Well, I met the requirements to advance to stage 2 yesterday, but I wanted to do some detailing. I started in an Ice Plains Biome, and had to go far and wide to get some materials. (I did get lucky and found a village with a furnace, allowing me to make some torches.)
Here's what my small village looks like at the end of Stage 1
- You must own at least 3 dwellings to live in, made from any material allowed and it must be safe to sleep in. CHECK
- Each dwelling must contain:
- A front door CHECK
- A living area CHECK
- 1 Bedroom with at least 1 bed, must be a seperate room with a door or on a separate floor. CHECK
- A bed for each player participating, which must be in a dwelling (I'm the only one participating) CHECK
- A fenced off (or otherwise protected), working wheat farm that must have at least 20 wheat (total) growing (1.9 or higher) CHECK
- 4 stack of 64 planks (or 1 stack of 64 wood) per person participating CHECK
- 10 items of edible food per person (e.g. 10 porkchops, 10 mushroom stews, 8 mushroom stews and 2 porkchop etc.) CHECK
EDIT2: Only died twice during the first stage, and both were due to AFK's.
Stage 2 complete! Kinda lollygagged on this one, but it went well. I died several times more than with Stage 1, including an amusing accidental suicide where I tried to /kill a server member who said, "Kill me" in chat, only to forget that in Vanilla, /kill isn't targettable. I plan to build a graveyard in stage 3 to clean up all these rotting corpses.
But I digress.
Requirements to advance:
- At least 3 watchtowers/sentries must be constructed outside of the town. CHECK (Kinda. They were well outside of town when I started on this stage. >>;)
- A total of 5 houses constructed (according to stage 1 specification) CHECK (I assume this means total from all stages. I have 6, though)
- Animal pens must be constructed for chickens, cows, pigs and sheep, where each contains at least 2 of the same animal (1.9 or higher only, unless you want to do it anyway) CHECK
- A town hall must be constructed, which must contain: CHECK
- A front door CHECK
- A meeting room CHECK
- A town treasury CHECK
- At least 1 other room (can be empty) CHECK (Library/Archive Room!)
- At least 2 community structures must be constructed (excluding town hall, watchtowers/sentries and stage 1 structures) e.g. library, inn, baths/pool house etc. CHECK (Bathhouse and Jail!)
- Paths must be created linking the town hall to each Farming District structure. (excluding watchtowers/sentries) CHECK
Treasury must contain: CHECK
- 3 stacks of cobble/stone per player
- 10 items of 2 (or more) different edible foods per person (totalling 20 items of food per person) e.g. 10 porkchops and 10 mushroom stews or 10 porkchops, 7 fish, 3 mushroom stews.
- At least 1 of each:
- Stone Sword
- Stone Pickaxe
- Stone Shovel
- Stone Axe
- Stone Hoe
- Stack of 64 torches
- Leather helmet
- Leather Chest Plate (1.9 or higher)
- Leather Leggings (1.9 or higher)
- Leather Boots (1.9 or higher)
A screenshot from the top of the Town Hall, mostly because it's from the same angle as the screenshot from stage one!
I'm captioning these without looking at them, but I think this is from the east guard tower.
And this is from the south guard tower.
The bath house!
The jail! Notice the bars are made of wood. They'll be replaced with iron later. For now, we're hoping the prisoners won't, like, lean on them too hard.
And that's it. ONWARD AND UPWARD!