Finley stands at the edge of the Great Market, a ever-shifting crowd of observers surrounding him. Finley is currently performing in front of a large fruit shop, specializing in summer fruits such as strawberries and watermelons. The shop owner, a few weeks ago, hired the amateur mage on contract, trying to drive business to the shop. So far, it appears the plan has worked. The crowd stands mesmerized as Finley works wonders with nothing more than a deck of cards. The cards flutter from hand to hand, almost as if some outside force was possessing them. Finally, the cards settle, with only one remaining in motion. "Is this..." Finley flips the card around, revealing the 2 of clubs. "Your card?" A young boy in the audience squeals in delight, grabbing the card and running off. A few generous passer-by toss coins into the circle of the audience. Finley glares at the boy, grabs a new pack from his bag, and continues the act.
- Registered Member
Member for 3 years, 5 months, and 7 days
Last active Sun, Jan, 13 2019 13:53:14
- 1 Follower
- 3 Total Posts
- 11 Thanks
Dec 6, 2017Posted in: Forum Games
I toss a reality bomb at your OCs, and they suddenly become banned from existence for being Mary Sues. I then push you into a convenient hole, and take the cookie.
I hand the cookie to MY OC, Aerxes Emerentius Hotlady, who is a half-demon, half-angel, half-mermaid, half-vampire, half-werewolf, half-god, half-furry, half-blood, half-reality warper, ninja assassin cyborg magical-girl bounty hunter. She has all of the elemental powers, is good with every weapon in the universe, she's super hot, everyone likes her, she can save the world if he wants to, or destroy it cuz she's way more powerful than anyone else, is good at cooking and fixing things and racing and sports and is super smart and is cool and is always wanted by the hot guys and can do anything better than anyone else...
Here's a picture of her:
She isn't a Mary Sue because she has a weakness: She's too powerful and gets bored by fights because she is the daughter of the universe and the god of anime and she's super kawaii and she is an orginal character donut steel.
Nov 16, 2017Posted in: Forum Games
I place a sponge into the cannon while you aren't looking. That's a lot of TNT, isn't it?
I remove the next posters arms and legs, take out all their teeth, dump them in anti-magic fluid, remove their arms, and lock them in a box hanging over a pit filled with razor wire. Good luck.
- To post a comment, please login.
Nov 3, 2017Posted in: Forum Games
Story: *Insert Character name here* was minding their own business, when someone/something came up behind them, and WHAM. When they come to, they find themselves in a stone room deep underground in a cave. A majority of their power(s) and memories are sealed away, and they need to get out. But how will they manage to escape?
- Don’t power play, or do something too big for what one of your PCs (Player Characters) is reasonably capable of.
No starting at a higher level than 1 at the start of the cave.[Trash a Rule: This does more harm than good on second thought, as it hinders joining.]
- Don’t haphazardly KO and kill weaker PCs. ONLY fight PCs that are decently less powerful than you if they attack you first, and only actively kill them if they chronically attack stronger PCs OR they can’t be KOed. Just don’t continue attacking them if they give up unless they’ve proven that they won’t stop fighting you or will promptly resume their assault after stopping.
- Special insta-kill/KO or Super Abilities/Effects(effects like push and burn don’t count in this context) should only be used/triggered rarely, be very risky, easily interruptible, and/or require a hefty cost of some resource (MP, RF, EU, ETC.).
- Don’t have PCs teleporting out of the cave without having escaped it first.
- Don’t create a new PC whilst having another character that still has yet to escape the cave that hasn’t died. (This Rule doesn’t apply to a player who has had their character(s) in the cave, such that they had no living characters in the cave, revived for a 5 minute time frame after the revival. This is to protect against ninjas. Creating a character closes off the window to make more characters. )
- You must remove all recognizable traces of a character’s dead body to render them unable to be revived.
- You can only create one PC at a time.
- Don’t try and exploit loopholes to bypass rules.
- No using information with a character that couldn’t possibly know that information. Having another character that knows said information tell them said information first is ok, though.
