- Registered Member
Member for 10 years, 8 months, and 7 days
Last active Tue, Oct, 7 2014 05:49:12
- 1 Follower
- 29 Total Posts
- 3 Thanks
Jul 23, 2014Hello there. I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with the Aether mod. You know, floating islands, moas, sheep that float... I used to be part of the Aether team. I was their story writer, Liberty. I'm sure basically no one even knows me, but those who do have been wondering where I disappeared to. What if I told you I was kicked out? What if I told you that there was a secret feud within the team? What if I told you that they've attempted to silence me? To try and erase any trace of my work with the team? They've banned me from multiple places too, believing that the mature way to handle it was to prevent me from talking. But now, I shall speak freely. This is a long story, but I'm sure it'll be well worth your time to listen. I will try to remain as impartial as I can about these events, but please remember that there’s bound to be bias. So, take it with a grain of salt.Posted in: Mods Discussion
First, there should be some description of the team before these events. We’ve always been a very loosely associated group. There were no contracts or anything, it was about as casual a set up that one could imagine as a work environment. None the less, we managed to be productive.
It began with Emile, the musician of the group. Emile has been studying a game design course at university and was using it as a means of getting leverage in the group. He and the project leader, King, had known each other five years prior to Gilded Games. Emile knows exactly how to pitch ideas to King and get him to accept them. Their long association would also suggest that the two are naturally more inclined to listen to one another and be more receptive to suggestions to one another.
He began to slowly insert the notion of absolute control over the project to King. Over time, King accepted this idea and began to be a lot more controlling and micro managing of the group’s activities. There were multiple things we were forbidden from doing, including no story plotting, I couldn’t write out character profiles, King cracked down on us working on any other projects. In multiple instances, King even declared that this was going to be run like a dictatorship. Emile and King were at the top and the rest of the group could only accept their edicts.
The disagreement between me and them began as something not wholly relevant to the project’s management. Emile had kept insisting on the idea of game-based storytelling being wholly different to other forms of narrative. Keep in mind that he is expecting me to gain full understanding of a topic he was formally studying at a universitydedicated to game design. I felt that I could use my intuition to guess at what needed to be done, but they continued to insist I study the topic further. They didn’t just give me an outline of what they wanted or anything, they just said “study”. The study was not what I had a problem with, but rather their insistence with it. I eventually wrote out a document in which I made my own observations about narrative in games. None of them found any points they disagreed with. But none the less they insisted I study and declared my observations to only be “basic” ones. In order to write anything other than world building, they seriously wanted me to write a document complete with academic sources just to prove that I was competent with my own job that I’ve been doing for months with good results. Keep in mind that they are making demands such as this for volunteer workers and we’re not actually being paid to do anything.
The conflict around this concept and the gradual control King and Emile were assuming over operations eventually blew out into a month long feud, where I had tried and tried again to voice my concerns about the direction they’re taking, but they simply chose to fully disregard it and continued to make edicts and absolute demands. I’m going to admit that I’m really bad at arguing and debating, which further lead to them solidifying their own personal point of view. I was not the only one who had disagreements with the idea of a dictatorship, either. Literally every other member of the team were hurt by King’s sudden turn around from being a co-worker to a boss on micromanaging steroids. Keeping in mind the previously casual atmosphere, this was truly a turn for the worse.
Every conflict ended with me being the one having to make amends, apologies and attempts to patch things up. King and Emile had not apologised once for their behaviour or made any gesture of goodwill. This all accumulated to the point where I began talking to the AetherComm chat about what was happening in the studio. This was the final straw for them. They revoked my access to the very documents which I wrote, they banned me from the official Aether Minecraft server, they removed me from every single group chat on Skype and attempted to silence me on every front. I can only presume that they didn’t want the bad publicity. They then declared that I was unable to discuss things in a civil manner at all and gave me several weeks to “cool down”, away from the work which I had been doing for nearly a year and the countless bits and pieces of lore. This was in a private chat with only King and Emile there, as the two are basically inseparable at this point. That was when I decided I couldn’t work with these people anymore.
Now, what happened next is probably what would make me seem the most unsympathetic in this whole event. I have the publishing rights to all the ideas I had ever made with the studio, as I never signed a contract. I had threatened to take legal action if they even so much as thought about using my work without my permission.
In the end, I decided against this course of action because it would hurt the people I liked a lot more than the people I hated. Negotiation is based on compromise and neither of them even made an attempt to compromise throughout this entire event. They simply made demands. Each argument ended with me giving in and giving them what they wanted, as opposed to us reaching a mutually agreeable solution. I see no good future for the project if they continue on this path. I bet even if the heavens were tore asunder and the Archangel Michael told them this management model was a bad idea, they’d continue with it anyway.
Why am I telling you this? Because they have tried their utmost to prevent you from knowing anything. They want to pretend that this didn't happen and I never existed. If you want to keep supporting them, go ahead. Just remember who you're supporting. It's now been over a year since they updated the mod. Just remember that.
Apr 5, 2012LibertyPrimeTF2 posted a message on Better Than Legos | 1.2 | IndustrialCraft | BuildCraft | Grey-Listed | Mature CommunityIt's a good server guys! I've been having tons of fun. Iambrendon is also an awesome admin.Posted in: Minecraft Survival Servers (archive)
Feb 4, 2012LibertyPrimeTF2 posted a message on [1.0.0] AETHER - V1.04_01 Launch Bug Fixed - BUG FIXES - Crystal Trees, Enchanted Grass, White Apples!Posted in: Minecraft ModsQuote from presto1234
quick! get me a mongoose, its in my house!
but still in all serious matter.
ive adjusted the spawn of zephyrs to be lower, possibly allowing the spawn on other mobs. but i still cant find any phygs or moa's
not even swets will appear
There's a configuration file which allows you to tinker with the spawn rates of mobs. You could make it so zephyrs don't spawn at all if you wanted that.
