- Registered Member
Member for 8 years, 11 months, and 4 days
Last active Mon, Jan, 27 2014 01:44:00
- 0 Followers
- 12 Total Posts
- 1 Thank
Jan 26, 2014Foomandoonian posted a message on [16x][1.8] ~Dandelion~ (Biomes o Plenty support) UPDATED 5/23I adore this pack! Is the pixel font your own creation? If not, what's it called? (Sorry if this got asked already, I haven't gone through all 18 pages yet.)Posted in: Resource Packs
Jul 11, 2013Foomandoonian posted a message on Animation in Resource Packs - a Minecraft 1.6+ Tutorial - Works in 1.8.xPosted in: Resource Pack DiscussionQuote from Alvoria
As far as vanilla animation goes, yes, I can confirm. The system Mojang has in place is specific to blocks and items only.
Thanks again! At the moment I'm trying to make an adventure map that only requires a resource pack, but thanks for the info.
Jul 11, 2013Foomandoonian posted a message on Animation in Resource Packs - a Minecraft 1.6+ Tutorial - Works in 1.8.xAmazing, thanks for this Alvoria!Posted in: Resource Pack Discussion
I've just tried to animate an entity texture (I thought the beacon beam would be really interesting if it pulsed) with no luck. I can make the same animation work on a block, so I assume entities just don't support animation. Can you confirm?
Jul 10, 2013Foomandoonian posted a message on John Smith: Legacy [JSTR - Mod support (FTB, Tekkit, AT .etc.)][Community GitHub Project]Thanks for the reply Jim - and especially thanks for that link to the alternative textures!Posted in: Resource Packs
Jul 10, 2013Foomandoonian posted a message on John Smith: Legacy [JSTR - Mod support (FTB, Tekkit, AT .etc.)][Community GitHub Project]I love the work you guys are doing here. The pack is lovely. I just wanted to leave some critical notes of a few aspects I don't like so much however. I'm not suggesting that the pack is wrong in any way - these are just my opinions. That said, I hope you agree and consider offering these as alternatives in the customiser. (When is the customiser likely top be ready anyway?)Posted in: Resource Packs
Anyway, in order of how important I think these problems are:
- The beacon energy beam is gross. I'm not really sure what it is supposed to look like, but something simpler would be appreciated.
- Glowstone and glowstone lamps need to look distinct from each other. Either they should look like two different types of lamps or glowstone should be a luminescent rock of some kind, as it is in the default texture. You know how the Sankara Stones in Temple of Doom glowed? Maybe like that. if they could pulse like the Jack-O-Lanterns do too, that would be cool!
- The note blocks and juke boxes seem unnecessarily harshly textured. Some ornamental wooden designs would feel more appropriate.
- I'd like End stone to look more like a desert coloured cobblestone. At the moment it looks like a functional block of some kind.
- Hay bales need to be a little more saturated (yellower).
- Cracked stone blocks should be cracked and worn, not decorative alternatives. It's useful to be able to show wear and tear in adventure maps perhaps to subtly highlight pathways or moving parts.
- The top of the quartz pillars should be more interesting - as in default. It could be a more versatile block than it is.
- Make the trapdoor wood colour match the oak wood planks - or at least one of the plank types.
- Make Mycelium more like Mycelium (or at least not just more grass). Perhaps some kind of red weed that would go nicely with Nether stuff?
Jun 25, 2013Posted in: Minecraft ToolsQuote from Captain_Chaos
To everyone experiencing problems with WorldPainter on a Mac after updating Java to Java for OS X 2013-004, Apple are reporting that they have fixed it. If you have already installed the update you need to manually patch it according the instructions in this post:
Let me know if you were affected by this and were able to fix it (or not) with these instructions!
That was a simple process, and everything seems to be back to normal now. I'm glad I waited! Thanks for the support here - it's appreciated!
Jun 23, 2013Posted in: Minecraft Tools
@Captain_Chaos Thanks for posting that workaround. Before I try it though, do you plan to update the app with a fix? (or do you expect Apple to?) I prefer the Mac look, but more importantly I'd rather not mess around with config files if I don't have to.
Jun 19, 2013I can confirm BioticPixel's issue. I launched WorldPainter today for the first time in a few weeks, it updated to 1.4.0, and has become impossible to use. It does actually function, but seems totally 'gummed up'.Posted in: Minecraft Tools
I'm on Mountain Lion and there was a Java update from Apple just today. I've no idea how to troubleshoot this, but I'll help if I can.
Feb 20, 2013Foomandoonian posted a message on Who are the best Minecraft Let's Players on YouTube who aren't already super-famous?Etho, Captain Sparkles, Kurt J. Mac, Paul Soares Jr, Yogscast and all of these guys are great, but they are the biggest YouTube Minecraft LPers. They already make a living from playing Minecraft. They all have the power to make other LPers famous just by mentioning them. They don't need to be discovered.Posted in: Discussion
For the purposes of this thread, I was looking for people with under 10,000 subs. And not just anyone, but people who are entertaining and have fairly good production values. In short: LPers who deserve to be more famous than they are.
Jan 13, 2013Foomandoonian posted a message on Who are the best Minecraft Let's Players on YouTube who aren't already super-famous?Thanks for all of your suggestions. I compiled a list of my favourites on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/16hkys/who_are_the_best_minecraft_lets_players_on/Posted in: Discussion
Jan 12, 2013Foomandoonian posted a message on Who are the best Minecraft Let's Players on YouTube who aren't already super-famous?Thanks for all the replies so far everyone. I've definitely subscribed to a few of your suggestions! a little later I'll compile a list of links at the top as I think others may find this thread helpful.Posted in: Discussion
Jan 11, 2013I'm looking to follow some lesser-known Let's Players who make good quality videos but don't have tens of thousands of followers (yet).Posted in: Discussion
- To post a comment, please login.