- For a Player Character to be killed, they need to be knocked out first before they can be killed. Some PC traits assigned BY the creator can bypass this restriction for the PC in question when it’s HP is depleted. No “Kills other Player Characters instantly when depleting their HP” Traits or something of the sort, though.
- Environmental Hazards often won’t stop after getting a KO, or sometimes even after getting a kill! Be vigilant with getting your allies out of environmental danger!
- Careful with how you use your abilities, as you might, say, end up causing rocks to fall that kill you and your allies due to an artificially triggered cave-in!
- Some damage sources(like explosions) will leak excess damage from KOing a character into their ELP(Emergency Life Points), leaving them more vulnerable to being killed off! Most abilities/damage sources that do this should be marked with [ELP Leak] or similar.
- Enemies will usually refrain from attacking KOed characters, but that doesn’t they won’t refrain from splash damaging attacks that also harm said KOed character(s) if there’s more than one character that they can hit!
- Weaker PCs in a group of stronger PCs will be launched away from fights with other stronger PCs when they are KOed! (No “You can’t kill weaker characters unless they constantly attack stronger characters, therefore you cannot deal heavy splash damage to us because you will end up killing the weaker character!” nonsense for you!)
- Don’t try to dig your way out of the cave, lest you end up getting yourself in BIG trouble (by, for example digging into a later area of the cave that is filled with monsters 10+ levels higher than your character)! Try to get out of the cave by traveling through it as intended.
- Your character’s type/species/race and attributes can have an effect in combat, interactions, and events!
- If a player takes too long to respond in a fight, their character’s actions will be done for them so that the turn advances.
- If a player consistently has their character’s actions done for them during battles, their characters may be taken over until they respond or the path is cleared. If this is in effect before going down a path, the characters will not go along until the associated poster responds.
- When most damage sources KO, half of the damage leaks into ELP. This cannot kill a character outright.
- Being clever with your attacks/abilities/actions can have benefits!
Color Coded for sub-areas and ordered in the order of appearance.Stone Room: The first area the PCs find themselves in.
It appears to have some kind of puzzle in it...(CLEARED!)
The Lush Caverns: The area just outside the stone room, it’s filled with plant life, like grass, trees, and the rare set of vines. The glowing crystals on the ceiling and walls seem to be what’s keeping this place lit well enough to allow things to see and plants to live and grow.
- Password Arrows: A set of 7 arrows with a ring of numbers around each of them. There are no clues nearby, so guessing at the correct password would be like picking a specific key out of millions of identical ones.
- Crossover Town: A once-peaceful town, where people from multiple worlds live. 5 houses.
Player_Miner 1: “Connor” (Mii)
Personality: Mainly Cautious
Quirks: None yet.
- HP Sprinkles: Cap: 10, Rec./Post: 1
- MP Sprinkles: Cap: 5, Rec./Post: 0.5
- Life Sprinkles: Cap: 1, Rec./Post: 0.05
- Safe Spot: Put a character in a safe place to rest, where negative status effects harmlessly wear off after one turn, and stats like HP and MP are recovered over time. Any character can use and cancel this at any time if they aren't inhibited from performing an action by a status effect besides Moved(Info Effect). ONLY one character can be in the Safe Spot at a time. Cannot be used with only one party member active.
Stats (LVL 3): 12 HP, 13/13 MP, 5 ATK, 4 DEF, 10 MAG
- LVL 2: Fire (4 MP): Deal (MAG x 1.25) damage to a target with a blast of fire.
- LVL 3: Water Blast (5 MP): Deal (MAG) damage to a target with a 40% chance to trip them, preventing auto abilities.
- LVL 4: Lightning (6 MP): Deal (MAG x 1.25) damage to a target as 1-spread splash damage.
JimboMcjenkins 1: "Jimbo"
Personality: Mostly happy but not bright, at all
Quirks: None yet.
Stats (LVL 3): HP: 9, MP: 6, LP: 15, ATK: 5, DEF: 3
- LVL 2: Slippery Kick (3 LP): Jimbo attempts to walk over to the enemy and kick them, resulting in either Jimbo slipping and taking damage, or slipping twice and catching the enemy off guard, dealing bonus damage.
