- Registered Member
Member for 7 years, 10 months, and 4 days
Last active Sat, Jul, 14 2018 04:07:59
- 0 Followers
- 178 Total Posts
- 16 Thanks
Apr 14, 2014I think the OP is overreacting, like others have said I'm guessing he doesn't know what Mods actually are. They aren't hacks they are more akin to expansion packs they add items or different user interfaces and stuff like that. I just don't understand the people that want the game to stay the same forever. With the exception of adding new decorative/building blocks. Most people want only that as new content which doesn't make sense to me. It's not like they'd be forced to use any of the items/blocks that they don't like.Posted in: MCX360: Recent & Upcoming Updates
Apr 13, 2014Okay so pretty much everyone likes the idea of a volcanic biome but wants barely any of it's features. First off the Acid can form in volcanic regions. While it can destroy wood it eats through metal faster. An iron bucket could hold lava in real life if made properly, but like I said you wouldn't want to hold it. The buckets in the game look more like steel or galvanized steel then actual iron buckets. Look at a cast iron pan or bathtub if you want to know what iron looks like. Cast iron is used in smelting other metals I know I've made lead sinkers for fishing.Posted in: MCX360: Suggestions
As to the nether rift/portal I give up on that idea since everyone wants to be a stick in the mud. I'm done arguing for the features I brought up. They are things volcanic areas have in real life (with the portal/rift being an exception) so I don't understand the issues you have with them.
I've tried thinking of ideas but I keep getting "that's not enough detail" or "that's useless". To me it sounds like you want a stone mountain with some lava dribbling down the side. With a few new decorative blocks and ash which can apparently do everything under the digital sun.
Mar 1, 2014For uses for the seaweed, people do eat it typically in soups or stews. Same goes for kelp which could be another form of ocean vegetation for the game. As for anything it does while in the water it could slightly slow down your swimming speed if you swim through it. There are some seaweeds in lakes where if it touches your skin it can give you a mild rash(speaking from experience).Posted in: MCX360: Suggestions
If I remember right we are getting potatoes and carrots in the game sometime in the future. Add seaweed and fish, pork, beef, or chicken and you have soup.
Feb 27, 2014Wow surprised you two kept this thread alive so long. I think the last time I posted on it was like 8 months ago or longer. 44 pages 0_o and still no dev response they must be watching from the shadows as usual. I managed to skim through about 27 pages then I had to skip to the end.Posted in: MCX360: Suggestions
I still want cannons, ballistas, catapults, or trebuchets. The catapults/trebuchets could launch anything blocks/players/mobs/animals "Just stay dead has been killed by a flying pig". Oh the LoLs to be had with something like that. The cannons should just be in the game no arguments about it. I know there are lots of players who build pirate ships and castles who'd love to have actual working cannons. The ballistas for those who don't know are basically crossbows on a very big scale. There are two varieties smaller mounted turret style ones and large siege styles built onto carts to move them around.
Feb 26, 2014I had a post very similar to this once but it seems a moderator or admin deleted it cause I can't find it in my posts.Posted in: MCX360: Suggestions
My Volcanic biome idea wasn't islands but actual mainland volcanoes and there could be 2 versions active volcanoes and extinct volcanoes. I had the same idea of having there be ash fall as the weather for the biome. Basically it would be like grey snow, my idea for crafting with the ash was to mix it with water to make clay.
As for the biome itself I thought there could be pools of sulpheric acid instead of water. They could add wooden buckets to the game so you could harvest the acid. There could be destroyed villages occupied by skeletons maybe zombies too. There would be deposits of obsidian and rivers of lava.
There could be more gold and diamonds in this biome and they could be on all levels not just their typical spawning area. Extinct volcanoes could have ore deposits inside of them. The ash golem is an interesting idea it could be like the evil twin of the snow golem. The ash golem could throw little fireballs(they act like fire arrows they don't set blocks on fire) that do 1 point of damage and you'd need 2 blocks of ash and a jack'o lantern to make it. The ash golem could survive in all biomes except the winter biome.
As for MOBs they could put magma cubes and maybe add baby ghasts to the game. There is another feature to the biome that would make the MOBs of the nether possible. There could be a unique portal or a rift that leads to the nether that the mobs are able to come through. The nether MOBs wouldn't be in high concentration in the overworld like they are in the nether. But this portal or rift would only appear in volcanic biomes. The volcanic biomes could possibly be islands and have it so if the nether MOBs touch water they slowly begin to die.
