Designed for monster/player defense and fortification!
News: The Fortress 1.5 is out, PvP map is patchedand will be upgraded soon!
Note: I am still looking for reviews and video play throughs, it will be posted in the review section of this post with full credit! I will update after an official release only, snapshots help me plan ahead but I am not planning to have snapshot updates. All my maps will be 100% vanilla minecraft and will be updated as needed. I will continue to support anything I release until further notice. Please report all issues here or in a PM to me. Suggestions are always welcome. Thank you.
World Save: 1.5 version here!
just unpack it and put the folder in your C:/*username*/appdata/roaming/.minecraft/saves folder (where *username* is your username for that computer)
(this might be different on some computers, if in doubt, go to run and type: *appdata* then go to roaming then .minecraft then saves)
Seed is: 4376229718753038807
Current version here!
You will need MCEdit to import it!
(biome edits will not apply, please change the biome the fortress is on to mushroom island, and the spawner dungeon to swamp for slime spawning)
I really love what disco_ and Sethbling have done with PvP maps and I wanted to create my own. These are still works in progress, but I've had some fun with it. Let me know what you think!
Attack/Defend Map (being reworked)
The attacking team has 60 minutes to destroy an ender crystal and activate a detonator located in the center of the Fortress. Defenders are pretty much restricted to the Fortress, and are given less equipment, but have defensive traps to help them. Enjoy!
1.5 will be a huge update for this map, I can't wait to get some of these features implemented! I've done a quick update and hope to revise many aspects of this map. Since this isn't really a PvP map in the traditional sense, I wanted to change the name and make it feel like a different type of game. I will also add new game types.
I plan to:
- Add teams; red (herobrine's forces) and blue (Mojang's Army)
- Disable pvp against teammates
- Add a reason for defenders to stay in The Fortress (maybe beacon effect?)
- Scoreboard feature (maybe add a shop system)
Capture the Flag (coming soon!)
Players will need to collect a "flag" and bring it back to their spawn in order to score. First one to 5 flags wins! This will be all done with redstone.
King of the Hill (coming soon!)
The map will have one or more points to capture. Holding this point for the required amount of time will result in the capturing team winning. Leaving no players on the point resets the time.
PvP Map (coming soon!)
This will be a mirrored map where lives will count. Each player will likely get 3 lives, after which they will be removed from the arena.
Adventure Map (Coming Soon):
I'm still ironing out a lot of details with the adventure map, so this section is subject to change, a lot.
This map will be open world, with books and command blocks to help you follow the main quest or side quests and give background information. Books will be available to record your quests. This map will use many redstone mechanics and editors to make it feel like a seamless story line. This map will be fully supported and once released will be added to and fixed semi-regularly. I am using Sethbling and Hypixel's designs to create a lot of it, so I hope to have a very professional looking map in the end. I will not release it until it is properly playable.
Ages ago, there existed 3 races. The Pigmen, an industrious race who mined valuable ores and constructed strongholds deep in the ground, the Minecraftians, a nomadic race that could change the land to fit their will, and Testificates, a peaceful agricultural race. The Pigmen taught redstone engineering and many sciences to the other races, the Minecraftian people taught terraforming, and the Testificates taught farming. Wild creatures; spiders, creepers and endermen, all feared an encounter with these great races. An alliance was forged. These were great times, until one of the Pigmen strongholds found a way to travel to other dimensions.
A portal to the nether was opened, and soon another to the end. The nether portal unleashed a great evil. The nether was a prison, a hell, made for Lord Herobrine. The Great Mojangians forged it in the beginning of time to keep the great races safe. Lord Herobrine escaped into the overworld. He gathered the monsters, created an army of them to destory the alliance. The Pigmen were overrun. The Minecraftian were the first to the fight. It was then that Herobrine made a pact with the Ender Dragon, lord of the end and with the Wither, the messenger of death. They formed a confederacy. They pooled their powers to create the infection. The Pigmen fell first, the Wither reaping their souls or infecting them. Soon after, Herobrine infected the Minecraftians, turning them into zombies. He raised the dead too. Skeletons began to fight for the Confederacy. The Testificates, being a peaceful race, could only build a golem army to help fight the war.