Oct 21, 2011LibertyPrimeTF2 posted a message on Why the minecraft wiki is the real problem for minecraftYeah, I remember a time where I knew nothing about crafting or Minecraft's features. I ended up building a tiny dirt fort which I ended up trapped in during the night, spending the full night not leaving because I didn't know how to make a sword and defend myself, nor did I have a bed to make the night slip away.Posted in: Minecraftwiki.net
Not exactly a "breath-taking adventure". More like a frustrating misadventure. I only started enjoying myself after reading the wiki and discovering how to craft items.
- To post a comment, please login.
Jul 29, 2011Posted in: Minecraft Mods
The Herobrine Mod V3.6
Please note: This mod is officially discontinued and only works till Minecraft Version 1.7.10, but I will keep this page up. You can get the mod here http://proseda.bplaced.net/herobrine/herobrinemod.html#.Vv_iFvmLSUk Thank you all, it was a great time You can download the source code here http://www.mediafire.com/download/lz1csg0t8usjyai/HerobrineModSRC.zip
You can get the updated version here:
Use at your own risk! Im not accountable for random hearth attacks, poop in the pants, and other paranormal things I won't buy you new pants! Do not even ask!
I DO NOT grant redistribution rights to this mod to anyone that asks.
Thanks for over 2'200'000 Downloads!
Backup your minecraft world, you've been warned then copy the zip file into the mod folder
How to useRecipe for the Herobrine Totem Block
B= bone S = SoulSand
DO NOT PLACE TWO TOTEM BLOCK IN A MAP! HEROBRINE WON'T WORK WITH TO TOTEM BLOCKS!
Totem building guide
Download[Minecraft 1.7.10/1.7.2] click here (BUILD 23.07.2014/0245PM)
You can not upload this mod to another website, but you are allowed to use my original adf.ly link (this one http://adf.ly/cnkOO) , this will lead all the time to the newest version, everything else is forbidden.
How to use uploaded.net
- There is a new config file in the config folder, check it out.
- Few bug fixed
-Report them-Totem might not working well, work around: activate prank mode
Source CodeHere you can get the three most important herobrine source code parts, the building system, the entity and the events.
1.5.1: http://www.mediafire...rva5736jbt388b71.4.7: http://www.mediafire...hyea1h52k57hka3
You are allowed to use this code in your project, but you are not allowed to use it in your ownherobrine mod.
Change Log24.05.2014: 3.66 Bugfixes
22.03.2014: 3.6 Bugfixes and Spanish Language Files thanks to janitoalevic
06.03.2014: Long time no see, its for 1.7.2
23.10.2013: 3.5 balancing, spawnbug fixed, added different new stuff
05.10.2013: 3.45 fixes
28.09.2013: 3.4 for 1.6.4 + balancing
02.08.2013: Bug fixes, readded update checker and records
28.07.2013: 3.2 forge only
21.06.2013: 3.11 bug fix
17.05.2013: Soundbug fixed
03.05.2013: 3.1 for 1.5.2
22.04.2013: The Virus update, new content
21.04.2013: Bug fixes
20.04.2013: 2.97 Added a new mob
11.04.2013: Forge fix 2.96
24.03.2013: Bug fixes
22.03.2013: Ready for 1.5.1 Version 2.95
16.03.2013: Ready for 1.5 Version 2.9
11.01.2013: 2.85 Ready for 1.4.7
21.12.2012: Ready for 1.4.6, but nevermind, the end is near!
14.12.2012: Reminderbug fixed
23.11.2012: Ready for 1.4.5 + Bugfixes
16.11.2012: Ready for 1.4.4 + Bugfixes
29.10.2012: Ready for 1.4.2
08.10.2012: Small bug fix
30.09.2012: Fixed the spawn issue
27.09.2012: 2.54 bug fixes and added a configurator
18.09.2012: 2.53 Tweaks
11.09.2012: 2.51 bug fixes and readded chuck norris
09.09.2012: 2.5 Partially rewritten the mod FACELIFTING after a year
08.09.2012: 2.42 Bugfixes
30.08.2012: 2.41 with bugfixes and update reminder
27.08.2012 2.4 for 1.3.2 finally..
07.04.2012: 2.31 fixed every bug i know
06.04.2012: 2.3 is here, lot of bug fixes and a contest!
05.04.2012: now for 1.2.5
12.01.2012: Herobrine is back
04.01.2012: Removed Santa, Fixed dreams
21.12.2011: 2.0 Christmas Edition
20.12.2011: 1.91 pre-christmas stable
20.12.2011: 1.9 pre-Christmas realease
19.09.2011: Notch is fixed + MCP ting item bug too
18.09.2011: Its out for 1.8.1
06.09.2011: Added Nightmares, 1.8 Final is out
01.09.2011: New Notchbug fixed, sorry for that
30.08.2011: 1.53 is near, added two disc's and made herobrine stronger
27.08.2011: Fixed bugs added new features
23.08.2011 Fixed a tunnel bug hope it works
21.08.2011: Updated Notch, fixed bugs
20.08.2011: Notch is tamable, heroswine and cowbrine do now things
19.08.2011: Lot of things are adjustable with the herobrine.ini
19.08.2011: Chuck Norris and Notch added
19.08.2011: More Polterbrine events
19.08.2011: You can now add your own buildings or traps
19.08.2011: 1.5 Beta is out
06.08.2011: Removed Notch
01.08.2011: It's done
31.07.2011 0823PM: Nearly done
31.07.2011: Betatesting done, time for a break
31.07.2011: Made the night through, added lot of scary stuff
31.07.2011: The update is near
30.07.2011: Added sound
And Credits goes to
- Lockn'Load for helping me with 1.3.2
- BlahBlahBlahGAMING for his herobrine song
- Orchid for his awesome banner
- Gothtigger92 for her herobrine song
- pitman-87 for the magicbox support and the code
- Halucid for the Notchskin
- Studnicky for the Chuck skin
- Koquitlum for making this awesome banner
- theshrimpy1 for testing the mod for hours, and correcting the readme file
- Killtherun1 for supporting me and making two good videos
- GameChap for his awesome video
- Redworthy for beeing Redworthy
- Remlly for the screenshots
TERMS AND CONDITIONS. RESPECT COPYRIGHT!0. USED TERMS
MOD - modification, plugin, a piece of software that interfaces with the Minecraft client to extend, add, change or remove original capabilities.MOJANG - Mojang ABburnner- , Original author of the MOD. Under the copyright terms accepted when purchasing Minecraft
(http://www.minecraft.net/copyright.jsp) the OWNER has full rights over their MOD despite use of MOJANG code.USER - End user of the mod, person installing the mod.