Faiyamon 1: "Faiya" (Dragon)
Class: Attacker/Supporter Hybrid
Personality: A little quick tempered, but apart from that pretty likable.
- Short-Fused: Frustration: When an ally gets low on HP, become Annoyed at the first enemy to attack them this turn. If Annoyed already, become Angry at them instead.
Stats (LVL 2): HP: 16, MP: 15, ATK: 6, DEF: 4
Abilities: A very faint flame glows on her tail at Lvl 1.
- LVL 1: Tail Whip (0 SP): Low damage,33% chance of burning the target, AoE damage every 4 levels.
- LVL 1: Dragon Claw (0 SP): Pretty high damage, but nothing special other than that.
- LVL 2: Bite (0 SP): Somewhat high damage, 10% of burning the target.
Dufhugth20: David (Human)
- Brave: Power Surge: Gets a quick boost of power, becoming able to always deal critical hits for two turns.
- Brave: Guardian: Puts the user under the Guard effect, protecting any ally with 25% HP. Lasts for two turns.
Stats (LVL 2): HP: 27, ATK: 5, DEF: 0, MP: 15, EP: 20
Perks: None. Next at LV 6.
Abilities: Gets either a new Sword or Fire skill every three levels. Can fly and teleport at LV 20.
- LVL 3: Thrust (Sword, 3 EP) Dash at an enemy, dealing half damage to a random enemy and normal damage to the target. If the random enemy is the same as the target, the damage is doubled.
Jam_Jelly 1: 'Daniel' (Human)
Quirks: None yet.
Stats (LVL 2): HP: 20, EP: 10, ATK: 2, DEF: 4
- LVL 1: Shield Slam(2 EP): Slam into an enemy with your shield, dealing (ATK * 1.5) damage. This has a chance to stun or de-balance the target, removing all targeting that the target has applied in the case of a stun and making them miss a turn or two.
- LVL 2: Bulwark (Passive): Daniel takes 25% less damage from all sources, before additional reductions. Damage reduction increases as Daniel gains levels. Cannot fully negate an attack.
- LVL 2: Taunt (4 EP): All enemies become enraged towards Daniel. May fail against bosses.
nubbin2003: DJ (Helian)
Class: Prophet (basically a mix of mage, ninja, and cleric) I am able to deal out damage with spells, and heal allies, but fight using a staff, leaving me vulnerable to attacks, due to my low DEF.
- Warning Shot: May fire magic sparks that deal 1 damage to all enemies at the start of an enemy-initiated battle. These have a 25% chance to scare and a 40% chance to alarm.
Stats (LVL 2): HP: 15, MP: 10, ATK: 7, DEF: 0, STG: 2, SPD: 5
LVL 1: Light Beam(3 MP): Shoots searing beams of light at all enemies, dealing (2 + LVL) damage. This ignores DEF.
LVL 2: Entropic Channeling(1-12 MP): Channel the power of RNG to attack an enemy, dealing a base damage amount of 1-12, with 1 of 6 random effects. If the random MP cost can't be afforded, the spell backfires, causing the caster to lose all their MP and miss their turn.Effect 1: The caster tanks 50% of the damage.
Effect 2: Hits as 1-spread splash damage.
Effect 3: Inflicts the Entropy effect on the target.
Effect 4: The caster takes 50% of the target's RECIEVED damage.
Effect 5: The MP cost is doubled. If the MP cost can't be afforded afterwards, the spell backfires, causing the caster to lose all their MP and miss their turn.
Effect 6: Inflicts the Entropic Weakening effect on the caster.
LVL 3: Sacrifice(Free Modifier, Optional): Enables MP overdraw, where overdrawn MP is taken as Direct-HP damage. Lingering side effects make this less effective the more it is used. If the damage taken would cause HP to be depleted, the spell fails and backfires, causing HP to be reduced to 1 and MP to be depleted.
(Buffer)[X] Cure (Trait): This effect is cured by [X].
