Just a simple mod for 1.9.4 or 1.10 to add spotted hyenas to Minecraft with all the hyena behaviors and vocals/sounds please!
- Registered Member
Member for 12 years, 8 months, and 28 days
Last active Mon, Dec, 18 2017 11:45:33
- 0 Followers
- 943 Total Posts
- 108 Thanks
Jun 12, 2016Otterman posted a message on Spotted Hyena Mod RequestPosted in: Requests / Ideas For Mods
1Otterman posted a message on 1.8.2-pre1 Has it improved your Lag?Posted in: Recent Updates and Snapshots
I have the latest Java version, but that didn't make any fps difference in 1.8.1. I don't use Optifine. My PC is 64 bit- if that helps. I read a lot of comments on 1.8.2 Pre-1 and almost all of them were about how there was little to no difference in lag and worse lag since 1.8.0 to 1.8.1. I was kind of afraid to try it out. A few days later, I decided to try it out, but after making a back-up of my world. After so many negative comments: literally over 80% of tons of comments that were negative, it made me suprised that it actually helped me a ton. Usually things don't like to work out for me. xD Btw, just voted before making this post.
2Otterman posted a message on 1.8.2-pre1 Has it improved your Lag?In 1.8 to 1.8.1, I averaged around 5 to 10 fps but had a range of 1 to 15 fps. In 1.8.2 Pre-1, I'm back in the 40 to 60 fps on average range with very little below 40 fps and decent amount over more than 60 fps and much smoother gameplay with a single tiny lag spike every once in a while.Posted in: Recent Updates and Snapshots
1Otterman posted a message on Dark Oak Wood Sapling Drop Rate Too LowPosted in: DiscussionQuote from thesheepcompany
Good to see it worked out for someone, I still have a problem with the drops, perhaps I am just getting unlucky.
I don't know if this means anything for this post, but a couple of times when I started a map, I cut down normal oak trees and get little to no saplings at the start. Eventually as I play the maps I start getting more saplings from the oak trees. So maybe the chances of getting plenty of dark oak saplings were low to start with for you?
1Otterman posted a message on MMGamez Ultra Hardcore server! *Survival* *Hunger Games* *PvP Arena* *50 Slot* *Puzzle Maps* *And More!* *JOIN QUICK!*That's all the info you're posting? No rank info, list of events, pics, info on puzzle maps, etc.? And by hardcore, do you mean you have the server set to Hardcore Mode" where when you die, you're gone forever or do you mean hardcore in another way?Posted in: PC Servers
1Otterman posted a message on [1.5+] THE BEST MINECRAFT SURVIVAL SEED EVER! ( MUST SEE )About time there was a seed so good that does NOT require Large Biomes! XDPosted in: Seeds
2Otterman posted a message on ☆ MineResort ☆Server seems nice.Posted in: PC Servers
1Otterman posted a message on [64x64] UPDATED 4/27: Ockniel's Realism Pack (Contest still running!)This looks amazing! I'll be glad to test it out!Posted in: Resource Packs
1Otterman posted a message on AMAZING 1.4.2 SEED Witch hut, pyramid, 2 villages, jungle temple and all biomes (except mushroom)Posted in: SeedsQuote from Xolaphonze
this is what I been looking for, a witch-hut
Witch hut you talkin' about? XD
1Otterman posted a message on Trouble luring pigsWow, I must have missed on reading that on the Minecraft Update on the Forum home. Thanks! :>Posted in: Survival Mode
- To post a comment, please login.
47The_catmaker posted a message on 1.6- The most dissapointing update ever? **UPDATED 1.6**Complaint: No new mobs other than horse varieties:Posted in: Recent Updates and Snapshots
1.6 is not comfirmed as a mob update. You can't blame Mojang for not adding stuff they didn't confirm.
Complaint: The skeleton/zombie horses: Aren't implemented yet. I have a sneaky feeling they wont ever be.
You can spawn those guys using 3rd party tools, and if Mojang didn't added them, you won't be complaining.