THIS MOD IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE OWNER OF THIS MOD TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THIS MOD. THIS MOD ALTERS FUNDAMENTAL PARTS OF THE MINECRAFT GAME, PARTS OF MINECRAFT MAY NOT WORK WITH THIS MOD INSTALLED. ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS MOD FALL ON THE USER.
Use of this MOD to be installed, manually or automatically, is given to the USER without restriction.
This MOD may only be distributed where uploaded, mirrored, or otherwise linked to by the OWNER solely. All mirrors of this mod must have advance written permission from the OWNER. ANY attempts to make money off of this MOD (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, sharecash, etc.) are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN, and the OWNER may claim damages or take other action to rectify the situation.
4. DERIVATIVE WORKS/MODIFICATION
This mod is provided freely and may be decompiled and modified for private use, either with a decompiler or a bytecode editor. Public distribution of modified versions of this MOD require advance written permission of the OWNER and may be subject to certain terms.
You can not upload this mod to another website, but you are allowed to use my original adf.ly link to provide a downloadlink on your webpage, this link will lead all the time to the newest version, so you do not have to check for updates. Everything else is forbidden.
This mod is supported by ads from adf.ly,google adsense and ads from my own game (Monsters In Love). Ads might be shown during playing Minecraft.
You are not allowed to use the mod in "modpacks".
You are allowed to use this mod in your videos (Let's Play, etc.).
If you like my mod and want to donate, anything you can give would be appreciated. Feel free to donate. I need my coffee... With a donation you support me and the development of the mod.
Users who did donate
- 5$ andriyasdf
- 5$ Speed
Thank you guys!
<---- Do not forget to vote this post up
Dec 25, 2011kingbdogz posted a message on [1.0.0] AETHER - V1.04_01 Launch Bug Fixed - BUG FIXES - Crystal Trees, Enchanted Grass, White Apples!Posted in: Minecraft ModsThread locked for this reason.
Mock-up "CD Case" for the Aether! Created by our talented artist, The5.
1.04_01 has arrived! 100's of Bug Fixes.
Yes, the Aether collaboration mod has finally returned. The Aether Collaboration mod adds a whole new dimension called the "Aether" with various dungeons to explore, bosses to defeat, and rewards to reap!
I know that many of you may have lost interest in the project because of the code freeze after 1.7.3, but considering how many updates and pre-releases that were getting pushed out by Notch and Jeb at the time, you cannot blame us for being so hesitant. Regardless, let's put the past behind us, and look to the future of the Aether's development! Finally, after months of wait, the mod is available to play in the latest version of Minecraft (Version 1.0) and has included some great new features.
We as the dev team would like to thank you all for you patience with this update. Think of it as our christmas gift from us to you I hope you all enjoy, we worked hard to get this done in time.
1.04 Patch notes:
- Added Crystal Trees. These trees can be found floating on small islands throughout the world. Some of the Crystal Leaves found on the trees contain White Apples.
- Added White Apples which, when eaten, cure any poison for 6 seconds.
- Swets now drop Swetty Balls. Swetty Balls can be right clicked onto Aether Dirt to grow it into Aether Grass.
- Made Christmas Trees slightly rarer. You can also turn off their generation by setting the "christmasContent" variable to "false" in the Aether config file.
- Aether Grass can now be enchanted by right clicking it with Ambrosium Shards. Enchanted Aether Grass increases the quantity dropped by crops that are planted on them (at the moment this only applies for Berry Bushes since they are the only "Crop" type block in the Aether).
- Berry Bushes now drop 0-2 Blue Berries. This means you have a chance to recieve no Berries when harvesting them. Planting Bush Stems on Enchanted Grass changes the drop rate to 1-3.
- Blue Berries, Ginger Bread Man, and Candy Cane food items now heal 1 full hunger bar instead of half a hunger bar.
- Fixed issues with Dungeon Loot Chests. Using a Key on them also no longer consumes it.
- Fixed transparency issues with Christmas Tree leaves.
- Fixed a crash where if you created a new World it would output an error "Already Decorating!"
- Fixed a bug where exiting a world while in the Aether would create a "Second Aether" and then teleport you back to the same coordinates in the Overworld, often suffocating your character in the main menu.
- Fixed a bug where shift-clicking while in the Altar would crash and corrupt your save.
- Fixed a bug where Beds would not place correctly in the Aether.
- Fixed Sapling drop rate from Golden Oaks and Skyroot Trees.
- Added leaf decay to Christmas Trees.
- Added golden particle effects to Golden Oak trees.
- Fixed a bug where, while another block was on top of it, Grass would change its metadata into something ridiculous instead of changing it to a Dirt block.
- Fixed a bug where Skyroot Swords used a normal Wooden Sword sprite.
- Fixed a bug where players bodies would stay behind after death.
