- Registered Member
Member for 10 years, 5 months, and 23 days
Last active Mon, Dec, 26 2016 23:29:38
- 0 Followers
- 1,170 Total Posts
- 42 Thanks
Sep 11, 2012Uh, not particularly. They already drop gunpowder, which is vital to TNT. Plus, I never use TNT for practically anything in survival, so I don't personally see the usefulness. But, I could see someone who uses a bunch of TNT liking it, so I guess I'm pretty much neutral. It wouldn't bug me or anything, I just wouldn't care.Posted in: Suggestions
Sep 6, 2012RedMineWolf posted a message on [Adv/Puz] Sherlock Holmes and the Blocky Conspiracy (9000+ Downloads!)Thank you for over 8000 downloads!Posted in: Maps
Aug 30, 2012RedMineWolf posted a message on [Adv/Puz] Sherlock Holmes and the Blocky Conspiracy (9000+ Downloads!)Posted in: MapsQuote from Vojife
Alright, thanks. =)
Oh, by the way, was it you who talked as Sherlock in the cutscenes? Whoever it was, I'd recommend him to go into some acting. ;D
Yeah, that was me doing the voice of Sherlock. And in fact, I actually do some acting in school and local theater groups.
Aug 5, 2012RedMineWolf posted a message on Will Singleplayer return to the old style Singleplayer?Most likely not. They aren't going to go through all the trouble of combining single and multiplayer to just separate them, and I don't think they should. Future updates will most likely fix the issues that have come about, but separating the two would just be a step backwards. They might as well keep going and fix the problems they have now instead of just undoing it. And personally, I think it will be a bit improvement down the line for both modes.Posted in: Recent Updates and Snapshots
Jul 29, 2012Age: 17Posted in: Other Help
Do you have Skype: No
Do you have Hamachi: Yes
What is your writing style: Almost all science fiction or fantasy.
How long have you been writing: Probably six years or so
Why do you want to become a Writer: I enjoy it, and it's something I think I'm decent at.
Jul 21, 2012Posted in: Survival ModeQuote from freddyJkruger3
I love creative and they should keep that, but they SHOULD remove the hunger bar or at least give an option to able or disable it
Maybe not remove it, but I do agree with making it a world generation option.
Jul 7, 2012Not a bad idea, sacrificing the egg in the nether, but maybe make it something other than a dragon, since there already is one in the end. Also, you'd have to get something worthwhile from it. Maybe you would get another egg, but can hatch this one back in the overworld? Sort of like you had to "purify" the Ender Dragon egg?Posted in: Suggestions
Jul 6, 2012This video shows off a creation of a slim farm that utilizes water physics and a preciously timed lava blade to deliver both slime balls and experience points. Let us know what you think!Posted in: Redstone Discussion and Mechanisms
- To post a comment, please login.
Mar 9, 2011iChun posted a message on [1.6.X] Portal Gun - Reconstructed [v1] - Rewritten... again.Portal GunPosted in: Minecraft Mods
We have moved info & content offsite!Find everything you need here!Mod support has moved to the IRC Channel, #iChun on espernet.Ask for pig.
Old topic, last updated November 2012.
1.4.5v1 onwards has been documented. Read this till I can bring myself to editing the topics: http://ichun.us/port...inecraft-1-4-5/
1.4.6 mods work on 1.4.7 and vice versa.
In the first week of January I will begin to make changes to the mod page on my blog, so if you're still using the old version (pre-rewrite) I suggest you go read them up before the information gets updated.
Recommended you use Forge 482 or later, due to an important fix in FML.
- Crashing with: cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: portalgun.common.PortalGun Please check the new installation instructions below, you no longer have to extract the mod. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO EXTRACT THE ZIP FILE.
- See through portals doesn't work right.
- If you are having issues, be sure to read the FAQ before asking something that's been addressed a thousand times.
- We now have a wiki! Feel free to contribute to it here!
- Just to clear things up, I DID NOT use the same method as the CCTV mod to make portals see through. Its a completely different way.
The old portal gun trailer back in Beta 1.3_01. Good times.
A little short I made:
Some other videos:
Here's a really good trailer made by Volxleet
Here's an awesome mod spotlight by Direwolf20, explaining what's new in v2.
