I reckon this'll be a staple for me now
- Registered Member
Member for 6 years, 11 months, and 2 days
Last active Tue, Jun, 12 2018 00:41:27
- 0 Followers
- 127 Total Posts
- 12 Thanks
Nov 9, 2013Regginator posted a message on [16x][1.6.2] LordTrilobite's NorseCraft - V2.1.1 ~UPDATED!~have I ever told you how much I love you? @LordTrilobitePosted in: Resource Packs
Jun 28, 2013Regginator posted a message on DayZ Minecraft - 150000+ Downloads - Now Updating to 1.9FIRST!!Posted in: Minecraft Mods
I love this mod had it on my server me and a few friends had a great time!
Apr 30, 2012Regginator posted a message on [16x][1.6.2] LordTrilobite's NorseCraft - V2.1.1 ~UPDATED!~This was one of the first packs i have ever used it is by far my favorite and i still use it every now and then (even though some textures are blank)Posted in: Resource Packs
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Oct 14, 2012Ri5ux posted a message on [1.10.2] AliensVsPredator [Content from Prometheus, Alien: Covenant (SOON)]Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Now updated for Minecraft 1.10.2!
AliensVsPredator is a science fiction, horror, themed Minecraft mod based primarily on the Aliens Vs Predator franchise. It is also based on the two other franchises, Alien and Predator. Due to the fact that Prometheus is a part of the Alien franchise, it has also been included in the mod's content.
Currently, the mod features a large amount of new and unique weapons, mobs, dimensions, items, and blocks. This mod is designed to transform Minecraft into a science fiction horror game. Surviving in Minecraft has never been this hard before. New weapons, enemies and worlds are constantly being added, so, what are you waiting for? Download the mod, warp into the AliensVsPredator universe and start Building Better Worlds today!
Crafting Recipes (Click Here) (1/10/2017)
Current Content (10-7-2017)
Cinematic Mod Trailer
Find more videos on aliensvspredator.org
WARNING - Backup your worlds, this mod may cause unexpected or undesired changes to your worlds.
NOTICE - MDXLib is REQUIRED. You must install it. This mod will crash if you do not install it.
EDIT: Replace "AIRI" with "MDXLib" in the following instructions until they can be updated.
Having installation problems? Verify the following:
- You're using the Minecraft Forge version that is recommended for the build you're on. (Find this on the official website)
- You're using the Minecraft version that the build was built on.
- You're using the required Java version or newer. (Java 7)
- You're using the MDXLib build that you're build was built with. (Find this on the official website)
Modern Banner 2
The AliensVsPredator Minecraft Mod falls under the Microsoft Public License (Ms-PL).
This license governs use of the accompanying software. If you use the software, you accept this license. If you do not accept the license, do not use the software. 1. Definitions The terms "reproduce," "reproduction," "derivative works," and "distribution" have the same meaning here as under U.S. copyright law. A "contribution" is the original software, or any additions or changes to the software. A "contributor" is any person that distributes its contribution under this license. "Licensed patents" are a contributor's patent claims that read directly on its contribution. 2. Grant of Rights (A) Copyright Grant- Subject to the terms of this license, including the license conditions and limitations in section 3, each contributor grants you a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free copyright license to reproduce its contribution, prepare derivative works of its contribution, and distribute its contribution or any derivative works that you create. (B) Patent Grant- Subject to the terms of this license, including the license conditions and limitations in section 3, each contributor grants you a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license under its licensed patents to make, have made, use, sell, offer for sale, import, and/or otherwise dispose of its contribution in the software or derivative works of the contribution in the software. 3. Conditions and Limitations (A) No Trademark License- This license does not grant you rights to use any contributors' name, logo, or trademarks. (B) If you bring a patent claim against any contributor over patents that you claim are infringed by the software, your patent license from such contributor to the software ends automatically. (C) If you distribute any portion of the software, you must retain all copyright, patent, trademark, and attribution notices that are present in the software. (D) If you distribute any portion of the software in source code form, you may do so only under this license by including a complete copy of this license with your distribution. If you distribute any portion of the software in compiled or object code form, you may only do so under a license that complies with this license. (E) The software is licensed "as-is." You bear the risk of using it. The contributors give no express warranties, guarantees or conditions. You may have additional consumer rights under your local laws which this license cannot change. To the extent permitted under your local laws, the contributors exclude the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
[Ri5ux] Lead Developer, Texture Artist, Modeler, Website Management
[Cybercat5555] - Modeler, Texture Artist
- AliensVsPredator Minecraft Mod - Copyright © 2012-2017 ASX
- MDXLib (Minecraft Development Library X) - Copyright © 2016-2017 ASX
- Prometheus Minecraft Mod - Copyright © 2013-2014 ASX
You can re-distribute this content with credit.
You can use this content in mod-packs with credit.
You can upload videos containing this content.
Oct 6, 2013Posted in: Minecraft Mods
"Thaumaturgy... which giveth certain order to make strange works, of the sense to be perceived and of men greatly to be wondered at." - Mathematicall Praeface to Euclid's Elements (1570), John Dee
Thaumaturgy is the capability of a magician to work miracles. A practitioner of thaumaturgy is a thaumaturge, thaumaturgist or miracle worker.
This is what this mod is all about - drawing magic from physical objects in the form of Essentia and reshaping it to perform miracles.
Simply find some vis crystals in the world, mine them and follow the clues.
The first thing you will need to craft is a wand. The first one available to you is the Iron Capped Wooden Wand crafted as shown here (using a stick and iron nuggets):
You then place a bookshelf in the world and right click on it with the wand. This gives you the Thaumonomicon which explains almost everything else you will need to know about Thaumcraft.
Suggestions are welcomed here
Please help support me via Patreon Also go check me out on Twitter @Azanor1 for announcements and such.
Direct Download Links6.1.BETA16 for Minecraft 1.12.2
Older versions6.0.BETA8 for Minecraft 184.108.40.206.4 for Minecraft 220.127.116.11.3 for Minecraft 18.104.22.168.5 for Minecraft 22.214.171.124.1.14 for Minecraft 126.96.36.199.0g for Minecraft 188.8.131.52.5b for Minecraft 184.108.40.206.4c for Minecraft 220.127.116.11.5i for Minecraft 18.104.22.168.4c for Minecraft 22.214.171.124.3 for Minecraft 126.96.36.199.1c for Minecraft 188.8.131.52.1b for Minecraft 184.108.40.206.6d for Minecraft 220.127.116.11.6 for Minecraft 1.1
For ModdersThaumcraft API for 6.1.BETA16Thaumcraft DEV Build for 6.1.BETA16Thaumcraft API for 6.0.BETA8Thaumcraft DEV Build for 6.0.BETA8Thaumcraft API for 5.2.4Thaumcraft DEV Build for 5.2.4Thaumcraft API for 5.0.3Thaumcraft DEV Build for 5.0.3Thaumcraft API for 18.104.22.168Thaumcraft DEV Build for 22.214.171.124If you want a slightly more cutting edge version of the api, go to my GitHub
Language Localization and bug reportsI have set up a Git repository so people can easily add localizations and create issues for bug reports - HERE
Thanks to the following folks for their help with translationsVexatos, jualme, crafteverywhere, Mexahoid, FrancescoDeSa, TheVikingWarrior, Hgmoa, VeryBigBro, avttrue, ferzrrn, RustyXXL, bgh251f2, Egor305, Zaltora, PlatonCraft, XuIIIHuK, Sternes, DancingPeral, GLaDTheresCake, BrunoLG, dmf444, aucunn, tyrope, m9731526
shadydeath created an IRC channel at irc.esper.net:#thaumcraft I check it regularly so pop in if you want to chat.
WARNINGThere is a very tiny chance that updates may break your save. Backup just in case.
Change LogCurrently the Eldritch & Aurmancy tier of research are still heavily WIP. There is some things I need to sort out and balance before I can implement them properly.
Known Issues: There currently seems to be a conflict with the Hats mod and pech. If you are having problems you can either disable pech spawning in the configs, or switch off modded mob hats in the Hats mod.
- fix for clientside particle crash
- fix for aura chunk related crash & cascading worldgen
- arcane workbench should now be able to craft vanilla recipes without the presence of crystals
- fix for chunk loading errors on server start
- fix for seeking projectiles causing client crash
- possible fix for pedestal desync issues during infusion
- fixed moon phase descriptions
- alembic can once again be emptied on shift-right click with an empty hand
- creative flux sponge can now also remove flux rifts
- fixed armor dyes
- fixed arcane bore dupe bug and made its digger radius a bit more accurate when stationary
- vis batteries will now drop when harvested
- pattern crafter now removes the proper amount of items
- fixed possible dupe bug with certain mods combined with arcane bore, seals and breaker focus
- new stuff: vis batteries, vis generator, stabilizer, stock seal
- fixed arcane pattern crafter
- relaxed nbt checking in crucible recipes, infusion recipes and research hand ins to account for other mods that add custom nbt tags
- fixed mod compatibility load order
- fixed an edge case bug where custom recipes from other mods could cause strange results in the arcane workbench
- tweaked amber block/brick recipes
- fixed seal filters to allow non-standard stack sizes. You might want to check all your seal filters to make sure they behave as they should
- API: seal filters now store stack sizes independently of the itemstacks themselves. New methods added to get and set those numbers.
- increased experimentation inspiration cost to 2, but also increased the amount of progress it gives
- fixed custom gui toggle buttons
- seeking focus projectiles are now 56% more seeky
- bouncing focus projectiles can now only bounce off solid blocks
- revamped infusion crafting stability mechanics
- infusion recipes now properly recognize damaged items and will transfer the damage to crafting results where appropriate
- toned down taint poison spawned by certain things
- loads of balance tweaks
- fix some random infusion altar crashes
- fixed thaumatorium crafting that involves the same catalyst not being able to craft multiple different results (for example vis crystal recipes)
- arcane bore properly ejects items into adjacent containers now
- fix for automated crossbows crashing servers when looking for arrows
- fixed arcane workbench using the wrong crystals
- improved grapple gun projectile and increased the range it functions at
- API: changed how item aspects are stored to improve performance and reduce memory when players have a lot of mods
- fix thaumatorium, infusion crafting and golem builder not working
- crucible and infusion recipes are now properly nbt sensitive - fixes lots of issues where items with nbt wasn't properly recognized
- fixed various arcane workbench related issues
- fixed various focus manipulater gui bugs
- foci now work in other dimensions
- reduced casting times for high complexity foci
- fixed crash when trying to determine owner/caster of focus effect
- fixed crash with exchange focus
- fix banner crafting recipes
- rift no longer damage players in creative mode
- items should now be scannable in all inventory types
- focus pouch should be 97% less crashy
- fix filling buckets from everful urn
- fixed some mirror and hand mirror bugs
- fixed crashes related to cultist loot assignments
- cleaned up infernal furnace item handling code. It will also no longer destroy smeltable items if its internal inventory is full. The items will just sit on top till space opens up. Non-smeltable items are still destroyed.
- infernal furnace can now benefit from 4 bellows (up from 3), but there is diminishing returns for each bellows after the first. but 3 bellows are now worse than they used to be (54 tick reduction now vs. 60 previously), but 4 bellows are better than 3 used to be (68 ticks vs. 60)
- crimson rites will now be properly used up if used
- removed crafting mossy cobblestone as a requirement for hedge alchemy. I removed the recipe since there is now a vanilla recipes, but forgot to update the research entry
- fixed derpiness and item duplication caused by provider seals
- pech can now be traded with again
- fixed recipe related crashes
- fixed crucible crafting
- various other smaller bugfixes
- arcane workbench can once again craft vanilla recipes and will now properly count the local aura
- changed flux and flux event mechanics. This is still a work in progress and only some of the the mechanics are in place atm.
- instead of flux events happening directly, rifts will spawn that cause all manner of strangeness (including taint). Ways to deal with these will come soon.
- stellar scanning quadrant is now based on cardinal directions and not relative to the sun/moon at all.
- fix crash with crimson cult loot drops
- remove references and recipes for thaumcraft iron nuggets. They will still exist ingame for now, but since vanilla has them now there is no more need for them.
- fixed aspect calculation for crucible and infusion recipes
- fixed magic forest biome generation
- thaumonomicon is once again craftable
- crucible properly empties buckets when filled with water
- fixed cloudstepper ring
- converted to MC 1.12.2
- WARNING: Worlds using TC6 in MC 1.10.2 will not be compatible with this version
- pre-flattened blocks and items to future proof them for the eventual MC 1.13 update
- switched to using the new forge annotated config system
- API: fixed IMC listener
- API: switched to forge registry system. This significantly changes several api methods, especially those involving recipes
- API: switched recipes to use the new Ingredient system.
- moon phases not only effect the vis replenishment of the aura, but they now also change the max vis levels.
- changed jar capacity to 250 instead of 256 to keep it a nice round number
- pechs should be less crashy
- fix for moon scanning on servers
- removed chargable item hud by popular demand. Minor fps gains for all!
- removed various gear types and replaced with simple and complex arcane mechanisms
- completely revamped focus system - all your old foci will become invalid in disappear after updating
- various minor bugfixes
- removed epiphanies. They are a pointless hurdle to research atm and the original idea I had for them is not really relevant within the current system
- prettied up thaumcraft keybindings
- removed the crafting requirement from basic auromancy final stage. Depending on your mod setup the NBT tags could differ for some strange reason.
- potion sprayer should now drop correct block when harvested or 'picked' in creative
- sneak clicking on a jar while emptying a phial into it will no longer empty the jar as well
- nerfed liquid death. With the increase in essentia contained in mobs and items this has been dropping way too many crystals
- collector & essense harvester infusion enchants should work more reliably now
- warp event frequency will once again correctly taper off over time as long as no new warp is gained
- it is once again possible to get rid of the unnatural hunger warp effect a bit sooner
- API: removed crystal shard ore dictionary entries for now. Turns out forge oredict doesn't account for nbt data.