- Fixed Cloud Parachute entities not using proper texture.
- Fixed Lightning Knives using a Gold Ingot sprite instead of its proper sprite.
- Fixed a bug where White Moa Eggs would be slightly blue.
- Fixed Aether Shovels not picking up Snowballs from Snow patches.
- Fixed the Slider Boss's eye brightness.
- Fixed a bug where Aether Dirt would have no name.
- Fixed Skyroot Leaves dropping Leaf Blocks.
- Healing Stones now have a gradual health regeneration effect, and no longer heal instantly.
- Fixed a bug where Berry Bushes would get removed from chunks and the drops would spawn at the players head.
- Fixed a bug where Presents would randomly explode.
- TNT from Presents no longer destroys terrain.
- Fixed Mob pack-sizes and rarity.
- Changed Berry Bush generation. Now generates in larger groups.
- Fixed a bug where it would snow and rain in the Aether.
- Fixed a bug where the console would list the Trivia mod and Aether mod as 1.7.3.
- Lava now turns into Aerogel instead of Obsidian when placed in the Aether.
- Changed animal movement weighting so that its optimized for the Aether terrain.
- Fixed Aether sounds not working.
- Fixed a graphical error where White Flowers and Purple Flowers had switched sprites.
- Fixed Lore duplication glitch where you could replicate items.
- Removed the unnecessary edit in GuiInGame.
1.03 Patch notes:
- Ambrosium no longer heals nor replenishes hunger.
- The Enchanter has been renamed to the Altar. In the future, it will get a complete redesign which will hopefully differentiate it from other work stations.
- Flying Pigs now only drop Raw Pork, and no longer drop Feathers.
- New Blue Berry bushes have been added to the mod. They will commonly generate around the Aether, and when destroyed will reward you with a random amount of Blue Berries. Blue Berries heal half a heart. In the Bush's place, a Bush Stem will stand there and over time grow back into another Blue Berry Bush. This means that you could, if desired, make a farm of Blue Berry bushes!
- New Festive Tree! These trees can sometimes be seen in the masses, but other times very rarely. They emit snow particles around them, freezing over entire lands!
- Present Block added! These Presents can be found underneath and around Festive Trees. Don't be fooled though: these presents may seem friendly but they (upon random chance) can either turn out bad or turn out very good for the receiver. Be careful but don't be hesitant!
- Added 3 new secret items!
- Added 1 new music piece to the Aether soundtrack, composed by the talented Emile!
- Invisibility Capes improved significantly. While worn, mobs can no longer see you unless you swing your fist/sword, making it a very useful tool indeed!
- Temporarily removed main menu music and the quick load feature. Sorry guys! They will be back very soon
- There is no guarantee that older Aether maps will still work with the latest version of the mod.
- The leap from 1.7.3 to 1.0 in one big swoop was huge for us, and as a result THERE WILL BE BUGS HERE AND THERE. Please just keep that in mind and inform us of any you find, and we will destroy them as quickly as we can.
This is a step-by-step process to install The Aether Collaboration mod Version 1.04 by Kingbdogz, Shockah, Kodaichi, Flan, _303, and Saspiron. Follow closely! This version of the Aether uses and is prepackaged with the ForgeAPI.
This mod is compatible with Version 1.0.0 of Minecraft, and requires the following API/Mods in order to successfully run:
- "Modloader" By Risugami - Download Modloader
- "ModloaderMP" Created By SDK/Updated By Flan - Download ModloaderMP
- "Audio Mod" By Risugami - Download AudioMod
- "PlayerAPI" Created By Flan/Updated By Divisor - Download PAPI
- "ShockAhPI" By Shockah - Download SAPI
The list is quite long but this ensures that maximum compatibility is allowed between the Aether and various other mods.
Once you have installed the above mods, you can install the Aether:
1. First of all, go to your start menu. If you have Windows 7 there should already be a search bar there. If you use Windows XP, find a program on the side called "Run" and open it. Once you've clicked on the search bar, type in %appdata%
2. This should open up a folder called Roaming with a bunch folders inside. On the very top should be a folder called ".minecraft". Open it. Once inside, open another folder called "bin", and then open the "minecraft.jar" file with Winrar.
3. Now, go back to the "Aether_1.04" folder then "Jars" folder that you downloaded before. Inside there should be a bunch of folders and files. Drag them into the "minecraft.jar" you opened up recently with Winrar and press yes if it asks you to replace some files. Once done, delete the folder inside called "META-INF".
4. After that, you must go back to the original ".minecraft" folder that you were in before the "bin" folder. Once you are inside that folder, go back to the "Aether_1.04" folder and drag both the "resources" folder into ".minecraft". Press yes if it asks you to merge any folders.
5. Close down all the windows and start up Minecraft. Wait a while, and if it ends up black screening then you have a problem. If not, then enjoy!
If you happen to use Too Many Items (commonly known as TMI), it must be noted that you must install it AFTER you've installed the Aether, otherwise it will not work correctly.
Thanks for the patience!
~ The Aether Dev Team ~
Having troubles? Installation didn't work? Let DirtyMoDz7s guide you through step by step! Watch the video below:
This mod has literally taken 4-5 months of SOLID development to come to fruition, and we have wasted thousands of hours of our free time to complete this mod. A good way of saying thank you to the developers is to not only download the mod and support the project, but donating a bit of spare money really helps motivate us. Like I said, this project has been developed for an insanely long time, the donations would be VERY much appreciated for our hard work. Thanks!
OLD INFO BELOW
Sorry for the delay in the patch; the team has been very busy wrapping things up with the new mod version, and of course some of us have to attend to real life. However, we have finally finished the patch, and it is now available for download! Not only have we fixed a huge amount of bugs, but we've also added new features, tweaks and balance changes to freshen up your Aether experience. We've worked very hard on the patch, and so we hope you enjoy what it has to offer.
