- Registered Member
Member for 8 years, 9 months, and 9 days
Last active Fri, Jan, 7 2011 15:57:54
- 0 Followers
- 29 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Apr 9, 2011NovaPow posted a message on How to Stop Grieving on Wooden Houses! [Video Tutorial]Yeah, I know why they don't burn, it's just that I wanted to point out that they don't burn to people who didn't already know. :wink.gif:Posted in: Videos
Apr 9, 2011NovaPow posted a message on How to Stop Grieving on Wooden Houses! [Video Tutorial]
Hey guys. I made a tutorial on how to stop your house from being grieved, assuming it's a wooden house. Basically you just build it using half wooden slabs, which don't catch on fire. It's useful, I think, so I thought I'd share it.
Happy mining, everyone! Let me know what you think!
Mar 24, 2011lol Glad you liked it. And thanks for body acting, btw. :smile.gif:Posted in: Fan Art
Mar 22, 2011Thanks!Posted in: Fan Art
Mar 22, 2011When a monster is feared, grown men will run from it...Posted in: Fan Art
(Having trouble with YouTube tags. D:)
Well, it's up and thus far the ratings please Pow.
First time filming in Minecraft, first time getting body actors, etc. This was very fun to make and I was pretty happy with the final product.
Let me know what you all think!
Mar 6, 2011Posted in: Let's Play (and Live Stream)Quote from GrimSkellington »It's looking pretty good, are you planning on doing much editing? I suggest you look into lighting the screen up artificially while in caves at least so we can see. It gets pitch black otherwise.
Since I haven't seen anything past the first episode though, I can't give much specific advice. I've made a guide on tips for editing/oration here if you would like to read over it, it has pretty much any advice I could give you anyways:
I'll be sure to try to light up the video next time when I can.
Episode one is the only one out thus far lol
And your guide is pretty nice. I'll be sure to read it. :wink.gif:
Mar 6, 2011Hey guys. The first episode of my Minecraft LP just hit Realm this morning. So far the feedback is pretty decent, and I hope you all enjoy it!Posted in: Let's Play (and Live Stream)
It's one of my first legitimate commentaries, so there are probably things wrong with it. So I'm very open to constructive criticism on how to improve. Thanks for watching and reading!
Mar 3, 2011I did just remember one thing. There's XFire. I've heard it's pretty decent and I know it's free. You have to download the program to use the recording app (it's not primarily a recording program but can be used for recording).Posted in: Let's Play (and Live Stream)
Download and install it. Then look up tutorials on how to record with it (I'd explain it but I've never used it for recording, so I have no idea how to really).
Maybe that can work for you.
Mar 3, 2011Well there are only so many options. If you want the best stuff you're going to have to pay. I recommend Fraps highly. It's really not even that expensive, being only about $37 USD (pretty affordable compared to Camtasia's several $100 price tag).Posted in: Let's Play (and Live Stream)
WeGame is the only half-decent game recorder I've heard of that's free. :/
Mar 3, 2011If you can't pay for a program, WeGame is probably the best you'll find. I've had some troubles getting it to record sound, but hey, you may get it to working (I never spent much time fooling with it as I use Fraps).Posted in: Let's Play (and Live Stream)
Mar 3, 2011Posted in: Let's Plays HelpQuote from RazgrizOne »Hello, I'm trying to get into Minecraft video making, and I have several ideas for LPs, however, I do have a few questions.
1.I tired using CamStudio to make videos, however I started lagging SO MUCH, I had to shut down my computer. Would there be anyway to get less lag with CamStudio?
2.Also regarding CamStudio, I noticed that you could either record sound, or microphone, is there any way to get both?
3.For one of my LP ideas, it would require a running server, but SMP lags a lot, even more possibly while recording. Any ideas to reduce lag?
4.How does one get, 'discovered', and become a famous Minecraft video maker? I know it has to do with luck, but anything that DOESN'T require shameless advertisement?
5.Would you people be interested in 'Let's play Minecraft on peaceful'?
1. Please, please, pleaaaase don't use CamStudio. I realize it seems appealing, seeing as it's free, but it was not made for recording game footage, and henceforth it is going to be laggy. I highly recommend Fraps. It's not free (though is pretty cheap) though is outstanding. Or if you don't want to pay money, try WeGame. It's not as good as fraps (at least in my opinion it's not) but it's free.
2. I, personally record the video using Fraps (though of course you may be recording video with a different program) and I use Audacity to record my audio. I find this is the best option because you can then go into editing and change the audio levels accordingly (I recommend lowering the volume of the gameplay a good bit, as your commentary is most certainly the most important part of the video). Audacity is free as well.
3. Honestly I just recommend doing it on singleplayer. Recording won't make things lag more, though. The only things that can really be done to reduce lag could be to run with a low amount of people, to disable unnecessary (or all) plug-ins, and to make sure the host has a good connection. It also helps if few to no other people in your house are using the internet, as that will make your bandwidth weak.
4. To be honest don't worry about getting famous. Just make videos for fun or don't make them at all. Though as a fellow video maker I know what it's like when you're getting started, and I'll just say these few tips to getting out there:
-Don't spam. It's annoying to people and only discourages them to watch your videos.
-Put a link to your channel/series in your signatures on forums. A few people might click it, though it's nothing that seems forceful or annoying. Also post threads ONLY on relevant forums about your series (like this forum, for instance. Don't go on some Mario fan club forum and post your Minecraft commentaries).
5. Not necessarily, since it sort of defeats the purpose. If it's on peaceful you really have no reason to build a stable shelter or to do things to survive. It'd pretty much just be you messing around, which would be more suitable for random clips, and not so much a Let's Play series. At least that's how I see it.
Good luck, man. Hope this is informative. If you've got any other questions let me know!
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.