Discontinued. Please do not ask for new features or updates.
Convenient Recipes adds in new recipes for previously uncraftable things, such as horse armour, saddles, name tags, packed ice and chainmail armour. It also allows players to remove colour from stained clay and glass, turn wool into string, convert hardened clay into bricks, and turn glass panes back into blocks. On top of all of that, recipes for walls, fences and stairs have a higher output to ensure geometrical correctness (and make them cheaper).
If you have any suggestions for more recipes, feel free to suggest away. Also feel free to suggest ideas for mods I could create.
Installation is the same as with any Forge mod. Just install Forge and drop the ConvenientRecipes.jar file into the mod folder in your .minecraft directory. Download Forge files.minecraftforge.net
These recipes are enabled by default. They can be disabled in the config:
These recipes have been changed. Their outputs can be changed in the config:
These recipes are disabled by default, but can be enabled in the config:
LICENCE AND MODPACKS
- Initial release
- Wall recipes now return 18 walls instead of 24.
- Ladder recipe now returns 14 ladders instead of 3 (equivalent to 4 ladders per plank block).
- Added an instance because why not.
- Moved recipe remover into pre-initialization method.
- Added the 1.8 recipes for stone brick variations and mossy cobblestone.
- Quartz blocks can be turned back into the quartz item.
- Some information about what the mod is doing is now logged.
- Added an mcmod.info file.
- Fixed recipe derp.
- Updated to MC 1.8.
- Prismarine shards can be crafted with flint, fish and lapis.
- Prismarine crystals can be crafted with glowstone dust, fish and lapis.
- Sponge can be crafted with wool, fish and prismarine shards.
- Now compatible with Forge rather than FML.
- Removed duplicate stone brick varient recipes.
- Added a configuration file for disabling or tweaking certain recipes.
- Changed the horse armour recipes to be more like the ones from the original Mo' Creatures mod.
- Actually removed duplicate stone brick varient recipes. For real this time.
- Disabled the crafting of sponge and prismarine by default. Can be re-enabled in the shiny new config file.
- Added the ability to craft records, though it's disabled by default. Can also be enabled in the config.
- Added the ability to crafting flint from gravel and stone.
- The mod now uses the GNU GPL license.