Within a few years, the Pigmen were destroyed or enslaved entirely, the Minecraftians were infected or fell back into a few key strongholds, and the Testificates returned to a simple farming life, giving up all hope of winning...
You are part of the once great Minecraftian race. You have fought the war for many years with your squad. After a recent battle killed most of your men, you are called back to The Fortress. One of the last Minecraftian strongholds. Here you will heal, get your new orders and your adventure will begin...
I do not plan to have any rules for this adventure map except do not break redstone, as it will likely ruin the map's features.
Download it here!
This is an old map that is more of a short super hostile map. Relight the beacon to win!
- Redstone Update!
- Added togglable potion of mining fatigue
- Fixed nether portal design
- Pictures updated!
- Redone cannons added!
- Fixed automatic nether portal to have infinite uses
- (PvP) updated terrain to make it more of a fight
- (PvP) better balanced teams and added team color armor
- (Adventure) took the old map and updated it slightly, still going to do the remake
- (PvP) fixed redstone counter and re-balanced teams, now working as intended!
- Released PvP map!
- Infinite arrows!
- Fixed use of ice blocks and ender pearls against the Fortress
- Fixed chunk errors in nether and end!
- Updated Story
- Fixed Portal Room
- Secured General's Office (panic room)
- Added Mining Fatigue potion spawners, adding the effect aimed for with the command block changing you to adventure mode
- Changed command block to remove buckets of water, to prevent filling in lava
- Fixed portal system, now it is impossible to open a portal into The Fortress
- Edited the research outpost to more accurately portray it's intent
- Fixed the ship of the line's anchor issue and some lighting bugs
- Changed NBT info to allow for intended feel for the world
- Changes all files to .zip format
- Deleted unedited chunks, now changes to map generation are VERY unlikely to break the map, making updates easier on everyone
- Cleaned up terrain
- Added pvp and zombie fight grounds
- Updated chests
- Fixed nether portal off switch
- Redone barracks to include training grounds (suggested by the_map_searchers)
- Removed OP enchanted tools/armor from outside of the Fortress
- Fixed dungeon for proper spawning
- Fixed typos in signs and books
- Added flares!
- Enchanting books added near forge
- Updated for 1.4.6
- Fixed snowmen making a mess
- Reinforced outer walls
- Door Seals and lava force fields
- Added XP spawners
- Added trap door over end portal
- Nether Portal can be turned on and off with buttons!
- fixed doors to be more secure
- Updated chest and put like things together
- Fixed some symmetry and added more light
- Fixed dungeon spawners
- Changed Biome to allow slime spawning and to keep hostile mobs from spawning if lights are removed!
- Changed outer perimeter to be more secure
- Added lava flow door trap
- Changed all links to mediafire
- Fixed TNT coverage
- Fixed redstone bugs
- Added villagers to the ship
- Added custom tools, weapons and armor
- Fixed a bug in the file save, all enchanted items should not show any damage after use
- Added snowmen defenders!
- Updated contents of most chests
- Changed portal room set up
- Changed the hallway trap to iron blocks so it's harder to escape
- Updated for 1.4 items behaviors and npcs!
- Bug fixes for redstone defenses
- Changed to .ZIP file format to make life easier on everyone
- Added Mooshroom spawner under cow spawner
- Added books with a back story, part of the upcoming adventure map!
- Added ender chests and End portal (check the dungeon)
- Added Snow Golem spawners for extra defenses!
- Updated to 1.3
- Fixed Poseidon's Hallway Trap not opening properly
- Fixed lighting to prevent hostile mob spawning
- Added a Dungeon with a manual mob grinder/exp farm
- Removed Snowmen spawner as it was making a mess
- Added fences to hold animals in and prevent them from getting in the way or killing each other
- Fixed doors and farming issues
- Added Poseidon's Hallway trap
- Added new spawners
- Added farms in the Fortress Core
- Added Iron Golem Defenses
- Added Jungle Tree
- Ocelots and Wolves now spawn properly
- Added breeding materials
- Added a mess hall
- Added barracks
- Add an armory
- Added an infirmary
- Updated to 1.2
- Fixed doors and door bugs
- Added new items to chests, and expanded storage areas
- Added other buildings, and ships (more coming as I build it)
- Added Iron Golem guards to the inner walls and outer trench.
