- Registered Member
Member for 10 years, 7 months, and 22 days
Last active Wed, Mar, 28 2012 03:45:38
- 0 Followers
- 222 Total Posts
- 3 Thanks
Jul 27, 2011Posted in: ScreenshotsQuote from ShadowWolf937
:dry.gif: Herp derp
It's defiantly this.
Apr 1, 2011I think it depends on what walls you have. I prefer a material that contrasts my walls e.g. wooden walls with half block floors (stone) It's about personal preference. Make something that you feel happy with and to hell with everyone elses opinionsPosted in: Survival Mode
- To post a comment, please login.
Mar 27, 2011Kinniken posted a message on Millénaire - NPC village - 16/09/18 : Millénaire 7 open betaPosted in: Minecraft Mods
Millénaire forums for more in-depth discussions than here:
Millénaire 7.0 open beta! Millénaire 7.0 introduces two great new features: a reworked Norman culture and the construction of a massive, end-game marvel: Notre Dame of the New World! Head to the beta page for all the details and the download link.
Millénaire 6.2 for Minecraft 1.12 available!
Millénaire is now officially updated to 1.12.2. Download the new version on www.millenaire.org!
Millénaire is a single- and multi-player mod for Minecraft. It aims to fill the "emptyness" of single-player worlds by adding NPC villages to it, with loose 11th-century Norman, North Indian and Mayans themes and additional cultures planned.
Villages are populated with men, women and children of various kinds, who perform tasks such as trading with the player, expending current buildings or improving existing ones, cultivating crops such as wheat in Norman villages and rice in Indian ones, crafting tools and powerful amulets, etc. As the village expends, the number of villagers increases as couples have children who grow up into new adults.
Help villages grow by trading with them and be rewarded with unique items such as Normand and Indian food or statues and tapestries to decorate your house with. And if they start liking you enough, they might even build you a house of your own.
Millénaire is available in the following languages: French, English, German, Russian, Polish, Spanish, Czech, Swedish, Dutch, Portuguese, Slovenian, Hungarian, Chinese, Arab, Estonian, Norwegian, Ukrainian (more coming!)
Download Millénaire on Millenaire.org.
Want to know more first? Check the overview.
For more information, including a FAQ, known compatibility with other mods, and common install issues, you can check the Millénaire Wiki:
Millénaire Library of user-created content to extend the mod:
Millénaire forum for more in-depth discussions:
Come across small villages while exploring, such as this Norman settlement...
Millénaire review by CGzCinema showing the mod's main features
... or this Japanese one, centred on a rice paddy.
6.2.10 - 08/09/2019
- It is now possible to donate goods to villages for a big reputation boost
- Added two new advancements, Amateur Architect and Medieval Metropolis
- The keys for the Millénaire menu, the village list and the escort toggle are now set using the standard Millénaire UI
- Players' data is now linked to UUID not player name, enabling players to change their player name without losing their Millénaire progress
- Added two new commands, one to teleport players to a village and one to change a player's reputation with a village
- Fixed a bug where Millénaire stairs and slabs would have display issues when smooth lighting was off
- Fixed a bug where paths could be built over mud bricks
- Fixed a bug where the number of nights spent by a merchant in a village would reset when reloading the world
- Fixed a bug where sub-buildings would appear on the village map, hiding the main building
- Fixed a bug where middle-clicking a full path block in creative would give you a path slab
- Fixed a bug in the handling of Byzantine textures
- Content Creation improvements:
-- New format for buildings' text data, much easier to read than the old one
For older releases, check the wiki page: Millénaire Updates
Or discover a mysterious Mayan pyramid, abandoned in the jungle. (Texture pack: Soartex FanVer with Millénaire HD blocks)
Check the FAQ page on the Millénaire wiki: http://millenaire.or...ki/Category:FAQ
- MinerMiah for the Mayan culture (including skins)
- Minepower for the Japanese culture
- Rasseru for the updates to the Japanese culture
- Ticlon for the Byzantine culture and some of the lone buildings
- SMP for all the Indian skins. Great and fast job! Check also his texture pack that includes a full reskinning of Minecraft itself, Millénaire, and many other mods as well!
- johnlmonkey, Razulra, cubex3 and TheDoctorMouse for skins
- Nandonalt and karahan : some buildings
- joeyjam: icons for the Norman armour
- minami26: graphics for the Norman armour and icons for the Norman tools
- The MCP team, without whose work I would not have attempted this mod
- The #risucraft and #mcp-modding channels, and specifically _303, ZeuX and ProfMobius, for saving me a lot of time with timely help
- MineColony and Builders, for inspiration and useful examples of modding Minecraft
Listen to the villagers discussing their job, life or simply the weather.
Making new cultures
Since Millénaire 1.4, the bulk of a new culture can be made without code (not just buildings and village types like before, but new NPCs as well). As such I'm interested in player-made cultures to integrate in the main game, provided they fit the general theme of Millénaire of "real" cultures from around the 11th century. Players interested in producing one for Millénaire should PM-me about it. If we agree on the idea, I'll provide support in the form of help on how to mod Millénaire and in the form of whatever new code might be needed (for new items, blocks or good productions), though likely not with the buildings and NPCs themselves. I reserve the right to change anything I might not like in a culture I'm shipping with the mod itself, but in practice I intend to leave as much of a free hand as possible to culture designers.Contribution welcome, it helps make Millénaire a rich game!
See what they are doing and what they need in the villages' centres.
- There is a lot of content to fill up in the Millénaire Wiki, feel free to help: http://millenaire.org/wiki/
- Female and children sounds
- It would be very useful if people who have been playing for a while could post detailed accounts of how they play Millénaire, what they like/don't like, what their goals are when playing, etc. I need more comprehensive feedback, not just small reactions to individual features.