- dioptra can now be toggled between showing vis and flux and improved the comparator output as well. I forgot to add this to the beta 6 patch notes when it was actually changed
- added potion sprayer
- rebalanced focus medium vis values slightly
- fixed focus bolt fx
- re-added the quicken focus mod which mysteriously dissapeared from my code at some point
- chain focus mod and arcing enchantment will no longer target things you are riding or players and creatures on your team or that you own. They may still hit something by mistake if it is in the way
- prevent onBlockHarvested from being called twice by golems and break focus which was causing a dupe bug on some blocks like skulls
- everfull urn is now obtainable much earlier
- triple meat treat regen effect now last the proper amount of time
- infusion is now unlocked as its own research and not part of unlocking artifice anymore.
- many theorycraft cards that consumed items no longer do so.
- rebalanced theorycards in general so that there are easy, medium and hard choices - easy choices have no requisites, but give little progress (~10). Medium gives better progress (~25), but requires something simple to do. Hard choices give a lot of progress (~30-50), but also requires more effort
- instead of the highest category in theorycrafting getting a bonus, all other categories now get a penalty instead
- potions and related items now have most of their aspects calculated from the ingredients used to craft them
- fixed dust crafting related crash with crucibles
- golem logistics can now be completed with unfilled map
- crafting the fire focus now properly completes basic auromancy
- The full, not fractional amount of observations, theories and epiphanies are now spent when completing research. Oops.
- golems now operate within 32 blocks instead of 16.
- provider seals no longer require golems to be especially smart to listen to them, but they still require biothaumic mind research
- fixed focus crash in NEI
- fixed wrong import causing crash during focus creation for those without the correct java library
- fixed "phantom" taint seed issue
- fixed crash when placing arcane bore
- research entries requiring enchantments are now a lot less picky
- loads of other small tweaks and bugfixes
- workbench charger can now be placed on a focal manipulator as well
- changed the way and exact point when vis consumption is calculated for foci. Vis should no longer be consumed if an effect does not trigger.
- added 'Burst'focus modifier
- added 'Plan' focus medium
- added 'Quicken'focus medium
- completely overhauled the way foci effect links are created and managed behind the scenes. Much more interesting combos are now possible. Chaining+Bursting+Scattering Fireballs anyone?
- API: Caster focus API has undergone massive changes, but it should be a lot easier to create focus effects now. Much of the grunt work is handled by the casting engine behind the scenes instead of having to be coded per effect.
- increased focus effect damage across the board to be more inline with vanilla damage numbers
- break focus will no longer break unbreakable blocks clientside
- 'break' focus effect now takes block hardness into account and will take longer to break harder blocks. Potency increases the breaking speed.
- fixed shardFire oredictionary entry to actually refer to fire crystals and not air crystals
- theorycrafting research entry now has two stages as intended.
- added a 'scrap theory' button to research table if you want to start from scratch
- fixed a few theorycraft cards that could give infinite draws or progress
- rebalanced theorycraft cards with item costs so they offer greater rewards
- jars can now be filled all the way from alembics
- arcane ear (toggle) should now be craftable
- fixed various broken research entries
- fixed researches requiring thaumium to be unlocked
- improved the range of the touch focus
- sword of the zephyr once again has the winds effect
- improved taint fibre hitboxes
- fixed taint fibres having a 50% chance to spread even if no flux was present in aura
- all types of taint growth now costs a tiny amount of flux to occur.
- taint seeds will now take damage if no flux is present
- rebalanced the way aura and flux spreads between chunks. The math was a bit off and could force too much vis into a chunk which in turn caused flux.
- added functionality that will automatically throttle the number of particles thaumcraft generates when fps drops below 30
- fixed a major bug that was causing certain items (usually vis crystals) to have their stack size set to 1 the first time their aspect values where calculated.
- fixed gauntlet moddel clipping issues
- wand hud element should no longer be upside down if shown on the bottom of the screen
- fixed research page formatting so that elements like line breaks, page breaks, etc. are properly rendered on all machines. For lots of people it was just displaying walls of unformatted text.
- removed a few possible infinite loops causing research to freeze and eventually crash the client
- fixed occasional text overlap on knowledge types research entry
- fix for boss health bars not displaying during fight and only appearing after death
- fix vis discount items in the newer bauble slots not being counted
- essentia in crucibles will now keep slowly dissolving if no heat is applied
- fixed custom armor model rotation points
- fixed arcane ear note display and added another version of the arcane ear that toggles on / off instead of sending a pulse
- removing a focus with sneak+f while wearing a focus pouch in your belt slot will now properly update the pouch contents clientside
- fixed flux research entry so you can progress to stage two
- fixed exchange focus localization and spam casting that occurred when you selected a block
- fixed Unlock Alchemy research entry so all the text is displayed in research step 2
- fixed a few more missing research entries referring to thaumaturgy instead of auromancy
- fixed chrash when golems harvested blocks
- when completing a research stage all the pages for the next stage should be shown
- WARNING: I'm Splitting all the various tc stone blocks (arcane, eldritch, ancient,etc), into their own blocks. This is to make certain worldgen things easier to code and as preparation for the 'great flattening' coming with MC 1.13. This will probably break things in your world so be prepared. Sorry about that.
- added missing theorycraft cards for Infusion
- auromancy should now be unlockable again.
- using curios during theorycrafting will no longer consume the entire stack
- made silverwood trees outside magical forest biomes a bit more common
- improved fps around tainted areas
- granted golems the ability to walk again and be picked up
---- MAJOR CHANGES ----
- rebalanced aspect values significantly
- tweaked some aspect colors to differentiate them from each other a bit more
- re-added the old praecantatio aspect
- added alkimia, the alchemy aspect.
- rebalanced essentia amounts in items. Everything has a lot more essentia (roughly 5x previous versions), but all recipes are more expensive to compensate. This is to improve the essentia calculation algorithm and to make costing and balancing easier and more granular.
- rebalanced armor values to incorporate the new toughness stat
- removed haste and repair vanilla enchants. Haste is now an infusion enchant and repair has been dropped in favor of the vanilla enchant
- added quartz ore spawns to overworld. They are much rarer than ore spawns in the nether however.
- added ability for OP's to view a players known research
- added support for the Chisel ConnectedTexturesMod (https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/ctm). This mod is NOT required, but certain textures will be enhanced by using this.
- probably loads of other things I missed
ITEMS / BLOCKS
- Added casting gauntlets and focus crafting mechanic that replaces wands
- Goggles can now also be placed in the 'headgear' baubles slot
- traveller boots now require charge to function
- added arcane activator rails. They allow the activation and deactivation of things like automated crossbow turrets that pass over them.
- The arcane bore is now a placable entity much like automated turrets. Like many entities they can ride empty mine carts. Have fun with that
- Dowsing ability will now display a particle effect for an entire ore vein and not each block. Effect is also color coded for most common ore types.
- Players are now eased into Thaumcraft more organically just by playing the game. No wiki or forum post required to take your first steps.
- scanning is now much more integral to research.
- scanning things now generates various types of notes, observation and similar things. These will later be used for purchasing research.
- scanning inventories now also scans their contents as well
- split artifice research tree into artifice and infusion enchantment. Some of the changed associated with this might break saves a bit, so be prepared.
- Thaumaturgy tree renamed to Auromancy. It never made much sense that one of the trees was named after the mod itself. vOv
- Aura and vis is no longer separated into aspects. Vis now represents raw magical energy.
- Vis and flux is now mutually exclusive. In practical terms what happens is that within a chunk the aura has a fixed capacity. For this example lets use 50. Vis in a chunk will replenish itself back to this number over time.
- adding flux to the aura counts against this total however. If the flux + vis total exceeds this number, then some of the vis will slowly disappear or be pushed into adjacent chunks (if the have capacity) until the total drops down to 50. This means that polluting a chunk too much may result in it having no vis, just flux.
- Aura Nodes removed. Their role was fairly limited within the current aura system and the performance hit they caused (even if minor) was not worth it for the limited content they added. I may revisit adding back later if I can find a reason to.
- aura replenishes itself based on moonphase and other natural factors
- arcane crafting modified to draw vis directly from aura. Crystals are required for many arcane crafting recipes. Crystals are placed in the slots surrounding the main crafting grid.
- auras will no longer tick while game is paused in SP
= taint now spreads from taint seeds. They are immobile entities and there are eggs for them if you want to spawn some. Taint grows out from these 'seeds' and grows a lot faster than in TC5.
- taint can only spread within a limited radius of a seed and will die if there is no seed within this radius. There is a small chance for new seeds to spawn at the outer rim of this radius.
- taint spread is no longer linked to flux, however high flux levels will increase the distance taint can grow from a seed.
- put together this means taint can spread faster and even into non-polluted areas, but to get rid of it you only need to get rid of the seeds. Easier said than done though.
- lots of additions and changes to give modders access to the new systems in TC 6
- IPlayerKnowledge is now the main repository for all things research and knowledge related. It uses the forge capability system and can be obtained via the getKnowledge(EntityPlayer player) method in ThaumcraftApi
- research data is now located in .json files that can modified by resource packs
- made significant changes to IRechargable making it more generic
- changed IScanThing.getResearchKey to also accept the passed in player and scanned object
- added IScanThing.onSuccess to allow performing something when a scan succeeds
FAQQ: What is this Baubles thing that is being downloaded? A: It is a required sub-mod that adds extra inventory slots to the player.
Q: How do I access the Baubles inventory? A: The default hotkey for baubles is 'b'. If your not running any inventory altering mods or spend a lot of time in creative it might be a good idea to swop your normal and bauble inventory bindings so you always open the baubles inventory by default.
(1) Install Forge (Modloader is NOT required - my mod uses the Forge modloader)
(2) Download this mod and place the jar into your Mods Directory.
(3) Config File Settings For the most parts it should be self explanatory with one exception: Adding TC 5 worldgen to existing worlds. See below for that.
Adding thaumcraft world gen to existing worldsYes, you heard that right. You can add all the ores, trees and other worldgen features to existing worlds by changing a few things in your config files. Remember: this could be risky so always backup your saves beforehand.
- If this is the first time loading Thaumcraft with that save, you can leave the regen_key setting as 'DEFAULT' otherwise set it to anything else.
- You need to choose what to regenerate. I strongly recommend you set aura_nodes to 'true' if this is the first time you are doing this. Without the aura you won't be able to do 99.9% of the things you could in Thaumcraft.
- Run the game. It will lag for a while and you should see some console spam about chunks being regenerated. This is fine - just wait it out. It shouldn't take too long. If the world had been explored a lot you might see the message reappear every now and again. This is also normal.
- If, for some reason, you wish to do this again or somehow your savefile got corrupted and your aura nodes have gone missing, all you need to do is set the regen_key value to something else. Any word would do.
Addon ModsThese are mods that use the API or other means to intergrate with or add content to Thaumcraft. More importantly they do so without breaking the balance of my mod (such as it is).
A friendly request to addon makers: I love all the addons that have been made recently, but I have a few requests. - Don't go too crazy when adding new aspects. If you do, drop me a PM. If it is something obvious or useful beyond your addon I might add it to vanilla TC. - Try not to add more than one research tab - Please try and keep your own researches on your own tab - Please don't move my researches around. You can make copies if you wish to show dependendies on your tab, but the research should remain in its original location. - Please don't alter any of my recipes. If you feel it is needed for the balance of your addon please drop me a PM. Partly to discuss if the change is required, but mostly since it might actually be a change that should be in vanilla TC.
Lastly, I've noticed some addons adding items from TC 3 or earlier. I don't have a problem with that, so go wild. However several of those items I have been planning to re-add myself. A lot of TC 2 stuff never made it into TC 3 simply due to time constraints. So don't come crying to me if and when I do that. Note - I obviously won't just copy-paste someones elses code for those items or blocks - I will implement my own versions.
If you want access to beta version of my mod to make version update go a bit smoother, send me a PM with your dropbox user info and a link to your mod (so I can check if you are actually an addon dev )
- Thaumic Tinkerer - Thaumcraft Mob Aspects - Electric Magic Tools
Texture Packs - Soartex - Faithful 32x Thaumcraft Addon
Mod Pack PolicyThe code of “Thaumcraft for Minecraft” in source or binary form is the intellectual property of Azanor. See below for copyright, terms and conditions.
As a habit I ignore every PM in regards to mod-packs - both private and public. Everything you need to know about them is listed here.
You want Thaumcraft in your mod pack? All you need to meet are five simple conditions: 1. Your mod pack needs a link back to this forum post. 2. You cannot make any money off of the mod pack. 3. You cannot claim that you made any part of the mod, and you must give credit to the author of the mod (Azanor). 4. If I ever ask you to remove my mod from your pack, for whatever reason, you do so. 5. Handle any queries and bug reports internally first. This is one of the main reasons I had such a strict anti-modpack policy for such a long time - people using modpacks would come here posting errors that have nothing to do with my mod or that have been fixed ages ago, but still occurs in the modpack because it is using an older version.
If these five conditions are met, then you have my permission to use it in a mod pack.
Special thanks to...My Beta Testers, you know who you areAll the folks on the Forgecraft server for your help and support.
Dan Scott ( for all the help he gave me with some of the sprites.mr.Hazard(d95) for his awesome models Lorc, creator of the icons I use for enchanting and other things bonemouse, creator of the Isabella Texture Pack for letting me use his chest textures and skin as well as ScottKillen for making the Thaumium armor graphics based on the Isabella pack. chicken_bones for letting me base my lightning effect and deploader code from WRCBE CovertJaguar for his custom biome spawning code. Rorax for allowing me to use some of her models. J. W. Bjerk (eleazzaar)for the use of his icons for certain research categories. Find this and other open art at: http://opengameart.org BitterBusiness for the use of his Pech model.
© Azanor 2012+ This mod (plugin, patch to Minecraft source, henceforth "Mod" or "The Mod"), by the terms of http://minecraft.net/terms are sole property of the Mod author (Azanor, henceforth "Owner" or "The Owner"). By default it may only be distributed on minecraftforums.net by the Owner. They may only be mirrored or reposted with advance written permission of the Owner. URL shorteners or other attempts to make money off The Owner's Mods are strictly forbidden without advance written permission. This mod isn't open source.
Long version:TERMS AND CONDITIONS 0. USED TERMS MOD - modification, plugin, a piece of software that interfaces with the Minecraft client to extend, add, change or remove original capabilities. MOJANG - Mojang AB OWNER - , Original author(s) of the MOD. Under the copyright terms accepted when purchasing Minecraft (http://www.minecraft.net/copyright.jsp) the OWNER has full rights over their MOD despite use of MOJANG code. USER - End user of the mod, person installing the mod.
