- Curse Premium
Member for 8 years, 3 months, and 29 days
Last active Thu, Mar, 23 2017 15:36:04
- 0 Followers
- 749 Total Posts
- 322 Thanks
Oct 9, 2014Posted in: Discussion
Okay, let me clarify a couple things to you:
1. I'm a hardcore player. I only ever play hardcore and I don't use any mods that grant me items or alter my inventory. So getting bones only happens after a day or so, and those are generally saved for important things. Things like wolves.
2. Depending on where you spawn, there may or may not be any mushrooms. So by the time a player finds mushrooms, they already have a farm of some sort up and running. Not only will the farm they have up yield more food at a faster rate, it will cost absolutely nothing. So no reason to use bones to get a mushroom grown. This is why the first thing I look for are chickens, since they're the best food source.
So seeing how mushrooms weren't an option before their spread nerf, I, as a hardcore player, don't see why they would be nerfed. If you aren't playing in hardcore, it's easy to cheat items into your inventory. Even in hardcore it is possible to use TMI to get items. So why nerf something if players can just cheat it in?
This makes me wonder if you play anything besides creative. Think about why people would complain about something before you question what we do.
Edit: You should also note that it is likely for players to use the various world settings, like Large Biomes, Amplified, and the new Custom. Large Biomes puts a great distance between the player and the biomes with mushrooms, and Amplified at least makes it much harder to traverse the distance. Another reason mushrooms are weak.
1. Bows and arrows are a thing. And don't you go saying something about having to get string for that. If you are as much of an elite hardcore player who is better than all of us who "only play creative mode" as you seem to think you are, then killing three or four spiders should be easy for you. Plus, those important wolves you tamed can be used to kill skeletons.
2. As for your entirely valid point that not all biomes have mushrooms easily available, I have only one question: Increasing the spread rate would solve this how? If they are that far away, they won't keep spreading anyway because they'll be in unloaded chunks. Same thing for the problem you bring up your edit.
Are mushrooms a great food source? No. Are they a terrible, overly nerfed food source? Also no.
p.s. Being a hardcore player doesn't make you superior, and it doesn't mean everyone else only plays creative mode and doesn't think things through. I did consider hardcore players and I came to the conclusion that bows and arrows, along with wolves, would make it perfectly feasible to get bones for a mushroom farm.
Oct 6, 2014You people do remember giant mushrooms, right? Seriously, its not hard to find/create someplace hidden from the sunlight/moonlight, get a couple of mushrooms, plant them, and grow them into giant mushrooms. Then, it's just a simple matter of chopping them down and repeating until you have a good stock of mushrooms for stew/decoration/fermented spider eyes/whatever.Posted in: Discussion
Sometimes I wonder if you people even think through what you complain about before you actually start complaining.
Oct 3, 2014How about you actually do some research before calling something a bug?Posted in: Recent Updates and Snapshots
Oct 3, 2014I'm not even going to bother posting the image, but I got 6% Noob. I would get 0% Noob if it weren't for one question (I retook the test after words and changed the question to the answer I thought they counted as 'correct' and that gave me a 0% rating). What was this question? "Which version did you get Minecraft?" of course. This question is a bit of a stupid choice for this quiz. Just because I got minecraft in 1.0.0 (Because that was the official release; I don't make a habit of getting games that are still in beta), my score was made to be 6% Noob. Yeah, no.Posted in: Discussion
Aug 28, 2014Thanks.Posted in: WIP Resource Pack
Edit: Working fine now.
Aug 28, 2014There seems to be something going on with Curse, so I can't upload a new version quite yet, but here is a picture of the updated dirt and saplings that will be in the next version.Posted in: WIP Resource Pack
Aug 27, 2014Posted in: WIP Resource Pack
Thnaks for the feedback and the link. I may do that at some point.
Thanks for the feedback. Any textures in particular that you think I should start with? I'd like to start with the ones that are major issues first.
Thanks, I'm glad the spiders are scary. Though, I must admit that the sheep are placeholders that I forgot to remove. They'll be updated in the next version.
Aug 27, 2014Posted in: Recent Updates and Snapshots
When the forum itself has a link to the main, up-to-date Minecraft wiki, that excuse holds about as much water as a cup without a bottom.
Aug 26, 2014Posted in: WIP Resource PackA 32x pack that has nothing to do with Attila.Hunncraft originally started out as my personal pack, but after several people requesting it I have decided to put it up for download. Of course, you aren't here to listen to me ramble, so here are some...Screenshots
Stone and ores. Note the alternate stone textures using 1.8 features:
Stone building blocks, including the new -ite stones:
Dirt, grass, podzol and such:
Logs, wooden planks, leaves, and saplings:
Sand, Sandstone, and the clays:
Ocean Monument blocks: Glass and wool:
Chests, workbench, etc:
A menagerie of Mobs:DownloadCreditsCredits to Mojang for the original vanilla textures, a few of which may still be lurking around within the depths of the pack somewhere.
You cannot reuse content from this pack in other packs
You cannot re-distribute this content
You can write reviews with Screenshots as long as you give proper credit and link back to this thread
You can Make videos using this content as long as you give proper credit and link back to this thread
Aug 22, 2014The section you're looking for is the Fan Art Literature section:Posted in: Discussion
Aug 22, 2014The fact that people with custom skins sometimes have the three wide arms is a bug.Posted in: Recent Updates and Snapshots
- To post a comment, please login.