Wow, you're a jerk UpUp_Away95. Do you know that?
1. I was in the process of updating Minecraft and my Xbox360 today because I do not keep my xbox constantly connected to the internet. My console was an "arcade edition" which is the cheaper option and doesn't include WIFI internet connections, so I only drag the long cord across the room on rare occasions to connect to Xbox Live and update. I was actually updating so I could have the option to upload my Minecraft maps to the cloud to back them up. It's sickeningly ironic that my map was deleted in the process. I'll also note that xbox live's update took 4 LONG tries to update successfully. An hour wait to get a "download error, cannot Update" message three times in a row before the final update took. I'm guessing this is why I no longer have my map.
2. I do not go on these forums because I have no need to. I had a reason to today. Sorry I wasn't your internet forum friend first before Microsoft erased a massive amount of my work.
3. I don't know why I'm one of a few cases of this happening - that's what I was trying to figure out. The internet has many reports of this happening and none have happy endings. If you're doubting what I've told you about my experience today, go shove it where the sun doesn't shine. I created an incredibly detailed world and took pictures of it over months of building - all I have left are those images now.
4. I am done with Minecraft. I cannot play a game where I put that much time and effort into it if there is even a slight chance that it will randomly be replaced by a new map.
5. I'm done with Microsoft. Sorry to be so blunt and bitter, but I feel like I'm lost a limb here for no reason at all. My next computer will be a Mac, my next console will be a Playstation. They've lost my trust and so they lost my business.
6. I was not aware that games could be copied onto other drives until today. I don't roam messageboards - I just played and learned it as I went... I wasn't even aware what "Creative Mode" was until several months into playing. The map was a daily escape for me. Now, it's all gone. Forever. Because I wanted to make sure I never lost the map and wanted to have the option to save it in the cloud. ...and apparently it's my fault for not taking an interest in the messageboard?
If you really understood my frustration, you would've showed an ounce of apathy. Instead you kicked me when I'm down. Thanks for that. So glad I didn't sign up for this forum earlier.
Here's a picture from my beautiful dead city. What a waste.
Woah dude, this isn't a site to start ranting about how terrible people (who are just trying to help you) are. You can't just treat them like there some kind of annoying bug (no pun intended ;0). You can't be one sided and think "He totally has the power to fix everything", in reality most of us can't do anything. Microsoft has strict rules on how you take steps to fix a problem, and if you really don't understand this, go look it up then. I'm not trying to be a jerk here and put you down. Really the only reason anyone helps here with people is to give suggestions and guide you to better help.