NOTICE: Due to continuing issues with the forum editor, I am no longer maintaining this page, but the same (and up-to-date with nicer formatting) tutorials can be found on Github (links below).
Here I will cover how to create an Item that stores an Inventory, like a backpack, as well as how to add additional inventory slots to the player, allowing you to have slots for things like amulets, rings, or whatever.
Creating an Item that stores an Inventory
(such as a Backpack)
Custom Player Inventory
Be sure to check out my other tutorials as well (more in my profile!):
- Modding With APIs
- EventHandler and IExtendedEntityProperties
- Custom Inventories in Items and Players
- Multi-Input/Output Furnace
- Rendering Your Custom Item Texture
- Overriding shift-click in custom Containers
- Using Potions in Crafting Recipes
- Enchanted Books and Crafting Recipes