- Registered Member
Member for 6 years, 6 months, and 21 days
Last active Sat, Jul, 4 2015 00:48:26
- 0 Followers
- 23 Total Posts
- 2 Thanks
Mar 5, 2014Modular Flower PotsPosted in: Minecraft Mods
Note: This mod is superseded by the Garden Stuff collection of mods.
This mod adds a larger flower pot made from hardened clay, and includes stained versions as well. Pots start out empty when first placed, but can be filled with a few different substrates (dirt, sand, gravel, etc). Almost any in-game plant can be put in these flower pots, including double-height plants and crops. Most mod-added plants should also be compatible. Placing pots of the same color and substrate next to each other causes them to join into a continuous planter.
All of the stained clay varieties can be crafted into large flower pots. They use a similar recipe to hardened clay pots. Don't blame me if they give your house a 70s vibe.
Showing the current valid substrates: Sand, dirt, podzol, farmland, grass, gravel, soul sand, and water. Only plants compatible with the substrate can be planted. Sand supports cactus, gravel supports mushrooms, etc. Apply bucket of water to dirt to get farmland.
Crops will happily grow in pots without need for external water. Bonemeal accelerates their growth like normal.
Apply bonemeal to saplings to get small ornamental trees based on that sapling type. Does not apply to third party saplings.
Carve beautiful insets into your pots on a pottery table. See pattern config to add even more insets.
Blocks and Recipes
Large Flower Pot: A large flower pot made of hardened clay. Stained flower pots can be obtained by using stained clay. Alternatively, fire raw pots in a furnace.
Raw Large Flower Pot: A soft and malleable pot made of raw clay. You can't plant anything in it, but it's soft enough to carve. Fire it in a furnace. These are cheaper to make on a pottery table.
Carved Raw Flower Pot: A big pot with a beautiful carved inlay, ready for firing. Made from soft clay and a stamp on a pottery table. The stamps can be found in dungeons or traded for with villagers.
Colored Large Flower Pot: A way to get colored flower pots without using pre-stained clay. Also used to color carved hardened clay pots that came from the furnace.
Wood Post: A thinner log. Obtained from small trees or cutting up bigger logs. These will interconnect into structures. Axe recipe will slowly damage axe. Wood-only recipe disabled if some mods present, may be removed in the future.
Wood Post Fence: A fence made from wood posts and rope. Acts as a 1.5-height fence.
Wood: Combine wood posts from your grown trees back into full wood logs.
Soil Test Kit: Right-click on any square with a test kit in your hand to record biome temperature and rainfall data to it. Then right-click the used kit on pots to apply the biome attributes to it. Affects the coloring of affected plants, like grass and ferns. Soil test kits are single-use items, but the used version can be applied to unlimited numbers of pots.
Pottery Table: A place to carve pots. Also a cheaper (but more time consuming) way to craft pots.
modularpots.patterns.cfg: A config file to control the available patterns and how to obtain them. Open the config file for more in-depth information. It is possible to add your own patterns.
This is a Forge-based mod, and requires a version of Forge compatible with the version of Minecraft you are installing the mods for. The same download is used for the client and server. Place the jar directly into the minecraft/mods or mods folders, respectively.
[MC 1.7.10] - Modular Flower Pots 188.8.131.52 (not 1.7.2-Compatible)
[MC 1.7.2] - Modular Flower Pots 184.108.40.206
[MC 1.6.4] - Modular Flower Pots 220.127.116.11 (1.6.2-Compatible)
All past and current releases: Releases Page
Source code: GitHub Project
The source code is available for anyone to inspect or learn from. It's MIT licensed so you are essentially unrestricted if you wish to do anything with it.
Mod Packs: This mod may be included in all mod packs, public and private. Feel free to post about it, but you do not need explicit permission.
Plant Mega Pack
Modular Flower Pots doesn't add any of its own plants. This one adds over 400, most of which can be planted in clay pots. Compatibility is very good across the mod, and we are looking for ways to provide even better interaction in the future. Full compatibility is not present in the 1.6 branch of MFP.
Biomes O Plenty
Modular Flower Pots has mixed compatibility with this mod, though it is being improved in stages. All Biomes O Plenty sapling types are supported for growing small ornamental trees.
Biomes O Plenty: Many plant and decoration types do not render correctly (or do not make sense) to put in clay pots.
Botania: Botania's "special" flowers are invisible when planted in clay pots. This is still being researched, but these plants may just be blacklisted.
vonDoomCraft-style - by druha - Download (128x128)
Complete for versions: 1.6.4.X, 18.104.22.168 - 22.214.171.124
Screenshots: Soil Test Kits, Log Fences, Colored Clay Pots
See also: vonDoomCraft
7/4/2014 - 126.96.36.199:
- Updated to MC 1.7.10 (no general compatibility updates needed)
- Added zh_CN translation (contributed by miguo)
4/3/2014 - 188.8.131.52:
- Fix: Crash when using a high-ID item on empty flower pots.
