Hahahah, this looks fun. Also make some piston engine of some sort and see it working. :smile.gif:Quote from justin55555Ye, chests, tables, furnaces, etc should be usable to XD, but maybe chests only have 1 row if possible, or full i don't think it matters really. And it would be epic to be able to put a boat on the water, small version, not ridable but just whach it float there, and a minecart on a minerail and just wach it zoom around. Kids entertainment? XD
- Registered Member
Member for 10 years, 7 months, and 27 days
Last active Sun, Feb, 8 2015 23:17:39
- 0 Followers
- 592 Total Posts
- 102 Thanks
Nov 11, 2011Shykary posted a message on Little Blocks Mod [184.108.40.206] Creation contest! [770KDLs]Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Feb 1, 2011Shykary posted a message on [1.2.3] Kaevator mods: Slopes, Wooden frames, WallpapersThis... is... AWESOME! What the fruc, I just saw a lot of awesome mods today. You guys are inspirited!Posted in: Minecraft Mods
- To post a comment, please login.
Oct 10, 2011Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Have you ever wished minecarts and rails had received a bit more attention during development? Well that ends now! Gone are all those broken bits and in their place are a ton of new tools to build your massive rail system. If you ever cared about rails, you wont ever look back!
- Crowbar - Rapid rail adjustment for the experienced rail engineer!
- Working Signaling System - Never experience another head-on collision again!
- Cart Linking - Make a real train!
- Boarding and Holding Rails - Never chase your minecart again!
- One Way Rail - Carts going the wrong way? Not anymore!
- Control Rail - Power entire sections of track to propel carts in the direction you want!
- Junction Rail - Putting the diamond in your rails (no actual diamonds required).
- Launch Rail - I can see my house!
- High Speed Rails - Get there faster! If you don't crash.
- Wooden Rails - Jurassic Park style, only with creepers instead of dinosaurs.
- Elevator Rail - Go up, fast.
- TNT Cart - Explosive fun!
- Tank Cart - The easy way to transport fluids!
- Energy Cart - Convenience away from home, bring your IndustrialCraft2 power with you!
- Tunnel Bore - Avoid the monotony of digging perfect tunnels!
- Detector Blocks - More freedom to control your carts!
- Loader/Unloader - Move items and liquids automatically!
- Cart Dispenser - Convenient storage for you carts!
- Chunk Management - Automate things even when you are not around!
- Module based system that lets you remove the parts of the mod you dislike.
- Extensive configuration file that allows you to disable any block or item or change the way rails are crafted.
- Full Multilingual localization support.
- New Minecart Physics
- Rebalanced drag rates for carts - Now your storage carts will actually reach their destination!
- Completely new collision code - Carts can now push other carts, furnace carts are almost not useless!
- Various Tweaks
- Names of default minecarts simplified.
- Improved lighting on minecarts.
- Minecart reversal recipes. Separate that chest from that cart.
- All rail recipes completely reworked to make an entire industry out of building a railroad. What good is Buildcraft with nothing to build? (config option)
- Minecarts now have a max stack size of three. (config option)
- Minecarts no longer break into separate parts when destroyed. (config option)
- Minecarts no longer collide with items at normal speeds. (config option)
IRC: #railcraft (esper.net)
Warning: The information below is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see the wiki support page or the Issue Tracker for more complete information.
- TMI/NEI - If you experience odd behavior when using TMI/NEI to spawn in blocks and items from Railcraft, please don't post it in this thread. It just adds confusion. Thanks.
- Zombie's Modpack - You must use the Forge compatibility patch provided in the Zombie thread.
- ID Resolver - Don't change the id of the basic minecart, chestcart, or Furnace Cart items. If you get normal rails when placing advanced rails delete your ID Resolver settings and start over.
- Singleplayer Commands - If SPC is installed you may be unable to break minecarts and Bore Heads break instantly. Seems to be related to commands such as /instantkill and /itemdamage.
- Steve's Carts - Fully compatible. Find it here.
- Minecart Speed Recorder - Should work. Find it here.
- Trains Mod - Mostly compatible. Find it here.
- Other Mods - Most mods that are Forge compatible should work fine. If a problem occurs it can most likely be fixed once identified.
Some things in the mod:
See wiki for full listing.Vanilla Rails:
New recipes, same old rails.
- Powered Rail
- Detector Rail
- Locking Track
- One-Way Rail
- Control Rail
- Launch Rail
- Priming Rail
- Junction Rail
- Switch Rail
- Elevator Rail
When unpowered these tracks will grab and hold onto any cart that passes over them. And unlike Booster Rails, the cart can't be pushed off. Additionally, when placed the rail will have an arrow on one side. When an unpowered rail with a minecart on it becomes powered, it will launch the cart in that direction.
