Errr, hey long time no see.
I've been working on a few bug fixes in my spare time and figured it's about time I upload the changes.
So, v-beta-3.0.15 is released on Github, if anyone is still using this mod.
I've spent such a long time span fixing these, that I can't actually remember what I have and haven't fixed...
But erm, I went through the issues of Github and fixed all the ones I could manage. Some issues are my fault, some don't event seem to be related to CloneCraft... I did my best, hopefully it works now. I basically just surrounded risky bits of code with try/catch statements, so if something breaks, it doesn't crash, and it handles it as an invalid block or item. So some items the clone might not recognise properly, but as a whole, it should be fine...?
So, from memory, I've fixed
Farming - The BlockReeds can't be cast to something-or-rather. That... should be fixed.
FrameBuffers - Opening up any of the GUI's with my custom scroller would sometimes crash because the GPU didn't support FrameBuffers (which I use to do off-screen rendering for the internals of the scrolling view, so larger things are clipped on the sides. So now, if the FrameBuffer fails, it will do a bit of magic and work around that by overlaying another image around the scrollview so it doesn't overflow. But that does mean that the GUI will now have an opaque background. Better than a crash though
Startup crashes - When the mod starts up, it tries to associate items with the blocks they place (i.e. an ItemDoor places two BlockDoor objects). It does this by creating a flat world, and creating a fake human, and placing all the items in the game on the ground, to see what happens. Dodgey, and it doesn't work all the time. Mod's don't expect some skeleton in another dimension to be using their items, so when it happens, they crash, and cause CloneCraft to crash. Which is fair enough. So, I've just encased that in try/catch. Should stop it from exploding.
Andd.. more. But, I can't remember.
University is full on at the moment, so I'm not dedicating a lot of time to new features, or even updating to new Minecraft versions. This mod is so huge, it's hard to justify the days/weeks it would take to update. So until I'm swimming in an ocean of free time, it's just not going to happen.
3 months or so and I'll be back on holidays with some free time to hopefully do something. But I'm not looking forward to fixing the 800 and something errors that pop up when I import my code into a 1.8 development environment.