If you have yet to see the change list for Patch 1.02 of the Aether, you can see it below:
The Aether NO LONGER WORKS WITH SINGLE PLAYER COMMANDS. It uses an API called Player API, which basically allows several mods to edit the Entity Player. However, Single Player Commands has not used this new API yet, so you cannot run the two mods at the same time or else it will CRASH. I expect a patch/quick fix will be up shortly!
ADDITIONALLY: The Aether DOES NOT WORK with ShockAhPI r5 and r6, since it directly overwrites Player API (similarly to SPC). However, we have created a new version of ShockAhPI which utilizes Player API. Even though Shockah is currently on holidays, he has given us permission to distribute this version of the API with adf.ly (as he is one of the Aether team members). The new download link for this fixed version will be below. IF YOU HAVE V1.01 CURRENTLY IN YOUR JAR FILE, YOU MUST USE A FRESH JAR OTHERWISE IT WILL CRASH. THE PATCH DOES NOT WORK WHEN SIMPLY PASTING OVER V1.01.
There is also one known bug with the current menu: it seems that, because of the way we load the menu music, it has a 2-4 second stall upon opening Minecraft. It's not a huge delay, but sometimes it may be confused with a blackscreen. It actually isn't, you just need to wait a few seconds for the menu to do its thing.
We've been working quite hard on this patch, and would appreciate any donations from our fans. Anything helps; it's the thought that counts!
The Aether mod V1.02 requires ModLoader, AudioMod, PlayerAPI, and ShockAhPI r5.1.
Aether Mod Download - V1.02
New SinglePlayerCommands Patch out!
To use SPC with the Aether mod V1.02, first install SPC then use this patch by meiska_:
Download SPC Patch
HOW TO INSTALL VIDEO - STEP BY STEP (V1.01, these videos are outdated!):
Thanks to DirtyMoDz7s for the video!
Thanks to RZGamez for the video!
It's finally here...
One of the biggest projects in Minecraft Modding history is now completed. Five very well-known and talented modders (Kingbdogz, Kodaichi, Shockah, Flan and 303) have joined forces to develop the Aether, a celestial realm found in outer limits of the atmosphere. The Aether is what you could call the "antipole" of the Nether. The Nether is a network of desolate, fiery caverns filled with bloodstained Cobblestone and sticky Soulsand; it lies beneath the very soil of our Minecraft world. The Aether, on the other hand, is a collection of floating plains and islands, all connected together to create a breathtaking dimension of the skies. Even during the night, the Aether is still quite peaceful, and a normal day in the Aether is the equivalent of three days on the surface.
Aerwhales, the gentle giants of the Aether, can be found floating in the horizon, munching on Golden Oaks and strips of Blue Aerclouds as the sun climbs higher in the sky. When the sun falls, Cockatrices crawl away from their well-hidden nests, ready to attack. Peaceful as they may seem, these deadly birds shoot poisonous needles at you when provoked. They are one of the few hostile mobs in the Aether.
The Aether isn't always fun and games though; elaborate dungeons are protected by powerful Guardians and sleeping sentries which await watchfully. They can be found in the sides of massive floating islands, containing locked loot chests with otherwise unobtainable singular items and blocks worth the effort of slaying their key bearing protectors.
Dungeons have three levels of difficulty. Bronze, Silver and Gold; Bronze being the easiest, and Gold being the hardest. This means that the Bronze Dungeon will be easier to handle, but the Dungeon will only yield "good" items. Silver Dungeons are slightly harder, and reward you with much better unique items. Gold Dungeons are extremely hard, but you will be rewarded with incredibly powerful items. These unique rewards CANNOT be obtained any other way.
Moas, peaceful and majestic giant birds, populate the Aether in three different colours: Blue, White and Black. Wild Moas cannot be tamed, but they do occasionally drop eggs of their respective colour. These eggs can be incubated with the Incubator block (using Ambrosium Torches). Once incubated, they can be fed with the Aechor Petals of Aechor Plants. They require 8 petals in total to grow, but are not always hungry and will occasionally refuse your offer (which can be done by right clicking them with the Aechor Petal). When grown, you have now completely tamed the Moa, and a saddle can be placed on their backs to ride. Blue Moas can perform 3 mid-air jumps, White Moas can perform 4 mid-air jumps, and Black Moas can perform 8 mid-air jumps.
Flying Pigs can also be found wandering around the Aether, and occasionally flying freely through the air. These creatures can be saddled with a Saddle, and flown around without having to deal with a taming process. This allows players to quickly hop into the action. However, Flying Pigs can only jump once, and do not have the privilege of mid-air jumps like the powerful flying Moas.
The Portal to the Aether is made out of a Glowstone Frame, and can be activated with a Bucket of Water!
Support the Aether Mod!
Just copy the code below and insert it into your signature.
Alternative Banners (Credits to Kanza and Divinux!):
- Hozz (for helping me with some Sprites)
- Firehazurd (for the idea of flying whales and moas)
- GreyAcumen + Community (for the idea of the Aether!)
- Kanza and Divinux for the alternate support banners.
~ Stay Tuned ~
Aug 19, 2011Posted in: Minecraft ModsImagine stepping through a portal into a twilight realm, filled with trees as far as they eye can see. Breathtaking vistas and amazing discoveries await you around every corner. But beware! Not all denizens of the forest respond to your intrusion lightly.
Updated March 29th to version 2.3.5. This version supports Minecraft 1.7.10. New in this version, the Snow Queen rules over the Aurora Palace high atop the glacier, while trolls inhabit caves deep in the rock of the highlands. In addition to these new areas to explore, this version also revises the progression system to feature very visible weather effects in "locked" biomes, instead of less-visible magic effects. Version 2.3.4 adds a /tfprogress command to advance a player's progress, as well as hint monsters that may appear if you're struggling with the progression system. Version 2.3.5 fixes bugs, adds the knightmetal block-and-chain tool and adds a bit of new swamp scenery.
