- Registered Member
Member for 8 years, 6 months, and 15 days
Last active Sun, Sep, 20 2015 01:32:38
- 0 Followers
- 8 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Jun 21, 2011Posted in: Redstone Discussion and MechanismsQuote from PapaSmurf
Every exterior door to my house as a pressure plate on the inside. That way if a mob is chasing me and I run in to hide the door automatically closes behind me. Super practical and easy to do.
Also, I have a pair of arrow dispensers connected to an AND gate, which connects to a switch and a 4 clock just outside my house to take care wall-hugging mobs.
Jun 20, 2011Posted in: DiscussionQuote from The_Battousai
Quoting online dictionaries will get you nowhere precisely due to the very purpose of a dictionary: to catalog the common usage of different words. No matter what the accurate terminology is, there will always be some people using the word in an incorrect manner as the result of disseminated misinformation. Once it becomes common enough (or is used in the national media), this can easily become part of the dictionary definition. For the purpose of discussion, this is a pretty useless source.
My entire point was that whether atheism is a religion or not comes down to personal preference. Each person will have their own definitions of both religion and atheism.
My post was in response to the people trying to claim their own definition is the only one, telling other people they are wrong for not having the same preferences. Quoting those dictionary definitions was to point out that there are other definitions out there, ones which could not be outright dismissed as wrong.
Jun 18, 2011Posted in: DiscussionQuote from Govna
Lies, I'm atheist and I disagree. It is not a religion. It is not a system of shared beliefs, nor does it have some sort of hierarchy, where the higher up you go the more wise you are considered.
The problem is that you have your own definition of religion and atheism, and you are trying to enforce those definitions on other people.
According to the Oxford dictionary, religion is defined as:
- The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power , especially a personal God or gods:ideas about the relationship between science and religion.
- A particular system of faith and worship:the world's great religions.
- A pursuit or interest followed with great devotion:consumerism is the new religion.
To which for many people the third can be applied to atheism.
The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines religion as:
- a) The state of a religious . :cool.gif: i: The service and worship of God or the supernatural. ii: Commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance.
- A personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices.
- A cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith.
Again, the third definition can be applied to atheism.
(FYI, I am an atheist.)
May 26, 2011In my SMP server properties, when I set the view-distance property to 5 (to try to cut down on network traffic) and craft a map in game, it freezes the server at 100% CPU.Posted in: Survival Mode
Has anyone else had this problem?
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.