1. LIABILITY THIS MOD IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE OWNER OF THIS MOD TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THIS MOD. THIS MOD ALTERS FUNDAMENTAL PARTS OF THE MINECRAFT GAME, PARTS OF MINECRAFT MAY NOT WORK WITH THIS MOD INSTALLED. ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS MOD FALL ON THE USER.
2. USE Use of this MOD to be installed, manually or automatically, is given to the USER without restriction.
3. REDISTRIBUTION This MOD may only be distributed where uploaded, mirrored, or otherwise linked to by the OWNER solely. All mirrors of this mod must have advance written permission from the OWNER. ANY attempts to make money off of this MOD (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, sharecash, etc.) are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN, and the OWNER may claim damages or take other action to rectify the situation.
4. DERIVATIVE WORKS/MODIFICATION This mod is provided freely and may be decompiled and modified for private use, either with a decompiler or a bytecode editor. Public distribution of modified versions of this MOD require advance written permission of the OWNER and may be subject to certain terms.
Apr 8, 2011sp614x posted a message on OptiFine HD D2 (FPS Boost, Dynamic Lights, Shaders and much more)Posted in: Minecraft Mods
This mod adds support for HD textures and a lot of options for better looks and performance. Doubling the FPS is common.
Get the Magic Launcher for easy mod installation, compatibility checking and more.
Donate to OptiFine and receive the OptiFine cape as a sign of your awesomeness.
The cape is visible to everyone using OptiFine. Thank you for being awsome.
- FPS boost (examples) - doubling the FPS is common - decreases lag spikes and smooths gameplay
- Support for HD Textures (info) - HD textures and HD fonts (MCPatcher not needed) - custom terrain and item textures - animated terrain and item textures - custom HD Font character widths - custom colors - custom block color palettes - custom lighting - unlimited texture size
- Support for Shaders (info) - based on the Shaders Mod by Karyonix
- Dynamic Lights - allows handheld and dropped light emitting items to illuminate the objects around them. It is similar, but not related to the Dynamic Lights mod
- Variable Render Distance (example) - from Tiny to Extreme (2 x Far) in 16m steps - sun, moon and stars are visible in Tiny and Short distance
- Configurable Smooth Lighting (examples) - from 1% - smooth lighting without shadows - to 100% - smooth lighting with full shadows
- Performance: VSync Synchronizes framerate with monitor refresh rate to remove split frames and smooth gameplay
- Smart Advanced OpenGL - more efficient, less artifacts - Fast - faster, some artifacts still visible - Fancy - slower, avoids visual artifacts
- Fog control - Fog: Fancy, Fast, OFF - Fog start: Near, Far
- Mipmaps (examples) - Visual effect which makes distant objects look better by smoothing the texture details - Mipmap level - OFF, 1, 2, 3, Max - Mipmap type - Nearest, Linear
- Anisotropic Filtering (examples) - Restores details in mipmapped textures - AF level - OFF, 2, 4, 8, 16 (depends on hardware support)
- Antialiasing (examples) - Smooths jagged lines and sharp color transitions - AA level - OFF, 2, 4, 6, 8, 12, 16 (depends on hardware support)
- Better Grass Fixes grass blocks side texture to match surrounding grass terrain
- Clear Water (examples) Clear, transparent water with good visibility underwater
- Custom Sky (info) Use custom textures for the day and night skies. Multiple layers, blending options, time configuration.
- Random Mobs Use random mob textures if available in the texture pack
- Connected Textures (examples) Connects textures for glass, glass panes, sandstone and bookshelf blocks which are next to each other.
- Natural Textures (examples, idea) Removes the gridlike pattern created by repeating blocks of the same type. Uses rotated and flipped variants of the base block texture.
- Faster Math Uses smaller lookup table which fits better in the L1 CPU cache
- FPS control - Smooth FPS - stabilizes FPS by flushing the graphics driver buffers (examples) - Smooth Input - fixes stuck keys, slow input and sound lag by setting correct thread priorities
- Chunk Loading Control - Load Far - loads the world chunks at distance Far, allows fast render distance switching - Preloaded Chunks - defines an area in which no new chunks will be loaded - Chunk Updates per Frame - allows for faster world loading - Dynamic Updates - loads more chunks per frame when the player is standing still
- Configurable Details - Clouds - Default, Fast, Fancy - Cloud Height - from 0% to 100% - Trees - Default, Fast, Fancy - Grass - Default, Fast, Fancy - Water - Default, Fast, Fancy - Rain and Snow - Default, Fast, Fancy - Sky - ON, OFF - Stars - ON, OFF - Sun & Moon - ON, OFF - Depth Fog - ON, OFF - Weather - ON, OFF - Swamp Colors - ON, OFF - Smooth Biomes - ON, OFF - Custom Fonts - ON, OFF - Custom Colors - ON, OFF - Show Capes - ON, OFF (supports HD capes)
- Configurable animations - Water Animated - OFF, Dynamic, ON - Lava Animated - OFF, Dynamic, ON - Fire Animated - OFF, ON - Portal Animated - OFF, ON - Redstone Animated - OFF, ON - Explosion Animated - OFF, ON - Flame Animated - OFF, ON - Smoke Animated - OFF, ON - Void Particles - OFF, ON - Water Particles - OFF, ON - Rain Splash - OFF, ON - Portal Particles - OFF, ON - Dripping Water/Lava - OFF, ON - Terrain Animated - OFF, ON - Items Animated - OFF, ON
- Fast Texturepack Switching Switch the current Texturepack without leaving the world
- Fullscreen Resolution Configurable fullscreen resolution
- Debug - Fast Debug Info - removes lagometer from debug screen - Debug Profiler - removes profiler from debug screen
- Time Control Default, Day Only or Night Only - works in only in Creative mode
- Autosave - Configurable Autosave interval - A fix for the famous Lag Spike of Death
OptiFine HD D1 Ultra for Minecraft 1.12.2
(has all the features of Standard, Smooth, Multi-Core and AA, highly configurable)
Other versions: here
OptiFine HD D1 Standard for Minecraft 1.7.10
(has built-in support for HD textures, HD fonts and BetterGrass)
Other versions: here
OptiFine B6 Light for Minecraft 1.7.10
The light edition improves FPS, especially for slower computers. Gains of 20 FPS and more are common. No HD features or extended configurations included. Originally based on Optimine by Scaevolus.
The Light edition is not compatible with ModLoader and Forge.
Other versions: here
Even Older VersionsEven older versions of OptiFine are available in the OptiFine history.
If you have previously used MCPatcher for HD Textures, HD Fonts or Better Grass (important)Follow these steps to prevent a possible "Black Screen" problem when installing OptiFine:
1. Temporarily revert back to the Default Texture Pack.
2. Uninstall the HD Textures, HD Fonts, and Better Grass mods from the MCPatcher. These functions are included in OptiFine.
3. Set Graphics to Fancy
4. Install OptiFine and test with the Default Texture Pack to make sure everything is working.
5. Select your previous texture pack and graphics settings
6. Run Minecraft and enjoy
Compatibility with other modsWhen installing OptiFine together with other mods always make sure to install OptiFine last. The only exception are mods which are designed to be installed after OptiFine and say so in their install instructions.
If you need ModLoader: Install OptiFine AFTER ModLoader.
If you need Forge: Install OptiFine AFTER Forge.
MCPatcher is NOT needed for HD textures, HD fonts and BetterGrass, they are included in OptiFine. Install OptiFine without MCPatcher's HD features for best performance.
If you need DynamicLights (ModLoader edition): Install OptiFine AFTER DynamicLights.
Compatible with: ModLoader, Forge, SinglePlayerCommands, TooManyItems, PlasticCraft, CJB's Modpack, Zan's Minimap, Rei's Minimap, DynamicLights, GLSL Shaders 2, LittleBlocks and many other.
Not compatible with: CCTV, The Aether.
For Minecraft 1.6.2 and newerA. Simple (for OptiFine 1.6.2_C4 and newer)
- Double-click the downloaded JAR file and the OptiFine installer should start
- Click "Install" and OptiFine will be installed in the official Minecraft launcher with its own profile "OptiFine"
- Start the official launcher and play
- Use the official launcher to download and start once Minecraft 1.6.2.
- Double-click the downloaded JAR file and the OptiFine installer should start
- Click "Extract" and save the OptiFine MOD file
- Start Magic Launcher
- Click "Setup"
- Select Environment "1.6.2"
- Click "Add" -> select the OptiFine MOD file
- Click "OK"
- Login and play
- Use the official launcher to download and start once Minecraft 1.6.2.
- Go to the minecraft base folder (the official launchers shows it when you click "Edit Profile" as "Game Directory")
- Go in subfolder "Versions"
- Rename the folder "1.6.2" to "1.6.2_OptiFine"
- Go in the subfolder "1.6.2_OptiFine"
- Rename "1.6.2.jar" to "1.6.2_OptiFine.jar"
- Rename "1.6.2.json" to "1.6.2_OptiFine.json"
- Open the file "1.6.2_OptiFine.json" with a text editor and replace "id":"1.6.2" with "id":"1.6.2_OptiFine" and save the file
- Copy the files from the OptiFine ZIP file in "1.6.2_OptiFine.jar" as usual (you can use the 1.5.2 instructions for this) and remove the META-INF folder from "1.6.2_OptiFine.jar".
- Start the official launcher
- Click "Edit Profile" - Select "Use version:" -> "release 1.6.2_OptiFine"
- Click "Save Profile"
- Click "Play" or "Login" to start the game. If only "Play Offline" is available, then log out and log in again to fix it.
Installation for Minecraft 1.6.2 with Forge
- Use the official launcher to download and start once Minecraft 1.6.2.
- Use the Forge installer to install Forge
- Use the official launcher to start once Minecraft with the Forge profile.
- Start Magic Launcher
- Click "Setup"
- Select Environment "Forge9.10.X.Y"
- Click "Add" -> select the OptiFine ZIP file
- Click "Advanced"
- In the field "Parameters" add "-Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies=true"
- Click "OK"
- Login and play
B. Simple (for OptiFine 1.6.2_C4 and newer)
- Put the OptiFine JAR file in the Forge "mods" folder
- Start Minecraft and Forge should automatically load OptiFine
B. Complex (not working for Forge #780 and #781)
- Use the official launcher to download and start once Minecraft 1.6.2.
- Use the Forge installer to install Forge
- Go to the minecraft base folder (the official launchers shows it when you click "Edit Profile" as "Game Directory")
- Go in subfolder "Versions"
- Go in subfolder "Forge9.10.X.Y"
- Copy the files from the OptiFine ZIP file to "Forge9.10.X.Y.jar" as usual (you can use the 1.5.2 instructions for this) and remove the META-INF folder from "Forge9.10.X.Y.jar".
- Start the official launcher
- Select profile "Forge"
- Click "Edit Profile"
- Select the checkbox "JVM Arguments" and in the field next to it add "-Dfml.ignoreInvalidMinecraftCertificates=true -Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies=true"
- Click "Save Profile"
- Click "Play" or "Login" to start the game. If only "Play Offline" is available, then log out and log in again to fix it.
For Minecraft up to 1.5.2If possible start with a clean minecraft.jar and check the mod compatibility section above.
A. Easy Installation
1. Download and start the Magic Launcher
2. Click Setup, click Add, select the downloaded zip file
3. Click OK, login and play Minecraft
B. Manual Installation
1. Locate your minecraft.jar file. On Windows, it's in %APPDATA%/.minecraft/bin
2. Create a backup of minecraft.jar
3. Open minecraft.jar in an archive editor (WinRar/7-Zip/etc)
4. Delete the META-INF folder.
5. Copy (drag and drop) the .class files from the downloaded zip file into the jar file, replacing previous files.
6. Run Minecraft and test!
1. Locate your minecraft.jar file. On Mac, it's in /Library/Application Support/minecraft/bin
2. Create a backup of minecraft.jar
3. Rename minecraft.jar to minecraft.zip and double-click it to extract the contents
4. Rename the resulting folder to minecraft.jar and open it
5. Copy the .class files from the downloaded zip into the minecraft.jar folder, replacing previous files
6. Run Minecraft and test!
Please test and report back, include CPU, GPU and FPS before/after. Feedback is always welcome.
TODOThis is a list of the things which probably might get fixed some day or not at all: (there is no special order or priority, ok - done, x - canceled, ? - problematic)
- OptiFine namespace (CTM, etc)
- Connected models
- Upload screenshot to imgur
- World/mods/resource pack loading progress bar
- Custom Fonts: Off/Custom/HD
- Red cow overlay (Random Mobs)
- Hanhdheld items with HD textures (item width, smooth edges)
- Show Capes: All/Official/OptiFine/Off
- Cloud opacity
- Compass properties
- Turn off redstone lighting
- Auto-detect supported AA/AF levels
- Multilayer textures (example)
- CTM overlays
- Configurable item visibility distance
- Connected glass inner corner (border)
- Connected bookshelf top and bottom as planks
- PortalGun lasers fix
- Blending of darkest light levels (smooth lighting)
- Villager hoods
- Preload textures on main thread (MT)
- More connected textures in default ctm.png
- Custom loading bar - Block outline color
- ClearWater slider
- Swamp breaking particles
- BetterSnow and RedPower2 (Forge) flowers
- Loading chunks flicker
- Watercolor.png for dynamic water
- Clouds on Tiny
- Glass Panes and fenceposts
- Configurable sounds
- Support 3D hardware
- Small grass and BetterLeaves
- Underwater grass
- More fog when raining/snowing
CopyrightThe mod OptiFine is Copyright © 2013 by sp614x and the intellectual property of the author. It may be not be reproduced under any circumstances except for personal, private use as long as it remains in its unaltered, unedited form. It may not be placed on any web site or otherwise distributed publicly without advance written permission. Use of this mod on any other website or as a part of any public display is strictly prohibited and a violation of copyright.
Apr 23, 2012Alvtron posted a message on R3D CRAFT - Play Minecraft in High Definition (04.04.17)Posted in: Resource Packs
This project is still under development. I am for the time being a full time student, studying for my bachelor in computer science. When I am not studying, I am most likely working. Thanks to everyone for the support and understanding!