Stun (Phys): Misses turns, can't use auto abilities. 25% chance of being removed upon taking damage. Attacks have a 75% chance to land as a Critical.
Shocked (Elec): Misses turns, can’t use auto abilities. 20% chance of spreading to melee attackers.
Staggered (Phys): Misses next turn, can't use auto abilities.
Off-Balance (Phys): Misses next turn. Auto Abilities triggering for the affected removes this effect.
ELP Leak (Mod): All excess damage from KOing effects ELP without being affected by HP/ELP Transition resistance.
Super ELP Leak (Mod): All excess damage from KOing effects ELP without being affected by HP/ELP Transition resistance. All damage this does to ELP is doubled.
ELP Block (Mod): Cannot affect ELP.
Annoyed (Psi/Special): When attacked, has a 50% chance of becoming angry at the attacker.
Angry (Psi/Special): Gets two actions in a row. If Quick, gains an action IMMEDIATELY. Can only attack [Offender Name].
Explosive (Trait): Can explode, dealing (? x ATK) as ?-spread splash damage. (Doesn't do this on it's first turn.) [Potential ELP Leak]
Quick (Trait): Gains a turn in the Pre-Emptive Phase.
Haste (Special): Has 2 actions/turn.
Ranged (Trait): Attacks from range, becoming Immune to melee counters in the process.
Immune (Special): Cannot be damaged. Auto/Prepared effects generally will not trigger against characters with this effect.
Burn (Fire): Takes 2.5% of Max.HP as damage every turn. Cross-counters against Cold effects.
Burning (Fire): Cannot make any actions or use auto abilities, takes 10% of Max.HP as damage every turn. Cross-counters against Cold effects. [Water Cure] [ELP Leak]
Incinerating (Fire): Cannot act or use Auto Abilities, takes 35% of Max.HP as damage every turn. Cross-counters against Cold effects. Has a 10% chance to inflict Burn on melee attackers. [ELP Leak] [Water Cure]
Melting (Fire): Unable to do anything, takes 80% of Max.HP as damage every turn. Cross-counters against Cold effects. Has a 20% chance of inflicting Burn up to 4 times on melee attackers. [Super ELP Leak] [Super Effect]
Chilled (Frost): 25% chance to miss an action or Auto Ability. Cross-counters against Heat/Fire effects other than Burn.
Freezing (Frost): 50% chance to miss an action or Auto Ability. Cross-counters against Heat/Fire effects other than Burn.
Frozen (Frost): Cannot use Auto Abilities or perform any actions, takes 20% of Max.HP as damage when removed via expiration, resists 50% of most damage types. Cross-counters against Heat/Fire effects other than Burn. [ELP Block]
Cryo-Frozen (Frost): Cannot do anything, is Immune to most damage types, and HP transitions to 35% of Max.HP over time. Completely eliminates Burn, and cross-counters against all other Heat/Fire effects. [Super Effect]
Covering/Covered (Special): [Protected Name] uses [Protector Name]'s DEF, and 50% of the damage dealt to [Protected Name] is tanked by [Protector Name].
Sleep (Psi): Restores 40% of Max HP as HP every turn, misses turns, and cannot perform auto abilities. Interrupted by taking damage, which will land as a Critical.
Nightmare: Same as Sleep, but doesn’t restore HP and the affected loses 5% of each of their SPs every turn. If the effect expires normally or is terminated by an attack, applies Panic to the affected. Overrides Sleep.
Poison (Toxic): Takes 5% of Max HP as damage when performing a non-free action. Damage cannot be avoided by not performing any non-free actions.
Entropy (Special): Takes 7.5% of Max HP as damage when performing a non-free action AND at the start of the turn. Damage cannot be avoided by not performing any non-free actions.
[Stat] Degeneration (Variable): Lose (5% Max.(Affected Stat] x EFCTLVL) (Affected Stat) every turn. Cross counters against Regeneration of the same stat. [ELP Leak]
[Stat] Regeneration (Variable): Recover (5% Max.(Affected Stat] x EFCTLVL) (Affected Stat) every turn. Cross counters against Degeneration of the same stat.
