TWYCE - Map review
Puzzle maps. Most people think "oh GOD! Not one of these!" But not this time. There are puzzle maps, and then there's this one. Small puzzle areas, multi-block redstone mechanics, and ALL kept within adventure mode! Now how COOL is that? Awesomely cool.
So here's my breakdown of this map:
1) Mini puzzle areas. It's hard to make quality puzzles inside small areas, but this map does it in an amazing way.
2) Redstone command block integration. It's hard to get this right, especially in puzzle maps, but this one was perfect! Absolutely no bugs!
3) Hidden secrets. Need I say more?
4) Progressively challenging puzzles. Many puzzle maps that I have tested have a horrible difficulty curve. This one got it right the first time! Every single element was introduced and implemented perfectly into the puzzles. No rage puzzles. You simply gotta remember the block mechanics (and TRUST me, it was easy enough to remember).
5) Map length. This map was JUST long enough to make it enjoyable without making it impossible. Kudos on that.
1) Difficulty curve. (Well, this one isn't a con, but I gotta have SOMETHING here!). Rage-prone players WILL quit before finishing this map. It DOES get hard towards the end.
The Final Result: 10 Emerald Blocks!!!!!!!
(on the 1 - 10 scale)
Congrats man! You've achieved my first-ever-given highest ranking! Keep up the great work. I look forward to what you can make next!
(rating scale is as follows:
1-10 iron blocks = early stage map with much improvements needed
1-10 gold blocks = mid-range quality map with good quality that can be perfected
1-10 diamond blocks = quality made map; the REAL goods
1-10 emerald blocks = Highest quality map, in build, mechanics, and play.)
Have a map that you want me to review? Just message me with a forum post link and I'll do it right away!