worldmap (and waypoint) options menu crash fixed for 1.16.4. Might backport to 1.16.3 if needed, but TBH I'd really rather just maintain the current version for each major release of Minecraft. Thanks for the report, dumb error on my part
- Registered Member
Member for 10 years, 7 months, and 9 days
Last active Thu, Nov, 26 2020 03:43:31
- 37 Followers
- 1,712 Total Posts
- 667 Thanks
Nov 23, 2020Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Nov 21, 2020MamiyaOtaru posted a message on Misa's Realistic Texture Pack - Villager Update! (UPDATED 1 MAY 2021)Posted in: Resource Packs
welcome back! Forum wasn't the same without you
*edit* quoted so your important info wasn't bumped off page by my fluff
Jul 17, 2020Posted in: Minecraft Mods
1.10.6 (and 1.9.26 for MC 1.12 - 1.15)
- config file moved to /config folder. Cache and waypoint data moved out of /mods to /voxelmap folder
- fix for world map data not saving on exit
- support for 512x resource packs (assuming Minecraft itself can handle them)
- fix for entities in minecarts/boats or on non living entities being rendered too high
- world map cache memory usage reduced ~25%
- VoxelMap can now handle more than 65536 unique blockstates (basically unlimited)
Jul 8, 2020Posted in: Minecraft Mods
bad one snuck through when I enabled unicode letters in waypoint names. Fix uploaded
1.10.5 (and 1.9.25 for MC 1.12 - 1.15)
- fix bug causing duplicates of waypoints
Jul 3, 2020Posted in: Minecraft Mods
some new fixes
1.10.1 (and 1.19.21 for MC 1.15)
- fix player names on the minimap with high definition resource packs
1.10.2 (and 1.19.22 for MC 1.15)
- fix for icons for unknown mobs with non standard models (seems to also fix some icons showing as black squares)
1.10.3 (and 1.19.23 for MC 1.12-1.15)
- Can use non-roman characters in waypoint names. (fix to ensure waypoints file is stored with unicode encoding)
1.10.4 (and 1.19.24 for MC 1.15)
- fix for donkey, mule, and zombie/skeleton horse icons
- Forge release for 1.16.1
Jun 23, 2020Posted in: Minecraft Mods
release for 1.16.
bumped version number
- Redone much of the icon system to better reflect the shape of mobs. Mobs that use a second layer aren't necessarily all simple rectangles now
- various things to get ready for 1.16, like being able to have multiple dimensions with the same dimension type
- big UI refactor
Some old changelogs that weren't listed here:
- on the map, sky color shows now (instead of being black all the time)
- upper slabs and staircases etc correctly show up as non transparent blocks on minimap
- radar icons no longer occasionally flash when new ones are loaded
- fixed possible miscoloration of some radar icons
- blocks with custom models worn on heads are more accurate
Jun 19, 2020MamiyaOtaru posted a message on OptiFine HD (FPS Boost, Dynamic Lights, Shaders and much more)Posted in: Minecraft Mods
there is no optifine 1.16. You can get 1.15 by clicking "Preview versions"
Jun 2, 2020Posted in: Resource Packs
Mojang will release a pre-1.14 pack, but this pack needs to contain a lot more textures after 1.14. Basically every texture that is in 1.14 that also was in alpha/beta. For example. NostalgiaCraft needs to include the glass and obsidian texture (which hasn't been changed since alpha/beta, but not textures like end stone or stone bricks because these were introduced after alpha/beta (beta 1.8 doesn't count).
Could't this pack just be loaded after Programmer Art? That would revert the old blocks' textures to pre 1.14, then this pack could revert the ones that have changed since beta
May 3, 2020Posted in: Minecraft Mods
- Sheep colors (all of them *cough jeb_*)
- Smoother minimap motion when player is moving at high speed (lerping all the things)
- fix for squaremap transparency stencil not working correctly with minimap rotation on (primarily of use to resource pack authors)
- fix for radar being unable to be turned back on after turning it off (1.12)
- updated packed mixin library (1.12)
Apr 19, 2020Posted in: Minecraft Mods
new version for Minecraft 1.14 and up
- minimize lighting glitches on the world map when teleporting etc.
- villager icons show different villagers again
- horse icons show patterns again (and armor) (1.16)
- radar icons crisper (1.16)
If you have a Discord or if you DM me I can walk you through how to reproduce the crash, but for now I've set you a test server in which you can reproduce it. I messaged you the IP.
You only need Botania (& it's dependency Baubles) to connect, along with VoxelMap on the client (I was using 1.9.11_for_1.12.2).
