A city I've been working on since MCPE alpha, what do you think?
- Registered Member
Member for 8 years, 4 months, and 2 days
Last active Fri, Nov, 29 2019 13:45:33
- 14 Followers
- 570 Total Posts
- 196 Thanks
Jun 12, 2019Posted in: MCPE: Maps
So, it's been a good amount of time since I teased the release of the new update (which has no concrete date as of now), but I can say what is to be included. Let me know if you want pictures!
First off, the geography of Mine York has changed drastically. Nether Island and Lapis Island are now a single island and constitute it's own borough, now called The Nether.
A new borough now exists, named Kings, which is based off of Queens.
The Nether is rebuilt, especially the area formerly known as Lapis Island. The previous buildings no longer exist save for the school.
The Fence Gate Bridge connecting the former Lapis Island and Ender Island has been destroyed to accommodate a new highway that connects The Nether, Minehattan, Ender Island, Notch City and Blocker via the Nether-Blockstone Bridge.
The Nether-Blockstone Bridge has been rebuilt, now based on the real life Bronx-Whitestone Bridge.
The JackFrost Bridge, which connects Uptown Minehattan to Notch City, has been rebuilt. It is now based on the George Washington Bridge.
A new bridge now connects Blocker and Ender Island south of Minehattan, based on the Verrazzano-Narrows Bridge.
A new bridge now connects Blocker and Kings, situated above the tunnel (that was previously a road to nowhere). This bridge is based on the Ed Koch Queensboro Bridge.
A new bridge now connects Kings and the Mesa biome that is currently named as territory of the National Republic of Minecraft. This bridge is based on the RFK/Triborough Bridge.
A new highway has been constructed, stretching from the Nether-Blockstone Bridge in The Nether, crossing Minehattan, reaching Notch City, and eventually making it's way to Kings.
JFR International Airport in Blocker has been destroyed. In it's place is a new airport (which continues the JFR name, now officially lengthened to Jack F. Roberts International Airport, fictional of course) that is larger, more organized, and bears a striking resemblance to Terminal 4 at JFK in Queens. This airport has been moved from Blocker to Kings. New highways facilitate transportation.
A new central business district has been constructed in Blocker taking the place of the former airport. This effectively expands Downtown Blocker tremendously, making it much closer to modern Downtown Brooklyn.
McDonald's Center in Downtown Brooklyn has been completely changed to be more accessible and realistic.
A new central business district has been constructed in Kings, named Small Island City. This is based off of Long Island City in Queens.
The MYC Subway system has been expanded once again, bringing the station total to 31.
The railway station in Notch City has been replaced with a new transportation center.
The historical district of Crawford on the outer rim of Notch City has been made according to the history of Mine York; as such, here are highly simplistic structures reminiscent of the first few versions of Mine York.
The Rochelle Gabriel Subsidized Housing Complex has been constructed north of Mine York, a trio of identical modern apartment buildings.
The City of Blockstone is being constructed north of The Nether where the Six Craft Amusement Park once stood.
Six Craft Amusement Park has been moved to a location closer to Enderdelphia (not complete).
Highways have been demolished and moved in Blocker to allow for new buildings and neighborhoods.
Minehattan has been given a new hospital complex; the MineYork-Presbyterian Hospital, affiliated with Bergensten University and MYU (to be built; suggestions for locations are welcome! Bergensten will be based off of Columbia and MYU on NYU, the university I attend).
The highway circling Minehattan has been moved underground and continues to operate as a tunnel.
Daily Square (Times Square) has been completely reconstructed to appear more modern and more like the real area. It is also connected to the rest of Midtown Minehattan more seamlessly due to Highway 1 being pushed underground.
Times Square now includes an MYC Subway station.
Storefronts along 5th Avenue are now updated and reflect real locations and businesses, which now include (but are not limited to)
- Louis Vuitton
- Bottega Veneta
- Dolce & Gabbana
- Saks Fifth Avenue
- The North Face
- Lululemon Athletica
- Brooks Brothers
- Canada Goose
More stores are located around Minehattan and throughout the five boroughs.
New skyscrapers based on New York structures have been built around Mine York, including
- 225 West 57th Street, Central Park Tower (now the tallest in Mine York by roof height)
- 626 1st Avenue, American Copper Buildings (with their distinctive skybridge included)
- 111 West 57th Street, Steinway Tower, the third tallest building in Mine York (as well as the skinniest, like in New York)
- 30, 50, and 75 Rockefeller Center, with 30 Rockefeller/Comcast Building being rebuilt to increase width and height.
- 725 5th Avenue, Trump Tower, being rebuilt to increase width, length and height, as well as specifically modifying the lobby to include the Gucci store.
- 601 Lexington Avenue, Citigroup Center, is moved to a more central location and modified to appear more like the original, as well as increasing it's size.
- 20 West 34th Street, Empire State Building, moved to a more central location and completely rebuilt to appear as the original. A small park now exists in the original spot north of 2 World Trade Center, which was one of the first buildings constructed in Mine York.
- 405 Lexington Avenue, Chrysler Building, moved west next to Center Park and lengthened in height.
- 89 East 42nd Street, Grand Central Terminal, moved to the east side of Midtown Minehattan and new railroad tunnels leading north to Notch City and southeast to Kings and beyond have been constructed, completely independent of the MYC Subway system. The building itself has been modified substantially to appear more like the real structure.
- 200 Park Avenue, Metlife Building, constructed once again in Mine York above Grand Central when I read an online comment that desired the building again, so here it is!
- 30 West 57th Street, Hearst Tower, back again taller, more refined and with stained glass instead of ice.