Here's the sequel to his spotlight, showcasing the new features added since his last video
Here's a really awesome mod spotlight by PureSalvation17, showing off what's in the mod including turrets in 1.1.0v5!
Another one from Kane_Hart, also explaining what's new.
This here's a nice remake of the Portal 2 ending by gruntpie224
Uses Minecraft Forge 184.108.40.2069 or later.
Uses block IDs 204, 205 and 206, item IDs 13200+, net IDs 150+ by default. Can be changed in properties file.
Specific parts of the mod can be disabled to free up block/item IDs if required.
The properties file can be found in the /config/ folder.
Thanks to Valve for the original game concept and sounds.
- Properties files - Dedicated server properties files come in two places. One in the world save folder, one in the /config/ folder.
- Commands - The mod adds several commands which can be listed down by typing "pg" in the server console of "/pg" as an Op.
- The difference is the one in the /config/ folder are for block/item/net IDs etc while the one in the world save folder is for directly changing (mostly) gameplay mechanics.
- These include changing mod properties in-game, as well as clearing out portals.
Mod Part 0:
Default Portal Gun
Atlas' Portal Gun
P-Body's Portal Gun
- Fire Portals with the left and right mouse buttons.
- Zoom in and out with the middle mouse button.
- Grab blocks or entities with the "G" button.
- Reset portals with the "R" button.
- For the bacon gun, the portal's colour is randomly generated. However, it can be defined in the properties file.
- This is your special set of portals on SMP. Unique per individual.
- When placed, a GUI will pop up asking you to set the colour, and if the portal stays open if redstone power is cut.
- When powered with redstone, it will spawn a portal based on the colour you set.
- Accepts any type of portal gun.
- Automatically fire portals when it receives redstone current.
- Portal Gun can be retrieved by right clicking or walking into them
- Fires only one type of portal.
- Will automatically merge with the single coloured portal gun of the other colour to form a dual portal gun.
- Can also be crafted together.
- Negates all your falling damage when worn!
- You can now enable a fuel option in 1.3.2v1 onwards in the config file.
- The fuel that the portal gun uses is in form of Ender Pearl Dust.
- One ender pearl dust is used every time you fire a portal.
- If you run out of ender pearl dust the portal gun will dim and refuse to fire.
Mod Part 1:
Weighted Storage Cube
Placing it in the world and right clicking it with a rose will transform it into a companion cube!
Whilst in your inventory, the companion cube will help heal you every 5 seconds!
Incinerating the cube (How could you!?) will cause it to leave behind a recorded message.
Smelting the disc will cause the plastic to deteriorate, changing the entire track!
Crafting two of the first discs together will also change the track.
- Plays the radio loop record repeatedly.
- Can be turned off with right click (configurable)
Weighted Companion Cube Vent
- Placed on ceilings.
- Requires redstone power.
- Cubes deployed cannot be broken.
- Redeploys new cube if redstone is still supplied and cube gets destroyed.
Right clicking the cube with cyan dye will make it bouncy! Get rid of the bounciness by putting it in water.
(Initially a request by TheFrogMC for the portal 2 gels mod, but I found it too fun to make it exclusive to that mod)
Mod Part 2:
Material Emancipation Grid
- These are placed from wall to wall, and has a maximum range of 15 blocks.
- Pouring fluid through it will disable it.
- These grids have several modes, which are configurable in the properties file.
- These grids are also configurable to have to be redstone powered.
Mod Part 3:
(Model made in Techne)
- Shoots anything, configurable in properties file.
- Has range of 20 blocks, also configurable.
- Fires 20 bullets a second.
- Will die if pushed over.
When sentry turrets get smelted, their sleek body polish melts off and their circuits gets messed up!
Mod Part 4:
Aerial Faith Plates
- Can be placed on floors, walls and ceilings.
- Wall plates can be oriented to look upwards or downwards.
- Right click to adjust the power.
- Can be set to be redstone powered to work.
- Intelligently indicates if it is indirectly being powered by redstone
- Warning: Will not increase intelligence if ingested.
Mod Part 5:
High Energy Pellet Launcher
- Launches a High Energy Pellet when powered by redstone.
