or Computer (Vista/7) in your start menu, and open the Properties window.
2) Click "Advanced System Settings" (in Vista, this is in the Tasks list on the left side of the window).
3) In the System Properties window, click the "Environment variables.." button to open the Environment Variables window.
4) Find the entry for "Path" under your System Variables. If it does not exist, double check- if it still doesn't exist, create a new variable, name it Path, and move to step 5.
5) Edit path's variable value field by adding a semicolon (';') after any text that might be there- if the field is empty, just move on to step 6.
6) Find where you've installed Java. For me, the path is C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_23\bin, but yours may vary. Find out where you've installed Java and add that path to the variable value field.
7) Hit OK on all of the windows you've opened, and your path variable should be saved. If you had any command prompts open before you set the path variable, you will have to close them and open a new command prompt for it to recognize the new path.
You should be able to use java, javac, and other java commands now.
If that's too much for you or it doesn't work for some reason, then you can run Java commands from the directory Java is installed in. So, find where you've installed Java (usually in your Program Files folder) and open the bin folder. Shift+Right-click on any empty space in the folder, and you should have an option to "Open command window here.." Do that and run the commands in the OP as indicated. Note: You'll have to do this every time you want to run java or javac- add it to your path variable so you can run java commands without being in the Java/bin folder.
Mar 1, 2012EDIT:at this time, tags do not work. Keep your titles formatted normally with the tags we had, but also use the tagging system so once it does work you do not have to update again.Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Tag searching seems to works now.
With the recent upgrade to IPB 3.2, you can now use tags to make it so people can search for your topic and similar topics.
Since tags are separated by commas, and not in the title, please use the full word without brackets.
The tags are as follow;
#.# - Current version the mod is compatible with.
Monsters - Adds monsters to the game
Animals - Adds passive creatures to the game.
NPC - Adds interactive entities to the game.
Tools - Adds tools or weapons to the game. This includes armor as well.
Aesthetic - Adds aesthetic blocks or items to the game
Inventory - Alters how players use their inventory
Ore - Adds new ores
Dimension - Adds new dimension
Terrain - Alters terrain generation.
Function - Adds new functions.
Tweaks - Minor visible change to Minecraft. This would include performance upgrades as well.
Industrial - Improved technology.
Redstone - Changes to the behavior of redstone or more redstone items.
Farming - More farming based options.
Food - Adds food.
Transportation - Adds or modifies current forms of transportation.
Trading - Adds a buying, selling, or trading system to the game
Magic - Adds magical/fantasy elements to the game.
Traps - Adds traps/defensive items to the game.
Corruption - Alters blocks around a certain block or creature.
API - A mod that creates an API environment.
SSP - Single Player Compatible
SMP - Multi Player Compatable
Lan - Works over lan but not SMP
If I've missed anything, please let me know.
If you use a tag that is not currently listed, go ahead and add it to your thread, but also make sure to report it here.
Jun 21, 2012Posted in: WIP ModsThe Damned WorldA mod by the Unlimited Bits team
The Damned World is a mod based on the MMO RIFT, it's developed by Unlimited Bits, but if you aren't familiar with it, the basic principal around it being that these dimensional wormholes (see the first picture) appear in the world in the form of Tears, which will grow more and more until they become a fully fledged Rift, which can be one of six different elements depending on the biome, Air, Fire, Earth, Water, Life and Death. These Rifts spawn various types of mobs from other planes, you can approach them and fight them on a stage based combat system, i.e. a bunch of mobs spawn in one stage, and when you kill them all you go to the next stage and more and stronger mobs spawn, in some Rifts there are even Bosses.
If you find our mod presentation here, it's because it is still a work in progress. We have already made a lot of job, but nothing is really finished.
We are here to announce you The Damned World. We will realease information about it slowly, and we can already show you some picture from the game.
If you wan't to see the news before everyone, you can go look on our website here, and subscribe to the newsletter (free!). This way, you will receive an email each time we release new information about the mod.
Here are the pictures!
A Rift. A lot a evil and sometime beautiful thing get out of it.
A Shadow Crystal. Don't get too close, or you'll regret that.
The lexicon! It lets you know the utility of the items! It's like a wiki, but smaller and fit in the giant pocket of our friend Steve.
Don't get near the Shadow Crystal, they don't like you and will steal your cookies
Another rift image, with the rift level and type!!
This is The Attunement Infuser! Making things, that other thing doesnt make!
Now you are asking yourself this question: "Who are the guys that make this mod?".Here is the answer!
The mod is made by 2 members of the Unlimited Bits modding team, Snake, a 17 years old Quebecers, and Vazkii, a 15 year old guy that live in Portugal (P.S. He is awesome!!).
If you have any knowledge, in any domain that could help us(programming, texturing, making banners(maybe later)), you can fill an application on our forum.
We also made a section in our forum where you can discuss about the mod, simply click on the appropriate link above!
Banners!Made by Vazkii, edited by Snake.
Special thanks!Himelek for making us soundtracks!Skullazy for making us soundtracks!chicken_bones for letting us use his lightning code!
The message of the end; We are in no way associated with Trion World Inc. or any of its partner. We are an independent team. The mod is also not the Minecraft version of Rift. We took inspiration in it, and mostly used our imagination to create its features. We also got idea from different books, games and movies.
Jul 21, 2012Pluto011 posted a message on Lawsuit Filed Against Mojang - This Time, For Obscure PatentLol what a useless sueing. It's the equivalent of saying Ima going to sue Microsoft for violating my patent on electricity.Posted in: Minecraft News
Jun 3, 2012Nerd_Boy posted a message on [1.3.2] Mod Update Manager 2.3.1: The Customization Update! [Last Updated: 19/8/12]Posted in: Minecraft Mods
For the love of all that is holly no. I have enought trouble with people not reading the forum post as is. I will not suport any way that allows them to bypass the forum page.
May 31, 2012Gatling_Tech posted a message on "...But I'm from Planet minecraft..." and other sad stories of those who try to get O.P.edone guy called me a hacker because i was flyng [i'm the owner, so i was in creative mode]Posted in: Discussion
i then saw him no-clipping through the ground.
May 29, 2012You have a very simple problem. Your ItemHammer class is not being used at all!Posted in: Modification Development
public static final Item ItemHammer = new Item(461)
What you want is
public static final Item ItemHammer = new ItemHammer(461)
May 29, 2012Oh sorry, "String n" is because I have that item set up for different icons/names for more self-container items, it isn't really neccessary. It's there so I can use the same class for multiple items, essentially.Posted in: Modification Development
- To post a comment, please login.