R3D CRAFT, pronounced Red Craft, is a high-res texture pack that can be applied to the game Minecraft. Based on the default texture that comes along with this game, R3D CRAFT enhances the missing realism; with use of high quality textures, smoother colortransitions, realistic shapes, shadows, lighting, missing details + so much more.
This texture is made for those who seek more quality in-game, but also want to keep the default design and feeling. Therefore, this texture tries to stay close to the default appearance by matching the correct colors and indication of shape.
Default Miencraft → R3D CRAFT → R3D CRAFT Shader Support + Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders
R3D CRAFT + R3D CRAFT Shader Support + Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders
R3D CRAFT + R3D CRAFT Shader Support + Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders
Alternative download links (adfoc.us):
R3D CRAFT Shader Support:
- R3D CRAFT Shader Support 512x
- R3D CRAFT Shader Support 256x
- R3D CRAFT Shader Support 128x
- R3D CRAFT Shader Support 64x
- R3D CRAFT Shader Support 32x
R3D CRAFT: Default Realism
Alternative download links (Curse):
R3D CRAFT on Curse:
- R3D CRAFT 32x32 on Curse!
- R3D CRAFT 64x64 on Curse!
- R3D CRAFT 128x128 on Curse!
- R3D CRAFT 256x256 on Curse!
- R3D CRAFT 512x512 on Curse!
R3D CRAFT Shader Support on Curse:
- R3D CRAFT Shader Support 32x32 on Curse!
- R3D CRAFT Shader Support 64x64 on Curse!
- R3D CRAFT Shader Support 128x128 on Curse!
- R3D CRAFT Shader Support 256x256 on Curse!
- R3D CRAFT Shader Support 512x512 on Curse!
R3D CRAFT: Default Realism on Curse:
Tired of annoying ads? Try Curse Client.
Curse Client is an add-on manager that allows you to browse, install, and update your Minecraft texture packs, mods or world-saves. Stay in sync with R3D CRAFTs newest updates with Curse Client.
Addons created by the community:
Want to create addons?
There's nothing stopping people from expanding upon this texture pack. Feel free to do
so. You are not breaking any rules, any copyright guidelines or upsetting anyone.
Since the Minecraft client now allows you to add more than one texture pack to the resource pack panel, you can simply create an addon. Make people download both your addon and this resource pack. After your users have downloaded your resource pack addon, direct them here so they can download this base resource pack which your resource pack adds upon.
If you feel like that above is silly and you want to include R3D CRAFT textures with yours in one single package and publish that, we would have a problem. The moderators on this site and other sites do not look happily on duplicates and your thread will most likely be put down. Also, keep in mind that it's not right (and if you ask me, disrespectful) to upload someone else work without their consent.
R3D CRAFT - Version 0.3.1 (04/04/17):
- Fixed some issues with Daylight Detector
- Added item: Flower Dandelion
- Added item: Flower Houstonia
- Added item: Flower Poppy
- Added item: Oxeye Daisy
- Changed item: Dirt
- Changed item: Grass
Go to r3dcraft.net for more.
Go to r3dcraft.net for more FAQ.
To all of you who have followed this project for a while; Gamers, Content-creators, YouTubers, Modders and so on. I would like to thank you guys especially. Your patience is both questionable and admirable. Maybe you guys don't know, but you are essentially the pillar that holds this project up. Without you, R3D CRAFT would not have been where it is today. Thank you. Thank you for your support.
Here is ways you can support this project:
- Download R3D CRAFT and play Minecraft
- Write comments, feedback and/or suggestions to me on this forum.
- Share your experiences with R3D CRAFT on social media
- Share R3D CRAFT to your friends and followers
- Follow me on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter
- Be creative! Make whatever you want with the use of R3D CRAFT. Videos, artwork, games and so on (read guidelines below)
R3D CRAFT banners:
© 2012-2017 Thomas Angeland
Nov 16, 2012Posted in: Minecraft ModsThe Camping Mod
Download & Information
All downloads, the changelog and all the info you need to know about the mod can be found on my website:
If you have any questions check the contact/F.A.Q. page on my website or ask them in the comments below.
Recipes and more information can be found in the Camping Cookbook.
ShaderMod is used for taking the Preview Images
Dec 31, 2011Posted in: Minecraft Mods
As of 2016, I have moved on from the minecraft modding community and left the maintenance of my mods in the capable hands of covers1624 with whom I have regular contact. Thankyou for all your support over the years.
All mods require Code Chicken Lib. As of 1.10 it is no longer auto downloaded so you'll need to download it below (or from curse) too
As of 1.8, Not Enough Items is now an add-on to the Just Enough Items mod and therefore requires JEI to be installed.
Code Chicken Core is part of Code Chicken Lib as of 1.11
You are welcome to include any of my mods in modpacks as long as you provide credit. My name and a link to this page is fine.
Go for it!
If you hate adf.ly, feel free to throw $5 in the donate button and put your email address in the comments, and I'll mail you a direct link whenever I update a mod. Otherwise I think you'll find that 5 seconds of your time isn't that much
I have spent hundreds of hours working on these mods. I loved every bit but if you'd like to show your appreciation for my effort and time spent creating these mods. Please donate. If you'd like a little note like sponsored by... or want me to prioritise a certain feature you are more then welcome to include a short message with your donation.
Old PostDownloads and InstallationIn case you missed it DOWNLOAD MY MODS HERE
CodeChickenCore requires MinecraftForge. Get it at http://files.minecraftforge.net/
WR-CBE requires ForgeMulitpart, an opensource library for having multiple things in the one block space. Get it at http://files.minecraftforge.net/ForgeMultipart/
CodeChickenCore will automatically download a dependancy, CodeChickenLib, into your mods folder. Do not get spooked out.
All mods require CodeChickenCore.
All mods go in the mods folder.For Mod DevelopersAll of my mods have source avaliable on either BitBucket https://bitbucket.org/ChickenBones or GitHub https://github.com/Chicken-Bones
Throwing CodeChickenCore (obfuscated or dev) into the /jars/mods folder of your mcp environment will enable you to throw any other obfuscated mod into your mods folder and play with it in your dev environment.
Yes this means you can test your mods with NEI in mcp just by throwing NEI and CCC into your mods folder.
Developing with my mods is now even easier. Simply download the dev package, put it in /jars/mods and link it in eclipse or whatever IDE you use. For recompilation, just put all the dev versions in /mcp/lib as well.CodeChickenCoreThis is just a library of classes that all my mods use. You need to install this if you are going to install any of my mods.
Just throw this in the mods folder.
CodeChickenLib Formerly known as CodeChickenCore-Public, CodeChickenLib is a simple java library of utilities that I believe may be of use for other modders
The following public release contains some libraries that I believe may be of use to other modders.
It currently contains the following:
- Model library cable of importing obj files
- 3D transformation library
- Flexible and simple packet system
- Colour helper classes
- A few other misc helper functions
All source code in this package is provided to any modder under the following conditions.
1. The modder notifies me the first time they decide to use any code from this package in their mod.
2. All classes that are used must retain their original name and be MOVED to a DIFFERENT package containing "codechicken"
3. The modder may use as many or as few classes from this package and modify them as heavily as they wish.
4. Credit is displayed that the public can see. (You may or may not wish to include my name in your mcmod.info file)
Just move the classes you want to another package and include them in your mod, there will be no conficts or dependance on CCC if you put them in another package.
Other CodeChickenCore sources are released under the same conditions as above with the following exception: They need not retain their original names, and may be incorporated, in any modified partial form into your own classes. If they do retain their original names however, they must be repackaged so there are no conflicts.
If you want to make a mod that simply includes my version of CodeChickenCore as a dependancy (and don't want to package sources into your mod). Go ahead! There are no conditions on dependancies.
Common Pitfalls My model renders like this: http://puu.sh/29Da9
Different 3D modelling programs export with different coordinate systems. Minecraft uses a another strange one. Commonly try passing a new YZSwap() to the coordinate system parameter of the object loader.Not Enough Items (NEI)Overview
NEI is a successor to both Too Many Items and Recipe Book. It arose around the same time as Craft Guide when Alexandria and a few others on the IRC suggested that I merge both Too Many Items and Recipe Book to remove their greatest flaws, ironically too many items, or in the case of recipe book, too many recipies. Too Many Items was great, but the one thing it lacked was an easy way to search and sort your items. When you had a mod like Red Power coming along with 10000 items both TMI and Recipe Book were racking up the pages. Even if you don't want to use NEI for cheating in items, you will likely feel right at home with the Recipe component of the mod.
VideosA good mod spotlight highlighting most features of the mod by Direwolf20.
A very well done spotlight by MinecraftScorpian. It's the most up to date showcasing 1.4
A nice mod review by piedudeaus
Another mod Spotlight by Phobic Bus with information on how to install.
A third mod Spotlight by iPodmail. Please note that this does not REQUIRE CodeChickenLoader.
Differences\EnhancementsNow you're probably thinking, I've seen TMI before, what a ripoff. What makes this one so much better? For a detailed explanation read on. A simple list is below.
- Recipe Mode (Crafting, Smelting, Brewing)
- Item Searching
- Item Subset Dropdown menu (Hiding\Showing)
- Complete SMP support if installed on server
- Enchantment Sector
- All types of Mob Spawners obtainable and place able.
- Magnetic Mode
- Heal Button
- Mob Spawners in SMP show the mob type
- Advanced configuration files
- In game Options Menu
- A few handling tweaks
- An Extended API supporting extended item damages, mod based sorting tags and custom recipes with ModLoader type loader
Detailed Information Recipe View
Recipe view contains 2 functions, Recipes and Usage. Pressing the recipe key (default R) or usage key (default U) while hovering over any item will take you into this mode. Once in recipe view clicking will bring up recipes and right clicking will show usages. The back recipe key (default BACKSPACE) can be used to go back to the last recipe and the Esc or Inventory key is used to exit.
Recipe view shows you all the ways to craft that item, be it with a Crafting Bench, Furnace, Brewing Stand or another custom crafting inventory (Eg Alloy Furnace from RP2).
Unlike Craft Guide when a recipe can be made using multiple types of the same item (Eg the different colours of wool or the different types of wood), the ingredients will cycle through the available subtypes. So the wool will change colour.
Usage mode shows you all the recipes that contain that Item.
And it shows shapeless recipes too.
The ? button will appear when the type of recipe matches the container you currently have opened. Eg. If you show shaped recipies while using a workbench.
Clicking on this button will return you to the main inventory wher you will see highlighted overlays in the slots prompting you of which items to put where.
Item Search Box
The Item Search Box is the black bordered rectangle at the bottom. Only items that contain the text in the Item Search field will be shown in the Item Pane. The search box must be clicked on to start typing. Right clicking on the search box will clear it instantly. It is not case sensitive. Any search terms will be saved and loaded when you restart minecraft.
The search box also supports wildcards * (any string of characters) and ? (any one character) as well as the complicated java.regex pattern matcher. As an example Bl?ck shows names containing Black and Block. Also ^Block would show items starting with block such as Block Breaker and block$ would show items ending with block such as noteblock or diamond block.
The Item Subsets button is a dropdown menu containing many different grouped sets of items. Clicking on a set will show all the items it contains and right clicking will hide them all. Double clicking on a set will show only the items in that set.
Mods can use the API to generate their own tag sets.
Shift clicking on a set will type @setname into the search bar which will make the Item Pane show only items in that set.
If you rightclick on the Item Subsets button the buttons for saving subsets will appear. These function identically to the normal save states, renaming, save\load\delete, but they will save and load the items you have hidden and shown.
You can also add your own sets using the config file located in ".minecraft\config\NEISubsSet"
By pressing the enchantment key (default X) you can bring up the enchantment selector gui. It allows you to put an item in the slot and select the enchantments and level that could be applied from an enchantment table. The level can go up to a maximum of X. Clicking on an enchantment toggles it on and off. (To prevent unnice bugs)The normal multiple enchantment conflict rules apply so you can't have fortune and silk touch together etc. Unfortunately due to space limitations some names have had to be shortened, Projectile to Proj, Protection to Protect, Bane of Arthropods to Arthropods. Enchantment names will only be shortened if there is not enough space. Eg Protection will be shortened to Protect if you set level 8 because VIII takes up a bit of space.
The trash can button functions in 4 ways. All operations apply both to your personal inventory and any inventory you may have opened (Eg a chest).
1. Click on it while holding an item it will delete the item you are holding.
2. Hold SHIFT while clicking on it with an item in your hand and it will delete all the items of that type in your inventory.
3. Hold SHIFT while clicking on it will clear your inventory.
4. Just clicking normally will toggle Trash Mode
When trash mode is enabled any item you click on will be deleted. Holding SHIFT and clicking on any item will delete all items of that type.
Clicking on the C button will toggle creative mode. This is self-explanatory. Simply change from creative to survival and back again. Note that on SMP servers this will change only you into creative mode and not the entire server.
Again another self-explanatory button, if it's raining right now this button will be enabled activated. Clicking it will change the rain to on or off.
The last of the toggle buttons. When magnet mode is enabled any items within a reasonable distance will pick themselves up and fly towards you. Items wont be attracted if they can't fit in your inventory though.
The 4 buttons with the sun and moon are time set buttons. They will set the time to Dawn, Noon, Dusk and Midnight when clicked. These will only advance time forward to not break machines relying on world time. So if you click the day button multiple times it will keep advancing the days.
The heart button will heal the player, fill the hunger bar and stop them burning if on fire.
There are 7 save states capable of saving your entire inventory and armour to disk. Right clicking on a state will let you rename it. The x Button appears next to loaded states will clear them. Save states are a global feature that can be transferred between worlds and even servers.
This is just the regular MC Style options configuration. It allows you to edit various settings and especially Key Bindings.
The first Button Toggles wether NEI is Enabled or not. If it's not enabled you wont be able to see anything except the options Button. The enabled state is separated for SMP and SSP.
The Cheat Mode button toggles between Cheat Mode and Recipe Mode. Recipe mode is for playing legit and just using the recipe book component. The save states and cheat buttons will disappear and the Item panel will not spawn items into your inventory.