- High Energy Pellets disintegrates living things on contact (Configurable to knockback)
- High Energy Pellets spontaneously combusts if it bounces too many times, travels too far or lives for too long.
- Catches a High Energy Pellet to provide redstone power.
- Can be sneak right-clicked to release caught High Energy Pellet.
Mod Part 6:
Discouragement Beam Emitter
- Forms a high powered laser when powered with redstone!
- Lasers travel 40 blocks maximum from the last object portal/cube it goes through, to a maximum of 20 objects (This is so to prevent any overloading of the game)
- Can be configured to cause damage to living creatures.
- Due to my limitation in Mathematics, lasers will only go directly vertical, even when going through a wall portal at an angle into a ceiling/floor portal. (Sorry!)
- Receives laser as its input to produce redstone power.
- Detects the presence of a laser going through it to produce redstone power.
- Refracts a Thermal Discouragement Beam to the direction it faces.
- Grabbed with the G (default) button.
- Becomes bouncy if right clicked with cyan dye!
- Check Weighted Cube Vents for info.
- Will temporarily save player status, portals, and portal entities at the moment when the player walks pass it, set in the GUI.
- Restores the above when the player dies and respawns (Note, this will move you away from your bed [if present] after you respawn).
- Also can power redstone 2 blocks below it like pressure plates.
1. Go to your minecraft folder. (If you don't know how to, look it up)
2. Place the zip file in the /mods/ folder and run the game.
3. If you want to change a setting (eg: a block id), go to /config/ and open "PortalGun.properties" with your favourite text editor.
1. Drop the zip in the /mods/ folder of the server root folder.
- The mod requires Forge 220.127.116.110 or later.
- The mod DOES NOT auto resolve ID issues like some other mods.
- Do check the default properties file, enough comments have been added for your understanding.
- The server only works on VANILLA server at the moment.
>>> by stonecold913==================================================
>>> by stonecold913
>>> by futureproof101
>>> by iToastNinja
- If your screen turns black or freezes when there's a portal around, disable see through portals
as that is causing the issue.
- See through portals are NOT PERFECT. This means there may be conflicts with other GUIs and such.
If the issues caused by it are unbearable, turn it off or set to static image.
- Advanced OpenGL being enabled causes flickering issues with see through portals.
- The sky will flicker while you're in your inventory and looking at a see through portal.
<Stripped> Check the more updated one, here: http://ichun.us/mods/portalgun/faq/==================================================
Portal in Minecraft now has a wiki! Feel free to contribute to it!
Many thanks to ALeone for starting it up.
Feel free to posts your maps here!
Do note that I only accept mods that use 1.1.0v2 or later.
If you want to make a change to the the properties, use the world properties file, in the save directory! Just make sure worldOverride is set to 1 and all is good!
If you are posting in the forums, be sure to title your map with the prefix [Portal]!
If you feel your blockID should not be picked up by the gun, feel free to add it to the mod's block grabbing blacklist. Simply execute this function once. Can be metadata specific.
portalgun.common.PortalGun.addBlockIDToGrabList(int blockID); or portalgun.common.PortalGun.addBlockIDToGrabList(int blockID, int metadata);
If you feel that your entity should not be targeted by turrets, execute this function once on load.
Don't like the textures that come with the mod? Feel free to replace them with these!
Note: I provide absolutely no support for these.
Feel free to set this as your signature!
This mod (plugin, a patch to Minecraft source, henceforth "Mod" or "The Mod"), by the terms of http://www.minecraft.net/copyright.jsp is sole property of the Mod author (iChun, henceforth "Owner" or "The Owner"). By default it may only be distributed on minecraftforums.net, mcmodcenter.net. It may only be mirrored or reposted with advance written permission of the Owner. Electronic Mail is fine if you wait for a response. URL shorteners or other attempts to make money off The Owner's Mod are strictly forbidden without advance written permission
Please donate! I'd really appreciate it!
Donate to iChun
If you're having issues with the download, use the mediafire mirror. If even that fails, be patient and wait for the links to be back up.
You need forge!
You need forge!
You need forge!
Downloads have moved to ichun.us!
Many thanks to
for providing hosting!