Entropic Weakening (Special): Outgoing damage is cut in half.
Power Surge (Phys): Always deals critical hits.
Distracted (Psi/Special): Always receives critical hits.
Happy (Psi/Special): Outgoing damage is increased by 1.5x. Nightmares have a 75% chance of being converted into Sleep when applied.
Scared (Psi/Special): Has a 50% chance to fail to perform a combat ability, and CANNOT use one on the source. 0-100% of SP that would have been used is wasted in this case. The affected cannot be put to Sleep, but is instead sent into a Nightmare when the former would be applied. Afflicted enemies also have a 20% chance to flee on their turn, removing them from the fight entirely. Rewards are not obtained from the affected enemy when this happens.
Panic (Psi/Special): Has a 75% chance to lose a turn, cannot perform Auto Actions, and always receives Criticals. Has a 33% chance to be removed when hit. The affected cannot be put to Sleep, but is instead sent into a Nightmare when the former would be applied.
Free Modifier (Mod): Can be applied to a spell at any time.
Passive (Mod): Is always active.
Auto (Mod): Occurs randomly and automatically. Cannot be manually activated.
Toggleable (Mod): Can be disabled or enabled at any time.
Disabled (Mod): Cannot be used or activated, overrides Passive and Auto.
Trip (Phys): Cannot use auto abilities. Wears off on the team's turn.
Alarmed (Psi/Special): On NPCs, makes them 50% less likely to attack the source. On PCs, attacks against the source have a 35% chance to be redirected to an adjacent enemy.
Light (Mag/Trait): The affected weighs less. At EFCTLVL 1, usually floats on water no matter the body postition. At EFCTLVL 3, the affected floats upwards in a normal atmosphere under gravity under most circumstances due to density differentials with the air. Cross-counters against Heavy.
Heavy (Mag/Trait): The affected weighs more. Cross-counters against Light.
Low-G (Mag/Space): Gravity has less of an effect on the affected. At EFCTLVL 4, gravity has no effect on the affected, and at higher levels, gravity is inverted. Cross-counters against High-G.
High-G (Mag/Space): Gravity has a greater effect on the affected. Cross-counters against Low-G.
Time Down [X] (Time): The affected is only able to act every X turns, and receives X criticals when hit. [Super Effect]
Time Up [X] (Time): The affected acts X times per turn, and deals X criticals when dealing damage. [Super Effect]
Doom (Dark): Upon expiration, INSTANTLY depletes the victim’s HP or ELP, preferring HP. [Super Effect (Short/No Timer)]
Tear (Dark/Mag): Whenever the afflicted attacks, they lose (10% x EFCTLVL) of their current HP. Has a max LVL of 3.
Confused (Psi/Special): When performing an action, the target is randomized according to the valid targets.
Mega-Confused (Psi): When performing an action, the target is chosen at random out of ALL TARGETS, no matter their affiliation.
Giga-Confused (Psi): Actions are completely random, from using a skill on oneself, to headbutting a wall, to jumping on an enemy or ally, ETC. [Super Effect]
Brainwashed (Psi): The affected performs actions that benefit their enemies.
Mind Controlled (Psi): The affected is completely under the control of the afflictor.
Silenced (Mag): Special abilities, special equipment perks, and magic are disabled. All non-physical statuses are completely removed on application, barring some Special statuses.
Stasis (Time): The affected is unable to act, but cannot be affected by anything. [Super Effect]
[Element] Imbue [BST] (Variable): When attacking, (BST) damage of the effect’s element is dealt as bonus damage.
Glitch [Effect] (Special): Behaves like the effect it’s mimicking, but without any elemental specifications.
[Trait]C (???%) (Trait): When the linked trait would have an effect, it has the specified chance of coming into effect.
You can join at any time.
New PC: “Connor” (Mii)
Personality: Mainly Cautious
Abilities: None at LVL 1
*PC story stuff that I’m not sure that I want to write*
- To post a comment, please login.