If you haven't played one of the 2.0 versions, there is a new progression system. See the details on the wiki page.
Support this mod on www.patreon.com/benimatic.
Follow me on Twitter: @benimatic.
Old Versions:Download v2.3.3 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.7.10. Requires Minecraft Forge 10.13.2.1291 or higher. Uploaded 2/7/14
Download v2.3.2 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.7.10. Requires Minecraft Forge 10.13.0.1199 or higher. Uploaded 9/22/14
Download v2.3.1 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.7.10. Requires Minecraft Forge 10.13.0.1199 or higher. Uploaded 9/18/14
Download v2.2.3 (mirror)- universal mod package for Minecraft 1.7.2. Also supports 1.7.10. Requires Minecraft Forge 10.12.0.1024 or higher. Uploaded 7/17/14
Download v2.2.1(mirror)- universal mod package for Minecraft 1.7.2. Also supports 1.7.10. Requires Minecraft Forge 10.12.0.1024 or higher. Uploaded 7/12/14
Download v2.2.0(mirror)- universal mod package for Minecraft 1.7.2. Also supports 1.7.10. Requires Minecraft Forge 10.12.0.1024 or higher. Uploaded 6/29/14
Download v2.1.1 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.7.2. Requires Minecraft Forge 10.12.0.1024 or higher. Uploaded 6/14/14
Download v2.1.0 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.7.2. Requires Minecraft Forge 10.12.0.1024 or higher. Uploaded 6/8/14
Download v2.0.3 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.7.2. Requires Minecraft Forge 10.12.0.1024 or higher. Uploaded 3/10/14
Download v2.0.2 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.7.2. Requires Minecraft Forge 10.12.0.1024 or higher. Uploaded 3/6/14
Download v2.0.1 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.7.2. Requires Minecraft Forge 10.12.0.1024 or higher. Uploaded 3/4/14
Download v1.20.4 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.6.4. Requires Minecraft Forge 18.104.22.1686 or higher. Uploaded 3/15/14
Download v1.20.3 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.6.4. Requires Minecraft Forge 22.214.171.1246 or higher. Uploaded 11/26/13
Download v1.20.2 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.6.4. Requires Minecraft Forge 126.96.36.1996 or higher. Uploaded 11/11/13
Download v1.20.1 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.6.4. Requires Minecraft Forge 188.8.131.526 or higher. Uploaded 10/7/13
Download v1.20.0 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.6.4. Requires Minecraft Forge 184.108.40.2060 or higher. Uploaded 9/22/13
Download v1.19.3 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.6.2. Requires Minecraft Forge 220.127.116.114 or higher. Uploaded 9/8/13
Download v1.19.0 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.6.2. Requires Minecraft Forge 18.104.22.1680 or higher. Uploaded 8/4/13
Download v1.18.2 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.5.2. Requires Minecraft Forge 22.214.171.1244 or higher. Uploaded 6/30/13
Download v1.18.1 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.5.2. Requires Minecraft Forge 126.96.36.1994 or higher. Uploaded 5/27/13
Download v1.18.0 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.5.2. Requires Minecraft Forge 188.8.131.524 or higher. Uploaded 5/11/13
Download v1.17.2 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.5.1 or 1.5.2. Requires Minecraft Forge 184.108.40.2060 or higher. Uploaded 4/30/13
Download v1.17.1 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.5.1 or 1.5.2. Requires Minecraft Forge 220.127.116.110 or higher. Uploaded 3/30/13
Download v1.17.0 - universal mod package for Minecraft 1.5.1 or 1.5.2. Requires Minecraft Forge 18.104.22.1680 or higher. Uploaded 3/21/13
Download v1.16.3 - universal package for Minecraft 1.5.0. Requires Minecraft Forge 7.7. Uploaded 3/20/13
Download v1.16.2 - universal package for Minecraft 1.5.0. Requires Minecraft Forge 7.7. Uploaded 3/18/13
Download v1.15.4 - universal package for Minecraft 1.4.7. Requires Minecraft Forge 6.6. Uploaded 3/2/13
Download v1.15.3 (adf.ly link) - universal package for Minecraft 1.4.7. Requires Minecraft Forge 6.6. Uploaded 2/16/13
Download v1.15.2 - universal package for Minecraft 1.4.7. Requires Minecraft Forge 6.6. Uploaded 2/10/13
Download v1.15.1 - universal package for Minecraft 1.4.7. Requires Minecraft Forge 6.6. Uploaded 1/19/13
Download v1.15.1 - universal package for Minecraft 1.4.7. Requires Minecraft Forge 6.6. Uploaded 1/12/13
Download v1.14.0 - universal package for Minecraft 1.4.6. Requires Minecraft Forge 6.5. Uploaded 12/21/12
Download v1.13.2 - universal package for Minecraft 1.4.5. Requires Minecraft Forge 6.4. Uploaded 12/16/12
Download v1.13.1 - universal package for Minecraft 1.4.5. Requires Minecraft Forge 6.4. Uploaded 11/26/12
Download v1.13.0 - universal package for Minecraft 1.4.4 or Minecraft 1.4.5. Requires Minecraft Forge 6.3 (for 1,4,4) or Forge 6.4 (for 1.4.5). Uploaded 11/14/12
Download v1.12.3 - universal package for Minecraft 1.4.2. Requires Minecraft Forge 6.0.1.whatever. Uploaded 11/14/12
Download v1.12.2 - universal package for Minecraft 1.4.2. Requires Minecraft Forge 6.0.1.whatever. Uploaded 11/5/12
Download v1.12.0 - universal package for Minecraft 1.4.2. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 10/25/12
Download v1.11.11 - package for Minecraft 1.3.2. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 10/19/12
Download v1.11.10 - package for Minecraft 1.3.2. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 10/6/12
Download v1.11.8 - package for Minecraft 1.3.2. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 9/27/12
Download v1.11.5 - package for Minecraft 1.3.2. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 9/11/12
Download v1.11.4 - universal files for Minecraft 1.3.2. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 9/3/12
Download v1.11.3 - universal files for Minecraft 1.3.2. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 8/26/12
Download v1.11.1 - universal files for Minecraft 1.3.2. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 8/20/12
Download v1.10.1 - client files for Minecraft 1.2.5. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 6/8/12
Download v1.10.1 - server - server files for Minecraft 1.2.5. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 6/8/12
Download v1.10.0 - client files for Minecraft 1.2.5. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 6/5/12
Download v1.9.1 - client files for Minecraft 1.2.5. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 6/3/12
Download v1.9.1 - server - server files for Minecraft 1.2.5. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 6/3/12
Download v1.9.0 - client files for Minecraft 1.2.5. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 5/1/12
]Download v1.9.0 - server - server files for Minecraft 1.2.5. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 5/1/12
- client files for Minecraft 1.2.5. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 4/19/12 Updated 4/22 - fixed a few stray pixels on the items and armors.
