We've seen mobs, guns, and new items before, from other mods. What I want is what makes Fallout gameplay unique: the RPG behind the FPS. Give me levels, give me perks, give me SPECIAL, give me VATS. Make the Pipboy the key to accessing all that, unlocking baked-in tutorials and ****, allowing you to pop into VATS, allowing you to manage perks and SPECIAL, like the Thauminomicon in the Thaumcraft mod, because reducing the Pipboy to a glorified Backpack mod ripoff is doing it a severe injustice. (Besides, I want to get addicted to Mentats, and I can't do that if it isn't included. And Mentats are a boost to SPECIAL stats.)
Also, the bottle cap recipe is broken if you're going to have traders use it, especially in conjunction with mods that increase how much iron you have handy. Have the bottle cap come out of the recipe a "blank bottle cap" unusable for trading but required for crafting an expensive Nuka~Cola. Then, have drinking a Nuka~Cola do what it does in Fallout- including giving you a "bottle cap" usable for trading.
Last but not least, in my opinion, not only does the HD textures not fit the world unless you have a resource pack that fits it, but they might reduce performance of computers that can't handle HD resource packs. I suggest making two versions of the mod, as it seems to be close to a 50/50 split whether the HD textures are good or bad.
- Registered Member
Member for 5 years and 22 days
Last active Sat, Mar, 7 2015 15:44:01
- 0 Followers
- 4 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Mar 6, 2015Lunamann posted a message on The Fallout Mod - | Guns | Mobs | Foods | Chems | Booze | 200,000 DOWNLOADS AND COUNTING!Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Mar 6, 2015Lunamann posted a message on UPDATING - The Fallout Mod | Guns | Mobs | Foods | Chems | BoozeWe've seen mobs, guns, and new items before, from other mods. What I want is what makes Fallout gameplay unique: the RPG behind the FPS. Give me levels, give me perks, give me SPECIAL, give me VATS. Make the Pipboy the key to accessing all that, unlocking baked-in tutorials and ****, allowing you to pop into VATS, allowing you to manage perks and SPECIAL, like the Thauminomicon in the Thaumcraft mod, because reducing the Pipboy to a glorified Backpack mod ripoff is doing it a severe injustice.Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Feb 4, 2015Lunamann posted a message on Idea for new Minecraft activity: "Surprise Renovation"Posted in: Discussion
1. The person who built the ugly house might feel insulted that you felt the need to renovate it.
2. They might report you for griefing/stealing and get you banned.
3. In the process of moving their stuff you could lose it. It is also stealing.
4. People playing SMP need to learn how to build nice things themselves instead of relying on others to do it for them.
5. People who can't/won't build a nice house don't deserve the respect and admiration that comes with having one.
6. Most SMP players do not care about having a nice house or appreciate your building skills. Most of them live in holes in the ground. I've personally offered nice mansions and castles to these players and they are generally unappreciative. I've built nice things on SMP servers, only for the community to basically get mad/jealous and flog me until I quit logging in.
All valid points.
I'm going to go through each one of them.
- Very true. They could also think of it as a nice gift, or come away feeling confused, or in the worst case just log off, frustrated, because the build took too long. The point here is to see what their reaction ends up being. Hence step 6 being not saying a word once you leave the build, and instead just watching their reaction.
- This is why you do it on a server that allows griefing/stealing.
- Again, this is why you do it on a server that allows griefing/stealing.
- *ahem* Your point 6. Also it won't likely last long, only long enough to impress/confuse/insult them before it gets griefed and stolen from.
- Again, they won't get to keep it long because of the requirement that it be on a server that allows griefing and stealing.
- And this is the true problem with it, you just predicted the target audience's reaction. Dangit.
You could get into real trouble if you get caught blowing it up.
And even then the recipient may still prefer their original house.
Perhaps if you could get the admins to agree to allow it and move the original somewhere else, that way you could also prebuild the new house somewhere else and get them swaped imidiately so you knew that the recipient wouldn't show up too soon.
Getting the admin in on it is actually a good idea for doing this kind of thing in grief-protected servers, where people will actually care about it compared to WuHsin's Point 6. It also allows switching them back. I like how you think, Hexalobular.
Feb 4, 2015Lunamann posted a message on Idea for new Minecraft activity: "Surprise Renovation"Okay, here's how you would go about surprise renovating:Posted in: Discussion
- Assemble a few friends.
- Get on an SMP server, preferably one without an anti-griefing feature as this could be considered griefing by some players.
- Assemble resources. Get the stone, the brick, and the stone brick, as well as weapons, armor, and TNT.
- Find someone's house. Preferably an ugly dirt house, and preferably one with the owner still online.
- Grab everything inside to make sure they don't lose it.
- Blow it up.
- Build an amazing house in its place. The faster you build it, the better- you want to make sure the guy's still online when you're done.
- Put the guy's stuff inside, along with a few diamonds.
- Leave without saying a word.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.