When unpowered these rail behave like normal rails. But when they receive power they will reverse the momentum of any cart travelling in the wrong direction. Some momentum is lost of course.
These rails act like weak boosters that only boost carts in one direction. Any carts travelling in the opposite direction will be gradually slowed. Powering them will reverse the direction of the rail. They are cheap to make and will propagate power for up to sixteen blocks in either direction.
Maybe not very realistic, but a ton of fun anyway. This rail will launch any cart that passes over it into the air. Launch force can be adjusted by right-clicking on the rail with a Crowbar.
This rail will light the fuse of any explosive cart that passes over it. Fuse length can be adjusted by right-clicking on the rail with a Crowbar. Fuse length is measured in 1/20ths of a second.
This rail will allow you to place "diamond" junction crossings.
This rail will allow you to create true turnout switches when combined with a Switch Motor.
Original code, concept, and texture by DizzyDragon
This rail is unique in that is can be placed vertically. When powered, it will power all the rails below it. Powered rails will lift minecarts up, unpowered rails will lower minecarts down. When a minecart reaches the top it will be pushed onto any normal rail located on the block above. The rail also doubles as a ladder.
This collection of rails is a little different from normal rails. Any carts travelling on these rails can travel three times faster than normal, but only in a straight line. Additionally, attempting to leave these rails without first slowing down will likely result in death and destruction. Collisions are bad too. Please sign the wavier before boarding.
See the wiki for more information.
- Speed Rail
- Speed Switch Rail
- Speed Booster Rail
- Speed Transition Rail
The basic high speed rail. They are made from a special iron-gold laminate rail mounted on stone sleepers and are capable of handling up to three times the speed of normal rails.
This rail will allow you to create true turnout switches when combined with a Switch Motor. Attempting to turnout at high speed is not recommended.
These rails will boost the cart when powered or slow them to normal minecart speed if they are not.
These directional rails will only boost carts in the direction of the arrows and only when powered. Carts travelling in the opposite direction will be slowed to normal minecart speeds.
For the leisurely tour routes, these new rails will give your passengers time to admire the scenery.
- Wooden Rail
- Wooden Switch Rail
- Wooden Booster Rail
- Wooden Junction Rail
The basic wooden rail. Capable of making corners and traversing slopes. Functionally equivalent to normal rails, only with a lower maximum speed (for safety reasons).
This rail will allow you to create true turnout switches when combined with a Switch Motor.
Functionally equivalent to Powered Rails, but in wooden rail form.
Functionally equivalent to Junction Rails, but in wooden rail form.
- Tank Cart
- TNT Cart
- Tunnel Bore
This cart can store and transport any Buildcraft liquid. It is filled/emptied at a Liquid Loader/Unloader. It's capacity is the same as a Buildcraft Tank, 16 buckets.
The ever popular explosive combination returns. Handle with care. Will explode if jarred or lit on fire. Great for parties. Can be used as a substitute for cannonballs or fireworks in a pinch. Fuse length can be adjust with a string. Fuse length is measured in 1/20ths of a second.
Bores a 3x3 tunnel and lays rails, see the wiki for more information and the Bore Head recipes.
If you are using any mods that add blocks to terrain gen, you will probably need to edit the Railcraft.cfg file and add their block IDs to "tweaks.minecarts.bore.mineableBlocks". Ores added to the Forge Ore Dictionary are automatically mineable.
- Concrete Block
- Wooden Post
- Iron Post
- Stone Post
A simple block that matches Stone Posts.
A multi-purpose wooden framework capable of being used to create trestles, signal mounts, bridges, fences, telephone poles, etc...
A multi-purpose iron framework capable of being used to create trestles, signal mounts, bridges, fences, etc...
Can be painted different colors by surrounding any kind of dye with eight iron posts of any color.
A multi-purpose stone framework capable of being used to create trestles, signal mounts, bridges, fences, telephone poles, etc...
Due to the complexity of Signals, most of the information is only available on the Railcraft Wiki. Signalling would be a good place to start.
- Coke Oven
- Detector Block These Detector Blocks will detect any minecart that passes adjacent to them. They can be placed under or beside rails. They will only provide power in the direction with the light.
- Detector - Storage
- Detector - Powered
- Detector - Any
- Detector - Player
- Detector - Empty
- Detector - Mob
- Detector - Animal
- Detector - Explosive
- Detector - Advanced
The Coke Oven is an integral part of Railcraft as it produces Coal Coke and Creosote Oil when fed Coal. It is constructed out of 26 Coke Oven Bricks as a 3x3 cube with the center block missing. Please see the wiki for more information.