Complaint: Useless snapshots: In comparison to, say, 1.4 or 1.3 or even 1.5 snapshots, the snapshots have been small or tiny additions to the game, with the exception of the very first.
Well, don't expect a snapshot that is Diablo 3 without bugs. Those are just snapshots.
Complaint: No new biomes.
Right, Mojang confirmed on Twitter that they will add MOAR biomes and stuff and bla bla bla [/sarcasm]
Complaint: Useless features: Why should I care about attributes, resource packs. It will only be useful to 1% of the minecraft population, the map makers and such.
Attributes+resource packs+lots of random code+more random stuff = Mod API. Don't you want to replace the Endermen sound with Gentleman by PSY?
Complaint: Bad zombie spawning system: Not necessary.
What is so bad? It is not the nazi zombie paratroopers we had in the earlier snapshots. It also makes the game a little bit more challenging.
Complaint: Bug fixes: They are fixing bugs which I have never come across in my 1 1/4 years of playing minecraft (except the lava glitch, which really should have been fixed two years ago)
Well you are right Mojang is intended to make moar bugs. They are coding bugs to make us upset. Bugs create themselves.
Complaint: Ignoring all community suggestions: Horses were jeb's idea, not ours. This forum and /r/minecraft are probably checked once every month. In fact, the only time mojang has ever listened to the community for "suggestions" was way back in 1.4, witch huts.
If Mojang will impliment every single suggestion we have, Minecraft will turn into chaotic and awful game.
514jde posted a message on UPDATED PIX: Gryphons (Balanced flight for Survival mode)ATTENTION TO SUPPORTERS: Please support us on Reddit. This may be our best chance of getting Mojang to notice Gryphons and have them added. Please click here, upvote, comment and help us get an active discussion going: http://www.reddit.co..._survival_mode/Posted in: Suggestions
(See below for more concept art. Above screenshot is photoshopped, not a mod. All art by Papertiger)
DISCLAIMER: Please note that this is not a mod, nor a mod suggestion. This is a suggestion for Mojang to add to vanilla Minecraft.
Hello! I would like to share my ideas of how Gryphons might be a good addition to Minecraft. After deciding to post my suggestion here, I did a search and saw that there have been a few posts about Gryphons throughout the past few years. But they were quite different from what i had in mind, focused on a wide swath of mythical creatures, or mod/add-on related.
My hope is that others will share my vision for simple, balanced, non-immersion-breaking, Mojang-style Gryphons to be added to Minecraft in a future patch.
Here it goes:
A way I could see Gryphons fitting into the Minecraft universe is that in an "Extreme Hills" biome, you could find a nest either on top of a mountain, or on the side of a cliff. I imagine the nest would only be one or perhaps two blocks large and in the shape of an eagle's nest. In my opinion, the player would never see a wild adult Gryphon. The only chance they would have at seeing a Gryphon would be if they raised one themselves. Thus making them FAR more rare and special. Almost like finding diamonds. If the player were lucky enough to find one of these nests, and endured the journey to reach it, they would see an egg sitting in the middle of the nest.
The player would then follow these steps to hatch, raise, saddle and then ride their Gryphon:
- The player would take the egg from the nest and bring it back to their home/cave/castle/dwelling and place it on a block of dirt underneath a torch.
- The player would then have to wait a couple of in-game days.
- After a few days pass, a baby Gryphon would emerge.
- The player would then have to feed the baby Gryphon meat or fish once a day for a couple days.
- After a couple days of feeding, the baby Gryphon would grow into an adult, ready to be saddled.
- The player would then place a regular saddle, the type used on pigs, onto their newly raised Gryphon.
- Upon being saddled, the player's new Gryphon is ready to be mounted. But that doesn't mean the player can have unlimited, overpowered flight. No sir.
Just because the player has a Gryphon doesn't mean he or she is able to fly anywhere they want with no limitations. Far from it. This will be nothing like flying in creative mode. It will be a slight advantage over regular walking and jumping that the player will have earned.
- Instead of unlimited flight, like in creative mode, a Gryphon rider's flight would be slightly challenging yet still useful. Much like how boats function in Minecraft.