- server files for Minecraft 1.2.5. Requires Minecraft Forge. It is highly recommended that you update your forge to 22.214.171.124 or newer. Uploaded 4/19/12
- client files for Minecraft 1.2.5. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 4/8/12
- server files for Minecraft 1.2.5. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 4/8/12
- client files for Minecraft 1.2.4. Requires Minecraft Forge (& ModLoader & ModloaderMp). Uploaded 4/1/12 (Re-uploaded on 4/3 to fix a bug causing more-than-usual lag in SMP. Download the file again if you're having that problem.)
- server files for Minecraft 1.2.4. Requires Minecraft Forge (& ModloaderMp). Uploaded 4/1/12
- client files for Minecraft 1.2.3. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 3/13/12
- server files for Minecraft 1.2.3. Requires Minecraft Forge. Uploaded 3/13/12
- client files for Minecraft 1.2.3. Uploaded 3/8/12
- client files for Minecraft 1.1. Uploaded 1/26/12
- server files for Minecraft 1.1. Only needed for a multiplayer server, of course. Uploaded 1/26/12
- for Minecraft 1.1. Uploaded 1/20/12
- for Minecraft 1.0. Uploaded 11/29/11
- for Minecraft 1.8.1. Uploaded 11/02/11
- for Minecraft 1.8.1. Uploaded 10/04/11
- for Minecraft 1.8.1. Uploaded 9/27/11
Download v0.1p4 -updated 08/22 - for Minecraft 1.7.3. Note that saves from previous updates are not fully compatible so you will have to start a new game.
Download server mod 0.1p4 - for Minecraft 1.7.3. Only needed if you are running an SMP server. To install, drop files into the minecraft_server.jar. Note that it replaces the normal world, so you will need to generate a new world to use this.
View the change log on the wiki.
View the FAQ on the wiki.
View the installation instructions on the wiki.
To make a portal to the Twilight Forest, make a 2 x 2 shallow pool (4 squares) of water in a grassy area, and surround it entirely with natural stuff. Flowers, mushrooms or tall grass. Then throw a diamond in (with the "Q" key, by default) and stand back!
It should look a little like this:
Videos:Loooks has a great video showing some scenes from the mod here. Very tranquil.
Direwolf20's wonderful mod spotlight video should whet your appetite for some exploration:
The Yogscast explores the Twilight Forest, Part 1:
Yogscast Part 2:
Yogscast Part 3:
Lots more videos in this spoiler tag here! Some installation guides and some more mod showcases.
Paulsoaresjr takes on the Twilight Forest in his Man vs. Minecraft series. Episode 1 below, but check out the whole series.
Loooks has a great video spotlighting some of the new features here. Very tranquil.
Minecraftmoe shows you some views of the Twilight Forest with some epic music.
GameChap and Bertie are always entertaining. Here is their video showcasing the latest version:
Installation guide by SCMowns:
RoosterInASuit does a nice install guide/spotlight:
Runemaster96 does a very nice job with a mod showcase here:
Piedudeaus's Mod Spotlight:
GeraldoCockerhan fights the naga and wins!
Elliothawk has an in-depth exploration video:
MinecraftScorpion does a Mod Showcase:
Spelunkstar has a two-part video:
Older (but still good) Videos
Etalyx's Mod Spotlight:
Mod Pack Policy:
Please note that I don't usually have the time to respond to mod pack requests (or private messages in general).
You have permission to include the Twilight Forest mod in any mod pack, as long as the following conditions are met:
- Provide a link to this forum post
- Properly credit the author, Benimatic
- You cannot make any money off of the mod pack
- Remove the mod from your pack if I specifically request it
The Twilight Forest is fully supported in the Zekocraft texture pack. I love it!
Also there's the strange and wonderful Ruinex texture pack has textures for this mod.
Please let me know about other texture packs.
KensuleNL made a great banner for your signature:
<a href="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/561673-100the-twilight-forest-v15"><img src='http://i.imgur.com/sEFug.png' /></a>[represent]
Jun 13, 2012thundermuffin posted a message on [1.4.4/5] Pony Powers Mod! (previously called Further Ponification)No thanksPosted in: Minecraft Mods
Apr 5, 2012iambrendon posted a message on Better Than Legos | 1.2 | IndustrialCraft | BuildCraft | Grey-Listed | Mature CommunityPosted in: Minecraft Survival Servers (archive)Problems installing the mods? Post a reply here and I'll help you.