This detector only triggers on storage carts.
This detector only triggers on powered carts.
This detector triggers on any cart.
This detector only triggers on carts with a player in them.
This detector only triggers on empty carts that can be ridden.
This detector only triggers on carts with hostile mobs in them.
This detector only triggers on carts with animals in them. Has a GUI that allows you to select certain animals.
This detector only triggers on explosive carts.
Uses a GUI to select which carts it detects.
- Switch Motor
- Cart Dispenser
- Liquid Loader
- Liquid Unloader
This block will fill any storage cart beneath it with the items from an adjacent block with an inventory (Chest, Furnaces, Unloaders, etc...). Buildcraft pipes can also supply items directly to the Loader's own hidden, internal inventory slot. When the cart is full the Loader will send out a redstone signal. The recommended setup is a Boarding Rail placed beneath the Loader. This rail will be automatically powered by the Loader. If you right-click on the Loader it will open a GUI with two options: "Wait if cart is empty", and "Wait till cart is full". If "Wait if cart is empty" is true, then empty carts will wait at the loader until they've received at least one item. If "Wait till cart is full" is true, then the cart will wait until it is completely full before moving on.
This block will empty the contents of a storage minecarts inventory into a hidden, internal inventory slot. From there the items will be moved to adjacent blocks with inventories (Chest, Furnaces, Loaders, etc..) or can be piped out using Buildcraft. It will only empty carts that pass over the Unloader. The recommended setup is a Boarding Rail placed on top of the Unloader. The Unloader will send out a redstone signal when there is nothing to unload from the cart. If you right-click on the Loader it will open a GUI with one option: "Wait till cart is empty". If "Wait till cart is empty" is true, then the cart will wait until it is completely empty before moving on, even if there is no more room to place items.
Combine with Switch Rails to create true turnout switches.
Triggers on a positive redstone pulse and can store up to three carts. When triggered it will collect any minecart in front of it, or if there is no minecart and it has a cart in the inventory, it will place a cart on the rail.
This block will fill Tank Carts below it with any liquid piped into it. It has an internal capacity equivalent to four buckets. Otherwise it functions similar to your basic Loader.
This block will empty Tank Carts above it into its internal reservoir. From there the liquid can be piped out with a Buildcraft Waterproof Pipes. It has an internal capacity equivalent to four bucket. Additional, if you put a bucket in the Filter slot of the GUI, the Unloader will only empty carts carrying the same liquid as the bucket. Otherwise it functions similar to your basic Unloader
- Wooden Tie
- Wooden Railbed
- Stone Tie
- Stone Railbed
A multi-purpose tool any rail engineer should carry. It makes removal of old rails a breeze and even works on Detector Blocks and Loaders. Additionally, right-clicking on a rail will allow you to adjust the rail. Most of the time that means reversing the rail's direction, but some rails will open a GUI. Right-clicking blocks that have an orientation will turn the block to face the side clicked on.
Your basic railroad tie. Created using Creosote Oil, which you get from cooking Coal or Wood in a Coke Oven.
Every rail need support.
A more sturdy sleeper for more advanced rails.
Stone is better than wood.
Notes on the Furnace Cart:
Thanks to the new collision code, Furnace carts can push other carts. It has been tested with up to five carts. The results indicate that while it can push up slopes and around curves, there are occasional glitches in which it will lose a cart or reverse directions. Mobs or items on the rails are often the cause, but sections with both slopes and corners can be a problem too. More work will be done to solve these issues, but for now I recommend well lit straight tracks with few elevation changes and something to keep the sheep and chickens away.
- New Rails - Yes, more are coming, but I'm taking ideas too! Most of the following ideas were provided by users.
- Trap Rail - Similar to Suspended Rails but will drop the cart if powered by redstone.
- Hidden Rail - A block that can be submerged in water or lava or pushed by pistons that possesses a retractable rail on top. (No this does not mean you can run minecarts underwater).
- Steam Bridge - A Steam Powered Bridge that can extend/retrach.
- More configuration options.
- Addons for other Forge mods.
- Improved rail rendering, someday.
Servers Running Railcraft
Servers running Railcraft can be found here.
Texture packs for Railcraft can be found -currently unavailable-
Banners by serialtasted:
- Check the wiki for more detailed instructions on how to obtain support.
- If installation failed, DO IT AGAIN WITH A FRESH JAR!
- If you are using the Technic Pack, you will have to go ask them if you have issues. I don't offer support for Technic Pack users.