I've placed a partially filled mana pool at world spawn, so as soon as you connect you will experience the crash (if not then just fly ~100-200 blocks away and it will crash).
Upon removing VoxelMap from the client and trying to connect again the issue disappears. Re-add VoxelMap and the crash returns.
thank you I'll join and check it out if it is still there
Apr 4, 2020Posted in: Minecraft Mods
1.12.2 had an update along with everything else this week. I couldn't reproduce any crashes with Botania, either on 1.12.2 or Botania's latest (1.14.4 IIRC). If you have a map or server that can reliably reproduce it that would help.
Due to Mojang changing blockstates for 1.13, maps from 1.12.2 and earlier are not compatible with 1.13 and up. Voxelmap will have to regenerate the worldmap. If it is doing so from a single player save, it can take a while. You should see it get out a region or two before too long though, so if it just remains black that's a bit of an issue
Mar 31, 2020Posted in: Minecraft Mods
and one more version. 1.16 snapshot, 1.15 for forge.
Should finally have all the bugs where some blocks turned grey worked out (can now use the grid colormap layout that Optifine allows)
- made compatible with MCPatcher style colormaps in grid layout (fixes yet another some-blocks-turn-grey bug)
- initial upload for 1.16 snapshot (fabric version)
- initial upload for 1.15.2 (forge version)
Mar 26, 2020Posted in: Minecraft Mods
fix for grass turning grey on the map when user encounters snow
fix for mob heads as helmets not showing on the radar
Dec 20, 2019Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Howdy! It's great to get VoxelMap back in 1.15.1. Thanks. But I have a question - why do most of my land biomes show gray, as if they were all the Mountain biome? The beaches do show up, and the trees, but the ground is all gray. Am I not doing some configuration correctly?
Cheers and thanks,
nothing you're doing wrong, definitely a bug. One I thought I'd quashed several versions ago but it crops up from time to time. If it's the same one, restarting Minecraft usually fixes it. I'll see if I can kill it for good
Dec 20, 2019Posted in: Minecraft Mods
1.15.1 version released for Fabric
will look at Botania if I get some time
- To post a comment, please login.
Jun 25, 2020Posted in: News
haha what? "Windows ten is the windows version of Java" what does this even mean? Windows 10 is the most recent release of Windows. It can run the Java version of Minecraft, but there is also a Bedrock client for it.
Jul 11, 2018MamiyaOtaru posted a message on Update Aquatic OUT TODAY on mobile, consoles + morePosted in: News
this is the point where the java version is officially obsolete. Console version getting an update first. We can see where the focus is and it makes sense that's where it is (business wise). Java version exists solely for mods, and fewer people even use those since bedrock has the greater player count and all the momentum. It was inevitable
Jul 6, 2018Posted in: News
well I'm probably done then. I've spent years getting my mod out quickly with new versions but I'm gone the entire month of August. How did this release slip to 14 months? It's about time though player numbers (for java) are way down and the very meager donations have dried up entirely. It's been a fun run
Jul 19, 2017Posted in: News
yeah, it's trying to shade or use gradients or whatever. These are 16x16m pixel textures. They are going to be pixelated. They look better just accepting that and having discrete colors and pixels rather than trying to blend stuff together and looking blurry while still being 16x16.
They really want to change that up, maybe the default resource pack should have increased resolution or something, but trying to make the current low res pack something it isn't just looks bad
Apr 12, 2017Posted in: News
And this could easily be fixed! If the texture file simply looked more like the following image, it would be so much easier for resource pack creators to update the bed model. This system is so much cleaner, more organised, and it has four separate textures for each leg. It would be really easy to implement and would make life so much easier for everyone else.
I really hope Mojang considers this. Thanks!
be shocked if they do. As resource packs can now contain models, your best bet is to make a bed model that does what you want (has separate textures for each leg). Other resource pack creators would love you for it I'm sure.
Sep 23, 2016Posted in: News
is this a joke.. you can download skins like that, any time, for free. Like you feel left out because you don't have to pay to get things console users have to pay for? wut
Those particular skins might not exist yet, but if anyone cares, they will
May 31, 2016MamiyaOtaru posted a message on Mojang's Commercial Use Guidelines Updated (For Businesses, Mainly)Posted in: News
why. It doesn't seem to hurt Second Life at all http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Advertising_in_Second_Life
I mean if you like being reminded that no matter how much work you put into creating something it still isn't yours because you used an engine someone else built, that's great. Just one more data point reinforcing that it isn't really a sandbox. Goes right along with how no one plays creative and so many people play PvP (when there are so many games with actual good combat). Just keep reminding us how the soul of the game we fell for initially isn't really there.
- To post a comment, please login.