Extra Cheats sets wether the Create, Rain, Magnet, Time and Heal buttons are to be shown.
Button Style switches between the default Minecraft Button Style obtained from your texture pack and the old school black box TMI style (showcased below)
Item IDs toggles whether to show the ID of the item in the tool tip. This will work for all items in your inventory as well as the panel.
This option will cycle between Shown, Auto and Hidden. Auto will show ID's only when NEI itself is shown and enabled.
This has the added use of showing you exactly how much damage a tool has sustainer. Eg the Sapphire Pickaxe below has taken 6 damage.
Save states merely sets weather or not to show the save states, self-explanitory.
If Item drops are disabled any EntityItems in the world will be deleted. So mining a block or dropping an item will give you nothing. Someone said they must have it for lag removal so I added it.
The KeyBindings all do what they say. Click on them and then press the key you want to change it to.
NEI makes all types of mob spawners obtainable in your inventory and place able. Any custom mobs you may have will also be assigned a spawner. The spawner item will show the entity inside of it just like the block. Hostile mobs will have Red names and Passive mobs Blue names. The bug in SMP where all mob spawners show pigs has also been fixed. Any users who have NEI installed (even if they are not Ops) on a server with NEI will be shown the correct mob.
Various Inv Tweaks
Ctrl clicking on any item in your inventory will give you more of it, just as if you clicked on it in the Item Pane. If you pick up an item and hold shift while placing it in a container then all items of that type you have in your inventory will also be put in alongside the placed item. Useful for transferring all your cobblestone to a chest in one go.
Everything that you can do in SSP can be done in SMP if the server has NEI installed. If not then NEI can still spawn items using the give command if you are an OP. Most of the features are only enabled for OPs.
There are many options in NEI that can be configured in "config\NEI.cfg". Note that most of these are editable in the options menu.
A configuration file will be generated in config\NEIServer.cfg containing various confiutation options for servers. The config file comments explain the functions. In short it allows you to assign certain functions to be used only by certain players. So you can select who can use OP enchantments etc. There is also a banned blocks section, any blocks that are banned wont show in a user's item panel. Bedrock is banned by default so connected users can't spawn bedrock, (unless you specify their name).
Extended API There is an extended API built in to NEI to allow mods to integrate properly. This is demonstrated with the RedPower module that provides Alloy Furnace recipes and RedPower specific subsets.
I am aware that there are many different crafting inventories out there. BTW's anvil, IC2 has a bunch etc. However I only use the Alloy Furnace from RedPower. Therefore I welcome modders who want to make small modules like the RedPower one for various other mods.
The source package should help guide modders through. NEI uses a modloader like config loading system. Simply call your configuration class NEI****Config.class and implement IConfigureNEI and package it with your mods. Any calls to NEI should be made from this class or subclasses. Your mod must not directly call any NEI functions or classes as that will make it dependant on NEI to function. Simply include the config and classes with your mod and it will be activated only if NEI is installed.
NEI RedPower ModuleDue to Eloraam's kindness she has permitted this small module that will add features to NEI from RedPower. It will add the RedPower dropdown tags you see in the screen shots, Show all types of microblocks and redwires and add the Alloy Furnace recipe handler. Install it if you have RedPower.
Installation and PluginsSame as the rest of my mods, place the jar in the mods folder.
An install video is in the spoiler below.[media][/media]
Mistaqur has plugins for Thaumcraft, Buildcraft, Forestry, Railcraft and an IC2 fix at https://bitbucket.org/mistaqur/nei_plugins/wiki/Home
Credits Inspired by TooManyItems and Recipe Book.
Many friendly and supportive Beta Testers.Ender StorageOverview
EnderStorage is a mod that offers a means to store your items in The END, causing them to be everywhere and nowhere at the same time. All EnderStorage makes use of the magic of colors to link storage with its little piece of The END. Any EnderStorage with the same color code share inventory (even across dimensions). Currently there are two types of storage, EnderChest and EnderPouch.
EnderChests are a stationary type of EnderStorage. You can use dye on the wool pads on top of the chest to alter its color code. As an alternative, you can craft an EnderChest with three dyes to change the color code as well. EnderChests work as any other chest for the purposes of blocks that manipulate chests contents. This makes EnderChests an ideal way to transport items over vast distances in an instant.
EnderPouches are a mobile type of EnderStorage. You can use an EnderPouch on any EnderChest to change the pouch color code to match that of the chest. EnderPouches access the same inventory as their EnderChest counterparts, allowing easy access to your base resources right from your inventory.
As of 1.2, Using a diamond on the latch of an Ender Chest will move it to a seperate network for the player that used the diamond. This allows each player to have acceess to all 4096 frequencies without conflicting in SMP.
VideosMod Spotlight by Direwolf20
[media][/media]Wireless Redstone Chicken Bones Edition (WR-CBE)Overview
In its simplest this is a mod that allows you to transmit your redstone state wirelessly. Even if you dont use redstone this mod could still be for you. Found an awesome landscape you'd like to mark, a cool cave to explore, or keep losing your way from base to base? Ever wished that compass pointed somewhere else or there was a way to mark things on a map. Well now there is. With the wireless addons component of this mod you can use wireless signals for navigation.
The signals are synchronised in a dimension called the Redstone Ether or REther. This dimension has no physical form and purely stores signals. It can be accessed by combining the Interdimensional properties of Obsidian, Glowstone and EnderPearls from the OverWorld, Nether and Ender with redstone to enter the RedstoneEther. There are 5000 different frequencies storing independent state, name and colour. Due to the dimensional nature of the REther signals sent in the nether will translate into the OverWorld and vice versa.
Differences from the original modNow you're probably thinking, I've seen a mod like this before. What makes this one so much better? For a detailed explanation read on. A simple list is below.
- Advanced GUI
- Triangulator vector based
- No GUI to use remote just hold right click. Remotes also set frequencies
- Fancier block models integrated with RedPower Logic
- Sniffer fades out and shows frequency with mouse over
- Frequency Naming
- Coloured Frequencies
- Wireless Map
- Addons for SMP
- SMP frequency permissions and Private Sniffer
- Interdimensional Ether
VideosA nice mod spotlight by Direwolf20.
A mod spotlight by pcmaster highlighting a few more of the applications of WR-CBE.
Detailed Information CoreGUI
As you can see the gui has had some serious advancements.
Yes the simple gui is still there
A frequency in the REther can be made to resonate at a speed equivalent to the wavelength of a certain wavelength of light. You may set the colour of a frequency in the advanced gui by pressing the Phase Shift Button. The colour is a purely aesthetic effect used by the addons for identification in inventory or on the map. The slot above the Phase Shift button will cycle through the items in your inventory. By default the colours are the dyes and redstone is the resetter. Black and white cannot be used. If RedPower is installed the colour setters are the different coloured lumar and white is reset. Note: Colours are purely for easy identification on the addons. They provide no technical properties.
The much requested feature to assign names to frequencies is here. It's fairly intuitive, just look at the screenshot above.
The transmitter is simple. Power it with redstone and it will broadcast to all receivers on that frequency.
A receiver will power connected devices if there are any transmitters currently active on its frequency.
There is a fairly complicated permissions system in place for SMP management.
The /freq command can be used to manipulate various cofigurations. Use /freq help to learn what they are and how to use them.
It is advised that the Private Sniffer from the addons module is used for managing private frequencies, as this does not require the player to be an OP.
Frequencies are split into three ranges; public (0-1000), shared (1001-5000) and OP managed.
Public frequencies are there for anyone to do whatever they want with.
Shared frequencies are like public frequencies, however use of the private command a frequency can be locked to just one player.
These ranges can be changed through the freq set and get commands. Also the freq jam/open commands and the freq scan command can be used to allocate ranges of freqs specifically to certain players.
Anyone who doesn't have permission to access a freq will be shown a greyed out square on their sniffer. They will be unable to set any device to that frequency. However they can still use devices set by other players.
What more can I say, Epic huh.
The Wireless Bolt is generated by jammers and REP's. The bolt will "jam" any devices nearby preventing them from working. Transmitters will stop transmitting, receivers will stop receiving and any devices a player is carrying will no longer work. Dont worry the effect lasts for a limited time period. For some reason cognitive processing causes a detectable effect in the Redstone Ether and a the bolt will also seek out nearby mobs and players dealing damage in the process. Fortunately more intense cognitive abilities provides some resistance to the effect, so players wont take as much of a blow as that sheep over there. Wreak havoc on your fellow player's wireless contraptions or make a visually entertaining mob trap.
For those who are intirested, L-Systems.
The remote is a handheld transmitter operated by holding right mouse. The frequency change GUI is opened by right-clicking while sneaking. If a remote is used on a wireless tile it will change the frequency of the tile to that of the remote, useful for setting the frequencies of multiple devices quickly.
The triangulator is essentially a wireless compass. It will point to the nearest transmitter on the frequency its on. The frequency change GUI is opened by right-clicking while sneaking. If there are no active transmitters in this dimension or you are using a remote at the same time the triangulator wont know where to point.
For the techy guys the triangulator doesnt actually point to the nearest transmitter, rather it adds all transmitters on the frequency based on their distance to the player in the ration 1/d therefore if you have 3 transmitters 20 blocks east and 1 transmitter 10 blocks west it will point east. So if you want to confuse someone using a transmitter to mark their way home put 5 somewhere nearby.
The sniffer is a device that can detect which frequencies are on and show them to you. Incidentally It will also show you which ones you dont have access to in SMP.
The private sniffer is an upgraded version of the normal sniffer. It has main purpose in SMP where you can click on a frequency that is shared to make it private. Private freqs will show as green.
The wireless map is pretty self-explanatory. Any transmitters on any frequency will show as beacons on the map, even if they are not visible from the sky.
There is a green beacon in the desert, an orange beacon in the forest and three red beacons near the center. And yes I'm in a plane.
While it would be great to simply make your old maps wireless, problems with the map system make that near impossible. I may make a cartographer mod for copying maps and setting different scales.
The wireless tracker is a throwable device that will stick to entities and transmit a signal. Use Sneak+Right Click to set the freq and then throw it. You can then use the map/sniffer/triangulator to track down your target at any time.
These guys will even stay stuck to players through portals and between logouts. However if an entity is 'unloaded' or a player is logged out the tracker will dissapear until the entity returns.
Trackers can be removed from an entity by pulling them off with a sticky piston or by melting the adhesive with fire. Once the tracker is no longer sticky it will spin like an item and can be picked up. Note that the tracker will quickly cool down and revert to it's normal sticky state.
The Redstone Ether Pulse or REP is essentially the redstone version of an EMP. It is a throwable device that will generate the jamming effect apon impact. A second click with one in hand will detonate an aerial REP. The resulting energy wave will prevent further REPs from being thrown for a few seconds.
LogicFormerly known as WR-CBE Redpower, this module contains the blocks of the mod. It requires ForgeMultipart, an open source multipart library to be installed and allows the tiles to be placed on walls and ceilings with covers and other multiparts.
Note the jammer is supposed to be disabled when powered.
Wireless Recievers and Transmitters can be used as a computercraft peripheral when placed next to a computer. Use them like you would any other peripheral. The methods are setFreq(frequency) and getFreq()
Credits Aliaz - Original Wireless Redstone mod.
Danny494 - Textures for REP, Sticks, Bowl, Map, Sniffer, and a lot of texture drafting\base textures.
Alexandria, madindehead, Kenny - Beta Testing.ChickenChunksOverview
As you all should know, the minecraft world is seperated into chunks. 16x16 areas that are loaded depending on how close a player is to them. If you have machines or plants or anything that does something in a chunk that is not loaded because there are no players nearby nothing will happen.
This mod adds a block called a chunkloader, when placed it will keep chunks around it loaded even if no players are nearby or even online. So now your plants can grow and your automatic quarries can run, even when you're not around.
What makes my chunkloader betterSo you've seen a few of these things around before, Teleport Pipes has one, Railcraft has two. Immibis has one. Here's a short feature list.
- Will reload chunks after a server restart
- Works with frames
- 100% not buggy guarantee (I'll fix it if you find a bug).
- External viewer for seeing the loaded chunks and making sure everything works.
- Server owners can set the number of loaded chunks per player, per dimenion and globally.
- Will load and unload mystcraft dimensions as needed.
- Server Operators can set them to only work when a player is online.
Simply place the chunkloader down and open up the Gui. It now belongs to the person who placed it and chunks that it loads will count towards their limit. You can only open the Gui if you own the chunkloader.
The radius determines the number of chunks to load around this one inclusive.
The shape is either Circle, Square, LineX or LineZ all of which are self explanitory. A radius 3 with square will load a 25x25 chunk area.
The number of chunks loaded is shown below the radius.
The total number of chunks you have loaded out of the amount the server has allowed you is shown at the bottom.
The show lasers button will show some spinning lasers that border on the loaded chunks for easily seeing if your blocks are in the loaded area.
Using the command /chunkloaders will activate the ChunkVeiwer if the server has allowed you to.
It will be centered on the player in the current dimension when first activated. You can move it around by dragging it with the mouse.
The Red blocks are loaded chunks.
The Yellow blocks are chunkloaders.
The Green blocks are chunks that are being held by a chunkloader
The Blue blocks are players.
In the top left the number of ChunkLoaders, Held Chunks (by Chunkloaders), Loaded Chunks and Players in this dimension are shown.
The numbers on the axis are the coordinates in blocks. The Horizontal is the x axis and vertical is the z axis.
Mousing over a chunkloader or player will show info about it as a tooltip.
You can see three sets of chunks, one around the player, one around the spawn point and some around a chunkloader.
The Gui will close if you leave the server.
Server Config Options
The server operator can set the number of chunks per player, per dimension and overall that are allowed to be force loaded.
The server can also add player names to a list to have chunkloaders only work when the player is online.
There is also an option to disable the automatic world loading for mystcraft dimensions if you don[/media]
Credits MouseCop - Art.EAQQ. When will your mods be updated?
A. When it's done or a week after the last person asks, whichever comes later. Don't expect all your mods to be ready for at least a month.