- In order to take off, and to stay in the air, the player would have to press their space bar for every flap of their Gryphon's wings. This means that the Gryphon, just like the player, is effected by the game's gravity. That way, it wouldn't feel like cheating. This may sounds difficult, but i think it would lead to a much more immersive Gryphon flying experience!
- Traveling via Gryphon would sometimes be slightly faster and more convenient than walking on foot, but in some cases it would also be a FAR worse alternative to walking. For example, trying to fly your Gryphon down into and through a cave would be a TERRIBLE idea.
If you have built a giant castle like my brother and I have, which i'm sure MANY of you have, then I have a feeling you'll understand why I think the best use for a Gryphon would be to quickly reach one of the top floors of your castle without having to climb all of it's inner stair cases and ramps.
But there would be many, many more uses, such as:
- Getting past mountains a little faster than on foot, and without the need to eat as much.
- Flying over lakes or rivers instead of having to swim.
- Safe late night traveling. That is, unless you get shot by a skeleton's arrow
- Being able to leave from the top floor of your castle or other large dwelling.
- FUN! Or atleast i think it would be.
The last thing I would ever want is to suggest an idea that would ruin the immersion of Minecraft. I believe this idea would be game fitting for Minecraft because of the wonderful animals Mojang has already put into the game. When I think of Gryphons in Minecraft, I can just picture an in-game Gryphon done in Mojang's wonderfully simple yet beautiful art style... All block-ish and colorful
No more than a boat would be. You would hardly be able to aim at someone with a bow, let alone actually hit them with an arrow from it. Hitting a player or mob with a sword would be even harder. In order to deal damage to anything, from bow or sword, you'd have to land your Gryphon and completely stop moving. At that point, you would actually become vulnerable due to lack of mobility (You cannot walk or run on a Gryphon, only fly. And take-off isn't instant, due to the need to flap your Gryphons wings.). This is not a mount intended for combat.
Thanks for reading and sorry for the giant wall of text.
I would like to thank Theriasis for their wonderful guide on how to post on the suggestion forum. I tried my best to follow their advice!
CONCEPT ART :
Click this spoiler for even more concept art and photos.
Dimninds!NOTE: This photo is an inside joke and purely for fun. We do NOT suggest that Gryphons should EVER shoot diamonds. Or dimninds. Click this spoiler to proceedRoostsSpecial thanks to Papertiger for all of the awesome concept art, avatars and signature banners!
You guys have given me many awesome suggestions so i decide to place the most game fitting and balanced ones here:
Disclaimer: I will try my best to describe your guys' ideas and list the names of the people who have suggested them. Let me know if i miss something!
Disclaimer II: This thread is rapidly gaining support and unfortunately i can't always keep track of who has suggested what. I'm most likely to miss some people who deserve credit, sorry. Let me know if i do!
0. HEALTH, HUNGER AND MORTALITY (pinballboy7, Droideka30, Papertiger, zeel, ErasmoGnome, IonicTiger): One of the most talked about suggestions. The idea that tamed Gryphons should have health, hunger and be killable by mobs, other players or enviromental conditions (lava, etc.). It has also been suggested that if your Gryphon gets hungry enough, it will bite/peck at you in frustration, buck you off if you attempt to mount it, or even go off and eat wild animals and/or livestock (pigs, chickens, sheep, cows).
1. Soaring (Papertiger, Droideka30, zeel, crazeenuthead): You should be able to hold down the space bar to make your Gryphon soar, once you have already achieved altitude and speed
2. Wild adult Gryphons in the sky (Papertiger, Paradox01010, zeel): You shoud sometimes be able to see wild Gryphons flying high up (out of reach) in the sky. Perhaps flying in the direction of where a nest and egg is. This would most likely be rare.
3. Walking (Kisdee, RobertFrans): Instead of strictly being able to fly and hop, a mounted Gryphon would be able to slowly walk on the land as well. It would be unable to move up and down blocks (like a pig), but you could just press spacebar to flap its wings in order to hop up to where ever you are trying to get.