You can still download 1.5.1 here.
Aug 16, 2012Posted in: Survival ModeQuote from beansauce420
Everyone is just giving me work arounds "place only the blocks the endermen dont pick up." "make a endermen proof house" "get a mod" All im trying to say is I shouldnt have to do any of this stuff. It's enough that I have to reinforce my house and the surrounding grounds with cobble incase of creeper.....but to limit myself to only a certain type of block for building? thats just ridiculous.
I think taxes should be deleted. The IRS keeps coming and taking my stuff or garnishing my wages. Everyone keeps giving me work arounds "Pay your taxes" "It's the law" "Setup a savings account" All I'm trying to say is I shouldn't have to do any of this stuff.
Jul 12, 2012First off I know that people have suggested boiling water before, but it looks like most of their suggestions didn't have a really practical purpose to them.Posted in: Suggestions
What I was thinking is to make boiling water usable in the upcoming 1.3 update. You could place the boiling water inside a dispenser and when activated, the boiling water would pour down on the enemy from above. I think that the boiling water should not be a stream coming from a source block indefinitely, but rather have aprx. 5-7 blocks worth of water be produced and then dissipate once the water hits a solid surface.
I'm not sure if this could be implemented easily, but if an animal such as a chicken, cow or pig wanders into a boiling water trap and dies, they would drop the cooked variation of the food which they would normally drop. (If somebody could inform me on the possibility of this that would be appreciated. I don't know if there can be modifiers on what the mob drops based on how it was killed)
Boiling water will not destroy the environment or your house when it is used on a mob.
A benefit of boiling water over lava as a trap would be that it would not burn up items which mobs drop, therefore making it a good option for harvesting drops and XP from mobs.
Boiling water could inflict a half a heart of damage for each block of water which comes in contact with the enemy (Even though there may only be 5 blocks of water flowing out, each block would likely hit the enemy more than once if it doesn't move out of the way)
[It appears I need to clarify something here. This trap would likely not kill any aggressive mob unless it was already injured. The max damage I can see this doing is 7 hearts worth, and that is if the mob just stands in the way of it and takes it. On the low end I can see this doing about 2.5 hearts worth. This is NOT intended to be a fatal trap to aggressive mobs by itself. With this being said, farm animals would be much more likely to take a fatal amount of damage from this, which I think is just fine and would make it very useful in automated farms used to collect drops from pigs, cows, chickens, etc.]
Put your regular bucket of water in the furnace with a bucket of lava to produce a bucket of boiling water. I think the recipe should require a bucket of lava instead of just coal or any other fuel source to make it slightly more challenging to acquire.
Feedback is appreciated. Let me know what you think about the damage and usage and if you have any tweaks.
Jun 17, 2012rsmalec posted a message on [Adv/Puz] Sherlock Holmes and the Blocky Conspiracy (9000+ Downloads!)Review Summary:Posted in: Maps
Wonderfully detailed map with a clever whodunnit storyline. The video cutscenes were a little rough, and the redstone puzzles didn't quite flow with the first 3/4 of the map, but overall it felt like a Sherlock Holmes mystery.
My Total Playtime: 1.5 hrs
Map Total Rating (out of 20): 15
ALL RATINGS ARE SUBJECTIVE!
Creativity: Applies to all map types. Unique theme. Utilizes Minecraft functions. Use of rules. Clever creations.
1 = below average
2 = average
3 = above average
4 = astounding!
Detail: Applies to all map types. Visual decor/detail. Consistency. Realism and/or appropriate to theme.
1 = below average
2 = average
3 = above average
4 = astounding!
Experience: (Adventure) Overall story effort and duration. Engaging. Consistent. Character motivation. Dialogue/Narration.
1 = below average
2 = average
3 = above average
4 = astounding!
Experience: (PvP, Survival, Puzzle Maps) Overall experience that I have while playing compared against what I believe is the theme/intent of the map. Rationale for character being in this situation. Motivation, Dialogue, or Narration, if exists.
1 = below average
2 = average
3 = above average
4 = Outstanding!