Q. java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: codechicken/core/something
A. Install Code Chicken Core.
Q. I can't spawn items!
A. Change from Recipe Mode to Cheat Mode
Q. Can we have wireless bundled cables (or any other variant)?
A. No, it involves lots of code and design, would be very difficult to integrate nicely and is quite overpowered.
Q. I get a saving chunks or black screen. ur mod sux cuz it r no wurk.
A. Logs or it didn't happen.Reporting Bugs
If you want me to help you with problems you are having with any of my mods do everyone a favour and follow a few steps first.
1. Make sure you have a running FML/Forge installation. If you have that then I can rule out all prerequisites to this mod like failing to delete Meta-INF or install FML.
2. Tell us what happened. And if it's a visual glitch what you can do to cause it to happen.
3. Get us an FML or MultiMC log. You should be able to find FML logs in your .minecraft folder.
4. Post the information on the thread.
Always use pastebin for logs.
Do not PM me with any issues, I will delete your PM. Use the thread or IRC
Victorzimmer for giving me an ftp server to host on.
While any of my mods should not destroy your world, I take no responsibility for damage done to your minecraft your world or the chair you are sitting on.
Aug 23, 2014Posted in: WIP Mods
First off, I sincerely apologize for abandoning this mod for so long without any notice. You all deserve better than that, and I take full responsibility for any frustrations caused by this lack of communication to Daomephsta. I had a lot of personal issues at the time, but that is no excuse for leaving everyone in the dark and disappearing like I did. For now, I will be returning to this mod and try to update and continue this mod in a way that encourages compatibility and interaction with other mods.
BetterBeginnings started out with a goal of vanilla-like features with high compatibility. Over time though, I had added more and more features under the assumption that BB was the only content mod installed, and this has obviously led to very poor compatibility, contrary to my initial goals. I hope to return to that ideal with this mod in the future, and focus more on BetterBeginnings' place within a modded playthrough rather than trying to force it into a modpack's backbone. I also want to refocus development on the early-game, even if early-game is by modded standards rather than vanilla. Hopefully these features will make the mod more like Tiny Progressions and less like GregTech.
BetterBeginnings Mod - Currently being updated to 1.12
A mod to extend the beginning portion of Minecraft's early game and diversify vanilla gameplay, without breaking too much from the typical gameplay flow.
The early stage of Minecraft tends to be quick and easy. Punch three longs, make a crafting table, make a wood pick, mine three stone, and that's it. No more early game. With BetterBeginnings, you will spend much more time "on the move", simply trying to survive the terrifying world you live in. Punching trees? Wood tools? Haha...no. While this mod started as a purely early-game extension, it now adds a variety of features to aid and expand upon the vanilla playstyle.
1.12 Update and Redesign
This mod is in dire need of a rework. The current version is clunky and has poor compatibility. Its core design discourages its use in modpacks, and forces modpack authors to work far too hard to get this mod to pair well with other mods. With the update, I will be reverting the mod back to its alpha development state, as many severe changes, many of which will likely be game-breaking. Stability will have to come after the rework, once this mod can play nice with others.
- Update properly to MC 1.12. I will not update to 1.9 or even 1.10, as then I would be playing a game of catch-up or developing for two versions at once (not a good thing). No further updates will come to the 1.7.10 branch, even for bugfixes, at least not from myself. The 1.8 branch will become the 1.12 branch, so the 1.8 code will be moved to its own branch, though with no further updates from myself. The only 1.10 version will be the one developed by Daomephsta during my absence.
- Return mod status to "alpha" development as heavy changes are on their way.
- Redesign the old JSON recipe thing. JSON recipes are annoying and jank (sorry MC1.13), and far too verbose for modpack authors. Instead, the JSON recipe parser will be replaced by a built-in ZenScript parser, so modpack authors can copy BB-related code from MineTweaker as a quick and dirty alternative. This ZenScript parser will automatically disable itself if MineTweaker is detected during startup.
- Redesign kiln, brick oven, and smelter to be improvements to the furnace rather than replacements. This should greatly enhance compatibility without diverting too much from vanilla gameplay. All furnaces will be significantly sped up and otherwise improved to encourage use while still leaving room for higher-tier machinery by other mods, such as EnderIO and Thermal Expansion. The smelters in particular will require significant redesigns to neither be obsolete or overpowered.
- Remove advanced crafting from the default configuration, and balance the rest of the mod accordingly. While this was an interesting idea, and part of the core inspiration for the mod, this particular feature was incredibly problematic in many ways, and was very annoying to play with and to develop. It was buggy, difficult to balance, overly grindy, and a major pain for compatibility. This feature will become deprecated and no new features will be added to expand upon it.
- Return to proper SemVer in the mod's versioning. The Major.Minor.Update-ReleaseNumberLetter-PrereleaseNumber format the mod's fallen into is convoluted and often inconsistent. This problem was the result of trying to plan features for a certain version number while simultaneously making bugfix changes. Instead, I'll follow correct SemVer Major.Minor.Release format, with no additions. There will also be no more pre-releases, since they often don't need bugfixes and thus don't get a follow-up release. Instead, I will increment Major, Minor, and Release numbers as changes come, based on the scale and compatibility of the change.
1.7.10 and 1.8 Versions
I will no longer be working on the original MC 1.7.10 version of the mod. 1.7.10 is extremely outdated, and only used in a few legacy packs now. However, Daomephsta has been working hard on maintaining it, and has released a few bugfixes over the past year. If you wish to continue development for that version, feel free to fork the code from its maintained repository.
There will be no more updates to the MC 1.8 version of this mod. 1.8 is also very outdated, with little in the modding scene for it to be worth playing. If you wish to continue development for that version, feel free to fork its code from the original repository.
During my absence Daomephsta has updated BetterBeginnings to MC 1.10.2 and is working hard on it with active development for that version. This includes new features such as a wicker basket and shield for early game. While I will be focusing on the 1.12 version of the game, I will not be working on the 1.10.2 branch. Daomephsta instead will be continuing that branch as deemed necessary. If you wish to contribute, feel free to fork the code from the updated repository.
- A variety of early-game tools to make you work to get that first stone pickaxe.
- Most blocks require the correct tool in order to be broken. No more punching trees!
- Three different furnaces are used in place of the vanilla furnace: The kiln, the brick oven, and the smelter. Each covers different purposes of smelting, with upgrades and recipes to reflect this.*
- Advanced, double crafting tables, to craft more complex items.*
- Infusion Repair, as a better, more reliable way to repair enchanted tools.
- Diffusion Extraction, to extract enchantments from tools.
- Campfires, for
cookingcharring food to a crisp in the early-game.
- Config options with in-game toggle support.*
- JEI/NEI and Minetweaker/CraftTweaker support.*
* This feature will be heavily reworked with the 1.12 update for better compatibility and configurability.
Versions before 0.9.3 are not available, to combat reposting. These files were originally hosted on MediaFire, before the advent of CurseForge.
- Download the latest stable version of Forge for your Minecraft version at files.minecraftforge.net. Get the installer.
- Run the installer.
- Run Minecraft at least once with the newly installed Forge.
- Put the BetterBeginnings JAR file in your .minecraft/mods/ folder.
- Run Minecraft again.
Full info can be found on the GitHub wiki! Please note that this links to Daomephsta's repository. A new wiki on the 1.12 repository will be created once the update and rework is finished.
Can I use this in my modpack?
Absolutely. This mod is open-source under a copyleft license, so feel free to use it as you like. However, if you redistribute your modpack with the mod file included directly (rather than linked such as via Twitch), please link back to the source code of whichever version you're using, or this forum post. This ensures the source code is as accessible as the mod itself. While there's no requirement to ask or notify me, it would be nice to let me know about it; I might be interested in playing it.
I found a bug! Where do I report it?
You can report bugs on the issues tab for the version of the mod you're downloading, with the exception of 1.8. There will be no more official updates to the 1.8 branch of the mod - even for bugfixes.
When will you update this?
You're really not supposed to ask that question. If you're asking this, we're probably already working on it. When a new version of the game gets released, there's a big process that goes on before any actual updating goes on. First we have to wait for the Minecraft version to stabilize so that MCP and Forge can get to work without it getting undone a week later. Next is to wait on MCP to update, followed by Forge. Then we have to wait on Forge to have a stable version as well so we don't have to re-release the mod every week. Only then can we get to work. With large, heavily internal updates (such as 1.8), this can take a very long time.
While 1.6.4 was a fantastic version for modding, arguably a "golden age", it is extremely old. Even by "legacy" standards, it's still very old. There are many great mods and modpacks from that version, but it's not worth the time for myself or Daomephsta to backport it, especially not with the 1.12 version in the works. If you want to and know how, feel free to backport it yourself from the source code.
1.9 and 1.11 were too short-lived to be worth updating to. 1.12 is the current version of the game, the one mods are currently updating to. 1.10 is the current standard with large modpacks, as most mods for that version have become quite stable. 1.7.10 is the current "legacy" standard for old modpacks or old mods that never got updated past 1.8.
The furnaces don't work with other mod's recipes! How do I cook a Harvestcraft meal in the Brick Oven?
This is something I really want to get working properly in the upcoming rework. For now you can use CraftTweaker (1.10.2) or MineTweaker (1.7.10/1.8) to script the recipes in. Alternatively, if you are using the 1.8 or 1.10.2 versions of the mod, you can use the built-in JSON recipe system to set and replace the mod's recipes. (This feature will be removed in the upcoming rework, as it causes more problems than it fixes.)
How do I light the campfire?
Put the campfire down on the ground, put your item to be smelted in the top slot, with some wooden fuel in the bottom (coal and charcoal won't work), and then you have to light it. You can light the campfire with either flint & steel or a BetterBeginnings fire bow. If the campfire starts smoking, it's out of fuel; put more wooden fuel in while it's still smoking or else you'll have to light it again.
That's not how furnaces work in real life!
It's not supposed to be. Instead this mod aims for balance and what makes sense on a very basic level. Cooking meat in the same fires you use to smelt ores into ingots does not make sense.
Is this mod compatible with _____?
On a basic level, almost certainly. That's the whole point of Forge. However, for interaction-related bugs and oversights, those are likely to happen with a few mods. We will try to resolve those issues when we can.
Ur mod suckz becus idk
That's neither informative or helpful. What am I supposed to do with that?
These mod spotlights, while informative for their versions, are all quite outdated at this point. They will become very inaccurate in the Reborn update.
- Daomephsta, for a great deal of work continuing, updating, and maintaining this mod for the past two years, even in my absence.
- AnonTheMouse, for the original idea that eventually became this mod.
- Knoxx093, for fixing some of the more troubling bugs, as well as cleaning up some of the less organized regions of the code.
- iLiminate, for helping code a large portion of this mod in its early stages. iLiminate has since left due to a lack of time, however.
- YiChenCraft, for the recent translation into simplified Chinese.
- Adaptivity, for help with version info and a translation into Russian.
- IntelliJ IDEA, for being the best Java IDE.
- Paint.NET, because it's awesome. All my textures were made with it. Textures made by Daomephsta and iLiminate may have been made with other programs.
- The modding community at MCForums for helping me resolve countless issues.
You can find links to the source code in several places scattered throughout this post, but here they are again just in case:
- MC 1.10.2 version, in active development by Daomephsta. Currently this is the "main" branch of the mod.
- MC 1.7.10 version, in bugfix-only maintenance by Daomephsta. This is in bugfix-only mode, so no new features will be added to this version. The only releases for 1.7.10 you will see are bugfixes and optimizations.
- MC 1.8 version, abandoned last year for personal reasons. This version is not in active development by Daomephsta or myself. No new features, optimizations, or bugfixes will come to this version of the mod. However, you are free to fork this and continue it on your own if you see fit.
- MC 1.12.x "Reborn" branch, currently in the early stages of being updated. This version of the mod will be updated to 1.12, followed by drastic changes to the features and code structure of the mod. Currently there are no releases yet for this branch. After the initial update release, this version will in alpha for quite some time, during which it will likely have game-breaking changes.
In all of these branches, feel free to submit a Pull Request (1.8 included) if you wish to help us make the mod better. In the versions with active development (not 1.8), feel free to submit an issue if you find a bug.
We are also in need of a texture artist. Currently all textures are made by iLiminate, Daomephsta, and myself. None of us are texture artists, so we make due with what we can come up with. We also need a new logo, as the current one is too similar to a particular toy franchise's logo. A new logo needs to fit a horizontal banner shape - detailed enough to look good at the top of this thread, but small enough to fit in a signature without adding a scroll bar.
Beta 0.9.8 R8c for MC 1.10.2
- Added CraftTweaker support for modifying fuel values. See here for documentation.
- Removed some debug logging
- Added new Advanced Crafting module. Disabling it will remove all ACT recipes and the recipe for the ACT itself. Items normally crafted in the ACT will have vanilla recipes if this module is disabled.
Beta 0.9.8 R7c for MC 1.10.2
- The campfire is no longer referred to as Smelter in minetweaker logs.
- Fixed campfire recipes remaining in JEI when removed through MineTweaker.
- Fixed untextured potion in beacon recipe.
- Made all removeOutput() functions stack-size insensitive, to conform to vanilla Minetweaker standards.
- Fixed alsoAxes and alsoPicaxes configs not working.
- Invalid JSON recipes no longer caused an NPE. Instead BB logs as many descriptive errors as it can, then asks FML to safely shut down the JVM.
- The Minecart with Kiln will no longer replace the Minecart with Furnace if the furnace module is disabled. Existing Minecart with Kiln entities will remain.
- Fixed achievement chat hover.
- Added Simplified Chinese Translation thanks to YiChenCraft.
Beta 0.9.8 R6c for MC 1.10.2
- Implemented throwable knives. Press and release right-mouse to throw knives.
- Fixed JEI documentation. Some items/block weren't documented, though they should have been.
- Some internal cleanup
- Fixed harvest tweaks still applying when "Module - Block breaking" is false
- Fixed hoppers pulling fuel out
- Fixed allowStringAsToolBinding not affecting recipes
- Fixed the Obsidian Kiln having the same speed as the standard Kiln. The Obsidian Kiln now smelts one item every 5 seconds rather than every 12.5 seconds.
