A lot has changed over the years. We, the staff, have been discussing changes for the forum for a while now. We have many changes and a list of things we would love changed on the forum but require a bit more work than just a flip of a switch or a line changed in the backend code. For now, we'd like to start off with something that will get the ball moving to prepare for future changes.
It's no secret that we are extremely strict, and going forward we'd like to ease up and foster a better relationship between moderation and members. So for starters, I'll list a few things that are in discussion.
- Reviewing our stance on Profanity.
- Bumping as a whole and especially in the Server Section specifically.
- Removing Section Rules and just expanding the General Rules
We'd love to hear your feedback and will be taking everyone's opinions and suggestions into consideration. We'd love to discuss everyone's thoughts on what needs adjusting, what people think should be removed, or even if there is something members would like added to the rules going forward.
I'd like to add information and add points which you all have been making. I may not have everyone's exact wording but a lot of suggestions were similar. Those have been combined and are as followed as below:
- Only allow server owners to share their server once every X amount of days.
- Require server owners to use offsite applications or private messages instead of forum thread replies to put “popular” threads on the same level as “new/unpopular” threads who do not bump/have responses to keep the thread active on the front page.
- Review bumping in the server section. Possibly loosen up what is or isn’t considered a “significant” update.
- Allow forum server owners to bump their thread once every X amount of day/s.
- Ease up, but not outright remove.
- Clarify openly about what is and isn’t allowed.
- Allow self censoring.