Difficulty: Applies to all map types. Puzzles. Mob/risk density and variety. Lighting. Hidden items/challenges
1 = Impossibly hard, may not be able to see the end of the map without cheating
2 = Too easy
3 = At least one element is Challenging (e.g. puzzles or mobs are well planned)
4 = Multiple elements are Challenging (e.g. puzzles -AND- mobs are well planned)
Progression: Applies to all map types. Pacing of scenes. Pacing of score, gear, loot. Experience builds or arcs. Clear delineation between "in character" and "out of character" notes/signs.
1 = below average; uneven or no progression
2 = average
3 = above average
4 = astounding!
Follow this link ( http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/260249- ) to see how your map compares to over 300 other maps that I've rated!
Follow this link ( http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/471572- ) for a checklist on testing for common issues in custom adventure maps!
Jan 5, 2012There are approximately one hundred things to know about minecraft. Give or give some more about five hundred.Posted in: Discussion
We will start off with number one.
1) If you die, you will respawn. In real life, that will not happen. Notch should seriously put up a disclaimer. Really.
2) Zombie pigmen are not to be messed around with. They will slaughter you. Then, when you respawn, they will slaughter you again. Have fun.
3) When people say STFU in minecraft multiplayer, it does not mean; "Some Times Flying Up"
So you can now stop saying ' Noob, no one flies up!'
And it definitely does not mean what you are thinking, perv.
4) Pigs will drop pork after you repeatedly punch them in the face. This does not happen in real life; usually the pig in question will try to kill you.
DO NOT PUNCH PIGS IN REAL LIFE!
I can not stress this enough. If you do somehow manage to kill a pig with you'r bare fists in real life, it will not drop pork. No! Instead, it will sit there (not disappearing) and rot.
Get you'r lazy butt up and skin it or something if you want pork.
5) Herobrine is not real. He is fake. This means that that white-eyed guy with the weird looking skin is, in fact, probably some sort of murderer. You should really stop letting him in your house. Even if that first time it was unintentional.
6) Never try to make a TNT house by a lake of lava.
Especially if you live in it, and you've spontaneously decided to put all your things in it.
7) Ghasts love lava. That means that your expertly rigged trap of lava made especially for ghasts, will not work.
It might work on pigs, though.
8) Never dress up as a creeper in survival multiplayer and creep up behind your friend.
Especially when you have all your diamonds in there.
He will steal them after killing you.
9) There is no Steve. The default skin you are wearing is actually a failed attempt at making a Herobrine mob. Now that you know your heritage, lets pick some flowers!
10) Roses are red, violets are-what the hell are violets?
Violets do not exist in minecraft.
Trying to create some will result in your permanent ban.
And the world will implode on itself.
(That's how black holes are made, people trying to make violets.)
11) In Minecraft, punching trees without an injury is possible.
Don't blame Mojang if you go to the hospital for trying to punch trees.
12)In Minecraft, zombies are easy to kill, and drop food when killed.
Just try not to go to the hospital after trying to eat that tough looking 'beef jerky' that you found on the floor.
You'll just spread the infection. And those neighbors might file that lawsuit against you, for being so addicted. To a game.
13)The Nether, in Minecraft, is a real place.
But don't blame Notch if you try to build an expensive obsidian portal in your backyard.
Oh, and try not to wake your neighbors up. They are trying to get some sleep, because you have finally stopped playing C418's album at the highest volume.
14) Gold in Minecraft is worthless. Not so much in real life. Don't blame Mojang if you lose thousands of dollars cause you threw your 'worthless' gold away.
15)In Minecraft, you can get hit by an arrow to the head, but your leather shoes will protect you from getting hurt.
Just don't expect to be shielded from gunshots when you are wearing kevlar boots.
16) There are no creepers in real life. Seriously. When you're at the library and you hear someone say
"Sshhhhh"behind you don't punch them to death.
17) In minecraft, although it takes forever, you can break stone by punching it. Just don't do it in real life, the hostpital bill
for broken bones is something like (infinity) plus (infinity).
18) In Minecraft, you seem to be able to survive drops up to 22 meters.
Might break a leg in real life, and see above for what happens after that.
