Quote from FlowerChild
Just a brief statement on 1.8, and this will likely be the last I say on the matter here.
There are a number of things that need to happen before an update of the mod is possible:
1) I need to return from vacation. That won't happen until this coming Sunday, and I won't likely be in any shape to start work on anything until next Monday at the earliest.
2) Version 1.8 of Minecraft needs to stabilize. I'm not willing to get into the whole update cycle until it is clear that Mojang won't be releasing any new updates to the game in the space of a few days. Typically, when they release a new version, they've been releasing 2-3 patches in quick succession afterwards and I'm not going to do the update work multiple times as a result of that.
3) The Minecraft Coder Pack (MCP) needs to update to 1.8 for it to be even possible for me to begin working on updating myself.
4) Similarly, Minecraft Forge needs to be updated as well to make it possible for Better Than Wolves to do the same.
5) 1.8 is a particularly large update to the game that likely touches upon a number of systems that this mod does as well. As such, I will likely need at least an additional couple of days once I have all of the above items satisfied to rework the mod to properly fit with 1.8.
So, in other words, we're looking at probably at least a week here until the mod gets updated to 1.8 for reasons beyond my immediate control. As such, messages encouraging me to do so serve no useful purpose, as you can rest assured that I will make it happen as soon as it is feasible.
All further messages on the subject will likely be ignored and I encourage others to do the same. Pestering mod authors to update, regardless of how it is phrased, is *extremely* bad form on these forums, and will most likely not gain you any friends.
Have a nice day.