Apr 2, 2013Phoenix_Haze posted a message on What is the first thing you will do when TU9 is released?Immediately create a thread and complain about how long it is taking for TU10 without having even played TU9Posted in: MCX360: Recent & Upcoming Updates
Apr 1, 2013I 'd like more involvment with community less lurking in the shadowsPosted in: MCX360: Discussion
I imagine there would be a lot less questions being asked over and over if everything was out in the open like the updates they could release change logs for all future updates and say we hope to have so & so update completed by this date then there'd be so many less " I wonder when the next update is coming out?" Threads
Also a thread for suggestions or content they thought of and are considering adding to the game so they can get feedback no sense in making something only to find out after all your work the players hated something you added saves them time and money
They don't need to be super active answering every single question and stuff just enough to have a presence I feel it would make some of the community feel less like they are talking to a brick wall
I'm not asking for minute by minute updates but it would be nice to have more then figures lurking in the shadows of the forum
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Mar 14, 2013*Note: the best method of showing support is giving this post reputation.Posted in: MCX360: Suggestions
I have had it with the limited amount of weapons in the game. Without enchantments, even a diamond sword can seem powerless, and you will easily get overwhelmed even on easy, and this is coming from someone who plays on hard. We need battleaxes, war axes, clubs, warhammers, spears, and best of all, crossbows. Very similar to bows, but arch less, and be more damaging and accurate, but require bolt. I don't know how, but bolt should be renewable like arrows. Also, some of you might think this is too far, but we need muskets and flintlock pistols. We would need musket balls for those, and they would consume gunpowder. That is as far as firearms should go. We don't need a PKM LMG to fight off creepers.
I was thinking, maybe we should sum up this whole thread and where it has gone in one post.
This is how the update should go, and yes, we can be open to debate about this.
-New Mechanics to Improve Combat:
-Players with better armor run slower than players with lesser armor Ex. someone wearing diamond armor will run much slower than someone wearing leather armor.
-Parrying and blocking an attack from another player gives recoil, stopping any attacks for a set amount of time, probably half of a second.
-The stronger your sword is, the more recoil you take if another player blocks an attack.
- Anvil should have two features; the PC's feature and a four by four crafting grid to craft bigger and better weapons
- Longsword: just like a regular sword but appear longer and require one additional material the sword is made of, enchantable, but sharpness is taken out because the damage should already be an equivalent of sharpness IV. High damage. Can use a shield while equipping it. Low armor damage, similar to the sword now.
- Battleaxe: more combat related than the regular axe. Has two sides. You can parry with it. Medium damage and medium armor damage. This would be the in between weapon. Can not use a shield with it. It is so frigging huge. Would look like the character is using both hands to carry it. There would be a one handed alternative called the war axe, which is a bearded axe. Still in between weapon, medium damage. Can use a shield while holding it.
- War hammer: A giant frigging hammer. Would look like character is using both hands to hold it. Can't use a shield while holding it. Can parry. Kinda low damage, enchantable to sword's sharpness II but that is it. High armor damage just like real life, where they were made to knock over people, disarm people, and cave their armor in. Best choice if fighting armored player. One handed alternative would be the mace.
- Spear/Javelin: Described by Lastusername; would be throwable, and used as a melee weapon. Low damage, low armor damage, but long range, with the ability to knock back people. Throwable, but you need to sprint to get a critical hit, which would stun the target and leave them with little health. Always bounce off target, unless hitting them with the last use. Can use a shield.
- Lance: described by lastusername, would be effective against horsemen and horse armor when on horseback. One handed, shield is usable. I think I covered that pretty well for a short description.
- Crossbow: Similar to a bow, but shoots slower, but more damage and more accurate. You need the anvil. Not effective against players with iron armor, diamond armor and gold armor, but almost no protection from chain and leather. Gets rejected by iron gold and diamond armor. Like the arrows bounce off.
- Musket/Flintlock Pistol: This is the most debatable one. Some want it, some despise the idea. Would shoot straight, can't dodge the shot by moving like you can with the bow. Would be effective against iron, gold, and leather armor, but get almost completely rejected by diamond and chain. Requires musket balls of either iron or stone, and consumes one gunpowder with each shot. Costly to miss. Low durability and low fire rate. It takes like five seconds to reload, but very rewarding to hit the target. Remember, this one is still up for debate.
-Shields: There will be another armor slot for shields. Shields provide 75% damage resistance if used while the enemy hits. All tiers would provide the same resistance, but some last longer than others. If you craft it with a stick coming out of the middle, (Spiked shield) would cause one heart of damage to anyone attacking them that doesn't have armor.
- Quivers/musket ball pouches: These would be worn by the player to use the type of ammo they hold. Quivers would hold up to 64 of the same arrow type/bolt type, and pouches would hold 16 musket balls of the same type. This would allow there to be different arrow types or bolt types or musket ball types. Like incendiary, explosive, and poison, and for the musket balls, stone and iron. This would be literally worn by the player, the quiver on their back, the musket ball pouch on their side.
