Adds more rods, fish, plants, and more!
This mod is designed to increase the variety of fish as well as further develop tvhe fishing in Minecraft. Currently this mod adds 12 new fish. Please report any bugs you find. Comments and feedback are welcomed heavily.
The mod currently does not have sever support. That will come in a future update.
This page will be updated when the next update is released. If you have any questions or error reports, please check the FAQ first: https://github.com/S...gCraft/wiki#faq.
Latest release: v1.2.4 for MC 1.6.2. (Thanks to master801 for updating).
- v1.2.4 for MC 1.5.2
- v1.2.2 for MC 1.5.2
- v1.1.1 for MC 1.4.7
- v1.0.1 for MC 1.4.7
- v1.0.0 for MC 1.4.7
- Fixed bug where wooden fishing rods were crafted with half the amount of default uses.
- Included image file so bobbers will render correctly.
- Fixed bug where weeds would not immediately dissapear when not attached to block.
- Significantly reduced spawning rate of weeds.
- Added all items to the ore dictionary.
- Added goldfish, which have a chance of being caught in swamps when using frog eggs as bait.
- Added red-bellied piranha and peacock bass, which can be caught in the jungle.
- Added fish morsels as bait, which can be crafted from tuna strips.
- Added frog eggs as bait, which can be collected from weeds.
- Added a new underwater weed block, which spawns in rivers and swamps.
- Finished the fishing rod mechanisms, allowing baited fishing rods to take damage.
- Fixed an issue where you could not bait damaged rods
- Rewrote multiple class files for organization purposes.
- Moved the fishing location of pike to tundra rivers.
- Added the tool breaking sound when the wooden rod snaps.
- You can now see what bait is on your hook when you cast your rod.
- New textures.
- If there is no fish to catch in an area, the bobber will not bob (Before this change only a carp would bite where other fish didn't).
- Moved the fishing location of carp to forests.
- Added the ability to see what bait is on your rod by hovering the mouse over the item.
- Temporarily removed Lots Of Food compatibility.
- Added mcmod.info file.
- Almost all fish require bait now.
- Removed Squid fix.
- Fixed bug where carp can be caught with bluegill in the ocean.
- Added config file for item ids.
- Added pike and bluefin tuna.
- Added Lots of Food support.
- Added chicken worm.
- Fixed an id issue with multiple items.
- Official release. (MC 1.4.7)
You need Forge to install this mod.
Now with a sig! To support this mod, copy and paste this code into your signature:
It will produce this image link:
Pay very close attention to this section, as it will give you clues on where to fish.
Each type of fish has a different behavior relative to minecraft biomes and objects. Catfish tend to hang around in shaded, shallow regions of swamps, but sometimes come out during rainy days. They are caught with worms or frog eggs. Salmon are found roaming rivers of mild-temperature areas when using worms as bait. Bluegills and Goldfish are found commonly in swamps when using worms or frog eggs as bait, and Carp are found commonly... well, everywhere. The rarest of the fish are the Suckerfish, which are found near weedy river banks. Bass are found in mild-temperature rivers, but are only caught with worms. Small Piranahas can be caught when fishing in Jungle rivers by using a fish morsel as bait. Peacock Bass are caught in Jungle rivers when using Small Piranhas as bait. Pike are found in cold rivers, and are caught by using Bluegills as bait. Yellowfin and Bluefin Tuna, currently the only deep sea fish, are caught by using Bluegills as bait.
(Deep sea fishing will be refined later.)
Deep Sea Fish:
The player has a chance of catching a disease if eating raw fish. You must cook the fish or fish meat to receive full hp benefits. Eating a raw or cooked fish will also produce fish bones, which you can craft into bonemeal.
Certain kinds of bait can be obtained to help catch fish.Worms can be found in weedy areas of swamps during a downpour. Bluegill can be fished out of swampy water spots. Frog Eggs can be found in weeds. Fish Morsels can be crafted from fish meat.
- Yellowfin Tuna
- Bluefin Tuna
- Small Piranha
- Peacock Bass
- Wooden Fishing Rod (replaces the vanilla fishing rod)
- Reinforced Fishing Rod (twice as strong as wooden fishing rod)
- Tackle Box
- More bait
- More fish (deep water & shallow)
- More food
- Fishing rods do not display fishing line on item icons.
More content coming soon. If you like this mod, make sure to leave a vote . Thanks! Now get your rear out there and fish![represent]
This document is Copyright ©(2013) (Benjamin Tovar-Prince)(Sharingan616) and is the intellectual property of the author. It may be not be reproduced under any circumstances except for personal, private use as long as it remains in its unaltered, unedited form. It may not be placed on any web site or otherwise distributed publicly without advance written permission. Use of this mod on any other website or as a part of any public display is strictly prohibited, and a violation of copyright.