Server IP: Listed at the bottom; so read the post, all of it.
A terse summation:Welcome to Better Than Legos! We are a budding and mature community of Build/IndustrialCraft enthusiasts. Better than Legos runs 24/7 (except for the periodic restarts to mitigate lag).
Aside from the required client-side modifications to play, BTL is a very lightweight server. We see no point in using more than the bare essentials in terms of plugins. We have enough to roll-back griefing, for players to set their homes, for those especially concerned about theft and griefing to own a town, and for Admins to keep the flow of events towards a more favorable wavelength.
We expect our staff to remain friendly, or at least civil; and as such, we expect our players to as well. That is why we aim for a white-listed community, with certain age and maturity requirements to join. Read on for the community rules and guidelines.
Plugins and Modifications:We are running BuildCraft, IndustrialCraft2, and RedPower as our main client-side modification package.
Player commands:- /sethome | Sets your home to where you are standing- /home | Returns you to your home- /spawn | Returns you to the main server spawn- /towny | Displays a help page for the Towny land management plugin- /money | Views your current Iconomy balance.and more. Type /help in-game to see a full list.
Rules (not for dispute):
1) About Griefing:Griefing is a bit of a gray-area here. We allow raiding of non-town areas. This means you are allowed to break blocks to access chests. This does not mean you can level an entire building --- you should only be breaking blocks that are likely to conceal chests. The catch is: you must replace all blocks broken before leaving. If you don't think you can successfully raid someone and replace the blocks, then don't raid. If the owner of a base kills you during a raid, and you are no longer able to get back and repair the base, an admin will expect the owner to repair the minor damages. If the damage is extensive (read above), then the raider will be punished, and a member of staff will roll-back changes to the base to repair it.
2) PvP Guidelines:PvP and competitive play are encouraged here. However, there are certain stipulations involved with this.
Spawn killing and spawn camping (waiting for a player to leave spawn) is strictly prohibited. Please move at least 300 blocks from spawn before engaging in PvP.
Furthermore, pointlessly killing other players, when you have no real gain from it (ex: fully armored player killing a new player), is frowned upon. If this is done in excess, punishment will be the end result. Use your head --- if killing someone doesn't benefit you, don't do it.
3) Language:We're all adults (or close to it) here, so an occasional curse is fine. What is not fine, however, is a long string of profanity. Keep swearing to a minimum.Furthermore, any sexist or racist remarks, even in a joking context, will result in punishment of the message sender; we do not tolerate that sort of thing here.
4) Player Structures:We expect all player-built structures to look decent. Not everyone is an artist, but we believe that everyone here is capable of more than just a dirt box. If you are starting out with minimal resources, a dirt hut is fine; just make sure to tear it down when you've established yourself.
Also, no matter how nice (subjective) a structure looks, we don't want to see any offensive structures, such as hate symbols, or inappropriate parts of human anatomy. Common sense is all that is required to avoid this folly.
5) Nuclear Reactors:Nuclear reactors need to be approved by staff before you place them. A safe reactor (Mark I), can be placed anywhere. The more meltdown-prone reactors need to be a good distance away from someone else's land. If you make it a habit to explode your reactors, we will take your ability to craft and place them. You will be able to use them again when you prove yourself capable of keeping them from decimating the earth.
6) Client-side Modifications:
Of course we allow them; the ones required to connect to the server. The client-side mods we don't allow are those that give you an unfair advantage such as X-Ray. Using them will get you banned, permanently. Mini-maps are allowed, as long as they don't reveal ores, bases, or player locations.
7) Requesting a Staff Position:Do not ask for OP or a related position. If we want you on the team, we'll contact you; don't contact us.
8) Inappropriate Requests to Staff:We will not spawn items for you, change the weather, kill another player, fix your base if you yourself damaged it, change the time of day, or heal you. Don't ask for any of these.
Required Mods / Steps to Connection:[ For those who don't know how to install Minecraft mods, . ]We are running Minecraft version 1.2.3 while we wait for the modifications to update. To connect to our servers, you will need to install, in the order listed, the following modifications:
1) MCNostalgia: This will roll your Minecraft client back to a previous version. You need to revert back to version 1.2.3 before playing.
4) Delete the "META-INF" folder from within minecraft.jar
5) Run Minecraft once, then close.
6) Drop the following archives into the new "mods" folder within your .minecraft folder:
7) Get whitelisted (see below).
Whitelist Application:Reply to this thread with the following information:
In-Game Name:Age:Experience with Minecraft:Previous Bans? (List reasons):Why do you want to be whitelisted?Congratulations! You're one of the few whose attention span makes them capable of making it this far!
Server IP: 126.96.36.199
Donate:We always appreciate any financial support a player can lend. Different amounts give you different ranks with certain perks. All prices are USD.
$5 Iron:A small amount of protected storage and access to 2 machines connected to a very high energy output.
$15 Gold:A moderate amount of protected storage and access to more machines connected to a very high energy output.
$40 Diamond:Maximum protected storage and maximum machines connected to a very high energy output.
Nov 7, 2011
Ever thought farming was getting boring? Have you tried other farming mods and didn't like them? Then this mod is for you!
FloraCraft adds many new flowers, crops, food and much more to your Minecraft game!
FloraCraft Requires ModLoader!
Please visit the website for all news and downloads! https://sites.google.com/site/minecraftfloracraft/
This document is Copyright ©(2011) and is the intellectual property of the author (nerdyturtle modding team). It may not be reproduced under any circumstances except for personal, private use as long as it remains in its unaltered, unedited form. It may not be placed on any web site or otherwise distributed publicly without permission of the author (nerdyturtle modding team). Use of this mod on any other website is strictly prohibited, and a violation of copyright.
If you support this mod please click the + in the bottom corner! Thank you!
- To post a comment, please login.