- Registered Member
Member for 11 years, 4 months, and 1 day
Last active Sat, Aug, 6 2011 02:21:41
- 0 Followers
- 277 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Feb 27, 2010Posted in: Alpha - Survival Single PlayerQuote from Silvertie »Digging the oceans; if we had boats with arrow-turrets or cannons, we could have naval battles of epic proportions!
Or lolhueg amounts of piracy.
I think the oceans would need to be at least 2x-3x the size they are now for that (but perhaps less common). I sure hope they are. A pirate's life for me~
Feb 27, 2010I just found one of those brick pyramids while exploring the skyless void at the end of the map! I wonder how far down they extend into the earth? I should try digging down through one the next time I see one...Posted in: Alpha - Survival Single Player
Feb 27, 2010Posted in: Alpha - Survival Single PlayerQuote from DisturbedTK »
I just dug to the bottom of the map... Still trying to figure out what THE **** just happened.
If you're cautious and don't just dig straight down, you'll see that the bottom of the map is actually an infinite drop into the sky, as if this was just one huge floating map with no ground at the bottom at all. Unfortunately, there's an invisible pool of lava right there that only becomes visible when you jump in. Kind of difficult to research more beyond that, especially with the lack of healing items and only wood picks...
Feb 26, 2010I really think someone would only be a griefer if they were purposely trying to break the server, by running off in one direction to generate a bunch of maps or something. As far as actual gameplay goes, all's fair. (As far as trapping spawn prisons goes, I think there's actually a pretty good chance spawn prisons will be uncommon in survival.)Posted in: Alpha - Survival Single Player
Feb 24, 2010282. Build a tower of TNT around the spawn point.Posted in: Alpha - Survival Single Player
283. Ruin everybody's waterfalls with sponges.
284. Break all the paintings, but kindly put them back, just as a different painting.
285. Wait for people to activate a furnace and leave their house, steal coal.
286. Flood spawn prisons if they still exist in the free for all world of survival, and seal them, making new players drown before OPs can reach them.
287. Scratch the above and fill them with lava. Maybe even "seal" them with TNT.
288. Steal torches from homes, causing monsters to spawn.
289. Die everyone's wool pink.
290. Set aflame NPC villages, if implemented and made of wood.
291. Do falling sand and gravel still hurt you? If so, dig pits, put empty chests at the bottom, and drop sand on anybody that jumps in.
292. Plant a land-claim flag on the moon.
293. Build a bridge between the sun and moon, likely wreaking gravity-based havoc.
294. Blow up the sun and moon.
295. Build a room with a ceiling of diamond, with a large pool of lava sitting directly on top of that.
295. Drop a block of lava or two in every home.
297. Build large, thick walls of diamond in a secluded area around a house while someone's inside. But take away their pickaxes and anything that can be used to make pickaxes. Laugh as they are forced to destroy the diamond. (Then kill them when they make it out.)
298. Rob those silly player banks that people keep talking about making.
299. Place paintings in the most inconvenient spots for other people that I can think of.
300. Enter this world's negative space and detonate lots of TNT there, making huge mountains appear out of nowhere back on the other side.
Feb 23, 2010Posted in: Alpha - Survival Single PlayerQuote from Cubeface »Really what I'm excited about is that Notch said this could be a good time to add NPC Villages and stuff, and I was thinking of maybe like visiting those villages and trading and like helping them. It sounds fun, and it's an interesting way Minecraft is going.
You're so boring. Those villages would finally be a half-decent use of flint and steel! Hopefully they're made out of wood...
Anyways, as long as this doesn't turn Minecraft into lag hell, and I'm sure Notch is doing everything he can to prevent that, it sounds awesome.
Feb 23, 2010I got all of them!Posted in: Alpha - Survival Single Player
Also, sometimes deleting a painting nets you two painting blocks. o.o
Quote from T3rminator »Quote from twangykid »Quote from T3rminator »Must of gone through about 100 paintings and this picture hasn't shown
Lol, that one is 3x3, from what i see, you don't have enough space.
I tried it in a 4x4 space i removed some of the paintings and still didn't get that picture
Try placing it one block up and one block right of the bottom-left corner of the 4x4 area. Paintings are a bit finicky about how they arrange themselves from where you place them, even if you have enough space.
Feb 21, 2010Frostdawn posted a message on Notch: I have a potentially game breaking idea.. Do? Not do?Posted in: Alpha - Survival Single PlayerQuote from Peri »I'll say this and I won't say anything else;
Allow me to add one word onto that:
Feb 21, 2010Frostdawn posted a message on Notch: I have a potentially game breaking idea.. Do? Not do?Notch should probably make it so that different types of areas vary largely in available resources, to promote exploring and maybe trading in MP. Mountains would have ice, floating islands could have magic ingredients, the moon could have cheese ore, etc. 'Cause I guess exploring would get kind of boring after awhile otherwise.Posted in: Alpha - Survival Single Player
Feb 21, 2010Posted in: Alpha - Survival Single PlayerQuote from Monkid »Quote from Frostdawn »Quote from Monkid »I'm starting to thinks that i don't want multiplayer for at least some time.
The more it's delayed, the more ways we'll have to kill eachother, and the more people who will be anxious to kill eachother.
209. Play Theone's Lava Survival server, actually attempt to survive from lava.
210. Die a painful, lava-based death.
211. Plant land-claim flags everywhere, preventing everyone else from doing anything.
I understand there's a lot of online games about killing which are far more spectacular, gory, and aesthetically richer in that sense than Minecraft. Am i wrong?
Perhaps, but Minecraft's probably rather high up on the list of games with the most different ways to kill people, even if at least a third of them somehow involve TNT.
- To post a comment, please login.