The Coffee and Tea Mod is a Forge-based Minecraft Mod that fully implements coffee and tea in the game including plants (with custom 3d models), cups (with custom 3d models), seeds and potion effects from each drink. I will keep this mod updated and add new features overtime but the concept is a finished product. If you have any suggestions for this mod or would like to submit better artwork (which would be gladly accepted as by no means am I an artist) feel free to do as a post below.
Coffee Cup (left), Tea Cup (Center), Empty Cup (Right)
Shows all the items that the Coffee and Tea Mod adds in it's Creative Tab
Coffee & Tea plants at various stages of growth.
- The Villagers can now trade for various items in the mod.
- Tea Leaves now need to be ground on the Mortar and Pestle
- The Bounding boxes for each bush growth state now match the model.
- Mortar and Pestles have different textures based on durability level.
- Coffee and Tea Spawn in now spawn in Dungeon Chests and Mineshaft Chests.
- Coffee and Tea Bushes now spawn naturally in plains and extreme hill biomes.
- Cups now need to be cooked in a furnace after being made from clay (to harden)
- Mortar and Pestles can now be placed and used rather than using the recipe
- Water now needs to be boiled before being used to make Coffee or Tea
- Coffee Beans and Tea Leaves stack to 64 again.
- Coffee with Sugar
- Update Notifier
- Cups are no longer placed on crafting tables when right-clicking them w/ a cup in your hand.
- The bug where cups wouldn't place for certain people should now be completely fixed.
- Farmland underneath bushes no longer turns to dirt when recieving a block update.
- Items from Bushes now drop directly in the players inventory.
- Cups can now be placed in all 4 directions.
- The particles for when the tea plants and coffee plants are broken now display properly.
- Using the "pick block" feature (from creative) now returns the appropiate item when used on cups and plants.
- Compatible with both 1.7.2 & 1.7.10
Outdated Mod Review by TheDiamondMinecart
Below is a short list of planned features I will add any good suggestions I see to it and any new ideas I come up with in the future:
- Kettles will be able to hold 8 cups of water and will make a whistling sound when done.
- Different sized coffee and tea bushes (will occur randomly)
- Better models for bushes (you will be able to see the stem)
- Coffee Maker?
- Hot Chocolate
- Dyeing Cups different colors
- Apple Cider
- Kiln to make cups
- Plates that can be eaten off of.
The downloads for the mod are available on my website below:
Source Code (GitHub)
Below is a link to the GitHub repository.
Just remember that the source code is strictly for educational purposes only and should not be modified and publicly redistributed. Although, it is fine if you modify it for private use (you do not repost it or share it).
THIS MOD IS PROVIDED AS IS WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE OWNER OF THIS MOD TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THIS MOD. THIS MOD ALTERS PARTS OF THE MINECRAFT GAME, PARTS OF MINECRAFT MAY NOT WORK WITH THIS MOD INSTALLED. ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS MOD FALL ON THE USER.
Follow me on twitter for updates regarding my mods. I also have another mod I am developing called the Recipe Expansion Pack.
Special Thanks to
- Pharade who contributed many of the textures and images.
- LazyGom who contributed the Korean translation.