6/21/2014 - 184.108.40.206:
- Fix: Plants in colored pots pull wrong metadata value
5/22/2014 - 220.127.116.11:
- Fix: Pottery table inventory slots behave more correctly
- Fix: Bonemeal is consumed when applied to compatible plants (Thanks ScottKillen)
- Fix: Planting seeds in a pot no longer crashes the client
- Change: Plant Meta Pack bamboo will not longer respond to bonemeal
4/25/2014 - 18.104.22.168:
- Fix: Crashing when planting Botania special flowers.
- Fix: Planting Plant Meta Pack bamboo only showed a pole.
4/21/2014 - 22.214.171.124:
- Added new crafting recipe for wood posts using axe and wood.
- Disabled double-wood recipe for wood posts when Tinkers Construct is present.
- Fixed standard posts and fences not dropping properly.
- ncompatible Plant Mega Plants are now internally blacklisted.
4/11/2014 - 126.96.36.199:
- Biomes O Plenty sapling / tree support
- Plant Mega Pack preview release support
- Fix: Mod is much more resistant to crashing in unexpected mod interaction
- Fix: Breaking top-half of plants now breaks whole plant
3/25/2014 - 188.8.131.52:
- Breaking Change: Block and item IDs have changed. See warning above for information on upgrading.
- If a plant glows or imparts a status effect when you touch it, these will also be expressed when planted in a pot.
- Automatically integrates with TreeCapitator if present.
- Tweaked some of the thin log connection behavior. They will connect to hard surfaces a little more readily.
- Remove water from a pot with an empty bucket.
- Remove soil from a pot with a shovel.
3/23/2014 - 184.108.40.206:
- Critical Fix: SMP server crash when loading mod.
- Fix: Breaking a plant in a flower pot will drop an invisible 'proxy' block.
3/23/2014 - 220.127.116.11:
- Improved support for Plant Mega Pack mod
- Additional recipes to dye pots and craft wood posts from logs
- Can set farmland substrate with farmland block or using a hoe, in addition to water bucket
3/21/2014 - 18.104.22.168:
- Villagers will occasionally offer trades for pattern stamps.
- Fix: Breaking pots in creative mode no longer drops extra items.
3/20/2014 - 22.214.171.124:
- Added carved pots via new crafting mechanic
-- Craft a pottery table with a crafting table and clay ball
-- Use a clay block on the pottery table to create a raw large clay pot
-- Use a raw large clay pot on the pottery table with a pattern stamp to create a carved pot
-- Fire the carved pot in a furnace to turn it to hardened clay
-- Use a hardened clay pot on the pottery table with dye to color it
-- Pottery table can store up to 12 pattern stamps, and displays their patterns
-- Pattern stamps are an uncraftable item that can be found in dungeons
-- 9 patterns available in this release; more may be added later
- modularpots.patterns.cfg config file added; allows adding even more custom patterns.
- Fix: wood recipe for black oak and acacia
- Fix: Sapling dupe bug when growing a small tree
3/12/2014 - 126.96.36.199:
- Fix pots "disconnecting" when noncompatible pots are placed next to them.
- Change snapping behavior of wood posts along ceiling.
- Fix rendering bug with large pot icon.
- Change icon of wood post fence.
- Add soil test kit item to collect biome data and apply it to compatible potted plants (ferns, grass)
3/9/2014 - 188.8.131.52:
- Fixes crash with planting third party mod plants that do not properly implement IPlantable contract.
- Vanilla saplings planted in pots can be grown into ornamental trees using bonemeal.
- Trunks from ornamental trees can be crafted with string to create wood post fences.
- Wood posts will connect in some configurations to make structures.
3/6/2014 - 184.108.40.206:
- Adds water as valid substrate. Can place lily pads and other valid water plants on it. Apply a bucket of water to the pot to fill it.
- Adds farmland as a valid substrate. Crops are now restricted to farmland. Apply a bucket of water to dirt or podzol substrate to convert it to farmland. This will not consume the water in the bucket.
- Can attach blocks to sides of pots.
- Hitboxes and collision detection of plants are now plant-specific.
- Block attributes are tweaked. Mainly hardness.
3/5/2014 - 220.127.116.11:
- Initial release
4/2/2014 - 18.104.22.168:
- SRG-reobfuscated mod to allow MC 1.6.2 compatibility.
3/13/2014 - 22.214.171.124:
- Initial port of mod from 1.7.2 to 1.6.4.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.