- Added library and Chemistry lab
- Major lag fix, all redstone pulse generators are turned off to start and will work properly, reducing lag and noise! They can be turned on and left on when exiting the game now, no more redstone crashes from reloading saves!
- Updated to 1.1
- TNT cannons will now fire outside the fortress walls (you can use the repeaters and amount of TNT in chamber to adjust when the TNT will explode.)
- Using beds will no longer get you stuck.
- Removed pressure pads above entrance
- Added automatic fire and manual fire options to the dispensers
- Fixed most of the redstone bugs I, and other people, noticed
- Fixed typos on some signs
Great map review, topic is here: http://www.minecraft...e-and-detailed/
'The Fortress' - Review By Lavawall565
Rating: No rating (Creation)
Titles: - Best overall map.- A Lavawall recommended map
Terrain:9 Beautifully symmetrical, but also included a (pirate?) ship and houses you obviously put hours of work into this.
Content:7 Very good, the actual fortress was well laid out. However there were some notable issues one being that the inside of the fortress lacked detail and was bleak. Another minor thing if the play wanted to do any significant bombardment with the TNT cannons, then they were out of luck, the range is notably too small.
Blurb:Fantastic creation again, you obviously put a ton of work into this. The only notable mistakes are the range of the TNT cannons and the lack of detail. Other than that the fortress was a huge, menacing building that made anything the player had made look like a dirt shack.
Quote from Ark20000
This is really cool. Id give it 8.5 out of ten because it does get a little bit boring because it's SO EASY TO DEFEND! Really cool exploring it and awesome map!
Quote from Nonsensical_Tangerine8/10: Builds great builds, but the fortress was a bit confusing as it was all the same, dark colour. 8/10: Fun I couldn't play this with someone else, but I could well imagine this being great fun. 10/10: Redstone/MCEdit Great use of MCEdit filters with mining fatigue potion spawners. Overall: 26/30
My play-through will be coming eventually, and feel free to submit your own reviews. All suggestions and criticism will be helpful in improving!
- Buckets of water can be used to fill in the lava lake (need permanent fix, but added quick-fix)
- (PvP) adding teams and possibly potion effects for teams in certain areas (control nodes)
- More traps
- Better security
- New buildings, ships, etc.
(feel free to send me schematics of things I should include!)
- More useful innovations (suggestions welcome)
- Adventure map! (working on it currently!)
How the Community can Help:
What I want you guys to do is tell me how you broke in, what needs fixing, and how can I improve it!
Adventure map ideas and suggestions!
Feel free to use this world and schematic for anything you'd like, and if you change it up, repost it! I would love to see it!
Spread the word! I'd love to get this post around!
Also, submit a .schematic file (or world save) to me and your design might be added to The Fortress map! (Credit will be given on this page and on the map.)
oragamihawk's version can be found here
Submit your variation of any or my projects to me and I'll feature it here, I love seeing how others approch these design challenges.
Special Thanks to:
Too Many Items
Looks lovely with Misa's 64x64 Texture Pack or Faithful 32x32 Texture Pack
(Most texture packs require MCPatcher)
Disco's OCD Texture Pack is great for those with slower computers! (no need for MCPatcher)
Without these mods and tools, I would have never gotten this done!
All comments, questions and suggestions welcome!
Thank you to all who have helped with suggestions, ideas or encouragement
-assassinof1337 of the Union for Tech Development for the TNT cannon design
-Kinniken of the Millénaire Mod for the hotel (slightly reworked)
-jrugerstein with his work on the ship of the line
-The Fortress, Research Outpost, and Fort were done completely by me.
-The Lighthouse was built by me, based off a tutorial found on youtube with color and design suggestions from rodabon (great guy)
Inspiration for my redstone designs and my buildings came mostly from Ethos, Sethbling (thanks also for his MCedit filters), Hypixel (amazing maps and redstone usage), disco_ and Captain Sparklez
Awesome signature thanks to whebzy