4. Breeding (Droideka30, Papertiger, zeel): If you are lucky, and skilled enough, to obtain two Gryphon eggs, and now are the proud owner of two Gryphons, you should earn the right to breed them. Once Gryphons breed, they would lay one egg. It has also been suggested that tamed Gryphons can only breed during a full moon and that when bred in captivity, Gryphons need a "Brooding box" in which to lay their eggs. See Papertiger's brooding box concept art here
5. Gryphon melee attack (Paradox01010, zeel): Your Gryphon would be able to do damage and/or a knockback to enemies that you dive at with it. This would be hard, but if you were able to steer your Gryphon properly, you would inflict damage fairly.
6. A special way to take the egg (Moosemunchee, zeel, RobertFrans, IonicTiger, zapper990): The idea that the player shouldn't simply be able to punch the Gryphon egg until it breaks and then pick it up. Perhaps the player would have to use a pickaxe with the Silk Touch enchant, a piston, minecart and rail, diamond pickaxe, shovel or something else. It has also been suggested that Gryphon nests and eggs should spawn only in the spring and despawn in the fall, meaning that you can never find them in the winter.
7. DOGFIGHTS! / Sky Jousting/ Sky Duels (bebe33, Papertiger, Paradox01010): It would be awesome, wouldn't it?
8. Visual roll while turning (bebe33): The idea that a Gryphon should roll slightly while turning, for visual effect. Much like how a bird rolls as it turns in real life.
9. Pitch (bebe33, zeel): The idea that you should be able to pitch your Gryphon up and down while flying. Pitching it downwards will increase your forward momentum. Pitching it upwards will increase altitude.
10. Thrust (zeel): The idea that you should be able to choose the level of thrust per wing flap based on your timing and space bar usage. (Half flaps, full thrust flaps, etc).
11. Wing angle and banking (zeel):Quote from zeel
Wing angle: Space bar controls flapping, the W A S D keys control the angle of the wings. W angles them down/forward, S andgles back, A and D angle them opposite each other (A: left down, right up. D: left up, right down). This causes role/banking, witch lets you turn, basically A and D let you turn. Flapping while holding one of the W A S D keys will cause thrust in that direction. With W flapping will thrust you forward (no keys basically only gives you upwards thrust), accelerating you. S will cause the flap to come forward, giving reverse thrust, to slow you down (or fly slightly in reverse when taking off). Flapping with A or D will tighten the turn.
Turning: I have already mentioned two ways to turn, but here is the in depth part. Holding W and looking will cause a very slow turn, holding A or D (whatever direction you wish to turn) will cause you to bank in that direction, this makes the turn much tighter. Using both turning methods at the same time is even better, and causes you to bank much more. If, once you have banked to the maximum level, then flap the wings you will turn drastically in that direction, though you will lose a lot more speed than you would in a normal turn.
See also zeel's ideas for flight mechanics
12. Armor! (zeel, papertiger, Droideka30, IonicTiger): The idea that Gryphons should be able to equip special Gryphon-only armor. There would be leather, iron, gold and diamond versions. The better the quality of the armor, the higher movement speed penalty the Gryphon would suffer due to the weight. It has been suggested that you only find these pieces of armor in Strongholds.
13. Inventory (papertiger, Droideka30, zeel, IonicTiger): The idea that you should be able to place an item similar to a saddle bag or pouch on your Gryphon's back that would act as a chest and the Gryphon's inventory. This may or may not be where you would equip Gryphon-only armor at.
14. Talon grab (SkarmorySilver, papertiger): The idea that your Gryphon should be able to grab things with it's talons on command while mounted. Possible things Gryphons could grab: mobs, players, items, blocks. To make it balanced, if your Gryphon did grab a mob or player, the mob or player would still be able to aim up and attack the Gryphon and/or it's rider. With this form of balance in mind, the player would be able to use it's Gryphon to drop mobs from great heights, inflicting falling damage. This would be at the risk of the Gryphon and the Player's health and well being, however.