19) Fishing has never been easier with Minecraft! Just sling your fishing rod (Made in your home, probably in Taiwan, with string from giant
spiders and two three small sticks) across any body of water - be it muddy water, sea water, water that just won't go down the toilet,
or even water with no life what so ever within it. About half a minute later, there will be a slight tug-oh wait... unrealistic physics,
I meant: no tug, and you will have caught a fish. Even if there are no fish in the water. Just don't file a lawsuit when
you die of hunger because you were fishing from the dead sea while playing survivor man.
20) You can exit from Minecraft any time you'd like. Not so in real life, just don't be surprised when you can't seem to exit from
'the game' when you are about to be caught by the police for animal abuse (see # 5).
20) Continuing what was said above, you cannot pause the world of reality by yelling "ESC! ESC!!!! EESSSCCC!!! ESSCC!!!!!!!!"
Oh, and don't act all surprised when you cant seem to be able to change the difficulty to peaceful. Serves you right for
taunting a raging bull.
21) If you have a server in Minecraft that has Bucket (or whatever it's called), you can ban that raging noob who is blowing everything up.
In real life you can't just say "/ban [insert noob's name here]".
In fact, I think saying '/' is physically impossible, the closest you could ever come is the English equivalent of the word, 'slash'.
22) Another thing about Bucket: you can use it to spawn items in Minecraft. Just don't think you can go around spending all your money and replenish the supply by saying '/give [Your name] 64 266'
23) Also, in Minecraft, you don't need social skills to survive. No one else lives in your world, unless you are in multiplayer.
Not so in real life.
That's why all your girlfriends left you and is also the reason why you got fired.
For playing Minecraft all the time.
24) In Minecraft, you make armor with iron ingots, gold ingots, diamond and leather. All you need to do is arrange them in a pattern that slightly resembles the piece you want to make.
In real life, it takes forever just to make leather armor.
I don't see how you could make diamond armor-not that you'd want to, as it isn't much stronger than iron armor.
Iron armor is usually divided into two groups: chain mail and plate armor.
Another thing: the armor won't just appear when you arrange the pieces around like that.
Not like that either.
No, it doesn't seem to work in that pattern...
25) In Minecraft, you can install mods. In real life, you can't.
Stop trying to insert that CD into life's CD tray - even if it only has a small mod burned onto it. Uploading it to life's computer banks won't work either.
Mainly because life isn't a computer.
26) This is a side effect of food-poisoning. Usually you'd throw up, but this side effect is that there is a random sentence or two in the middle of this thing.
27) Ever had food poisoning? Usually you get sick for about half a day, then throw up. Noooo... not in Minecraft. (We should know by now that Minecraft is... 'special'.) In Minecraft, instead of getting sick from rotting food, you have a 1/2 chance or so of getting sick. I'm pretty sure that in real life you are REALLY going to get sick if you eat that zombie flesh (especially if it's raw). That and the fact that it seems that the poison lasts for about fifteen seconds.
28) In real life, random music tracks do not start playing randomly. In Minecraft, you'll be mining that diamond you just found when all of the sudden, Wet Hands starts playing. You close your eyes for a second and finish mining. The creeper that was behind the diamond block explodes and sends you hurtling into the lava.
Even Itune's music selection doesn't cost that much.
29) What is this about food again?
In Minecraft, you usually just nibble on food and it doesn't disappear bite by bite. It's just there, then... POOF! Gone!
Another thing: the food passes straight through you, no digestive track or anything. In one end, ending the code for a script the other!
30) In real life, milk actually causes most poisons to become worse.
In Minecraft, it cures you of poison.
Don't be blaming Mojang when you are carrying half curdled milk around, expecting it to save you from that brown recluse's poison. Although you'll be dead of curdled milk and poison. The story of a Minecrafter's life.
31) This post obviously isn't Minecraft. Play it. Now.
That happens to be all, will post about 5 every day.
I'm not very good at this, but it will get better later. I promise. Really.
Stop giving me the Herobrine look. You know I hate it.
User commentary that may/may not be funny.
Wow, I'm glad I read this. I was starting to get frustrated the third time I was arrested for animal cruelty, those poor pigs.
I'm just so glad I now know that punching pigs in real life doesn't work.
Congratulations, I just wasted ten seconds of your life because you read the not so funny comments.
- To post a comment, please login.