- Do not install any other mods until you know Railcraft is working and installed properly. This will help me know if the problem is a conflict with another mod. Once you are sure everything works with just Railcraft installed, add your other mods one at a time and test thoroughly after you install each one. The more information you have when you come to me with your problem, they more likely it will be that I can help you.
- If you still have a problem, post your ForgeModloader-xxxx.log and/or crash report here along with a thorough description of your installation procedure and the problem. Helpful information includes version, SSP, SMP, or Bukkit, and OS. Please use spoiler and code tags when posting crash logs. If you don't post the ForgeModloader-xxxx.log. I cant help you. Period.
- The Forge Team for the awesome API.
- Forecaster for being all around awesome and creating the Boiler Calculator.
- smbarbour for the awesome Bukkit ports.
- Direwolf20 for the excellent videos and occasional bug hunting.
- Jeet for excellent videos and many ideas.
- Bechill for helping get the wiki and IRC off the ground.
- DizzyDragon for allowing me to incorporate the Elevator Tracks.
- Foreplaying for the great Overalls texture.
- Azanor for letting me use his Goggle texture as a base for the Trackman's Goggles.
- eragonn1490 and KingLemmingCoFH for suggesting API improvements.
- Chicken_bones and mistaqur for NEI support.
- SirSengir for the Railcraft Forum.
- xXxN4BxXx, Cassiobsk8, francogp, AskaRa, Vexatos and others for translations.
For the complete list of legal info, please see Legal Info at the Railcraft Wiki.
Jan 15, 2012piedudeaus posted a message on Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders [compatible with Minecraft 1.12.2 via OptiFine]A few screenshots I took when testing this amazing mod! Cant wait for the update to do a review! :smile.gif:Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Nov 20, 2011It's Mr. Out-of-nowhere patch-for-Minecraft again. If someone hasn't posted it yet, here's a self-serve (you don't have to wait for servers to fix it) client-side fix for the "Invalid server key" error.Posted in: Minecraft Mods
If you find the fix useful, please reply with a thanks or something to keep the thread available for others to see! Thanks.
Replace this file: http://www.sk89q.com/content/2011/11/abp.class
(Don't forget to delete everything inside the META-INF folder of minecraft.jar, except for the MANIFEST.MF file.)
If you really want to donate to me: http://www.sk89q.com/donate
The bug is actually caused by (another attempt...) at fixing this exploit:
It attempts to check if the server key is valid by attempting to parse the server key as a long, but there's an error that makes this fail (attempt to parse an unsigned long, causing overflow). I've changed this to a simple check to make sure that the server key is a hexadecimal number.
A bunch of moderators told me last time that my last thread kept getting reported, so check out the post I linked above (which I posted). That was moderator-approved. Oh, I also make WorldEdit, WorldGuard, CraftBook, and a few other things.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I get "java.lang.SecurityException: SHA-256 digest error for abp.class".
Delete the signature files in META-INF/ (the two files besides MANIFEST.MF). They tell Java to verify that the game files aren't modified, which is exactly what we're doing!
I get "Outdated server" instead after installing this patch.
The server you are joining is still running 1.8.1! You can't do anything about that, except to revert back to 1.8.1 (you did save it, right?).
After installing, I still get this error.
If you didn't mess up, it's because my valid key check is still a bit restrictive. I'll have to look into that if Minecraft doesn't get a fix soon (which it may). For the technical people, the current regex is ^\-?[0-9a-fA-F]+$
How do I install?
First, if you use Windows, try this installer:
Basically, you install it like every other mod:
- Open up the minecraft.jar file with a ZIP program, because .jar files are secretly .zip (on Windows, type %APPDATA%\.minecraft\bin in Windows Explorer to find this file, on Linux, it is in ~/.minecraft/bin, on Mac OS X I have no clue)
- Copy the downloaded abp.class file into minecraft.jar and replace the existing file.
- Go to the META-INF folder and delete everything except for MANIFEST.MF. The files you delete tell Java to make sure that Minecraft's files have not been modified, but that's what we're doing!
Oct 29, 20111123v posted a message on Little Blocks Mod [220.127.116.11] Creation contest! [770KDLs]I demand someone to make there house with these a give us a tour!Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Oct 3, 2011Zombielogic posted a message on [1.6.2/1.5.2][Forge][SMP]ComicRetrolution's Craftory Mods: Farming and much more! FishCraftory Beta available! (Updated Aug 18thone, epic mod got all three running, two, we need to be able to cook the fish, and third, we need more stuff to cook with the veggies and stuff ya added. Ya added alot of possible dishes ya could cook and all of them could add lot of hunger points back.Posted in: Minecraft Mods
- To post a comment, please login.