Quote from frankinstein212
Thats it?? just dirt??
sips_ would be pleased
Quote from Halo3hooks
Is it compatible with 1.2? I mean, I would think so but I am just asking to be sure. (It's not like it is a texture pack or anything that requires the blocks or anything)
Quote from Molandy
The door sounds like a plastic bag was hit and a triangle was played a split second after that. Doors do not sound like that in real life. None of the doors I have opend have made a "ding" sound.
I’ve stopped developing this mod for 2 reasons:
1 - I'm done with Minecraft, having played it since alpha 1.1.2_01. I've experienced everything this game has to offer. Since Minecraft was released (end of beta) it has become way too diluted for its simple outset. Almost everything that has been released since is just content and no new gameplay experiences. Every time I play I get irritated by the amount of lost potential and it makes me want to create a complete overhaul mod, though I simply don’t see that happening.
2 - The community. The immature, the trolls, the griefers, etc. This community is full of them and they’re ruining it for the rest of us. Now I get it, I like to let loose and have a laugh every once in a while myself. But the amount of stupidity on display is just cringe worthy. The signal to noise ratio is too low and finding good quality content is difficult.
Is this the end for Advanced Hud?
Update: Maxpowa is now developing the mod.
No. As of this post Advanced Hud is public domain, meaning it’s yours to do with as you wish. I won’t release the source though, as I’d rather have someone experienced working on the mod. Also my code shouldn’t be used as training material as it contains a ton of bad habits. Hurry up though, as I’ll be taking the downloads offline next month (June 30th)
Quote from Dragonid »
They could be divided into these groups within their type:
Arid: having three major distictions.
- Dunes: being very much like the Desert we have now, with predominantly Sand covering the ground with perhaps a layer of Gravel under it, sparse Dead Bushes, and uncommon Cactus. No dirt or trees, except perhaps adjacent to rare oases.
- Rocky: would predominantly have Gravel cover followed by Stone and Sand in amounts roughly equal to one another - there could be a wide variance in the density of Cactus and Dead Bushes - trees would be uncommon.
- This type of desert would be much like the Great Basin of the southwestern US or parts of most other deserts.
- Verdant: representing those deserts and arid regions that are covered in foliage adapted to low precipitation - a mix of Sand, Gravel and Grass - dense Cactus, moderate Tallgrass and Dead Bushes, occasional trees.
Wetland: having two major disticntions.
- Swamp: much as we have it today, with greater variation in tree density ranging upward from what we presently have.
- Marsh: predominantly full of reeds / cattails, a variation on Sugarcane mechanics that grows in the shallow waters (1-2 deep) up to 3-4 blocks above water level, and is generally devoid of trees.
Having a set of oceanic biomes, rather than just one Ocean biome, would be very nice. Oceans being entirely barren and in need of some kind of content probably distracted me from the idea that was brought up earlier about desert and wetland diversity being applied to oceans as well. The oceans we have now are temperate, ocean diversity would be nice (in the same way that we have arboreal diversity with several kinds of forest).
There could be the temperate oceans we have, plus an 'arctic' variety with icebergs polar bears and walruses, and the one that I think a lot of people look forward to, tropical ocean, with corals and abundant small sealife like crabs, jellyfish, and all manner of little colorful fishes.
Quote from inch
Please, good sir freakstritch, cancel your vacations and update this mod as fast as possible. You are committing a crime against human rights, the right to have the best mod out there updated!
Thank you in advance, hopping it's not necessary to call the law to this conversation.