15. The Spire (IonicTiger): Click here to view IonicTiger's idea for a Gryphon nest atop a spire:
What if the nest, instead of spawning on the side of a cliff, would spawn on a massive spire that, depending on the hight of the mountain it spawned on, would range any where from a mere twenty blocks high, or a staggering hundered blocks high, and wouldn't end until it reached a few blocks above cloud level, thus forcing you to fight the adult gryphon?
The spire would be a jagged piller of rock, twisted and craved by the wind, as it has stood for a millennium, awe inspiring by its sheer size.
The design of it would have to be carefully considered; if too thin in, it would look a bit... strange; I would prefer it to be at least 7 blocks by 7 blocks, but, players would be able to tunnel right under the tower (assuming that it was hollow), and build a dirt tower to come out right under the egg.
You could fill the inside of the spire with lava, but this would be massively off theme.
Possibly the easiest solution to this problem would be to have to tower made of obsidian, and it would not be hollow. You could tunnel under it, but it would be easier to just fight the mother.
Also, as a few pages back there was talk of gryphons, being the most noble of beasts, collecting treasure, why not have blocks of gold, diamond, and emerald embedded in the spire?
They (the aforermetioned valuable minerals) would randomly spawn in the outer most layer of the spire, but there would only be a maximum number of only six blocks spawning in a tower that could be a hundred blocks high, so even getting them would be a mighty challenge.
16. Lance and saddle mounted lance holder (firewave15): firewave15 has suggested that there should lances and saddle mounted lance holders that the player could use from Gryphon and also possibly Horse back. The saddle mounted lance holder would be required in order for the player to maintain control of his mount whilst using a lance. The lance would do damage based on the speed that your Gryphon is traveling upon the point of impact with an enemy. The lance would have a longer reach than a sword, making it ideal for mounted combat. But it would be useless for anything else. The mounted lance holder would most likely break after a set number of uses, perhaps 50.
17. Fear of fire (IonicTiger): The idea that Gryphon's should be afraid of fire, and will not fly within 5 blocks of any fire. This would add balance to PVP ground vs air combat, making players on the ground slightly more defended from Gryphon riders. Players on the ground would still be vulnerable to a Gryphon rider's bow and splash potions, however.
Quote from IonicTiger
It would prevent gryphon riders from totally dominating the battle-field, but would be small enough as to not render gryphon useless in PVP.
CALL TO ARMS... AND TWEETS... AND REDDITS!
I encourage all of our supporters and/or bannerlords to tweet @Dinnerbone and @Jeb_ so that they can become aware of Gryphons and perhaps add them in a future patch. It worked for the "Colored glass" suggestion. They tweeted and got noticed and now have a good shot at having their idea added. We can do it too, guys!
Quote from zeel
Dinnerbone recently made mention of a subreddit for MC suggestions. With jde's permission I have posted this suggestion there:
I encourage you all to go check it out/up-vote it!
DON OUR BANNER!:
Copy and paste this into your signature:
I shall name all those who don our banner! (Let me know if i missed ya):
Papertiger, zeel, Droideka30, empoleon53098, Pinballboy7, Ram9bo, Withnothing, IonicTiger, EmeraldDragon225, SkarmorySilver, gugus294, Xweetok_II,
Sh4rp_Blade15, Minor107, xSatuim, Concerer82, Riggzon, Zbakkar_Herobrine,
Starhowl, Mobius762, shadowyblade, theorangecreeper, EpicGamer, Sylveon,
King_Of_Wolf, enderman_guy, Rex1900Roblox, BGgames, Euclid243, Techdolpihn
purebloodedgriffin, firewave15, zeuslightning125, Jetstream_Xeno
EDIT LOG: There are now some concept screenshots further on down this page in a recent post. Added a game breaking? section. Added amazing concept art, avatar and banner by Papertiger. Added a "Supporter Suggestions" section. Added a poll. Added "tweet and support us". Added banner info and bannerlords. Added more concept art inside of spoilers. Added call to arms... And tweets, replacing the old tweet section. Added a disclaimer about this not being a mod or mod suggestion, but rather a vanilla suggestion.