Beta 0.9.8 R5c for MC 1.10.2
- Added Wicker Baskets
- Fixed issues with blocks that have -1 harvest level
- Fixed ACT not crafting multiple outputs when supplied with sufficient inputs if the recipe was not an ACT recipe
- Fix ovens consuming container items
- Improve block breaking algorithm
Beta 0.9.8 R4c for MC 1.10.2
- Fix catalyst size having to match exactly
- Potions no longer stack, due to the brewing stand not supporting that
- makeStuffStackable config now actually has an effect
- Fix issues with OreDict wildcard damage
Beta 0.9.8 R3c for MC 1.10.2
Important: This update changes internal registry names. Backup your worlds in case migration fails.
Important: This update will regenerate the .json recipe files. All changes will be lost! If you have made changes to the JSON configs, make a copy before updating BB so that you can easily readd your changes to the regenerated files.
Important: Remove all items from IRSs before updating to b0.9.8-R3c, or they will be lost!
- Fixed oredict problems with ACT catalysts
- Build against JEI 126.96.36.1993
- Fixed crash if mods attempt to convert a specialised furnace item into its corresponding blockstate
- Improved OreRecipeElement system
- Added OreDict support to all BB machines that didn't have it.
- ACT no longer destroys container items
- Changed registry and unlocalised names from camelCase to snake_case in preparation for the 1.11 port. BB will automatically migrate the ids
- Completely rewrote the Infusion Repair Station.
- Added CraftTweaker integration. Documentation can be found here.
Beta 0.9.8 R2c for MC 1.10.2
- Fix item hint not disappearing even though the correct item is inserted.
- Fix catalyst quantities sometimes displaying incorrectly in JEI.
- Fix Items remaining in the Infusion Repair Station clientside.
Beta 0.9.8 R1c for MC 1.10.2
- Implemented JSON config auto-regeneration system. When an update adds new recipes, the appropriate JSON config files will be automatically regenerated. If you have made changes to the JSON configs, make a copy before updating BB so that you can easily readd your changes to the regenerated files. This behaviour can be turned off in BB's config
- Added the beginnings of a Wicker Basket for early game storage. WIP, currently non-functional and uncraftable
- Fix Enchantment Diffusion not giving a properly enchanted book. There is still a client-server desync issue that causes items to continue rendering on the table clientside after they have been consumed.
- Added chain. It is used to craft chainmail. Will have more uses in future updates.
- Added Sugar Cane Strips, used to craft the Wicker Shield. Will have more uses in future updates.
- Added comparator support to Nether Brick Oven. The emitted redstone level depends on the amount of fluid in the NBO's fuel tank
- NBO fuel tank now only accepts lava
- NBO fuel tank can now be filled/emptied by right-clicking on the NBO with full/empty fluid containers
- Added Wicker Shield as an early game substitute for the vanilla shield.
- Fixed crash when getting tooltip for certain items in the double workbench
Beta 0.9.7 R1c-pre1 for MC 1.10.2
- Updated to 1.10.2
- Removed NEI integration
- Added JEI integration
- Tweaked attack damage of knives
- Set attack speeds for knives and rock hammer
- Campfires are no longer automatable
- Bugfix: Fixed packet threading
Beta 0.9.6 R2a for MC 1.7.10
- MT removeOutput() functions are no longer stack size sensitive, to conform to MT standards.
- Fixed oredict issues with ACT catalysts.
Beta 0.9.6 R1a for MC 1.7.10
- Port 1.10.2 MT support to 1.7.10
- Fix catalyst size having to match exactly with the recipe catalysts
- Fix FMLRenderAccessLibrary crash
- Fix catalysts having incorrect stacksizes in NEI
Beta 0.9.5 R7a for MC 1.7.10
- Fixed MineTweaker-related crash.
Beta 0.9.7 R1
- JSON loading complete for Kiln, Smelter, Brick Oven, Advanced Crafting, and Recipe Removal.
- JSON loading now supports 'include' files, which support mod dependencies
- All Kiln, Smelter, Brick Oven, and Advanced Crafting recipes are moved to JSON loading and fully customizeable.
- DELETE YOUR config/betterbeginnings/kiln FOLDER BEFORE UPDATING, OR YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE THE KILN!
- Added tooltip to roasting stick to indicate use with marshmallows.
- Bugfix: Smelter Boosters act as either 50% or 100% regardless of actual boost value.
- Bugfix: Occasional NEI crash with campfire recipes.
- Bugfix: Repair Infusion doesn't work with bows, fishing rods, and flint & steel.
Beta 0.9.5 (1.7.10) R7
- Full Minetweaker support, thanks to
- Bugfix: Duplication glitch. Don't go back to an old version to abuse it.
Beta 0.9.6 (1.8 only) R1
- Updated to Forge 1577.
- Lots of internal changes, including a major code cleanup by Leviathan143.
- Major rework of smelters. Ore doubling is now dependent on smelter and "booster" (replaces gravel) in addition to the recipe.
- Moved config file to its own folder. Delete or move the old config file when updating.
- Reworked campfire. Rotisserie now cooks slower than without, and pan cooks faster. Base campfire speed buffed.
- Changed campfire recipe to require three sticks and either a sapling, leaf block, vine, or tall grass ("itemKindling"). See NEI for details.
- Changed roasting stick recipe to use two sticks and a knife (shapeless).
- Changed rotisserie recipe to require two roasting sticks and two of either string or twine ("itemStringTough") in an X pattern (see NEI).
- Added ability to make twine out of tall grass and ferns.
- Charred meat is now a meta-item, with differing textures based on its origin. The food value of each is the same no matter what though.
- Increased food value of charred meat to 2.5 shanks, and decreased saturation to 2.0.
- Added "shortcut" recipe for leather strips from rabbit hide.
- Bugfix: Single Workbench closes instantly when opened.
- Bugfix: Duplication glitch. Don't go back to an old version to abuse it.
- Bugfix: Custom names for furnaces appear to not persist after world unload.
- Bugfix: Rabbits and sheep dropping cooked rabbit and mutton when on fire even when "Flaming animals drop charred meat" is set to true.
- Bugfix: Recipes involving knives act funny when ProjectE is installed.
Beta 0.9.5 (1.7.10) R6
- Some minor internal changes.
- Bugfix: Duplication glitch. Don't go back to an old version to abuse it.
- Bugfix: Recipes involving knives act funny when ProjectE is installed.
Beta 0.9.5 (1.8 & 1.7.10) R5
- Added recipe for blaze powder that does not require the nether. Configurable.
- Added blaze powder back as a catalyst for diamond pickaxe. Configurable.
- Bugfix: OreDictionary catalyst items not consumed when not the primary item.
- Bugfix: Tools with multiple types are not treated as both pickaxes and axes even when added to config.
Beta 0.9.5 (1.8 & 1.7.10) R4
- Bugfix: Config options for "Always Breakable", "Also Pickaxes", and "Also Axes" now function properly. They now load postinit instead of preinit.
Beta 0.9.5 (1.8) R3 (hotfix)
- Bugfix: Server (?) crashes with NullPointerException from trying to access a null list of "always breakable" blocks.
Beta 0.9.5 (1.8 & 1.7.10) R2
- WARNING: I have moved a config option to a different category. Please delete the "general > always breakable" option, or your entire betterbeginnings.cfg file.
- Added compatibility feature to denote items as axes and pickaxes. See config for details.
- Bugfix: Moved always breakable list to the tweaks category, and made it actually work now.
- Bugfix: Knives consumed when used in crafting recipes at double workbench (now fixed in both versions).
- Bugfix: Ghost items in double workbench show for all recipes, not just the first one (only applies to 1.7.10).
Beta 0.9.5 (1.8 & 1.7.10) R1
- New versioning system. Releases for different versions of MC will have a letter attached indicating which part of the mod version. For example: "R1a" for MC 1.8.
- Added enchantment diffusion, a new mechanic using cloth and the repair infusion table. See info above (and wiki) for details.
- Renamed "Spit" to "Rotisserie". This will delete all spit objects in your world. However, as the item is extremely cheap, you almost certainly won't lose much at all.
- Block break requirement messages changed to use more human-readable tool tier names in 1.8, to match 1.7.10.
- Bugfix (MAJOR): Cannot craft diamond pickaxe as it requires blaze powder, which requires a nether portal, and thus obsidian, and thus a diamond pickaxe.
- Bugfix: Block-breaking mechanics now ignore fake players. This means no more crashing with BC Quarries.
- Bugfix: Knives consumed when used in crafting recipes at double workbench (bug was 1.8 only).
Beta 0.9.4 (1.8 & 1.7.10) R1 & 2
- Block breaking mechanics no longer have localization support (part of first bugfix below).
- String and twine can now be used as tool bindings in place of leather strips, though at a higher cost (configgable).
- Added config option for furnaces "module". Disabling this module will revert to vanilla smelting.
- Removed cloth armor.
- Bugfix: Dedicated server losing sync with client on block break event.
- Bugfix: Infusion Repair Table renders as plain block (no TESR), sometimes crashing. (1.8 only)
- Bugfix: Hammer treated as fists in block breaking algorithm.
Beta 0.9.4 (1.8 & 1.7.10) pre-1 & 2
- Campfire is mostly redone; now is quite useful in early-game.
- Added NEI support for campfire.
- Added 'Spit' (not that kind of spit) as early-game alternative to pan, crafted out of two roasting sticks.
- Infusion scroll messages are now language-independent (1.8 only).
- Infusion scroll is now shiny (1.8 only).
- Made marshmallows on sticks stackable up to 10.
- Updated 1.7.10 pan texture to match 1.8.
- Bugfix: TESR causes dedicated server to crash on startup (1.8 only).
- Bugfix: Various furnaces appear to be off when they are actually on.
- Bugfix: Right-clicking roasting sticks resets stack size to 1.
- Bugfix: Hopper drains fuel out of kilns.
- Bugfix: Shift-clicking food into regular brick oven crashes game.
- Bugfix: Infusion scroll is stackable. It shouldn't be.
- Bugfix: Knives rendering weird when held in third-person.
Beta 0.9.3 (1.8 & 1.7.10) pre-1 & 2
- Various config changes. You probably should delete your config file (.minecraft/config/betterbeginnings.cfg).
- Fire Bow and Campfire are now properly marked as WIP.
- Block break messages are now language-independent.
- Updated Smelter and Campfire optional recipes to the new Kiln recipes from 0.9.2.
- Added vanilla crafting table to "craftingTableWood" ore dictionary entry.
- Removed loading blocks and items through reflection. (1.8 only)
- Roasting stick is stackable up to 10.
- Marshmallows are now craftable. See NEI for details.
Beta 0.9.2 (1.7.10) pre-2
- Full NEI integration
- Various recipe-related tweaks and changes. See Issue #69 for full list.
- Now requires Forge 1448
Beta 0.9.2 (1.8) pre-1
- Full NEI integration
- Various recipe-related tweaks and changes, many of which specific to 1.8. See Issue #69 for full list.
- You can now see tooltips when rolling over catalyst preview items (which replaced ghost items)
- Now requires Forge 1450
- Bugfix: Crash/Disconnect/Freeze when interacting with Nether Brick Oven in various ways
Beta 0.9.1 (1.7.10)
- Bugfix: Certain blocks not breakable
- Bugfix: Cactus Green is unobtainable
- Bugfix: Crash when crafting Iron Helmet
- Bugfix: Flint Knife, Bone Pickaxe, and Flint Hatchet all usable as fuel in kilsn.
- Bugfix: Knife has no restrictions on block breaking
Beta 0.9.1 (1.8) pre-1
- Updated to 1.8 (duh)
- Now requires Forge 1334
- Completely reworked repair infusion mechanics. Now is 100% GUI-free!
- Fixed a ton of bugs in 1.7.10 version (see above)
- Various graphical tweaks to deal with 1.8 rendering system
- Renamed config options. Config file will need to be deleted when updating to this release.
- Lots of compatibility
- Now requires Forge 1230
- Recipes now use ore dictionary when possible
- Campfire! And a use for those marshmallows!
- Rock hammer allows you to get gravel by smashing cobblestone. That's not its only use, though.
- Bugfix: Nether Brick Oven now can actually accept (and save) fluid stored in its tank through BC pipes.
- Bugfix (sorta): Kilns lose track of cooking progress. This one somehow fixed itself.
- Added more achievements
- Bugfix: Ender smelter no longer drops regular smelter when broken
- Bugfix: Nether brick oven no longer drops regular brick oven when broken
- Bugfix: Duplication glitch. Not saying anything more.
- Bugfix: Fixed crash with smelter
- Bugfix: Catalysts deleted when closing double workbench
- Bugfix: Can't make hardened clay in kilns
- Added Twine, alternative for string.
- Thread can now be used in place of string in many recipes.
- String is now obtainable from wool.
- More config options, especially recipe-related.
- Small crafting table recipes and smelter recipes are now ore dictionary compatible.
- Bugfix: Obsidian kiln no longer drops regular kiln when broken.
- Bugfix: Bows now require string and sticks when repaired via repair infusion station.
- Bugfix: Food is no longer craftable in bare crafting table.
- Added Nether Brick Oven recipe.
- 'Lots of bones' mechanic only works on peaceful now (configurable)
- Fixed crash with repair table.
- Initial release
This mod is open-source, licensed under a GNU GPL v3.0 License. It is available within License.txt in the repository, and is Linked here. This copyleft license does not mean the mod is public domain. When redistributing this mod, whether through a legitimate modpack or reposting it on a malware-infested advertising site (which unfortunately is allowed, provided you follow the other requirements), you must provide source code and this license. In the place of my source code, linking back to this page or the CurseForge project page is also allowed. If you modify the source code or distributed file in any way, you must link back to your own source code containing the modifications, in which case, linking to this page and the official CurseForge page is not enough.
Aug 7, 2011Cojomax99 posted a message on Tropicraft (v7.0) Tropical Realm, Palm Trees, Volcanoes, Beaches.Posted in: Minecraft ModsFollow me on Twitter! Follow @cojomax99If you have any questions, find your answers here first before asking us!To find downloads for Tropicraft, please visit:
Developers: Cojomax99, Corosus, Mr_okushama, tterrag, 303
To chat with the developers and fans with the mod, and to keep up with the latest updates as they come, join us on Discord!Here is the v5.0 release video made by MrRube:
This is Tropicraft, the utopian idyllic getaway that you have been waiting for!