- New lone buildings: the more different kind of lone buildings (or variations of the same kind), the better. People wanting to do lone buildings in the same style as the existing ones are welcomed. You can post your creation in the thread, preferably with a screenshot. I'll add those I think fit in Millénaire.
Trade with them, to help their villages grow and gain unique blocks, foods and items.
Downloads are available from millenaire.org.
Thread for posters to discuss custom building plans in: http://www.minecraft...f=1039&t=253387
Wiki page with adapted texture packs: http://millenaire.or...i/Texture_Packs
Feel like paying me a cider? . Otherwise, I'm always looking for more SugarSync referrals (similar to DropBox but more generous free quotas). Note that you have to install the app, not just sign-in online, for me to get a quota bump.
See their villages develop in prosperous communities...
For more information, help, known bugs, etc., check the new Millénaire Wiki: http://millenaire.org/wiki/. Feel free to contribute!
...or massive fortresses surrounded by desert.
But be wary in your travels, for hostile bandits and soldiers can be waiting deep in the woods!
Encourage villages to trade with one another, or push them to war and see their men battling while the women and children
And when the pull of adventure becomes too strong, seek out the mysterious Sadhu in the forest to start a great quest on the origins of the world.
Who knows, you might even come across the mysterious Panthéon, the massive structure where the contributors and donors to Millénaire are immortalised.
Note to modpack makers: Millénaire can be freely added to modpacks provided you credit me and provide a pro-eminent link to millenaire.org.
Signatures by minami26 - now with dynamic version info:
This mod is Copyright (2011) and is my intellectual property. Only minecraftforum.net is allowed to host any of my material without my consent. It may not be placed on any web site or otherwise distributed publicly without advance written permission. Descriptions or other content on the mod (for example, reviews) are allowed as long as the download links provided point to this thread or to the Millénaire Wiki. Works derived from this mod in any significant way, for instance by re-using the mod's source code, are forbidden without written permission.
Mar 26, 2012Posted in: Server Support and AdministrationQuote from Prestonium
So i'm trying to set up my own server for me and a couple mates and I'm doing ok but I just can't seem to get port 25565 open. The server is running fine, I can connect with localhost as well as the internal IP but I can't get an external connection to work.
I'm using a 2wire 2701HGV-W if that helps.
By the type of router you have your on att-uverse. Here's the best place I can send you for help. They have dozens of pages that can help you.
Heres another that has tones of info on routers as old as yours. Direct link to the page you need.
Hope that helps.
Sep 7, 2011Hey guys, guess what. I play on peaceful with an inventory editor and a fly mod. Shoot me.Posted in: 1.8 Update Discussion
Minecraft is first and foremost a sandbox game. A genre which is supposed to let me play how I want to play.
There are people, including me, who do not like survival mode because they do not like fighting and do not like mining.
I like building much more than I like surviving. I'd much rather build a castle with creative mode in 2 hours than build the same castle in 2 weeks with survival.
You're trying to force people how to play a sandbox game the way you play it, without considering the consequences. For some people (including me) having to sit around grinding my way through mobs and caves in order to get enough experience to unlock creativity mode could make me quit playing the game altogether.
I am insulted at you for insinuating that my style of playing is wrong and should be stopped, when it's a ****ing sandbox play-however-you-want game.
Trying to make people play survival before they unlock creative would be exactly like making them play creative before they unlock multiplayer. And since you all so obviously hate creative mode with a burning passion then I'm sure you wouldn't be happy about that.
One guy said he doesn't play on singleplayer because he has no reason to and liked multiplayer better. How about they make you play singleplayer for a while and gather enough xp to unlock multiplayer? Does that make for a fun time? No it doesn't. You'd be angry because you don't like singleplayer and you'd be forced to play a style you don't want.
Another guy said that he's arguing this because he feels that survival is the way Mojang wants Minecraft to be played. How about you sit down for a second and think about that for a second. Why would Mojang add in creative if they didn't want people playing it?
The point is, you're trying to force people down a certain path in a game mode they don't want to play in order to get to what they wanted in the first place in a sandbox game that they payed for all because you don't respect them and the way they play a sandbox game. Which is a very bad idea.
Jul 23, 2011Posted in: Screenshots
question when you make the mining areas are you going to add the actual ores in the correct spots if so
I would like put as many of the right ores in the right spots as i can but there are like 8 in runscape and only maybe 5 in minecraft so improve will have to do
what are you going to put instead of mitheral adamant runeite ores
maybe lapis lazuli for mitheral dont really know bout addy but runite IS going to be diamonds
also are you going to make all the islands
I plan on making most of them some are just imposible but some will be done with a warp plugin of the sort.
i will join as long as you give me a blueprint on how to build it i
What weve been doing so far is just having runescape open with minecraft and since runescape is almost like squares you can estimate it fairly easy.
Jun 19, 2011-Download any tree mod that has palm treesPosted in: Survival Mode
-Plant Palm Trees
-Download a clean texture pack (Coterie Craft is awesome)
-Make a square/rectangle/composite shape house, only squares and rectangles for composite shapes
-Make it out of wood
-Make windows on all walls, however wall facing beach is made of only glass
-Backyard with fences
-Jukebox and green records
*If you really want, make an underwater section*
For maximum Southern Californian rich Republican-ness, make the house on a high cliff face facing a beach or on an island. Make sure to have plenty of color if you want something like Venice beach!
I live in Southern California so I know a lot about beaches. I love Venice beach.
- To post a comment, please login.