2AkaSquirticus posted a message on NPC Village Inside of a cave?pictures please.Posted in: Seeds
2Markscape posted a message on Do we still get emerald blocks?Posted in: Recent Updates and SnapshotsQuote from Airadan
It doens't have a use.. Why would you implement currency into a game and then add a way to turn it into a decorative blocks. It's not mean to be. The ore is back, and will be as rare as before. He said it was "meant to be a nice found", since the main way is trading with villagers. I know, it sounds strange.
Diamond blocks have absoulutely no use, yet they're still in the game. Heck, whats the point in coloured wool? It's just a decorative block, it's obviously useless.
Emerald blocks would hurt nothing if they were added.
72Emerald_Ore posted a message on Keep Emerald Ore in Game PetitionPosted in: Recent Updates and SnapshotsKeep Emerald Ore!
~575 Votes in Poll!~~346 Signatures in Petition!~
Quote from Emerald_OreWell guys, Jeb heard our voices, and it looks like Emerald Ore is staying! I've updated the signature list one last time and we've ended with a whopping 347 signatures, and 575 votes in the poll to keep. I'd like to thank everybody who signed this petition and let Jeb know that we wanted Emerald Ore to stay, and I'd like to thank Jeb for keeping the Emeralds in!
I usually simply lurk in this section of the forums, but when I heard this recent development, I was so shocked and even outraged that I had to make an account just to do this.
This recent snapshot has been one of my favorite. Villager trading, pyramids, desert villages, and the most awesome, a new ore! I was so stoked, that I went mining, and was amazed at how rare it was! It was great to have an ore that was biome specific and difficult to get, it made mountain biomes unique, and a new ore! Something we haven't seen in ages! My only complaint was that they would be useless in survival without structures on. Then, when I realized that Jeb was gonna implement an Emerald block, I was completely happy. Now, at least it had some use in a game without villagers, and a use that was purely aesthetic, and didn't detract it's value as money!
Then I read that Jeb was gonna remove Emerald Ore. What? Because a vocal minority complains about it being to rare, you're just gonna remove it all together?! That doesn't even make sense! This not only REMOVES from the game, but is a lose-lose move for everyone. I understand he want's trading to be the main way to get Emeralds, but what harm was there to have it very rarely found in the mountains? People liked finding it rarely, and having an alternative way to obtain things isn't bad. You can get Cocoa Beans from Dungeons instead of Jungles, but that's not bad, is it?
And regarding the people complaining about it, heck, people still complain about Creepers blowing up, does that mean Jeb is gonna remove Creepers? And Mushroom Biomes are rare, is Jeb gonna remove them because people complain they're too rare? I've approved of all Jebs decisions since he was in charge of Minecraft, but this one I abhor.
Having Emerald Ore in the game only affected those who wanted to mine for a neat rare ore. No one else is affected by it's presence thanks to it's rarity. While there was a bit of confusion about it's intention, there was no effort made to make it clear what the purpose of having an ore for it was, and people assumed incorrectly. But not at all did anyone wish to have the ore removed, they liked it!
Removing Emerald Ore makes it impossible to get Emerald Blocks in maps without structures, makes Mountain Biomes more unappealing, disappoints the people who were looking forward to a new ore, something we've desperately needed for a long time, makes it confusing as to where the Villagers got their Emeralds (It made since how they got it before, they simply mined. But now how, did they conjure emeralds up with their will alone?) and removing them does not add to the game, but instead removes from it. And removing something from a sandbox game that isn't a bug is a bad idea.
So I figured if Jeb will to some complaints, then maybe, just maybe, he'll be able to listen to a well organized petition. So please, sign this petition. odds are he or the rest of the Mojang team will never hear this, but who knows. Maybe some cosmic force will tweet this to Jeb, and he'll have a change of heart. Because I'm not original, I'll do this like the Bring Back Beaches petition, and if you approve and want Jeb to keep Emerald Ore in, just type in /signed in your post. So hey, Jeb, if you are reading this, please reconsider removing this great new addition to Minecraft!
- herobrine believer
- Crunchy Shadow
- Summer Law
- KEK Inc.
