--UPDATE (scroll down for TL;DR)--
Hello all! Sorry I totally shut down for a long while, life got too busy for me.
But now I have graduated from highschool and I have a lot more free time before college! Right now I'll finally start working on the thirteen commissions I've yet to fill! It's probably actually gonna be a rather slow process as I'm not sure how much time I'll dedicate it, in addition to a couple of the commissions being RATHER difficult. While I still intend to do them, they just seem very intimidating so looking at them makes me put them off without so much as a started attempt.
While I would love to just do all the commissions in the order they were requested, it would be better for me to try and get as many skins done in as short a timespan as I can. I will therefore be doing them in order of difficulty so that one particularly difficult skin commission submitted does not stop me in my tracks as before.
Here is the (general) order I'll be filling in commissions:
1) update to 1.8 format (shouldn't take long)
2) enhancements / skin-fusions (a little longer, depending on difficulty)
3) entirely new skins from reference images (probably two to four days for each skin AFTER I've officially started it)
AS FOR NEW COMMISSIONS:
Please do not submit any more commissions until the thread title indicates that I am back in the game ready for new requests! I really wanna get this backlog started and cleared without adding onto the already long list.
Also, as much of a train wreck as I made of the situation, completely stopping my work for several months (really sorry about that ), I may begin charging for skins in proportion to the actual amount of worktime I spend on them as well as a buffer of how difficult the actual commission should be based mostly on it's request type - 1.8-update, enhancement / skin merge, or a new skin from reference images (my fav ). I've got a couple multi-skin commissions as just enhancements or 1.8-updates in large number; those - IF they were not SAFELY IN MY BACKLOG FREE OF CHARGE - would be charged on a per-skin basis as separate orders.
Here is how - AFTER MY BACKLOG - things will work IF I start charging for skins:
1) the commission is sent
2) I will find my own time to work on the skin
3) After I have finished the skin OR when I need extra information, I will pm you that your skin is done and how much the cost is as well as a PREVIEW SCREENSHOT of the skin's front and back as a picture of a 3D model
4) You will pm me back, acknowledging the order and confirming that you are happy with and still want the skin WITH the provided cost OR you will work with me on tweaks you want to your skin before doing so. And if you don't want the skin, that's cool, I simply won't charge for it and won't upload it - no hard feelings!
5) Once you confirm that you are ready to pay for the skin, I will pm you the info for how to pay me
6) You will forward the payment
7) Upon confirming the payment, I will pm you the .png for your skin
I know the above info is REALLY INTIMIDATING (even I am a little overwhelmed) but although I know there is a very good community out there, I don't want to take the chance of someone receiving a skin and refusing to pay for it in order to get a free skin that they "are not happy with" but use anyway. I've never worked with online payment with people before, so I wanna be safe about it.
Keep in mind this is all HYPOTHETICAL - mostly it's to keep me from rapidly forming a backlog as commissions rapidly flood in.
In regard to the expected costs of each skin, I'll be updating the thread's head post with that info once I finish this thirteen-commission backlog and figure out how much I should be charging.
RECAP / TL;DR: Gonna fill my backlog, gonna take a while. How long? No idea, sorry. Gonna all be free of charge. And if after this length of time, you don't want the skin I've made for you, that's cool! Don't worry at all about work I've put into it only for you to not use it - I just want you to be happy!
AFTER I FINISH MY BACKLOG I will update on whether I'm gonna start charging for skin commissions that have not been submitted prior to this post. Happy Minecrafting!