- 1 Vanderbilt Avenue, One Vanderbilt, a new addition to both the Mine York and New York skyline that rises to be the fifth tallest building in Mine York.
- 30 Hudson Yards, with it's distinctive triangular observation deck.
- 53 West 53rd Street, 53W53 or MoMA Expansion Tower, rebuilt, moved and renovated to appear more like the real tower. A new subway station, 7th Street/Grand Central includes an entrance in this building.
- 9 West 57th Street, Solow Building, probably most known for being the supposed setting of Chandler Bing's workplace in the well-known sitcom Friends.
- 1095 Avenue of the Americas, Salesforce Tower, new to Mine York and situated next to 30 Rockefeller Plaza.
- 14-23 44th Drive, Long Island City, Court Square View Tower, the tallest buildings in Kings and the tallest skyscraper in Mine York outside of Minehattan.
- One Court Square, Long Island City, Citgroup Building, the second tallest building in Mine York outside of Minehattan. Moved to Kings from Blocker (was previously the tallest building in Blocker) to make it more realistic).
- 11 Hoyt Street, a new condominium in both Downtown Brooklyn and Downtown Blocker.
Much has been completed, stay tuned for updates!
May 20, 2018Posted in: MCPE: Maps
Don't worry: I am still continuing development of the world!
As a matter of fact, I moved back to MYC for a time to continue improvements. This time, the renovations to the MYC Subway are complete! Every single station is up and running, and to go along with the new subway system, a new map was created to replace the old one. Tell me what you all think!
Jan 11, 2018Posted in: MCPE: Maps
Already working on the next update! A new airport has been completed in Enderdelphia, making it the first major airport completed in the NRM outside of Mine York. Therefore, command blocks now provide instantaneous travel from JFR International Airport to Enderdelphia International Airport, or EHL. Two more airports are going to be completed; one servicing Notch City and the Mine York metropolitan area, and another servicing the city of Minecago. When completed, all of these airports will have command blocks allowing instantaneous travel (of course, the National Highway System will still be able to provide walking transportation between cities. This map is truly becoming a world.
Jan 11, 2018Posted in: MCPE: Maps
There's just one issue with the mcworld file. The format is a little wrong. To create an mcworld you need to open the world folder, select all files in the folder, compress them to a zip file and rename the zip file e.g. world.mcworld
I've fixed it in the meanwhile for the mcworld file, but please provide a new link when you can so that we can use your desired links.
Okay, thank you for letting me know, I'll certainly fix that soon!
Edit: The links should work correctly now. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!
Jan 8, 2018Posted in: MCPE: Maps
The new update is out! Check the download links to see if they work.
Everything to be known about the map is on the main thread. The map will be exclusive on the MCForum for a couple of days before it appears on other websites and mobile apps, since it seems not many people (including me) come back here very often. Quite sad.
Comment what you think of the new update!
Nov 4, 2017Posted in: MCPE: Maps
When should I update the map?
I'm thinking very soon...
Major inclusions are Notch City (redone and complete), a few buildings added in Blocker, a completely redone Ender Island and Nether Island, more buildings in Minehattan, more highways completed and expanded, Newport is being expanded, Subway is in the process of being completely redone, bridges changed to add more detail, stained glass added to many buildings (for example, the building based on One World Trade Center is now blue), Alien of Minecraft replaced with a much more detailed Creeper of Minecraft, more buildings and roads added in Minecago, and the inclusion of a new city where a village used to be, based on Philadelphia (new news)! More to follow.
Aug 14, 2017Posted in: MCPE: Maps
Yes, I plan for the next release (sometime this month) to be packaged in the .mcworld format.
In other news. I just updated the picture on the main post to showcase some of the new changes!
May 14, 2017Posted in: MCPE: Maps
So far, work on MYC has included:
- Nether Island has completely changed
- New Subway station added near the CTY-City Housing Projects in Nether Island
- Some Subway Stations have been updated
- Some new skyscrapers have been created in Minehattan
- Some skyscrapers have been heighened to take advantage of the new height block limit; this is the reason why One International Crafting Center (based off of One World Trade Center) looks more pronounced and now stands as the tallest building in the National Republic of Minecraft.
- The buildings above Highway 1 in Minehattan near Daily Square have been razed and replaced
- Some new stores, businesses and restaurants now occupy the ground level floors of high rises in Minehattan.
- A hospital is under construction in Minehattan
- Two of the major tunnels connecting Minehattan to Lapis Island and Blocker have been replaced with more modern tunnels
- Two of the major bridges in Mine York have been reconstructed to be taller, more useful and more efficient, now connecting to the highway system.
- Downtown Notch City has been completed.
- The Redstone Museum in Notch City has been completed.
- Highways have now been added, formally connecting Highway 10 (which exits MYC north across the JackFrostMiner Bridge) to Downtown Notch City and beyond
- The intersection between Highways 10 and 15 right outside of JackFrostMiner Bridge has been changed to be more efficient.
- Newport, a 5 minute walk from MYC on Highway 10, has been slightly changed.
- A minecart rail has been created, connecting Notch City to Newport (and thus creating minecart access to Newport from MYC).
- New building additions to Minecago, a city about a 15 - 20 minute walk from MYC utilizing Highway 10.
- Numerous small additions utilizing redstone technology like pistons, solar panels and repeaters
- Ender Island is undergoing a major redevelopment project, with most of the land going to be used for a new university - Mine York University, or MYU.
Stay tuned for more!
May 14, 2017Posted in: MCPE: Maps
That's a good idea, maybe I'll place an American Football stadium near Notch City since Metlife Stadium is in East Rutherford, NJ. As for a Citi Field location, not sure where I could place it.
- To post a comment, please login.