- Dagger: small weapon, low damage, low range, but more swings count.
- Random mob weapons: Pitch fork, would be sticks in the shape of a sword, but with two sticks coming from the sides, maybe iron instead, would attack more than one enemy at a time. would be good against pigmen. Maybe enchanted to have fire.
-Magic: Another slot on your inventory/armor area, would be the scroll slot. You make a scroll out of paper and one ender eye, and you have the blank scroll. You enchant the scroll to have powers. When you have the enchanted scroll in that slot, the power should be fueled with rage. Rage would come in potion form and you can drink it to get some rage in your rage bar in the HUD. You will eventually run out of rage. Some scrolls would be fire, you shoot a fire charge from your hand, Shock, you shoot a small bolt of electricity from your hand, just things like that.
Please tell me if I left out anything.
Let's debate, but not flame war the topic until it is locked.
Another thing to note is that at Minecon 2013, 4J said that even in the 360 version of Minecraft, there will not be guns. What Paddy was thinking in his head when he said that was that there was not going to be an SDK thing added to the game. The people on this topic are not in favor of that. Just keep that in mind that this topic has not been put down.
Apr 13, 2014Posted in: MCX360: SuggestionsQuote from MrPenguinPersonAlso I know people have been saying it's too similar to the Nether but when you think about it, there's not actually any "volcanoes" in the Nether, just lots of lava.
People have been saying that? Its not similar to the Nether at all.
The Nether is like the Underworld in Minecraft. Because of this, it has lava, and fire.
The volcanic biome that is being suggested is a biome, made of stone, with lava dripping from the sides, with acid, and valuable minerals on the surface.
Not alot of similarities, if you ask me.
Apr 11, 2014Posted in: MCX360: Recent & Upcoming Updates
Mods on the PC are not hacks... they are content made by third parties who are not developers of the game under an "open source" agreement with the actual game developer (Mojang). As MG said, when most people talk about mods, they are refering to these add ons written by these third parties... not any add ons that Mojang might write (if they were inclined to write add ons).
The terms of the modding agreements among Mojang and "modders" grants then access to the game code for the purpose of writing such add ons, allows the writer of the mod to retain ownership of the mod, and in return the modder agrees to give away the mod rather than sell it directly (or at least that used to be a term of the modding agreement... don't know if that is still the case). As MG stated, the console is a "closed source" environment. Microsoft has loosened up a bit on some of its policies, but it most certainly has not granted the same sort of access to program writers as they enjoy in an "open source" platform (like Mojang has allowed Minecraft to become on the PC)... and it is very unlikely that Microsoft would ever move that far in that direction. DLC (whether free or not) written by 4J (as an approved developer for the Xbox) would certainly be allowed. However, 4J cannot just put the same "mods" onto the Xbox as exist on the PC because neither 4J nor Mojang "owns" the copyrights to those mods... so, to use them, 4J and Mojang would have to obtain the permission of whoever does own the copyrights to those mods.
Apr 11, 2014Posted in: MCX360: Recent & Upcoming Updates
People need to learn that there is a difference between the two when most people hear the words.
When most people here mods, they think about things made by fans not developers. Things that the person created on their own time to add to the game. That idea of mods will never happen on the Xbox 360 Edition or the Xbox One Edition of Minecraft. Microsoft will never allow it as it would require giving people access to the console and the games code and that is a big no no for them.
Jul 23, 2013I have heard some very weird things on Minecraft 360. Most of the time when I go to sleep before I log off (I like logging off when its morning time) I will hear the door from my mineshaft open, sometimes I will even hear my chests open. I have a light switch in my house using pistons, when I came back from mining one day and saw an Enderman, I nearly deleted my world.Posted in: MCX360: Discussion
Jul 22, 2013The most freaky thing I've seen yet in Minecraft was a flaming demon dog!Posted in: MCX360: Discussion
This wolf suddenly appeared in my underground bunker. It was on fire and growling menacingly. It appeared just after a loud thunderclap. Once the initial shock had worn off, I realized that what had happened was that the wolf was one of my tame ones that I had left outside, above ground, and it must have been hit by lightning and transported to me. But even so, a flaming demon dog suddenly appearing in my safe house underground was quite eerie.
Jul 18, 2013Nothing, i find nothing that is creepy. Sure mobs that randomly pop out in dark caves gives you little jump... but its not really like, suspense or anything like thatPosted in: MCX360: Discussion
People may find this old but its actually new too me really but Herobrine. Herobrine needs to be added in xbox edition. From videos i have just seen about the famous Herobrine makes me get chills and all, he would make the game so fun with mystery and add creepiness to the swamp and down in the darkest deepest of caves.
I would want it too be kind of a rare thing though unless you could like 'summon' him. Even something like herobrine but not actually him would be cool.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.