- Registered Member
Member for 10 years, 5 months, and 18 days
Last active Wed, Jun, 19 2013 14:50:56
- 0 Followers
- 29 Total Posts
- 1 Thank
Dec 17, 2012Ross_Varn posted a message on Acaethys - Post-Apocalypse Fantasy Survival ServerIf you want to have a decent- nah, not decent, brilliant- place to RP on Minecraft, we want you to join us. The name is Ross, and Oloth and I have many things planned for the future of this server, stuff that you've never seen before. The adventures of Acaethys are going to be unforgettable. Give it a shot. We'll see you there.Posted in: PC Servers
Sep 15, 2011To be honest? You guys are ridiculous. I had an ear-to-ear grin when I read Notch's article on 'fear'. The mob isn't quite as scary as I expected it to be, but it still seems to fit the bill.Posted in: Survival Mode
These guys will add a lot to the game, I believe. Keep in mind that this is a "Creative" "Survival" game, mates. From MC's main bloody page: "Minecraft is a game about placing blocks to build anything you can imagine. At night monsters come out, make sure to build a shelter before that happens."
The solution to your fears? Sleep. Sleep will do it. I'd personally prefer a "teleport" at the onset of dawn, despawning them, instead of an ignoble death by fire. I'd find it cool for these to be considered the "souls of the lost", and perhaps they faintly remember what it is to build...
Just remember. Herobrine is still somewhere out there. And perhaps he's the one to have released these Lost Ones.
- To post a comment, please login.
Jun 16, 2012Posted in: Minecraft Mods
The Betweenlands is a mod developed by the Angry Pixel modding group. This large and expansive mod adds a whole new dimension with a plethora of exciting new content that offers an exciting and challenging survival experience.
The Betweenlands dimension is a dark and mysterious realm where strange, monstrous creatures roam amongst the remnants of a long lost civilisation. Do you dare to explore?
Features include -
More information can be found on the mod's CurseForge page and on the official wiki.
- A complete independent survival experience with hours of gameplay
- A whole new dimension to survive in
- Many new creatures and monsters to fight
- Bosses to defeat
- Plenty of unique biomes and structures to explore and loot, from towering fortresses to scattered underground ruins
- An extensive herblore system that allows you to create over 30 unique infusions from 14 different aspects found in plants
- A unique farming system with several new crop types
- Over 300 new blocks to build with, including various machine blocks and a whole lot of plant life
- Over 350 new items, including lots of unique weapons and loot, complete tool and armour sets, plenty of food items, new raw materials, scraps of lore and more
- Over 250 new sounds, including 7 immersive ambient tracks and 33 music tracks
- Lots of new mechanics, including food sickness, corrosion of tools, decay of the player, and a combat circle revolving around 3 new gem items
- Randomly occurring events, including changes in the weather as well as sometimes more supernatural occurrences
- Special built-in custom shader effects to make the worlds look even prettier
- Multiplayer compatibility so you can survive with your friends
- ...and much, much more!
The Betweenlands download
The Betweenlands on CurseForge
The Betweenlands repository on Github
For frequent news and updates, follow @BetweenlandsDev on Twitter
Feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the new stuff? The official wiki for the mod can be found here!
We now also have an official Discord server for The Betweenlands where you can hang out and maybe chat with the developers (we're usually around).Come drop by and say hi!
May 28, 2013Posted in: Minecraft ModsQuote from Ross_Varn
Looks like most of the information on Aether II is pretty scarse. Mods for Minecraft has a blog post here, but it's definitely still in development... if you'll remember, the original Aether mod had that same sort of "dunno when we're releasing" mindset to it- eventually everyone was taken by surprise when it did come out.
They've been updating their Facebook pretty frequently.
They're saying they want to get the alpha out this week, but they're not making any promises.
Jul 11, 2012Posted in: SuggestionsQuote from purpleelephant98
Skeletons are too easy. :/
Hi purpleelephant98. Maybe for you, but consider there are other forum members that may be struggling with Skeletons.
MarvQuote from Kennyful
If you think skeletons are hard with a sword, then you shouldn't be playing minecraft.
Kennyful. Maybe some forum members are not as talented as you and are struggling with Skeletons.
Jan 30, 2012Posted in: Minecraft ModsQuote from goodatthis123
By the way, FlowerChild, have you ever thought about creating a block similar to the companion cube that pokes fun at the new edition of the Ocelot once 1.2 comes out?
Why would I poke fun at perfection? Cats are naturally better than wolves, so they fit right into the mod as is.
Sep 14, 2011Ender pearls should be used to teleport you to your spawn point. That is all. Sort of like a town portal scroll that exists in most roguelike games. They should only be one-way to avoid them being overpowered, and are largely used to escape or to return with loot or run home when starving. This would be even more important if item encumbrance ever becomes part of minecraft (I really hope it does, it could have very cool effects on hunger, running, swimming, and make minecarts more useful!).Posted in: Suggestions
Anyways, if you hold right click with a pearl in hand, for 5 seconds, it should glow brighter and brighter, until eventually it teleports you to your spawn point, standing next to your bed.
I've been thinking for a while now:
Clocks should be able to be right clicked to skip to sundown.
Beds should be right clicked to skip through the night and set spawn point.
Ender Pearls should teleport you to your bed from elsewhere.
This is perfect.
- To post a comment, please login.