Still bored stuck at work. So here goes another one.
Once again this is based off of the D&D post which I will link later once I'm on a pc.
This Dimension would be something along the lines of the "Lost Cities" dimension, if somewhat scaled-down possibly and a bit more intricate,or somebody could decide to add to the Lost Cities and make this idea like an expansion.
The description of the dimension would be kind of like Redstone City from Minecraft story mode. Think "lots of pointless inventions using Redstone." Everything should be mechanical in some way, doors, torches, blocks, and even mobs. The idea is steampunk world and this gives a chance for alot of fun reskins of normal minecraft things.
As far as looks everything should be brassy/copper and iron looking. Probably no actually useful metal blocks so people don't just tear the world down, only decorative metal appearing blocks.
- Mobs should be robotic, mechanical, steam powered looking so I'd like at glimmars steampunk resource pack for the basis, this could mean robo creepers, wind-up steam zombies, decayed droid skeletons, Tin man Testificates.
- This mod would give people a chance to make basic versions of classic modded MC machines like grinders and washers and faster metal furnaces in a more vanilla way.
- This also adds a way to make some fun basic guns and throwables. Make Redstone revolvers and muskets or flintlocks. Easy to balance as more ammo means faster but lower damage, and make them resource intensive and have ammo have low stacks so they're cumbersome. Grenades or canasters can just be reskinned potions with extra effects.
- To avoid dealing with world Gen since untouched wilderness doesn't mix with the idea of industrial revolution why not make it sky lands? This makes air travel a limiting factor for progression and can allow a more linear and streamlined play through.
- Air travel basics with balloons or dirigeables with thick cloth or sponges mixed with Redstone and flint.
This mod would also add a basic place for mod pack makers to throw scifi and futuristic things rather than in the overworld so you don't end up with spaceships next to a farm hut with cows.