Have you ever wanted to control Minecraft with the new Leap Motion Controller? Now you can!
After receiving my Leap, I thought to myself, "Why can't I control Minecraft with this?"... because no feasible method existed to do so, of course. Leapcraft aims to correct that, and actually allow you to control Minecraft with the Leap.
NOTE: If the name isn't evident enough, this mod requires the Leap Motion Controller to operate.
Planet Minecraft post: http://www.planetminecraft.com/mod/leapcraft---leap-motion-controller-support-for-minecraft/
- Use one finger above the Leap to look around. Multiple fingers are supported, but may be buggy.
- Make a very slight downwards motion with the tip of your finger to place the block currently in your hand.
- Move your finger forward into the "touch zone" to break blocks/attack entities.
- Ideally, you should be using the left hand on your movement keys and the right hand to look around/place/break/attack (or vice versa if you normally use the left hand for movement keys).
- Download Leapcraft.
- Read the READ_ME_FIRST.txt.
- Add everything from the ADD-TO-.MINECRAFT-FOLDER to your .minecraft folder.
- Navigate to your .minecraft folder. Find the versions folder.
- Copy the 1.6.2.jar from the .minecraft/versions/1.6.2 folder to the .minecraft/versions/Leap-1.6.2 folder. Make sure the jar is named "Leap-1.6.2.jar".
- Open Leap-1.6.2.jar with your favorite archiving program.
- Delete META-INF!
- Drag everything from inside the ADD-TO-LEAP-1.6.2.jar folder in the Leapcraft ZIP into the Leap-1.6.2.jar.
- Create a new profile in Minecraft, using the version "release Leap-1.6.2".
- You're done!
- Sometimes while placing a block, your view will appear to move up and down rapidly. Workaround: Make a smaller motion with your finger.
- Sometimes, your finger's position is incorrect compared to where you are looking. Workaround: Press ESC (to access the in-game menu), move your finger to where you would like it to be, then resume the game.
- Attacking entities is buggy. This will be fixed in a future release.
- Virtual mouse cursor to completely eliminate the need for a mouse.
- More realistic gestures.
Known working with:
- Forge - compatibility is coming very soon (as in, the next update.. that kind of very soon).
Leapcraft 1.6.2-A1 for Minecraft 1.6.2