- Cloud cuckoo
- Mr. FluffyHuggins
- AlexXanderUS-NOT US-
- Kris Eike
- Jimbo Jambo
- Adrenaline Rush
- King Korihor
And if you wish to, feel free to show your support and spread the news by wearing some signatures made by some great supporters!
This signature is made by _PH4NT0M_, props to him!
This signature is made by GrassyFilth, props to him!
4holland601 posted a message on They need to improve the mapswell me and my friends play on a snapshot server together and we wish you could like scroll out on the maps do you guys agree? it would look something like that XDPosted in: Recent Updates and Snapshots
Well anyone agree?
11ChaosGuardian posted a message on Minecraft snapshots for 1.3Returning the use of world generation seeds and making the terrain less boring.Posted in: Recent Updates and Snapshots
8darthmaulerX posted a message on Welcome to The JungleHuge trees, vines, bushes, ferns are back. It looks very good.Posted in: 1.1 Update Discussion
Edit: One thing that I would suggest is making the tall trees have much wider tops, that way you could get a 'jungle / rainforest' canopy which dims the sunlight a bit. This would allow all mobs to survive during the day on the jungle floor, resulting in a very dangerous environment.
There is still a lot of room for adding new types of biomes or variants on already existing biomes. I'm hoping Jeb holds off releasing the Jungle until he develops a few more biomes. I'd be fine waiting for a while for an update with multiple new biomes, espcially if it means I only have to start a new world once, rather than multiple times.
Suggestions for biomes:
Extreme Hills variants of existing biomes(Forests, Taiga/Tundra and Desert in Particular)
Forest Variants - Varying tree densities, types, colours and heights.
Alpha Biome (Generates with terrain similar to alpha, inlcluding bright green grass.)
Improved Ocean biomes (more content or islands have a tropical desert island theme.)
Glacier / Ice Cap - Ice covered plateaus / hill biome.
Islands Biome - Spawns deep water with large islands scattered around in archipelagos. (Can have higher tree density than ocean islands.)
Flowery Meadow Very flat with lots of flowers.
I could go on ... but I think that is enough for now
2Zkyo posted a message on [1.0.0] "Zkyo" Seed, Realistic Mountains and Valleys, Multi-biomeI was looking at various seeds today, so I tried my own name, Zkyo, just for the heck of it. At first it looked like a generic swamp biome, but after a little exploration, I found that it has a large chain of mountains, valleys, and plateaus. These are not the unrealistic ones with huge arches, overhangs, and points that are generated in 1.8+, but they can be better described as mostly realistic hills, with pauses between most of the mountains. I personally have not seen a better seed for 1.8+.Posted in: Seeds
After you spawn, you can find the mountain chain behind you, and to the left a bit. After a short walk across the swamp and swim across a river, you will be at the correct mountains.
Here are some of the major features I found. All of these can be found a short distance away from the edge of the swampy forest.
A fairly large lake between some hills:
A cornered mountain, with a somewhat level area at the base, with a small lava lake. The mountain is thick, this is perfect for a mountain house.
A flat area surrounded by tall mountains, with a ledge going across the middle of one of the mountains:
A good sized overhang, with a waterfall pouring in a weird way:
My personal favorite, I will be making my house here. It is a huge lake surrounded by mountains intersected with a valley on one side. In one direction is a fairly large plain, a pine forest in another. In the middle of a lake is a large floating land mass with lava pouring out into the lake. Also, there are pumpkins on top of the main mountain. Pure awesomeness, in my opinion. <3
(Coordinates for this are X:69 Z:22)
A decent sized NPC village on the other side of the swamp. Suprisingly, I have not found any generation flaws in it.
This is a first for me: A river that appears to be partially dried up.
One of the biggest swamp ponds I have ever seen, attatched to the spawn's swamp biome. There are some nearby extreme hills, for those who like them. TONS of lily pads there, if you like to build with them.
A small desert near the spawn swamp biome, separated by a river on both sides. The chunks for the second river hadn't generated yet in this picture.
Nothing special here really, just a fairly large plain for building large structures.
In my opinion, this seed is perfect for my tastes, especially the realistic mountain range.
- To post a comment, please login.