Presenting TropicraftInnovative Terrain Generation...Plentiful Wildlife...Countless species of animals...
Extra-Special Thanks!First off, let me say that there are so many individual contributers to Tropicraft that there is no way for me to name them all. If you know you have helped, and I have left you off, please let me know, and I will add you immediately!
- MrRube (TheRubeinator) - Graphics, sounds, textures, videos, ideas (pi?a coladas), motivation, and so much more
- Solonox - Models, ideas, music, motivation, hanging out and being cool
- fotoply - Code, world's best bot (Also, the most annoying! )
- Pablomittens - Code, sillyness, mittenfish!
- Nominate10 - IRC support, all around bro, and proponent of every aspect of the mod!
- ZeuX - Techne modeler (That is an amazing program by the way), and all-around help. ZeuX has been one of the biggest supporters of my modding since before I began Tropicraft!
- Corosus - Tree Frog AI, Tropical Storms, and his uncanny knowledge of seemingly everything
- Medsouz - Oh, where to begin with Medsouz. He has certainly provided some great advice in the past, and will hopefully continue to do so in the future. Also, *insertshamelesspromotionofhissocialminermodhere*
- Malqua - We kinda picked up Malqua off of the proverbial streets, and took him into our channel, and he has flourished since! We have become great friends, and I hope he continues to support our mods!
- Dino462 - brb.....hehe, also, lots of positive support here. I hope to see a lot in the future from him!
- Fishtaco567 - This guy knows his music. Also, he possess an uncanny knowledge of how Notch's terrain generation works, which is why we "hired" him!
- All people on #Risucraft IRC chat
- Ribs206 - Coconuts
- Paraknight - Help with coconut chunk code
- Ri5ux - Made former Tropicraft logo at top of OP
- Omlet - Made current Tropicraft logo at top of OP
- Etalyx - For his amazing release videos
- GLaDOS - Hosting tropicraft.net, supporter from the very beginning, not even angry!
Develop with usTropicraft is open source! Join us on GitHub.
If you would like to support Tropicraft, feel free to use one of these in your signature:
<a href="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/533512-173-tropicraft/"><img src='http://i.imgur.com/NlEnP.png' /></a>
<a href="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/533512-173-tropicraft/"><img src='http://i.imgur.com/39lTE.png' /></a>
<a href="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/533512-173-tropicraft/"><img src='http://i42.tinypic.com/1jn2gj.png' /></a>
Sep 29, 2013Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Blocks3D mod turns previously 2D blocks into a 3Dish version. Simple enough yeah? This will work with any texture pack as it uses the same method as Minecraft does for held items.
Ok, 1.8/snapshots have had a lot more effort put into the model files, Hopefully before a release they allow every block to be edited. I should be able to create actual 3D versions of the models. Although this will be limited to the default texture pack. I believe my mod will be obsolete once 1.8 comes out and Resource pack artists do there work with the new model files.
Yep, New updates have proven that this mod will die with 1.8.. we had a short run! but in the end of the day we have had something similar add'd to vanilla! I may work on another mod at some point, but in the meantime this mod will no longer be updated. Thanks for believing in it!
YOU are all AWESOME!
Thankyou to MinecraftUniversefor the amazing Mod review!Thankyou to Blgr64 for this Comparison Video.Thankyou to jimmytfan for doing a mod review An amazing review from JANKYkev!Another amazing review from zXSubzerozXz!Thankyou YinTaiYangfor the comparison video!Thankyou to mce626 for an amazing mod
review! Thanks to Els236
Thanks to ThePacerGamer
Please click the standard link unless it doesn't work for you.
How to Install
Download Forge - Link
Download My Mod - Above
Run the Forge Installer JAR
Install forge for Client
Copy Blocks3DMod.jar into your .Minecraft/Mods folder
make sure Blocks3DMod is a JAR-File and not a ZIP!
sometimes magical things happen and it changes.
Run minecraft with the Forge ProfileCheck Blocks3D in the Mods Page inside minecraftDone
Thanks to some help from TorchRJ_ we have came up with a workaround until I work out how to get it work with optifine properly.You can use MagicLauncher to get both Optifine and Blocks3D to work.Install MagicLauncher - Link Click Setupchoose your forge profilePlace Optifine inside a folder other than "Mods" as it will double write if it isAdd Optifine to the top box "Mods"You should see "Blocks3DMod" In the bottom box already, if its not make sure its placed in the mods folderClick the Advanced TabAdd "-Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies=true" to the Parameters boxAll should work WARNING!This will override Optifines RenderBlocks file, causing features like better snow to not work.
Feel free to use my mod in your modpack! All I ask is that you post a link to your pack for me to see!
Resource Pack Artists
Feel free to use my mod when making screenshots. If you did please put a link back to this mod though
You do NOT have the right to release this mod unless given the right by myself, You MAY look at the code for personal use. Use of this mod is at your own risk, I will NOT be held responsible for anything that may happen.
Feb 23, 2012Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Hey there guys!
Im here to present the updated and continued version of MyrkMods Herblore Patch!
Credits to Intaler for the Tobacco and Toke textures!Credits to ElpiusAmpora for other item textures!
Confused about the new 2.0 update?Read about the changes here:
Pipes can be smoked with by holding right click. It will consume one grinded bud from your inventory.
Joints can be stacked to 4.
The hookah can be activated by a right click with flint and steal. This will consume some toke from your inventory.
The next right click will smoke it.
The more you smoke the darker the screen will get.
Smoking grants minor health regeneration and movement speed.
If the high gets above 8 minutes you will overdose.
Planting the seed will place a hemp plant.
Destroying the hemp plant will return a hemp leaf.
Hemp will grow 2 blocks tall before growing a toke head on the 3rd.
The toke head drops toke bud, and has a random chance to drop seeds.
I recommend only harvesting the middle of the plant when fully grown, since the seeds are rare.
The toke plant doesn't need to be placed next to water, but does need to be in direct sunlight or directly under glowstone or redstone lamps. (Light must be placed either 1 or 2 blocks above the plant for it to grow)
The drying table is used to dry toke bud or mushrooms.
The table doesn't require fuel but must be placed in the sunlight.
Grinding has stayed the same.
Here is a video AvailableWzrd created to demonstrate the update.
Other Spotlights!(Outdated) GERMANRemember to check the Changelog every update!I have to right to completely ignore your question if its answered in the F.A.Q.
Who is this mod aimed at?
Single player adventurers who want to spice up their world!
This mod has been made to add to minecraft without outweighting the balance of the game, without giving diamonds for dirt.
There is no generation code in this mod, so you wont need to restart a new minecraft world to play, you just install and starting toking.
What is it?
Now toke is famous for its proven healing effects, so we decided to bring it to minecraft.
To gain toke you must find a village. In the village there is a random chance that one of the houses will spawn a hookah and drying table inside with toke growing in the backyard.Along with the house comes a dealer villager that wears a dark blue robe. You can trade with him for seeds and bud.When you harvest that toke, you can plant them just like sugar-cane and start your own toke farm.Be careful where you plant it, if you break the base again it wont give you seeds back.
To feel the healing effects of the herb, it must be smoked.
So how do i smoke it?
To feel the benificial healing effects of the toke, you must smoke it.
You can smoke it in many ways.
Through a glass bong, pipes, joints, cookies, brownies and hookahs!
Smoking it will heal your health immediately, but give you the munchies.
Consuming the cookies and brownies will refill your hunger bar!Once you have obtained some toke bud, dry it in the drying table to produce dried bud.With the dried bud in your inventory, hold right click with grinder item and it will slowly convert it to grinded toke bud.
Bongs heal a considerable amount of health and have 3 uses, but are annoying to craft since you need to be near a crafting table to pack it.
Pipes are a more efficient way to smoke it, you can craft the pipes out of wood, stone, iron, gold, and diamond.
The better the material you make it out of, the more health, longer high and less of the munchies you get.
The joint heals heaps but uses a lot of toke! When smoked it leaves you with a roach which can then be smoked in the bong or crafted into a new joint.
Crafting RecipesFor some of the updated recipes check this out! Made by grandecarinha.
*** Please note, many of these recipes below are now irrelevant. I need to update it. I recommend using NEI to get the recipes. ***
1. Install the latest version of Forge.
2. Drop the downloaded .zip into /mods folder.Change-log24/03/14 - 2.1g Changed the code so that the seedlings will generate in any biome with the biome registry of FOREST. This should allow them to spawn in modded forest biomes.
23/03/14 - 2.1f Removed Dealer Villages. Added toke and tobacco seedlings that generate around forests.
14/09/2013 - 2.1e Improved the high effect, by slowing the player and smoothing their mouse movement. Milk no longer cures the high, munchies or trip. Made the special toke overlay optional, since it wasnt working for some people. Other miscellaneous fixes and changes.
27/07/2013 - 2.1d Fixed server crash. Fixed villagers. Dealer houses now spawn with either tobacco or toke in their backyard.
12/07/2013 - 2.1c Updated to the latest recommended forge build. 188.8.131.529
12/07/2013 - 2.1b Updated to MC 1.6.2. Reduced item IDs. Lots of internal code changes, getting ready for the new high system.
15/05/2013 - 2.1a Updated to minecraft 1.5.2.
Drying Items render on top of the table now.
Drying time increased.
Drying table requires full sun.
Increased toke seed drop rate from 1/5 to 1/3.
Bongs are now crafted with glass panes instead of glass blocks.
Added hemp thread.
Changed hemp recipes around, rope now requires thread.
When on a toke high you now get paranoid.
Reduced the harshness of the toke high overlay.
Added a colour trip to the shroom high.
Changed "Nausea" potion effect name to "Trip".
Removed the toke high overdose.
Changed the textures of Sanded Wood, Pipe Filter, Joint, Grinders, Hemp, Toke and Rope.
Toke now must grow on tilled field, and only grows 2 blocks high. (Still requires direct sunlight or glowstone above it)
Added Tobacco crops.
Tobacco can be used to create Cigars and Cigarettes.
Tobacco can be used in pipes. (Always smokes the toke from your inventory before tobacco)
Smoking tobacco can give you resistance and damage boosts.
Hemp rope now works correctly.
Various bug fixes, including the MCPC+ bug. (I hope) 24/03/2013 - 2.0d Updated to minecraft 1.5.1.
20/03/2013 - 2.0c Fixed joint bug. Fixed magic shroom bug.
17/03/2013 - 2.0b Fixed critical texture bug and other various bugs.
17/03/2013 - 2.0 Updated to MC 1.5. Revamped the whole high effect. Changed the pipes to no longer need a crafting table to be packed. Added a dealer villager with a dealer house. Added the drying table. Added a hookah to smoke with. Added hemp. Added magic mushrooms. Converted to Forge. Added SMP compatibility. Fixed miscellaneous bugs.
2/11/2012 - 1.5 Minor changes. Removed drying table. Updated to minecraft 1.4.2. 1.4.5. 1.4.7.
18/08/2012 - 1.4.2 Minor changes. Updated to Minecraft 1.3.2. Added worldgen.
11/8/2012 - 1.4 Cleaned/Re-wrote code. Removed bugs. Drying table still doesnt work. (ModLoader problem) Grinding is now more interactive. (Hint: hold right click) Toke crop changed back to sugarcane-like plant. Removed smoking actions for compatibility. No more base class edits! Bong now has 3 uses. Villagers now deal toke. Toke no longer drops from tall grass. Can now be installed into the /mods folder. Grinder now gets clogged and gives you kief. Smoking no longer takes food, but gives the hunger negative potion effect.
6/8/2012 - 1.3d Drying Table Temp-fix (Now dry toke in furnace).
5/8/2012 - 1.3c Quick update to MC 1.3.1.
8/6/2012 - 1.3b Fixed grinder dupe glitch. Fixed toke not grinding glitch.
5/6/2012 - 1.3 Changed toke to grow like wheat now. Added toke seeds. Removed grinding table. Grind toke with the item in the crafting table now. Added Config File!
Special ThanksThanks to MiniatureTuxedo for helping me with updating the source code from b1.8.1 to 1.0!
Thanks to Spaces for helping me out with the earlier versions of the mod!
Thanks to the Myrk brothers for starting this wonderful mod!Thanks to Vazkii for miscellaneous code help. Thanks to Intaler for the tobacco and toke textures. Thanks to ElpiusAmpora for some item textures.
Download Link1.6.4 Universal - http://adf.ly/5AlpE V2.1f1.5.2 Universal - http://adf.ly/RwUmd V2.1a1.5.1 Universal - http://adf.ly/P42M8 V2.0d
1.3.2 SSP - http://adf.ly/EHiJgV184.108.40.206.2 SMP - http://adf.ly/CZgeW V1.4.2
1.2.5 SSP - http://adf.ly/BXcDC V1.3b
Quote from original owner, Kmyrk.I heavily discourage anyone from taking/stealing/borrowing/or using any bit of calebmanley's code, texture, or any other media that he has worked on without his permission. The only material that people can use is what I made available upon the original myrkmod thead. If you don't want to update the code or textures, and if Caleb doesn't want you, then your SOL.
I give my full support behind calebmanley and his uptaking of my project. It was hard letting it go, but having Caleb pick it up and to see it being updated and used by so many people makes me proud to have been part of a project that has now turned into something quite special. Thank you Caleb for continuing on the myrkmod herblore project!
- Liability -I do not condone the use of illegal substances.This mod is recommended for ages 16+
- Terms and Conditions -
You must not redistribute, repackage or mirror the direct download link. If you want to share the mod, tell them the adf.ly link or forum post link.
If you make a video/spotlight I would appreciate it if you linked back to this thread in the comments.
You must not edit, and redistribute the contents of this mod, and share it as your own work.
This mod(Herblore) is Copyright (calebmanley) and is the intellectual property of the author. It may be not be reproduced under any circumstances except for personal, private use as long as it remains in its unaltered, unedited form. It may not be placed on any web site or otherwise distributed publicly without advance written permission. Use of this mod on any other website or as a part of any public display is strictly prohibited, and a violation of copyright.
Herblore may be used in your mod pack so long as you give credit where due and link back to this thread. I would appreciate it if you also send me the link, this is not required though!If you are adding this to your website or creating a video, please provide a link back to this thread.Do not mirror the download link, only provide the adfly link.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.