- updated for MC 1.19
- updated for MC 1.18
- fix server log being spammed with lit cave air resource error message (harmless but annoying)
- updated to MC 1.17 and using the official source mappings
- otherwise, this is the same as 1.16.5
- rewritten to work with MC 1.16.5
- the mod now uses fake air and water blocks to achieve light (rapidly placing and removing them as light sources move)
- this has several limitations, only full water blocks can emit dynamic lights (not waterfalls or partial block rivers)
- it will also not work if the light source is inside some non-air block like foliage or spiderwebs
- the mod is now a "standard" mod that requires both a client and a server to have it when playing online
- currently only the player self light and dropped items modules are implemented
- there is also no on-off button
This modification makes 'shining' items (default: Torch, Glowstone, Glowdust, Lit Pumpkin, Redstone, Lava Bucket, powered Minecart) illuminate everything around them if
1) the player has them equipped (in hand/armor)
2) they are dropped on the ground
You may add any Item ID you wish as shiny item, via the settings file. Also supports armor items!
There is no limit to the number of lights you can create, note however they are fairly FPS-costly. You can disable modules to obtain better FPS!
Put downloaded file into mods folder
Config Syntax help:
[DynamicLights_thePlayer, DynamicLights_dropItems and DynamicLights_otherPlayers configs]
* Possible setups:
* X := simple ID X, wildcards metadata
* X-Y := simple ID X and metadata Y
* X-Y-Z := simple ID X, metadata range Y to Z
There is a default value used as "setting", you can specify one by appending "=x" to the ID part
Valid Entry examples:
Torch minecraft id is "torch", will use the default light value (15)
Torch minecraft id is "wool"
Wool, magenta subtype (meta 2), will use a light value of 12
Wool BlockID, accepts metadata range [2..5]
Item ID range [314..317] covering golden armor, wildcarded meta/damage which means any value goes
Also unnecessarily specifying the default light value of 15, you could leave =15 out aswell
There no longer is numeric Block or Item id's. Use the string identifiers, google "Minecraft Data" to get a listing.
Values that cannot be mapped to anything will be logged and ignored
current versions available at curse:
To other modders: See sourcecode. Adding your own Dynamic Lights is "easy".
My other mods: